Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

VivaNova posted:

I assumed scum would prefer to be in battle.

This is a strange assumption.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

VivaNova posted:

I assumed scum would prefer to be in battle.

Not quite:

quote:

- The scum get a nightkill that they may use during the Battle phase. The scum player performing the nightkill must NOT be in the battle themselves, and likewise the target of the kill must not be conscripted for battle either. If there are no free scum players to perform a kill because they are all in battle, then there can be no nightkill that phase.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
GOD DAMMIT KASH

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
smh podima........

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Kashuno posted:

not really

obv not all of them would want in but I imagine some stat allotments/maybe-the-cleric? would do better in thread then in battle, too

null tell imo

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

TMMadman posted:

Love this vote. It feels like a preemptive vote so you can say I'm OMGUSing you.

Alternatively it was a vote because you outed yourself as scum. Sorry you suck at this game.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Viva does your volunteer alignment question work on people other than 100yrs?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

BabeLiker90 posted:

Alternatively it was a vote because you outed yourself as scum. Sorry you suck at this game.

Because I'm curious why you included me in a list?

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken

Birdstrike posted:

Viva does your volunteer alignment question work on people other than 100yrs?

I suppose anyone who feels they should be lynched or catapulted D1 can speak up.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Gwyn what do you think about the catapult claim?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: The Current Day 1 Votecount :c:

BabeLiker90 (3): Doktor Per, Birdstrike, Gwynplaine
Doktor Per (2): 100YrsofAttitude, Podima
Ridonkulous (2): Kashuno, Gamerofthegame
TMMadman (2): Murmur Twin, BabeLiker90
bowmore (2): Tommunist, Rascyc
King Burgundy (1): CapitalistPig
Ixtlilton (1): CapitalistPig, -CapitalistPig, bowmore
CapitalistPig (1): King Burgundy
Gwynplaine (1): Max
Kashuno (0): TMMadman, bowmore, -bowmore, -TMMadman
Dominoes (0): Gamerofthegame, Birdstrike, -Birdstrike, -Gamerofthegame
Podima (0): BabeLiker90, -BabeLiker90

Not Voting (10): Chic Trombone, Dominoes, EXAKT Science, fiery_valkyrie, Ixtlilton, Rarity, Ridonkulous, tithin, TMMadman, VivaNova

:h: With 25 players alive, it takes 13 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is January 11th, 2016 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 days, 22 hours.

Kermish politics are divided into two classes: the merchants and the matriarchs. The matriarchs enforce canon law on the land, but leave trade and sea travel for the merchants. In response, the merchants built the city of Ledola - "The City on Stilts" - twenty miles from shore.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
hi thread just a heads up I will be gone pretty almost the entirety of this weekend because I have all day plans tomorrow and I will be spending my Sunday studying for an exam that is more important than this game I hope you all understand!

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."

Birdstrike posted:

Gwyn what do you think about the catapult claim?

I think it sounds hilarious. If it is true, it is more of a town power in the vein of being a vigilante.
That said, the way this game works, it would be equally double edged for scum.

Say its a scum power and you can use it to definitely launch and kill a member of the town your skulking in.
For all you know, the person they hit will be the other teams town, which if your this towns scum, would be your own team.

Overall though, a power where your conspicuously killing someone is generally town.

For that reason, it would be a good thing to claim.

I have one other thought and it's a little out there but level with me, strike.

Does the arguement between tmm and babeliker remind you of anything?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

hi thread just a heads up I will be gone pretty almost the entirety of this weekend because I have all day plans tomorrow and I will be spending my Sunday studying for an exam that is more important than this game I hope you all understand!

Good luck on your SATs!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Can you even study for SATs?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Gwynplaine posted:

I think it sounds hilarious. If it is true, it is more of a town power in the vein of being a vigilante.
That said, the way this game works, it would be equally double edged for scum.

Say its a scum power and you can use it to definitely launch and kill a member of the town your skulking in.
For all you know, the person they hit will be the other teams town, which if your this towns scum, would be your own team.

Overall though, a power where your conspicuously killing someone is generally town.

For that reason, it would be a good thing to claim.
Good points, and it is easily testable despite my reservations ##unvote

quote:

I have one other thought and it's a little out there but level with me, strike.

Does the arguement between tmm and babeliker remind you of anything?

Probably not what you're thinking but Babeliker dropping a content less vote after TMM said he wouldn't engage with those reminds me of something Beet or your bro would do.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Also! I promise to put in effort to at least be around for deadline Monday. I know it sucks that I won't get a ton of interactions in but my exam is Tuesday so after that I will be free to post a fuckton again!

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken

Kashuno posted:

yes

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

If you're a garbage student then yes :smuggo:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

TMMadman posted:

Because I'm curious why you included me in a list?

Because of your approach.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

TMMadman posted:

I'm a little curious about why diqnol included me in his catapult thoughts. He named me, Podima and Birdstrike as three people he is thinking about launching. Podima is who he is currently voting and Bird is one of the people who voted him last night (and he has said he thinks one of the votes on him is scum), but I'm not sure why I got included in the mix.However, I don't really know if I fully believe his claim, so I just let it go at the time. Also think it's curious that he left bowmore off his catapult list when he had earlier said that bowmore had the worst vote. While one of the votes on diqnol may be scum, I think it's more likely a scum bussing/distancing himself from diqnol.[/b]

I want everyone to read this paragraph and tell me if the conclusions he draws are logically consistent or not

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Kashuno posted:

Not really when Ecco specifically said in the giant OP that scum would want to be in battle to kill lots of townies. That's multiple possible nightkills instead of the one they get outside of battle.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm also gonna ##unvote for now.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Addressing Viva's question, that was something I had actually thought of as well when 100yrs volunteered to be launched. I don't see the reasoning behind it, because knowing your town and volunteering to be killed in the hopes of maybe hitting someone worth hitting in the other thread only really hamstrings us.

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!
Gonna just work my way through the thread in a chronological order.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

##vote doktor per You could just post better? Forgoing your pointless joke vote?

This was a garbage post and it shouldn't just be passed over in the crowded field of posts we've had since the game started.

Thank you. That's a fair point. Last evening before crashing I really didn't like that people were joining up on BabeLiker for sleights I did not sense. Would have put in the effort to ##unvote had I feared any real danger to them.

Who I must admit has become cooler than me ITT. :(

Now for reference, my read on the Podima vote was non-serious, but BabeLiker was clearly being hypocritical. I found it funny in a rude sort of way.

I still don't have a strong enough read of anyone to want to really go all in on serious vote. (I'll be refraining from using my vote till I mean it from now on.)

Podima posted:

Doktor Per has contributed one joke vote and no actual content while trying to explicitly stay out of battle: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3759143&userid=111306

At this point I agree most with 100Yrs' vote on Doktor Per. ##vote Doktor Per Would also swap back to f_v for similar no-content reasons.

You have already been admonished for reading comprehension, I'll spare you the repeat.

I feel there's more responsibility on Scum players (closely knit society that can gently caress one another over.) so it was the side I mentally prepared for joining. (Also hoping for scum insight as I most likely would be town)

I reached the conclusion that Scum would always want to be in battle, in the rear guard. That way they can potentially attack any team member and minimum accidental friendly fire. So I assume many scum would claim "ranged characters" to just obliterate the front line, or cripple their ranged capabilities with a knife to the neck. Now Scum are about 5-7 players and only three spots in each row.

So filling a team with scum seems unlikely (though awesome), and thus we should assume that it's best to avoid putting scum altogether in battle, unless you can fill your own team with scum completely. Which is a highly unlikely scenario.

Although this could work in towns' advantage if the FRONT LINES are filled 100% with Scum, making them incapable of killing the ranged Townies.

~~~~~~~~

That stuff about battle did not help scum hunt, I admit. I want to believe that the town catapult is real, and I feel as if I've only seen about 12-14 names in the thread. Counting Team Mascot Venom Soag.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ok, there's 12 pages of posts to get through so my catchup is going to be a bit slow and sporadic but I'll be all good by this evening, pinky swear

Ixtlilton posted:

f_v you seem unnecessarily aggressive about two posts. Are you scum this game?

You do know what TM and Kash are like, right? I completely get where FV was coming from here. Why do you think being aggressive about it is inherently scummy?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Ixt and I were you and TMM, Kash. Except now we are bff's.

I thought I was your BFF :negative:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

King Burgundy posted:

Naw.

##vote Cpig

How serious was this vote? Cause Cpig gonna Cpig and I don't think that's a valid reason to vote him in itself.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Podima posted:

Doing a reread and this jumped out at me:

This seems like a really powerful ability and I have no idea why you would just straight up claim that, turning a fight into 7 on 6 sounds like a big deal

True or not it seems overpowered for scum to have. So maybe that's why?

TMMadman posted:

To me, it was plainly obvious what you were trying to do, so why should I bother to engage with it?

He says and then follows up with :words:

Shine on Madman, shine on! :allears:

BabeLiker90 posted:

I want everyone to read this paragraph and tell me if the conclusions he draws are logically consistent or not

Madman's mind it may very well be. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt D1 if only because he is such an easy target to harp on and I know that I can have incredibly particular train of thoughts all to myself at times that no one else gets. It's not that unusual.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

VivaNova posted:

Real question: 100 years, would you also volunteer to be the D1 lynch?

No I wouldn't. Like I said there's a definite gain to the catapult in that we hit one of their guys making it a worthwhile sacrifice. I thought I explained this?

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Like I said, I'm essentially vanilla, discounting my battle role, and unless we know who the scum is for sure I feel it's a bit of a crapshoot, and rather than risk shooting someone of actual importance better to go with a null choice in my opinion. It's especially due to the nature of the vig, it's not just killing someone in our game but rather an assault on there's, so that's the trade-off I see for it. If he was just weeding out only our thread then I think the circumstances are different since we need our town to stay alive, but here it's a 1:1 tradeoff so better send vanilla than risking a power role that we can still make use of.

The other option I use here is a vig but you could apply it just as easily to an execution.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Doktor Per posted:

Gonna just work my way through the thread in a chronological order.

Thank you. That's a fair point. Last evening before crashing I really didn't like that people were joining up on BabeLiker for sleights I did not sense. Would have put in the effort to ##unvote had I feared any real danger to them.

Who I must admit has become cooler than me ITT. :(

Now for reference, my read on the Podima vote was non-serious, but BabeLiker was clearly being hypocritical. I found it funny in a rude sort of way.

I still don't have a strong enough read of anyone to want to really go all in on serious vote. (I'll be refraining from using my vote till I mean it from now on.)

You have already been admonished for reading comprehension, I'll spare you the repeat.

I feel there's more responsibility on Scum players (closely knit society that can gently caress one another over.) so it was the side I mentally prepared for joining. (Also hoping for scum insight as I most likely would be town)

I reached the conclusion that Scum would always want to be in battle, in the rear guard. That way they can potentially attack any team member and minimum accidental friendly fire. So I assume many scum would claim "ranged characters" to just obliterate the front line, or cripple their ranged capabilities with a knife to the neck. Now Scum are about 5-7 players and only three spots in each row.

So filling a team with scum seems unlikely (though awesome), and thus we should assume that it's best to avoid putting scum altogether in battle, unless you can fill your own team with scum completely. Which is a highly unlikely scenario.

Although this could work in towns' advantage if the FRONT LINES are filled 100% with Scum, making them incapable of killing the ranged Townies.

~~~~~~~~

That stuff about battle did not help scum hunt, I admit. I want to believe that the town catapult is real, and I feel as if I've only seen about 12-14 names in the thread. Counting Team Mascot Venom Soag.

I don't immediately like this but I don't have the time to revisit it right now. I've got work. I may check in tonight briefly but otherwise you'll have to wait for Sunday night. Good weekend to all.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

bowmore posted:

nah because your probably scum and you are too hard to read because you post scummy all the time
howdy

And here I thought your vote on Kash was a joke vote. I really don't like this, the game had only just started here and bowmore's already making alignment calls based on essentially no content.

bowmore, please point to the posts that gave you that read (unless someone's called you on this already and I will get to it in my catchup in which case ignore :sun:)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

bowmore posted:

nah I just prefer games that you are not in so i'm trying to fix the problem

bowmore posted:

bit early to have that read isn't it? this is a suss post

I also don't like bowmore throwing shade on someone for defending Kash. It's too soon for someone to have a town read on Kash but it's fine for bowmore to have a "probably scum" read on Kash?

However, at this point I'm not sure this is bowmore being scum, I think it might just be bowmore wanting to push that lynch due to a personal issue and not doing a very good job of it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Hi Exakt, how are you? :3:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

bowmore posted:

I didn't mean it, I was just wondering what kind of response I would get

I...

Just...

What?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ridonkulous posted:

Can I vote because someone else voted because of personal feelings and nothing else?

Why does someone voting out of personal feelings make them scum?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TMMadman posted:

So what do you think of the reactions?

TM makes a really good point. Reaction tests are worthless if you don't analyse the results which bowmore hasn't done yet. I'm not going to put down a vote until I'm all caught up but if I was going to vote now, it would be on bowmore.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rascyc posted:

I've been doing great, just moved south and in with my girlfriend. It's been ages since I played mafia so I don't recognize half the faces here, I was hoping to end up with some familiar faces so I'm happy I got Rarity/f_v/you in this game.

D'awww :3: I've been wondering where you disappeared to, good to see ya :respek:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ridonkulous posted:

Why did you call out f_v?
Tradition?

Lie all you want. That is a bad reason

Hi, do you understand fun?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010