Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

poo poo, it's Chuck Scarsdale! Hide or were gonna be on the news!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Cacafuego posted:

My favorite is him running around flapping his arms like wings going WONDERBOOOOOOOOOOOOOY!!!!

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I definitely need to hear this now.

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iac3zRH6nis (it almost is better without the video)

Apparently I've had this gold just laying around.

I almost wish I watched it without the video, because I think hearing them say "seriously what is this" without the visual might be more funny if you're not asking the same question yourself.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

twistedmentat posted:

My favorite is him running around flapping his arms like wings going WONDERBOOOOOOOOOOOOOY!!!!

Awww Cap. Another one?

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I just realized due to the poo poo Canadian dollar tshirt club is going to cost a lot this year.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

sbaldrick posted:

I just realized due to the poo poo Canadian dollar tshirt club is going to cost a lot this year.
hey man consider the fact that it's only once every 3 years, you saved big the past two

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
The dollar only crashed this year however, last year it was par.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Cacafuego posted:

One of my favorite Monarch lines is still the Mallcops one from season 2

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Cacafuego posted:

That episode has some great lines.

Dr. Venture: Do you know what Mr. Smart-mouth called me as he stormed out this morning? A honky.
The Monarch: [Chuckle] Did you really?
Hank: Yeah.
The Monarch: I’m transmitting you the instruction for the drop-off now, I suggest you follow them. Or your boys will follow the rainbow bridge to Valhalla. [Laughs] That is not as dark as its sounds in my head, is it?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Reminder that the Sovereign's new album comes out tomorrow.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I definitely need to hear this now.

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iac3zRH6nis (it almost is better without the video)

Oh my god. It never would have occurred to me to watch this but it's amazing.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
Doc and Jackson posted another re-cap video to get you all caught up for Season 6. It's Henchman 21 walking you through all the events of season 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2iltiQLSMo

nothing we didn't already know except it does confirm that the Sovereign is 100% dead.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I kinda forget how convoluted this show is sometimes.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

The Piper posted:

Doc and Jackson posted another re-cap video to get you all caught up for Season 6. It's Henchman 21 walking you through all the events of season 5

nothing we didn't already know except it does confirm that the Sovereign is 100% dead.

Wait, what? When did that happen?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Wade Wilson posted:

The eagle that Headshot shoots down by accident is the Sovereign. On my first watch, I just thought it was a joke about shooting a bald eagle, but we see him turn into it a few times. It's in Cremation Creek Pt. 2 for sure.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

The Piper posted:

"...you know, like Faust or Johnny Blaze."

:allears:

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Wade Wilson posted:

Did you see the special "All that and Gargantua-2"? If not, I have some good news...

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

The eagle that Headshot shoots down by accident is the Sovereign. On my first watch, I just thought it was a joke about shooting a bald eagle, but we see him turn into it a few times. It's in Cremation Creek Pt. 2 for sure.

P sure we see him turn into the eagle as he makes his escape that same ep

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Machai posted:

P sure we see him turn into the eagle as he makes his escape that same ep

Yeah, I think you're right. I just wasn't putting two and two together when I first watched it, I was more concerned about Dr. Mrs. The Monarch not dying.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
A few high-quality stills I haven't seen yet (or they just flash past in the teaser so quickly they didn't register): http://www.venturebrosblog.com/2016/01/exclusive-first-look-at-venture-bros-season-6/

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
This season is going to be great.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Wait was there a new shirt club announcement?

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Consummate Professional posted:

Wait was there a new shirt club announcement?

Yes, I think it was on mantis eye

E: http://mantiseye.com/news/2015/12/venture_bros_season_6_to_premiere_on_january_31st_return_of_shirt_club

JD
Jan 11, 2003
So what, those guys are here to kill you because god forgot to?

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
So one "Hal Lublin" (no idea who that is) will be playing a character named Wide Wale on the new season. I can only guess the character is the new villain that even the Guild is wary to deal with and who looks like a parody of Tobias Whale. You can see him talking to Doctor Ms. The Monarch in the image accompanying the tweet.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

X_Toad posted:

So one "Hal Lublin" (no idea who that is) will be playing a character named Wide Wale on the new season. I can only guess the character is the new villain that even the Guild is wary to deal with and who looks like a parody of Tobias Whale. You can see him talking to Doctor Ms. The Monarch in the image accompanying the tweet.

Hal Lublin was a core member of the Thrilling Adventure Hour, and is a very good voice actor, so I'm excited about this news.

JMBosch
May 28, 2006

You're dead.
That's your greatest weapon.

ShakeZula posted:

Hal Lublin was a core member of the Thrilling Adventure Hour...
And still is. Jackson Publick has been a guest on The TAH a few times. The VBs has been pulling from the LA comedy scene more and more for voice actors as the seasons go on, and now with season 6, at least three of the TAH regular cast members will have been on the show: Paget Brewster, Paul F. Tompkins, and Hal Lublin; along with plenty of their guest stars like John Hodgman, Nathan Fillion, Brendon Small, J.K. Simmons, Toby Huss, Reggie Watts, Wyatt Cenac, Jame Adomian, Gillian Jacobs, Patton Oswalt, and others I'm sure.

X_Toad posted:

a character named Wide Wale ... who looks like a parody of Tobias Whale.
Good eye. I was really wondering why they would do another Kingpin-like character, but I had never heard of Tobias Whale before.

Saucy Slit
Jul 27, 2011
I hated when they used Jon H Benjamin and Aziz Ansari. It is odd and off putting to hear a very known voice in the Venture-verse. Part of what makes VB awesome is the lack of mainstream voice work. To hear Benjamin for the millionth time with the same voice he uses and Ansari being himself was the only wrong thing Doc and Jackson have done. In the commentary for the fifth season opener episode Doc tip toes around not liking Ansari much. No other qualms but this.

New season, yippee, so excited!

Saucy Slit
Jul 27, 2011

Cacafuego posted:

"Jab! Body blow, body blow!!"

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

JMBosch posted:

And still is. Jackson Publick has been a guest on The TAH a few times. The VBs has been pulling from the LA comedy scene more and more for voice actors as the seasons go on, and now with season 6, at least three of the TAH regular cast members will have been on the show: Paget Brewster, Paul F. Tompkins, and Hal Lublin; along with plenty of their guest stars like John Hodgman, Nathan Fillion, Brendon Small, J.K. Simmons, Toby Huss, Reggie Watts, Wyatt Cenac, Jame Adomian, Gillian Jacobs, Patton Oswalt, and others I'm sure.

The missing link in all of this is Doctor Venture himself, who was also one of the main cast members of TAH.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Saucy Slit posted:

It is odd and off putting to hear a very known voice in the Venture-verse. Part of what makes VB awesome is the lack of mainstream voice work.

Patrick Warburton has a very well-known voice, and it's instantly recognized by almost everybody because it's the same exact voice he uses in live-action work and in all of his voice work.

Aziz provided the voice to a character anyone else could have voiced just about as well, but I love Jon H. Benjamin's voice as The Master. It's so deadpan and relaxed, as befits a character who really doesn't have to care much about the trials and tribulations of mere humans (or even magic humans).

JMBosch
May 28, 2006

You're dead.
That's your greatest weapon.

Maduo posted:

The missing link in all of this is Doctor Venture himself, who was also one of the main cast members of TAH.
Of course. I had him in there and accidentally deleted him when editing it before posting. I've been waiting for John DiMaggio to pop up in the VBs, but that would be another one of those super recognizable voices that might take some people out of it.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
John Hodgman sounds like he always does as Snoopy but I have no problem with the comedian voice actors. I really like H. Jon Benjamin as the Master as well, he's perfect for the role.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
I'm glad I randomly checked this thread for the first time in a few years, because I had no idea All This and Gargantua-2 or Season 6 were even a thing.

This is like some kind of weird second Christmas.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Cloks posted:

John Hodgman sounds like he always does as Snoopy but I have no problem with the comedian voice actors. I really like H. Jon Benjamin as the Master as well, he's perfect for the role.

Lets not forget Kevin Conoy

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

bobkatt013 posted:

Good god, that was perfect casting.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

bobkatt013 posted:

What I like is that when they have a voice actor who maybe has done a lot of work but is mostly known for one roll, Doc and Jackson have said that they tell the person, "... you can just do ____," which tends to work well. It's kind-of apparent with Captain Sunshine, and the Alchemist is clearly just Master Shake doing voice-over work.

Saucy Slit
Jul 27, 2011

tarlibone posted:

Patrick Warburton has a very well-known voice, and it's instantly recognized by almost everybody because it's the same exact voice he uses in live-action work and in all of his voice work.

Aziz provided the voice to a character anyone else could have voiced just about as well, but I love Jon H. Benjamin's voice as The Master. It's so deadpan and relaxed, as befits a character who really doesn't have to care much about the trials and tribulations of mere humans (or even magic humans).

True, Wharburton is definitely one of those. I had forgotten. But I over look this and care not because he was born to play Samson and it is so befitting.

Benjamin on the other hand loving blows. He's like the Chris Walken of voice actors. I'm so awfully tired of his dead-pan schtick. He's the Nic Cage of the adult cartoon world. Coach McGuirk was the last and only good match up for him.

Anyway, the voices of this show are a huge part of the magic for me. Varied and different. Unlike other shows where it all sounds like only four voices being done (American Dad, Futurama).

Saucy Slit fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Jan 11, 2016

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Saucy Slit posted:

True, Wharburton is definitely one of those. I had forgotten. But I over look this and care not because he was born to play Samson and it is so befitting.

Benjamin on the other hand loving blows. He's like the Chris Walken of voice actors. I'm so awfully tired of his dead-pan schtick. Coach McGuirk was the last and only good match up for him.

What about Archer?
Christopher Walken is also awesome when he has a good script.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saucy Slit
Jul 27, 2011

bobkatt013 posted:

What about Archer?
Christopher Walken is also awesome when he has a good script.

I don't watch Archer, because he's just a lame re-hash of Xander loving Crews. Whose voice would be more befitting of Archer.

Agreed, King of New York was good.

Saucy Slit fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jan 11, 2016