Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Avenging_Mikon posted:

You can increase drop rates in bloodborne. There's a rune and a stat to boost it. You can also get unlimited levels to increase stats with.

This doesn't change the fundamental problem at all.

Overall I've never felt the need to grind for anything in bloodborne but dark souls 2 was a different, more obnoxious story because a lot of outfits only dropped in fourths from certain enemies, making the RNG the only way to get them for some reason.

Before scholar of the first sin (and in one case even after it) there were outfits that would only drop in fourths from a single enemy that would only appear on NG+ and would not respawn once killed :thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

The moleman assassin armor only dropped from add-ons during a boss fight on New Game + so whenever someone killed me looking like a pokemon I knew they must have really loved running into that boss, killing the adds, and quitting the game so it dumped you outside over and over again to look that way. Then scholar of the first sin came out and they're just walking around or clinging to walls. Lucky guys.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Before scholar of the first sin (and in one case even after it) there were outfits that would only drop in fourths from a single enemy that would only appear on NG+ and would not respawn once killed :thumbsup:

Sheesh, I never knew this. What costumes are gated like that?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Ramos posted:

Sheesh, I never knew this. What costumes are gated like that?

That thing I said, I think. They only show up during a boss fight in NG+ or greater, and if you kill the boss they don't come back until the next time you either increase the difficulty by forcing the zone to go to NG++ or actually going to NG++, either way it'll be even harder to get. You have to run in, dodge under the boss's four goddamn huge weapons constantly trying to squish you flat, and somehow kill the assassins that drop down and jump around like weird angry bugs, and, AND, you have to stop and take a half second animation of picking up an item without said boss or other bug man hitting you and knocking you outta the pick up animation, probably killing you, making it all for nothing.

I wanted to look like a weird mole but I didn't want to farm like that.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Gestalt Intellect posted:

This doesn't change the fundamental problem at all.
Except it literally does because the comment was talking about low drop rates and people were talking about games increasing drop rates?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Except it literally does because the comment was talking about low drop rates and people were talking about games increasing drop rates?

To somewhere in the realm of 70-80% you dingus, not anything still less than 50%.

You could guaranteed pins in TWEWY from encounters if you dropped your level low enough

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Avenging_Mikon posted:

I'm wearing all 3 drop rate increasing runes. My problem isn't that they aren't dropping anything. It is that even when they drop 99% of the time the thing that drops is worthless. I'm farming all week hoping the thing that drops every time is usable.

Only 1/12 of these drops do I even whip out my jeweler's loupe to inspect and 2/3rds of these have to go in the trash. I mean mathematically of all the types that exist these are the odds I get the one I want, my observed statistics were obscenely worse than this.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Rebel Galaxy is a fun game with a lot of flaws but I think the biggest flaw for me is the lack of Hanger Bays and/or the ability to carry and launch fighters/bombers/drones.

This is especially egregious when some of the largest ships you can get are the size of space stations; what the hell are they storing in them if not hanger bays and maintenance stations for spacecraft?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Krinkle posted:

I'm wearing all 3 drop rate increasing runes. My problem isn't that they aren't dropping anything. It is that even when they drop 99% of the time the thing that drops is worthless. I'm farming all week hoping the thing that drops every time is usable.

Only 1/12 of these drops do I even whip out my jeweler's loupe to inspect and 2/3rds of these have to go in the trash. I mean mathematically of all the types that exist these are the odds I get the one I want, my observed statistics were obscenely worse than this.

Which is why there shouldn't be random drops at all. Provoked drops are way more fun (kill with a sneak attack, kill by dropping off the stage, kill without taking a single hit, kill two in a single attack).

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Invisible Inc is extremely good but Daemons are just kind of poo poo.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Avenging_Mikon posted:

This isn't the problem they were having with bloodborne, which wasn't that drop rates were low but that every time they got a gem it had an extremely small chance to be the right version of that gem, which there is no way to get around. Even if you could somehow slant that drop to more likely be the thing you wanted, the problem would still be there: what you're getting is controlled by RNG and you can't do anything to get the item you want deterministically.

So many games do RNG drops very badly. I don't have a problem with the concept of random drops from enemies but anytime you have something unique and desirable that is only available from an RNG drop you're headed for trouble.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Related, but I saw a tweet last week where someone stole the fairy flute from the giant in final fantasy 9 first try and was flipping out about it.

I didn't recognize the monster, I didn't recognize the name of the item, but him flipping out about it and the boxy graphics and I'm like oh it's that part in FF9 where i robbed a giant for hours and never got the whistle, whatever the gently caress it ended up doing.

I felt kinship with a complete stranger over a game I haven't played in 16 years. Somebody did it. Somebody got the flute. Good job.

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop
My one complaint with Bloodborne is that there doesn't seem to be a ton of variety in the equipment. I've defeated four bosses so far but only gotten one new right-hand weapon. Magic seems to be completely removed in favor of guns (which again are very same-y). The armor all seems to have pretty much the same amount of physical defense (with a difference of maybe 10 points total between different sets) so I guess it's just all about deciding what elements you want better resistance too; and there's no weight system like in the other Souls games, so as someone who's used to using very heavy equipment in those it adds to the same-y feeling of the equipment in Bloodborne.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

GIANT OUIJA BOARD posted:

My one complaint with Bloodborne is that there doesn't seem to be a ton of variety in the equipment. I've defeated four bosses so far but only gotten one new right-hand weapon. Magic seems to be completely removed in favor of guns (which again are very same-y). The armor all seems to have pretty much the same amount of physical defense (with a difference of maybe 10 points total between different sets) so I guess it's just all about deciding what elements you want better resistance too; and there's no weight system like in the other Souls games, so as someone who's used to using very heavy equipment in those it adds to the same-y feeling of the equipment in Bloodborne.

There's lots of weapons, you just don't find them in the world. Every time you get a badge, go see if you can buy a new weapon.
The DLC, however, has weapons lying around all over the place.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

GIANT OUIJA BOARD posted:

Magic can get pretty good in the later game. It's just slow starting.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I don't know if this really counts, but Renowned Explorers is a clever, fun, and engaging game... and it's just complex enough (combined with my newness to it) that I suffer indecision from the moment I start. Because I don't yet have a working knowledge of the game from which to plan from (and its a new enough game that I can't go online and find some stuff out there), I can't really plan that well, leading to choice paralysis.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 08:46 on Jan 10, 2016

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

So I've been enjoying the hell out of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and really like how sophisticated and actually adult in a real sense the story is...but that makes it even more jarring in the occasional moments where it goes from adult to "adult" and suddenly puts boobies in your face. Also they actually made Geralt a relatable character this time but I'd still like a Witcher 4 that lets me roll my own witcher, preferably with some other choices of combat styles, like arming sword and targe or something.

Also is the "insane prologue fight" in The Witcher 2 involving La Valette soldiers or something? Because I found that whole part quite easy while the first dungeon fight against the two or three guards was one of the hardest fights in the game because you were in a bad position with no gear. With the La Valette goons, you had decent gear so you could just carve them up like Christmas turkey as long as you don't get surrounded...and the game shouldn't have to give you a popup saying "if you get surrounded you're probably going to die". You should be able to figure that one out yourself. For me the hardest part of The Witcher 2 is figuring out what the gently caress is going on in its incredibly byzantine plot.

I definitely appreciate 3 making potions usable on the fly though. It's one thing to have to prepare ahead of time for one of 3's monster mystery side quests where you have a pretty good clue what's waiting for you at the end by the time you get there, but The Witcher 2 wants you to prepare for incidental encounters that you can't predict the first time around.

Witcher 3 pro tip: Ekimmara decoction is the best potion in the game.

Sleeveless posted:

The story and dialogue in Dust are awful, which makes the sheer amount of it that fills the game much worse. Especially considering that the whole thing was made by one guy so spending all that time and money lovingly animating the big-eyed marshmallow characters and hiring voice actors was no small effort.

If you absolutely have to do that then at least have enough self-awareness to be like Freedom Planet and have an option to just excise all the overwrought furry fanfiction plot from the game

I had the misfortune of having met this guy around 13 years ago (and he was still making this game) so the fact that a creepy, gross furry who makes a living on being a creepy, gross furry would put creepy, gross furry poo poo in his video game is...not surprising in the least. I've actually made a point to avoid playing it.

Action Tortoise posted:

Supposedly but you need to run a perfect route to save her.

I'm fighting Kyogre and I can whittle him to a single sliver of red but he still rips through like 7 ultra balls. I used my only net ball on a loving relicanth

Do the R/S remakes have timer and dusk balls? Those things are lifesavers. Even still it's Kyogre so if you're not using a Master Ball you're gonna be there for a while. I think in SoulSilver Ho-oh actually ran entirely out of PP and was one turn away from suicide before I caught him.

Phlegmish posted:

That's just the Witcher II in general, that game has a really bizarre difficulty curve. The most challenging non-boss fight in the entire game for me was in the goddamn prologue where you have to fight five dudes and you have almost no abilities. I died dozens and dozens of times in Chapter I, whereas in the later two chapters I rarely died and was able to beat the final two boss fights just by button mashing.

That said, still preferable to Bethesda-style level scaling since at least you get that sense of progression.

Maybe it's from always using mods but the "inverted difficulty curve" effect was really bad for Skyrim. My favorite Skyrim level progression memory was walking into a bandit hideout at level 4 and instantly getting one-shotted by the "level scaled" bandit chief...on Novice. I actually really like the way The Witcher 3 handles it because it displays a monster's level so if you walk into an area that is too dangerous for you, you just see the skull hovering above the enemy's life bar and GTFO.

MisterBibs posted:

If I remember correctly, both Old World Blues (with it steering you towards energy and melee weapons) and Dead Money (with its survival horror and no weapons you already had) game from Avellone bitching that players were having too much fun with gun-based ranged builds, so they were expressly designed to make players comfortable with those upset.
What, players overwhelmingly gravitate towards the weapon type that is massively cooler, better, and more fun than all the others? Say it ain't so! If you can headshot Deathclaws with brush guns, why would you pick up an energy weapon that looks stupid, sounds pathetic, and uses ammo that is harder to get? But then wasn't Avellone also the guy who has this ridiculous hatred of the NCR and wants to nuke the Falloutverse again so no nasty old nation-states defile his Mad Max fantasy?

Action Tortoise posted:

witchers are what happen when you try to create a mary sue build in a pnp game.

Witchers are RPG characters thrust into a world where most people are not RPG PCs. If you weren't playing as a witcher and got hit by a monster, you wouldn't regenerate the health with Swallow or even just shrug it off, you'd just die, game over.

Woolie Wool has a new favorite as of 21:15 on Jan 10, 2016

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

I picked up Final Fantasy: Majora's Mask (lightning returns) recently and while I'm actually really digging it and having a lot of fun with it, there's just some stuff about it that keeps bugging me, like health not restoring between battles and the existence of the dash-stamina bar. I know there's an easy mode that changes the former, I just want regular battle difficulty but not have to keep loving with potions or restaurants between battles.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Bonus Witcher 2/3 complaint: "Roche" is pronounced like "Roash", not "Roach"! :argh:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Woolie Wool posted:

But then wasn't Avellone also the guy who has this ridiculous hatred of the NCR and wants to nuke the Falloutverse again so no nasty old nation-states defile his Mad Max fantasy?

I want to say that his issue with the NCR was that it (and the rest of the setting in general) was quickly becoming post-post-apocalyptic instead of post-apocalyptic. Of course, that was their own drat fault and have nobody else to blame for it.

Knowing that they understand the setting better than the creators, Bethesda solved that issue by setting their games in settings that either got super-hosed (or just significantly hosed) by the war and would still be ruined ~200 years after the war.

(Random trivia: Avellone wrote Kreia (a lady whose role in the game is Whine About The Force) in KOTOR2. I think the dude just develops some hate for the tenets of what he works on. :iiam:

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Jia posted:

I picked up Final Fantasy: Majora's Mask (lightning returns) recently and while I'm actually really digging it and having a lot of fun with it, there's just some stuff about it that keeps bugging me, like health not restoring between battles and the existence of the dash-stamina bar. I know there's an easy mode that changes the former, I just want regular battle difficulty but not have to keep loving with potions or restaurants between battles.

I don't know, I personally adore the game for reasons like that. Everything in the game is designed so that you can route out and optimize your entire path and strategy throughout it. Managing battles and learning how to do each one in the area perfectly and even watching your stamina bar is meant to keep your mind thinking as you plot out where to go next.

Granted, you aren't on too much of a time limit, I managed to knock out all of the main quests and like thirty five sidequests by the end of day four thanks to Chronostasis abuse my first time through.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

MisterBibs posted:

I want to say that his issue with the NCR was that it (and the rest of the setting in general) was quickly becoming post-post-apocalyptic instead of post-apocalyptic. Of course, that was their own drat fault and have nobody else to blame for it.

Knowing that they understand the setting better than the creators, Bethesda solved that issue by setting their games in settings that either got super-hosed (or just significantly hosed) by the war and would still be ruined ~200 years after the war.

(Random trivia: Avellone wrote Kreia (a lady whose role in the game is Whine About The Force) in KOTOR2. I think the dude just develops some hate for the tenets of what he works on. :iiam:

I actually liked that element of the Falloutverse though, and it fits in nicely with all the Wild West tropes they mine. They should seriously take the NCR and things like that and run with them, creating a finale to the western US part of the Falloutverse that's inspired by the closure of the "Old West" in the 1880s and 1890s. Since Fallout characters have to have dopey pretentious titles, this one can be called the Last Wastelander. :clint:

Also, would anyone else have liked Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine much more if it played like Doom and not Gears of War? I thought spess marines were supposed to be super fast and agile but in this game they're sluggish fatasses. Also the mod that replaces the Ultrasmurfs single player skins with Deathwatch is pretty much mandatory.

Woolie Wool has a new favorite as of 22:07 on Jan 10, 2016

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Yeah, New Vegas' setting is interesting to me in part because the world is beginning to move on, and that introduces new tensions and ideas to explore than just "shoot the psychos who steal everything." Besides, post-apocalypse is easy to find nowadays, post-post-apocalypse is somewhat rare.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

MisterBibs posted:

StandardVC10 posted:

Yeah, New Vegas' setting is interesting to me in part because the world is beginning to move on, and that introduces new tensions and ideas to explore than just "shoot the psychos who steal everything." Besides, post-apocalypse is easy to find nowadays, post-post-apocalypse is somewhat rare.

Vegas area was not as hosed as the rest of the US for reasons very clearly explained in-game so expecting it to be as hosed as the rest of the Fallout-verse is stupid. It's supposed to be more post-post rebuilt (unlike DC area 3 or Commonwealth 4) because it didn't fall nearly as far.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

New Vegas' setting is nice because there's very few Westerns in video games, and Red Dead Redemption isn't for PC.

Edit: Oh wait, this is the complaining thread. Uhh, NV's first act is overly railroaded for repeat playthroughs. I really enjoy the long slow loop around the map introducing everybody, but it's kinda of a bitch when you wanna do a DLC early, get a certain weapon or just go out of order.

Byzantine has a new favorite as of 23:41 on Jan 10, 2016

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Woolie Wool posted:

Also, would anyone else have liked Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine much more if it played like Doom and not Gears of War? I thought spess marines were supposed to be super fast and agile but in this game they're sluggish fatasses. Also the mod that replaces the Ultrasmurfs single player skins with Deathwatch is pretty much mandatory.

I think the main problem was that once you got to the Chaos Space Marine enemies you actually had to start playing it like a cover shooter.

Woolie Wool posted:

I definitely appreciate 3 making potions usable on the fly though. It's one thing to have to prepare ahead of time for one of 3's monster mystery side quests where you have a pretty good clue what's waiting for you at the end by the time you get there, but The Witcher 2 wants you to prepare for incidental encounters that you can't predict the first time around.

The funniest part about potions not being usable on the fly in 2 was that they ran down during dialogue and cutscenes. So if you had a boss coming up not only did you have to know it was coming, you had to mash through the cutscenes and dialogue if you wanted to your potions to be active during the fight.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

The Moon Monster posted:

The funniest part about potions not being usable on the fly in 2 was that they ran down during dialogue and cutscenes. So if you had a boss coming up not only did you have to know it was coming, you had to mash through the cutscenes and dialogue if you wanted to your potions to be active during the fight.

THIS. THIS IS THE THING DRAGGING DOWN THE WITCHER SERIES. Even Bethesda gets this poo poo right, CD Projekt. Come on.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I have another one for Fallout 4. I've had some complaints but I swear overall I enjoy it! I got to the part where you meet Kellogg and he tells you about the whole Institute having your son stuff. Nick was my companion and we both killed him and talked about him and everything and he said we should go see Piper. Now at this point in the game I already have Piper as a companion and we have traveled around extensively. I even have her stop me and talk a few times that I guess companions do as you get more likes from them. When we see her its back at her paper which isn't where I left her or where the rest of my companions are, which is forgiveable. But the weird part is that Nick acts like he wasn't there, being surprised about things that Kellogg had told me in the room and that we had actually talked about after the fight. Also Piper acts like she had never met Nick or me basically. It was just really weird

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Another minor Witcher bitcher: the witcher school gear is cool and all but it kind of sucks all the suspense and fun out of climbing the RPG loot ladder, as none of the random loot will be better than your current Griffin or Cat gear until just before the next upgrade, if at all.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I love Saints Row 4. But why does the downtown area have a non-stop car alarm going? It's really annoying when 1/3 of the map had an incessant WOOO WEEEE WOOO WEEEE WOOO WEEE loop.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Woolie Wool posted:

Also is the "insane prologue fight" in The Witcher 2 involving La Valette soldiers or something? Because I found that whole part quite easy while the first dungeon fight against the two or three guards was one of the hardest fights in the game because you were in a bad position with no gear. With the La Valette goons, you had decent gear so you could just carve them up like Christmas turkey as long as you don't get surrounded...and the game shouldn't have to give you a popup saying "if you get surrounded you're probably going to die". You should be able to figure that one out yourself. For me the hardest part of The Witcher 2 is figuring out what the gently caress is going on in its incredibly byzantine plot.

dunno about everyone else, but the toughest fight i had early on was with letho. it was the only time i had to drink some potions and spam bombs to scrape by. i learned on the second playthrough that aard removes his shield and stunlocks him enough to get some free hits. as for the plot: everyone's trying to take control of the pontar valley and letho plays them all for chumps while getting paid by emhyr. emhyr gets a territory that's softened up by all the political unrest.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

I know the setting wants me to hate the Nilfgaardians because they're supposed to be fantasy :hitler: but they're the only ones who seem to remotely have their poo poo together and when they do take over in 3 it's just the usual feudalism only the new lords wear black armor and speak in funny accents. Also the Nilfgaardian DLC armor is really loving cool and it's a shame it's pretty much useless.

And it's not like Redania would be any better, having degenerated into fantasy ISIS. The Nilfgaardians are merciful by comparison, you actually have to gently caress with them to get killed and they'll hang you instead of torturing you for six days before burning you alive.

Woolie Wool has a new favorite as of 02:15 on Jan 11, 2016

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
i don't think they're supposed to be straight up fantasy nazis, just an imperialistic force like the legion in fallout who force order in an area. their methods may be abhorrent, but they get results. also that's probably the point of the setting: no matter who's in charge, the peasantry is still doing what it always did.

the games are quite cynical about monarchies, and are in fact quite pessimistic about everyone in general besides geralt.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

Started playing Tales of Symphonia and the one annoying thing, except for constant game overs due to ineptitude and the fact that it's on hard mode, is the fact that you can't force the text to go forward in skits like in normal conversations. They're not even voiced so it makes no sense. Want to read at your own pace? gently caress you, we want you to watch these anime heads flap their mouths.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Woolie Wool posted:

I know the setting wants me to hate the Nilfgaardians because they're supposed to be fantasy :hitler: but they're the only ones who seem to remotely have their poo poo together and when they do take over in 3 it's just the usual feudalism only the new lords wear black armor and speak in funny accents. Also the Nilfgaardian DLC armor is really loving cool and it's a shame it's pretty much useless.

And it's not like Redania would be any better, having degenerated into fantasy ISIS. The Nilfgaardians are merciful by comparison, you actually have to gently caress with them to get killed and they'll hang you instead of torturing you for six days before burning you alive.

Redania under Radovid is the worst of all possible worlds, but Nilfgaard is no bed of roses either. They tend to treat casual execution as the first and best solution to any problem and they're not terribly kind to the peasantry of their conquered lands. And this is a step down from their books, where they were enthusiastic slavers as well.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.
Silent Hill: Downpour has a lot of problems but the main sin is this: It has incredibly annoying enemies, but if you kill too many of them, you get the bad ending. So you have to run around trying to figure out where to go while a dancing knife hobo or several keep interrupting you.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Death Zebra posted:

Started playing Tales of Symphonia and the one annoying thing, except for constant game overs due to ineptitude and the fact that it's on hard mode, is the fact that you can't force the text to go forward in skits like in normal conversations. They're not even voiced so it makes no sense. Want to read at your own pace? gently caress you, we want you to watch these anime heads flap their mouths.

The worst part about Symphonia is how much of a colossal dumbass everyone who isn't Raine or Kratos is on your team. Yeah, they're kids, but holy hell, Lloyd's skull has to be at least several inches thick. My memories might be exaggerating since it's been a few years, but the dialog for that game never really seemed to not drag.

Also, presenting playing Icewind Dale. I'm enjoying the level of team customization in the game and general feel, but the D&D mechanics are rearing their ugly heads. Combat might as well be a really weighted coin flip because sometimes I just have a melee character and enemy swinging away at each other for several seconds and only by the grace of the dice does one of them manage to connect once. Then they resume flailing harmlessly for a while. It tends to make combat very mindless, especially when your early game casters have all of 3 or 4 casts of a very limited number of spells to their name.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Thoughtless posted:

Silent Hill: Downpour has a lot of problems but the main sin is this: It has incredibly annoying enemies, but if you kill too many of them, you get the bad ending. So you have to run around trying to figure out where to go while a dancing knife hobo or several keep interrupting you.

I got it from Gamefly and sent it back the next day because I couldn't figure out how to even fight the enemies. Everything about them just seemed random.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Oxxidation posted:

Redania under Radovid is the worst of all possible worlds, but Nilfgaard is no bed of roses either. They tend to treat casual execution as the first and best solution to any problem and they're not terribly kind to the peasantry of their conquered lands. And this is a step down from their books, where they were enthusiastic slavers as well.

Who is kind to the peasantry in Witcherverse? Does it really matter if you pay taxes to Radovid, Philip Strenger, or the Nilfgaardian army if the consequences for not paying are largely the same? This was true in the real-life medieval era too. Nationalism wasn't really a thing because peasants had no reason to care who ruled over them because the rulers were basically interchangeable assholes. Congratulations, random French peasant, you're a subject of England now! Only the English lords are the same sort of dicks as the French lords and this is 1350 so they all speak French anyway.

However, both the baron and the Nilfgaardians have the advantage to a peasant of not setting you on fire for having a lucky charm.

Woolie Wool has a new favorite as of 16:01 on Jan 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Assassins Creed Syndicate: I can't install it because uPlay is loving dumb and won't let me in the account, nor send me a password reset link. gently caress uPlay.