Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
I just noticed there is no "s" or "z" in pgabz's full name. This is concerning to me, because that means I've been imagining one for the last 400 pages.

They have won I think, the shitizens have killed my brain. I'll be out in the pasture awaiting the goon with a shotgun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jalumibnkrayal
Apr 16, 2008

Ramrod XTreme

D_Smart posted:

Don't get carried away. It's NOT what you think.

Well definitely not now that Goons have posted about it for pages. She already tried to quit once and stayed out of spite.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Here's a recipe:

If you put Bootcha and D_Smart into a blender you get cocktease milkshake.

Suck it down.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

MeLKoR posted:

Holy poo poo, DS became a real goon. One year ago he's have flipped at this. :respek:

Star Citizen: Derek Smart rehabilitation Station

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Jalumibnkrayal posted:

Well definitely not now that Goons have posted about it for pages. She already tried to quit once and stayed out of spite.

goons ruin everything

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

D_Smart posted:

I will ask Robin (the host). He probably has a local copy of it. Anyone recall the time stamp of the rant?

this should get you there derek

RuckusRouser posted:

It was about 1:05 PM Eastern Time. So go to the livestream here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znR3JvQJPMc

Look at your clock, and figure out the time difference between your time NOW and 1:05pm ET (e.g., 3 hours and 5 min), then use the bar at the bottom to go to -X:XX (-3:05 in this example)

RuckusRouser
Sep 28, 2015

Theres a lot of close ups of landing gear

Kakarot posted:

Its a loving 4 hour recording, just whats the timestamp at which Derek is talking about Sandi?

I posted that when it was livestreaming so there were no timestamps to go by. If the recording is now up, it would be somewhere near the beginning, but I don't know the start time of the rant.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

I swear I saw the space station rotate faster for a second at 00:24 while the ship's rotation stayed constant.

Also I was getting kind of woozy as you attempted to board the ship because the ship, the starfield, and the station were all rotating differently. Would that be a ticket to puke city in VR?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Agent_Mothman can't help but get into little spats with other Redditors.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3zycad/starfarer_vs_starfarerg/cyqq1xk

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
:gary::pgabz::pgabz::yarg:

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Bait and Swatch posted:

this should get you there derek

just a heads up that this won't work for anyone who has the option to embed videos turned off.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

:staredog:

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

A Neurotic Jew posted:

just a heads up that this won't work for anyone who has the option to embed videos turned off.

drat, I didn't think that would work at all. I suck at this trolling thing :bahgawd:

RuckusRouser
Sep 28, 2015

Theres a lot of close ups of landing gear

Mirificus posted:

Does Mirificus or one of the other archivists (AP, GORF, etc) have any info on how "the faithful" generally react when they get a long term ban on the forums? Do they go to reddit and start bashing the mods/CIG or do they say poo poo like "well I guess I deserved it, I was misbehaving"?

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Yeah, he just messaged me too. Thought he was out of old accounts

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Seraph, seek help. Serious post. Please don't end up as an saclopedia entry.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

TTerrible posted:

Pretty much everything he does is a cry for help

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
And we look down on him and whisper: "no."

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TTerrible posted:

his entire motivation is to end up as a saclopedia entry

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Ash1138 posted:

I swear I saw the space station rotate faster for a second at 00:24 while the ship's rotation stayed constant.

Also I was getting kind of woozy as you attempted to board the ship because the ship, the starfield, and the station were all rotating differently. Would that be a ticket to puke city in VR?

The station does that nearly all the time, its just how the bearing system works. Quality Origin System engineering. Situation normal.

As for the VR puke you would have probably been safe if slightly disoriented. The best ticket for a VR barfnado is moving the head of the player in a forced animation because it usually goes like this in your body :

Eyes : Hey, Brain, Hey, our head is moving.
Inner ear : No its not
Eyes : Yes it is, i swear.
Inner ear : No it aint, SHUT UP.
Eyes : Dont listen to the Inner ear she cant feel anything. HEAD MOVING, BRACE YOUR ARM FOR IMPACT
Inner ear : WE ARE SITTING IN A CHAIR, STOP SHOUTING YOU BLIND rear end in a top hat!

BRAIN : i'm so sick of you fuckers. Call the stomach and empty everything.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Ash1138 posted:

Not neccasarasasasraly no, as long as you had control of the camera it should be OK

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkdipQafF7o

Chris Roberts' Anthem posted:

All the promises we’ve been givin'
All the fires that we’ve feedin’
All the lies that we’ve been livin’ in

All the promises…promises…promises…promises…promises…promises

All the promises we’ve been given, given, given
All the fires that we’ve feedin’, feedin’, feedin’
All the lies that we’ve been livin’, livin’, livin’
Am I the only one that’s still believin’

Wouldn’t it be nice if we
Could leave behind the mess we’re in
Could dig beneath these old troubles return
To find something amazing

And Wouldn’t it be cool if we
Sail this ship to calmer seas
Turn our backs on bush fires burn.
Leave it on the coast

All the promises we’ve been givin', givin', givin'

I can see you’re in it to go
I think we knew this day might come
I hope you’ll find what we never ooh
Could never seem to love
But if you find just one reason to return
You’ll find me open arms

All the promises we’ve been givin', givin', givin'

Wouldn’t it be nice, if we

Wouldn’t it be nice

Jobbo_Fett fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jan 9, 2016

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

RuckusRouser posted:

Does Mirificus or one of the other archivists (AP, GORF, etc) have any info on how "the faithful" generally react when they get a long term ban on the forums? Do they go to reddit and start bashing the mods/CIG or do they say poo poo like "well I guess I deserved it, I was misbehaving"?
I've tended to pay closer attention to the principals than those they've psychologically enslaved and financially exploited. But I'm sure AP, Beer, Mirificus and others can shine some light.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

RIP Commandos o7

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

who cares, it was backer money
Just order another :smugdog:

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Jimb posted:

Derek was like a small part of it. I don't know, it's like an all day talk show or something. And unless anyone else has a recording of it all of the good stuff was truncated out of it because youtube only saved the last 4 hours

:smith:

There are so many of these all-day livestream shows for every loving online community, who the hell even has the time to listen to them? Who are they for?

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

fuctifino posted:

Beginner drone pilot mistake

From the look of it its a relatively cheap toy drone. Those things are actually harder to control than the average(200$) priced ones due to the absence of altimeter, forcing you to constantly monitor the altitude throttle. Also flying inside without prop guard is never recommended.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Rotten Red Rod posted:

There are so many of these all-day livestream shows for every loving online community, who the hell even has the time to listen to them? Who are they for?
I tried listening to the one Derek was on w/o Derek, and it was just gamergaters getting drunk and talking about stupid bullshit ad infinitum.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Just heard from a little birdie that Chris is stepping aside as lead of the project, allowing Sandi to take the helm. Our thoughts are with Chris.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Omi-Polari posted:

I tried listening to the one Derek was on w/o Derek, and it was just gamergaters getting drunk and talking about stupid bullshit ad infinitum.

Haha was it seriously a gamergater livestream? Of all the poo poo to wallow in, they're the nastiest.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
congrats to Sandi on becoming lead developer of shooty space game Star Citizen.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

No, the big news is that Sandi can no longer work with a talentless tub of lard, so will be leaving Chris.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Honestly it's hard to find stuff to video that isn't a corridor

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Haha was it seriously a gamergater livestream? Of all the poo poo to wallow in, they're the nastiest.
Eh in fairness those guys are more on the libertarian side of gamergate instead of the iron pill neo-fascitoid lunacy, which is cool. Whatever. Just not interested in listening to strangers drink and blah blah blah about bullshit for hours.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

RuckusRouser posted:

I didn't start following Star Citizen all that closely until a few months ago. I haven't really witnessed how long-term supporters react to being banned (well, besides Seraph) but I'm curious about it as well. AP and Beer might have a better idea.

I wonder what happened to Seria Mau after they were banned as they seemed to be quite the RSI white knight. Kurt_M looks like they might get themselves banned as well in the near future.

Just remembered Thylbana Nyx. They were put on probation for a week and the probation expired just after Christmas. It looks like they still check the forums but no longer post.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
I'm pissed at those loving dorks for blathering so long.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

fuctifino posted:

No, the big news is that Sandi can no longer work with a talentless tub of lard, so will be leaving Chris.

She's already divorced him once, she can't do that again, that would be admitting you made the same mistake twice!

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Khanstant posted:

Is that the same one I posted a while ago or is that guy just copy/pasting his same little theory lol

edit: yeah totally, what a dork

It's just him trying to turn Derek's comment around, which is sort of adorable in how badly he's clinging to it for several days now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

It's hilarious to me that a 100m company has to sit in a boardroom and discuss how to handle "the goons". It's the best self own I've ever witnessed.

• Locked thread