Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
Star Citizen, more like Shart Shitizen. :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

"It's allegedly sourced from a discussion with a cig member of staff"

So if the discussion exists i'd be interested in seeing it?

"Allegedly"

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I'd bet an allegedly from Bootcha is worth more than a definitely from a lot of people.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Daztek posted:

"Allegedly"

Yeah that's why I said if the discussion exists, no big deal.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Lowtax posted:

Once again, can we stick to making fun of the game and its community, instead of petty and borderline weird stuff like going through her photos and asking why she wore the same shirt twice?

Borderline?

I wonder if Sandi has ever eaten at Doobz.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Gonna hit 2000 pages by July

Should skip page 1488 or else the "Goons = Nazis" angle will be sort of close.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

G0RF posted:

It would be weird and petty, Sir Lowtax, save for the fact that the person in question has earned a reputation for falsifying her workaholism through social media.

Finding proof to corrobate the claims of that Escapist expose is an ongoing project of the thread. While I'm not sure the photos above suggest too much, the recently unearthed Sandi Gardiner acting reel certainly was. It, too, would've been petty and weird, except that it featured the VP of Marketing using company resources (including personnel) to pad out her acting reel, a claim she forcefully denied.

Anyway-- that's my $0.02

Yes, but the tone is important. There is a small line between "Rational investigation and research" and "inquiry about a person hygiene". As an actress and public persona i think we are free to mock and question her choices but lets not go into stalking territory.

Let D_Smart PI do that for us.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

trucutru posted:

I wonder if Sandi has ever eaten at Doobz.

:stare:

I... Dunno if you want to bring Doobz into the SC thread. We might reach critical failure.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
for the peeps who don't want to listen to the whole Open House thing, here's the juicy bits:

Smart going full blast on Sandi.

And the WULGE

there's probably some others but these stood out to me.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Now that is what I call a bona fide meltdown :allears:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Liu posted:

she was the boston bomber?!

I think there's an old rumour about photos being manipulated and posted to facebook to give the impression someone is in one place working hard on the game while they are really in another country, or working on a private job somewhere.

Also they filmed a bunch of different interviews in the Austin office months ago and they been making their way onto Around the Verse ever since, now they don't say "filmed this week in our busy Austin office", but that's the obvious impression that's going to form.

This is all just a different way of counting the money they've spent on furniture I think, it's not likely to prove anything, it's just interesting to see the amount of thought that might go into image presentation rather than the game (assuming they are intentionally trying to mislead).

Edit, actually Gorf said this better.

G0RF posted:

Finding proof to corrobate the claims of that Escapist expose is an ongoing project of the thread. While I'm not sure the photos above suggest too much, the recently unearthed Sandi Gardiner acting reel certainly was. It, too, would've been petty and weird, except that it featured the VP of Marketing using company resources (including personnel) to pad out her acting reel, a claim she forcefully denied.

Anyway-- that's my $0.02

AP fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jan 9, 2016

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Unfunny Poster posted:

Should skip page 1488 or else the "Goons = Nazis" angle will be sort of close.

It already is...

Just spend a few hours in the WW2 D&D or Milhist stuff.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Wuxi posted:

perhaps Karl can clear things up oh wait

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

:captainpop:

Hah, I didn't know he did it twice, that was certainly something.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMma36ot-cw

quote:

This is an early example of the commander creation tools in Elite Dangerous and should not be taken as final.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

A Neurotic Jew posted:

for the peeps who don't want to listen to the whole Open House thing, here's the juicy bits:

Smart going full blast on Sandi.

And the WULGE

there's probably some others but these stood out to me.

thank you

and

god drat derek lol

edit: :eyepop: let me loving finish! :eyepop:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Xaerael posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMma36ot-cw

quote:

This is an early example of the commander creation tools in Elite Dangerous and should not be taken as final.

What?! Are they suggesting that, just because they're trying something out and talking about it, it shouldn't be considered a done deal? What madness is this?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
am i misremembering something or did karl aka matilda or whatever the gently caress have a long reddit history talking about his extremely bad mental issues including being in love with an aspect of his own personality to which he attributes female qualities. i wish i was making this up but i swear something along those lines was a thing.basically i'm all up for tormenting the dude but i'm at least partially sure he is extremely unwell in the brain

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Marching Powder posted:

am i misremembering something or did karl aka matilda or whatever the gently caress have a long reddit history talking about his extremely bad mental issues including being in love with an aspect of his own personality to which he attributes female qualities. i wish i was making this up but i swear something along those lines was a thing.basically i'm all up for tormenting the dude but i'm at least partially sure he is extremely unwell in the brain

I'll go ahead and Chris Roberts this and say YES regardless of reality

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Tippis posted:

What?! Are they suggesting that, just because they're trying something out and talking about it, it shouldn't be considered a done deal? What madness is this?

Avatar creation is a done deal in elite. It's been promised for this season (and will probably be in the game around march or so, going by past release timelines) what they mean there is "You'll be able to have hair but we haven't figured out how we want to do it yet"

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Thankfully i'm too poor to afford ED and too poor to own a good computer to run it, otherwise i'd have bought it ages ago.
That 54 second video looks better than anything that's ever been shown on Shark clitizen.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Bushiz posted:

Avatar creation is a done deal in elite. It's been promised for this season (and will probably be in the game around march or so, going by past release timelines) what they mean there is "You'll be able to have hair but we haven't figured out how we want to do it yet"

Can't wait for Star Citizen to have procedural hair growth, with physics.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Did croberts actually confirm the big game hunting thing? I bet the actual developers there hate 10ftc

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Bushiz posted:

Avatar creation is a done deal in elite. It's been promised for this season, what they mean there is "You'll be able to have hair but we haven't figured out how we want to do it yet"

That's even worse! Saying that it's not done yet when they're already experimenting with implementation. It's as if these guys don't understand game development at all: it's done when you first promise it! What's this whole figuring things out nonsense?!

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

edit: :eyepop: let me loving finish! :eyepop:

I straight-up lost my poo poo at that point. just, oh my god

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.

Mendrian posted:

"New York style" is, in reality, just a wide variety of styles at variable prices.

"Seattle style pizza" is the worst. Seriously how can a major city know so little about pizza?

loving oath.

The worst part about Seattle pizza is the people's insistence that it's both "New York style" and "good". It is neither. It's weird, puffy dough with bad sauce and sun-dried tomato basil pesto tofu on top. It is abomination.

When my friends try to take me to yet another pizza place, claiming that it's New York style, the other east coast native and I just sadly go along. It's easier than trying to explain why they're so wrong. What else are we supposed to do when a table full of people are eating sunchoke and sprout pizza with goat cheese and smoked salmon? Yes... of course it's good. Thank you for bringing us here. Yes, it's just like New York. Oh, I'm just... you know. Not that hungry.

Seattle pizza is horrible. I love New York pizza and Chicago pizza and Italian pizza and Detroit pizza. Seattle pizza is bad food.

Thursday Next fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jan 9, 2016

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Star citizen : LET ME loving FINISH!

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.
drat Derek that was a pretty good Tony Montana impression

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Wuxi posted:

Whoa. Everything matilda posts just adds to the mountain of circumstantial evidence that it's Sandi. Trying (and failing) to speak in German is very much something she would do.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Thankfully i'm too poor to afford ED and too poor to own a good computer to run it, otherwise i'd have bought it ages ago.
That 54 second video looks better than anything that's ever been shown on Shark clitizen.

Elite is both very well optimized and also has very low poly counts that should be inherent to any spacegame. Running a HD 6850 at 1920x1200 with all settings at ultra never go under 60fps. You should probably buy it the next time it goes on sale.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Samizdata posted:

Despite your sterling choice of pomades, do you prefer "Toxic" or "TS" from now on?

(Toxic FTW. Old school C&C grognard here.)

Toxic because that will literally be my profession when I am done with school

Calling it right now that avatar tools for Shart Shitizen will be announced as coming out within 2 weeks

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

:pgabz:

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

:captainpop:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

revmoo posted:

Whoa. Everything matilda posts just adds to the mountain of circumstantial evidence that it's Sandi. Trying (and failing) to speak in German is very much something she would do.

The german was okish, first time I heard anyone say "I'll squash you like a bug" in geman though.

:pgabz::pgabz::pgabz:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Wuxi posted:

His German is... Odd

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Bushiz posted:

Elite is both very well optimized and also has very low poly counts that should be inherent to any spacegame. Running a HD 6850 at 1920x1200 with all settings at ultra never go under 60fps. You should probably buy it the next time it goes on sale.

I played the Elite demo when it was out for free on my five year old laptop. The fact that it actually worked, when my laptop has trouble sometimes running dark souls and rocket league is incredible.

Needless to say, my desktop I built a few years ago can't run star citizen whatsoever.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

I can't believe how excited I am about Star Citizen!

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Ramadu posted:

I can't believe how excited I am about Star Citizen!

Post your fleet, we'll add you to the spreadsheet.

See you in the 'verse!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crash74
May 11, 2009

:allears:

• Locked thread