Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted
It's called emphasising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Dogstoyevsky posted:

It's called emphasising.
Empathizing doesn't seem to be one of Sandi's fortes.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

PSA: The doxxing of matilda2013 aka Karl is apparently underway. I got notification from someone saying they're doing it because they have a strong suspicion that it's Sandi behind an alt

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

D_Smart posted:

PSA: The doxxing of matilda2013 aka Karl is apparently underway. I got notification from someone saying they're doing it because they have a strong suspicion that it's Sandi behind an alt

whats the emote where the little open mouth consumes the whole face?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

A WILD WULGE APPEARS
Wulge uses fly.

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

D_Smart posted:

When Sandi said she did the work of 3 6 10 people, I should have guessed that she was referring to the number of alts she was on.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

D_Smart posted:

I certainly hope that if they discover that Sandi is not behind the account they don't just dox some random SC supporter anyway - no matter how infuriating this person may be hopefully we can avoid taking video games that seriously.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

D_Smart posted:

I regret that part. I was just so upset thinking about how these people have treated the very people who make their lives that much better, that once the thought flow started, I didn't want my train of thought interrupted.

I don't think you were out of line, I didn't want to hear those other fuckers and their stupid poo poo anyway

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Who doxxes the doxmen

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
derek I may have a project (2 weeks) that I'm developing and I have to ask if you were a marvel super hero who would you be and why

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
I am the one who doxx

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

derek I may have a project (2 weeks) that I'm developing and I have to ask if you were a marvel super hero who would you be and why

Maggot, the coolest X-Men

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Khanstant posted:

whats the emote where the little open mouth consumes the whole face?

aaaaa :aaaaa:

Chalks posted:

I certainly hope that if they discover that Sandi is not behind the account they don't just dox some random SC supporter anyway - no matter how infuriating this person may be hopefully we can avoid taking video games that seriously.

Hopefully… but then again, have you seen this thread? And the previous one? And the one before that? And…

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

D_Smart posted:

:captainpop: :captainpop: :captainpop:

If one of the top people at a 105 million dollar crowdfunded project is pretending to be a german auditor on Reddit to shitpost about critics of the game then this thread cannot be real. I will wake up.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

SelenicMartian posted:

Wulge uses fly.

lol

The Pi dude
Oct 19, 2013
Buglord

SelenicMartian posted:

Wulge uses fly.

It's not very effective.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Tippis posted:

Hopefully… but then again, have you seen this thread? And the previous one? And the one before that? And…

Still clinging to the hope that there are some things that make this site better than reddit, and that not doxing random people that irritate you is one of those things.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

TTerrible posted:

If one of the top people at a 105 million dollar crowdfunded project is pretending to be a german auditor on Reddit to shitpost about critics of the game then this thread cannot be real. I will wake up.

Rule #1: There's always more; it's always worse.

But yes, the Amy's Baking Company:ness of this whole thing would just go through the roof if that were the case.

Chalks posted:

Still clinging to the hope that there are some things that make this site better than reddit, and that not doxing random people that irritate you is one of those things.

Yeah…
I'm clinging to the tiny detail that he didn't say he got his notification on SA, specifically. So there's still that.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Everybody who talks to Matilda should just refer to her as Sandi from now on. It makes the replies a lot funnier.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

It's just slightly off. Like I would expect my english reads like :shrug:
Don't think there's any story behind Matilda besides the insanity we can all see in the posting. Doubt Sandy speaks german that well anyway.

No Matilda, our mocking isn't working. Its not like you spew forth hate-fueled rant after rant.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Chalks posted:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Chalks posted:

Agreed. But legality of it, if I am not 100% convinced that it's her, I won't share whatever they send me - if they do in fact go through with it. To be clear, I'm just curious. Given the analysis people here have run and which seem to indicate that it's her.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

A Neurotic Jew posted:

for the peeps who don't want to listen to the whole Open House thing, here's the juicy bits:

Smart going full blast on Sandi.

And the WULGE

there's probably some others but these stood out to me.

Saving for later

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

I would want to be Black Panther who doesn't have any real super powers but it awesome regardless.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I guess we live in the world where Ms Honey never came into the picture and Matilda just spent years in the chokey.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

TTerrible posted:

You have no idea who much I'm hoping it turns out to be her. The hilarity should be good for another 500 pages here. Minimum.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

D_Smart posted:

:perfect:

I know Karl is Matilda, for sure. The german auditor stuff really gives it away. I want to believe that Sandi is matilda. That'll honestly be the biggest dream come true since two weeks.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Chalks posted:

Agreed. But that's not the motivation. The motivation is that all things seem to point to it being an exec at a $105M crowd-funded company. I would definitely like to know - without a doubt - if it's her or not.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

D_Smart posted:

I would want to be Black Panther who doesn't have any real super powers but it awesome regardless.

He's gonna be in the next Captain America movie

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

I know we talked about this about five hundred pages ago. Is there a chance Matilda is Ortwin? I sure haven't read any other sources for numbers of refunds.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
damnit, I lost my bookmark on my tablet. How has that link to Matilda2013 telling someone (Dolvak?) to go to Ortwin for legal assistance?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

I know we talked about this about five hundred pages ago. Is there a chance Matilda is Ortwin? I sure haven't read any other sources for numbers of refunds.

D_Smart posted:

damnit, I lost my bookmark on my tablet. How has that link to Matilda2013 telling someone (Dolvak?) to go to Ortwin for legal assistance?

G0RF posted:

This older one really is conspicuous. Matilda volunteers to Dolvak that Ortwin will help with his legal needs if it comes to that? Rather presumptuous for a strange woman from Germany...

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

We're thinking it's Sandi. Ortwin is a dumb-rear end who just happens to be a media attorney. No way in hell he would engage in using alts to attack dissenters. This has all the makings of it being Sandi.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Derek, have you ever seen that number anywhere?

Whoever that is just hosed up.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Wuxi posted:

It's just slightly off. Like I would expect my english reads like :shrug:

:eng101: "as I expect my english reads " would probably be the best way to say that if you care about pedantic English poo poo, and also aren't intentionally doing that to drive home your point.

Also, :tinfoil:

E: Eonwe I like when you post directly after me because I feel like it makes more people read my posts, thanks.

surc fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jan 9, 2016

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:yikes:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
DEREK UEBER ALLES

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

It's hard for me to believe that Sandi is Matilda. The theory is really based on thin evidence (same name in an IMDB listing etc) but the thing that really clinches it for me is that Matilda writes in English as if it is his/her second language. That's a hard thing to fake, especially over a long period of time, and Sandi just isn't that good of an actress.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

I'm assuming you're archiving that post history too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Maybe Sandi read about guerrilla marketing and since she's the best saleswoman ever, has been utilizing it? Even if it's not her, it could be some of those CS people she's been training for month--- Oh god I'm convincing myself to buy into this theory like a citizen into their dream :(

• Locked thread