Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

tithin posted:

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD EVENING DARLINGS AND GENTLE-DARLINGS

so of the reading I've done so far, the only suspicion I've picked up so far is someone with gamer in the nameso I'd need to read again now that I'm off my phone and on a PC

So this never actually happened, fyi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

And no one listened to my request :(

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

And no one listened to my request :(

I just got to a computer so I will after reading :sun:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

Which vote that has been made thus far bothers you the most? Why?

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote TMM

I have a theory.

Tommunist posted:

whats ur theory

Murmur Twin posted:

It's mostly meta and not something I want to specifically say at this point. I will definitely address it later.

:wow::wow::wow:

This is the worst vote in this thread by far. MMT has a theory that's strong enough for her to throw her vote behind, but it's not strong enough to actually discuss when asked about it? This strikes me as a really coy way to get people thinking about TMM, as after reading this at least I had an urge to go reread TMM to see if I missed something. This way, if someone else had decided to lead the charge against TMM after this vote MMT could easily explain her "meta" case or handwave it away if he flipped town.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

##vote Gwynplaine This is scummy and so is your "do we really HAVE to lynch someone" argument

fwiw I think gwyn is telling the truth about being a super soldier

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

Which vote do you agree with the most thus far? Why?

Gamerofthegame posted:

##unvote I guess

This pings me real bad for some reason, I dunno. I need time to think on it, but Ridonkulous going full ham on Ixt and then letting go without ceremony after it's obvious no one is jumping in, yet spending so much time in the circlejerk.

And also never actually voting on him. It strikes me as Bad, but in the same breathe it seems like such a stupid play for scum to do immediately at game start that it seems unlikely to amount to anything and I DON'T LIKE IT I'M AMBIVALENT SEND HELP

##vote Ridonkulous the most scummy right now with this argument I guess but I dunno I really would like a ~~~second opinion~~~

I agree the most with this one. I think Ridonk was trying to get a train started on ixt, and it never quite took off. Ridonk backs down pretty quickly once the pressure starts to turn to him instead, and seems like he's a bit worried that he miscalculated. His response to gamer after this didn't change anything as far as I'm concerned and for now my vote is also staying on ridonk. I don't like any other vote right now.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I strongly suspect one of the two votes on me from last night is a scum vote.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

BabeLiker90 posted:

I strongly suspect one of the two votes on me from last night is a scum vote.

If I had to choose between the two, I'd say birdstrike is more likely to be the scum.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Birdstrike posted:

I have a convoluted theory about Diqnol. His vote on Pod is almost too easy.

Share this theory with me, I need some jelly for my toast

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Max posted:

So this never actually happened, fyi.

You are correct, I drank instead of re-reading day one. I regret nothing.

I'm just going off gut, when I was reading on the bog earlier, I saw someone with the word gamer on their name thinking their vote seemed suss, but that's a half remembered thoguht from 8 hours ago.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

tithin posted:

You are correct, I drank instead of re-reading day one. I regret nothing.

I'm just going off gut, when I was reading on the bog earlier, I saw someone with the word gamer on their name thinking their vote seemed suss, but that's a half remembered thoguht from 8 hours ago.

maybe offer real content now?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Max posted:

I'm going to bed, please answer these questions for me to mull over and then give my opinion on later tomorrow:

I think Bowmore's vote was the worst of all of the votes so far because its an obviously reasonless vote at a point where enough content exists to not just be making poo poo up AND comes from a poster that doesn't do that sort of thing anyway.
I like my own vote, I guess. I don't see another vote that persuades me and "technically right but for the wrong reasons" doesn't do it for me.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Kashuno posted:

:wow::wow::wow:

This is the worst vote in this thread by far. MMT has a theory that's strong enough for her to throw her vote behind, but it's not strong enough to actually discuss when asked about it? This strikes me as a really coy way to get people thinking about TMM, as after reading this at least I had an urge to go reread TMM to see if I missed something. This way, if someone else had decided to lead the charge against TMM after this vote MMT could easily explain her "meta" case or handwave it away if he flipped town.

I just wanted to see how many times I could get you to type the letters M and T in a paragraph :j:

And I'll put it on the record - I do really think TMM is scum, regardless of anyone else's reaction.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Murmur Twin posted:

I just wanted to see how many times I could get you to type the letters M and T in a paragraph :j:

And I'll put it on the record - I do really think TMM is scum, regardless of anyone else's reaction.

I had debated not using 'him' or 'her' at all in that post and referring to you both by abbreviation for the entire post :v:

Also I mean it's fine to feel TMM is scum but you should probably have a reason

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."

Kashuno posted:

Doesn't matter if our leader thinks I'm scum anyways.

It's fair enough, really. People who have never played a game with me always think I'm scum.

I'm just weird and eager.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Yeah, but he could still be scum. I mean even the sign up OP said that scum powers are a degree more powerful than town, so I think we have to be careful about people with strong claims.

I also agree with Max that Gwyn's vote is pretty scummy. It's really just a hop on vote and he can use bird as a shield if it goes bad.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Yeah, but he could still be scum. I mean even the sign up OP said that scum powers are a degree more powerful than town, so I think we have to be careful about people with strong claims.

I also agree with Max that Gwyn's vote is pretty scummy. It's really just a hop on vote and he can use bird as a shield if it goes bad.

we need a :thatsauspol:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

In terms of actual game content:

I guess that's true he could be scum? Gwyn isn't really striking me as scum so far though; like most auspolers his d1 game is pretty silly but I have learned to give a couple of them the benefit of the doubt d1 (birb is not one of them).

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

In terms of actual game content:

I guess that's true he could be scum? Gwyn isn't really striking me as scum so far though; like most auspolers his d1 game is pretty silly but I have learned to give a couple of them the benefit of the doubt d1 (birb is not one of them).

Well, aside from his vote, I'm pretty neutral on Gwyn right now. I just wanted to make sure that people weren't turning a blind eye when it comes to thinking that strong roles aren't scum.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
I just like to pal around with birdstrike. He's not a my shield.

My constitution is such that I don't need one.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
The best vote is mine on Rid cuz it's mine and I actually feel more confident in it after their reply.

The worst vote is MTT's because it is trash, max. it's garbage. Sixteen hours from now it's going to be "ha ha you responded just as I thought you would it was just a test" and undo it.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Gamerofthegame posted:

The best vote is mine on Rid cuz it's mine and I actually feel more confident in it after their reply.

The worst vote is MTT's because it is trash, max. it's garbage. Sixteen hours from now it's going to be "ha ha you responded just as I thought you would it was just a test" and undo it.

We are surprisingly in sync so far.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Gwynplaine posted:

I just like to pal around with birdstrike. He's not a my shield.

My constitution is such that I don't need one.

:vince:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:justpost:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

TMMadman posted:

Yeah, I'm still trying to figure that one out.

I mean I thought it was obvious that my vote for Kash was a joke given the pregame chatter about me and Kash being in the same thread. Plus, you know, the fact that it was my second post in the thread and my very first vote early on D1. I don't think my first vote in any game has ever been a serious vote unless I skipped the early part of D1.

So here Kash, you can rest easy that my vote was just a joke: ##unvote

I don't actually think Kash is scum.........

.....yet.

Ick, this is not a good post

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

EXAKT Science posted:

Ick, this is not a good post
Go on: do you think it's scummy, pointless, or something else?

ass is hometown
Jan 11, 2006

I gotta take a leak. When I get back, we're doing body shots.

Kashuno posted:

I haven't caught all the way up yet.

Hi I realize you haven't played mafia in a while. Have you considered that the reason for this is you suck at it?

##vote ridonkulous

Maybe if you play again you should think "Is this dumb" and if yes, don't post it!

Can you justify why you are voting for me? Because you do not like my style or do you actually think I'm scum?

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

Ridonkulous posted:

Can you justify why you are voting for me? Because you do not like my style or do you actually think I'm scum?
Mafia philosophy: You're not in danger of being lynched. Do you think it's useful to question someone's vote for you for its own sake?

Possible reasons:
- You think Kash is scum, [partially?] because of his unsubstantiated vote
- You'd like to continue discussion and solicit responses from other people so you (and others) can judge their alignments
- You didn't have a good reason, and raised the question instinctively, perhaps out of curiosity or annoyance
- You think it's worth defending your case, should others follow Kash's vote
- Other

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Gamerofthegame posted:

Kashuno posted:

Also I mean it's fine to feel TMM is scum but you should probably have a reason

Geez you guys are impatient!

In my limited number of games with TMM, my read on his meta is that when he is town, he tends to come off as more defensive and argumentative*, especially when people accuse him of being scum. When he is scum, he adapts a more polite and cooperative tone and doesn't really engage in all-out arguing with people.

I wanted to at least give TMM time to react before explaining my thought process. My thought is that a town TMM would have OMGUS'ed me 100% of the time. The fact that he ignored it and instead moved on to other cases makes me think he's trying to avoid drawing unnecessary attention to himself, which I see a scum tell.

Yeah, it's a meta case based on a small sample size, but so far it's my strongest read.

*(this isn't meant as a personal criticism as I quite enjoy playing with TMM, just me trying to find scum)

ass is hometown
Jan 11, 2006

Max posted:

Murmur Twin posted:

It's mostly meta and not something I want to specifically say at this point. I will definitely address it later.

This reeks of "just trust me" without any reason to have earned trust. I think Murmur is refusing to justify "gut" which is a lovely reason to vote.
I am not sure what the gamble/reward would be from a scum perspective but this is easily the worst vote.

Max posted:

I do not see any votes that I agree with. Tommunist, Rascyc, CPig, Bowmore, and KingBurgundy offer little reasoning for their vote. I think Kashuno's vote is crap and GameroftheGame's second vote is understandable but flawed.

Dominoes posted:

Mafia philosophy: You're not in danger of being lynched. Do you think it's useful to question someone's vote for you for its own sake?

Possible reasons:
- You think Kash is scum, [partially?] because of his unsubstantiated vote
- You'd like to continue discussion and solicit responses from other people so you (and others) can judge their alignments
- You didn't have a good reason, and raised the question instinctively, perhaps out of curiosity or annoyance
- You think it's worth defending your case, should others follow Kash's vote
- Other

Are your "reasons" why he voted for me or why I asked, to me this entire rant looks like useless gibberish. You are trying to look like you are contributing more than you are.

although:

Dominoes posted:

Go on: do you think it's scummy, pointless, or something else?

posts like this are helpful, so I think your intentions are just misplaced and not scummy.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Ridonkulous posted:

Kashuno posted:

I agree the most with this one. I think Ridonk was trying to get a train started on ixt, and it never quite took off. Ridonk backs down pretty quickly once the pressure starts to turn to him instead, and seems like he's a bit worried that he miscalculated. His response to gamer after this didn't change anything as far as I'm concerned and for now my vote is also staying on ridonk. I don't like any other vote right now.

:sun:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ridonkulous posted:

This reeks of "just trust me" without any reason to have earned trust. I think Murmur is refusing to justify "gut" which is a lovely reason to vote.
I am not sure what the gamble/reward would be from a scum perspective but this is easily the worst vote.

I do not see any votes that I agree with. Tommunist, Rascyc, CPig, Bowmore, and KingBurgundy offer little reasoning for their vote. I think Kashuno's vote is crap and GameroftheGame's second vote is understandable but flawed.

Are your "reasons" why he voted for me or why I asked, to me this entire rant looks like useless gibberish. You are trying to look like you are contributing more than you are.

although:

posts like this are helpful, so I think your intentions are just misplaced and not scummy.

What do you think of Podima (I note you did not acknowledge my vote)

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I am wondering if your intent is only to note votes on people with momentum rather than actually finding scum, you see.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Murmur Twin posted:

In my limited number of games with TMM, my read on his meta is that when he is town, he tends to come off as more defensive and argumentative*, especially when people accuse him of being scum. When he is scum, he adapts a more polite and cooperative tone and doesn't really engage in all-out arguing with people.

I wanted to at least give TMM time to react before explaining my thought process. My thought is that a town TMM would have OMGUS'ed me 100% of the time. The fact that he ignored it and instead moved on to other cases makes me think he's trying to avoid drawing unnecessary attention to himself, which I see a scum tell.

Yeah, it's a meta case based on a small sample size, but so far it's my strongest read.

*(this isn't meant as a personal criticism as I quite enjoy playing with TMM, just me trying to find scum)

This isn't too bad. I could see that, but then again it could just be that he's aware of it and has taken flack for it before the game even started (like me) and is more conscientious of it at the moment. If I had no other reads I might vote TMM, but I think I'm more confident elsewhere at the moment.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Murmur Twin posted:

maybe you should have waited until he had more then three content posts to use this argument

ass is hometown
Jan 11, 2006

Murmur Twin posted:

Of course this comes out while I was writing my post. The big basis of my dislike of your vote was lack of reasoning aside from code.

Word.

BabeLiker90 posted:

I had overlooked it. I get your point but I see it as fluff posting and not necessarily scummy. So as much as I do not agree with your vote I do not find it "scummy".

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

BabeLiker90 posted:

Noticed this as well but was mid-response to MMT. However;

BabeLiker90 posted:

I am wondering if your intent is only to note votes on people with momentum rather than actually finding scum, you see.

I don't think this is true because he is talking about a few votes there that are the only votes on someone. I think, if anything, it's a glaring omission that could be indicative of a scum team. My current thought is that he doesn't have a way to refute your vote on a scumbro and is therefore ignoring it. Admittedly, I wasn't really getting a scum vibe from podima before this but it's weird to ignore someone who actually put reasoning behind their vote in favor of calling out players who were joke/drive-by voting

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Ridonkulous posted:

I had overlooked it. I get your point but I see it as fluff posting and not necessarily scummy. So as much as I do not agree with your vote I do not find it "scummy".

funny how you "overlooked" a vote with content but you sure did make sure to find the ones with absolutely no content at all!

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

Ridonkulous posted:

Why you asked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm sensing some tension brewing.

Everyone take a moment to just chill out. Stretch, think about a song you like, eat a bagel.

• Locked thread