Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

To Mr. Vargas's credit, I think he got a refund. Most Polaris and associated staff got refunds, IIRC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Unfunny Poster posted:

Lmao their turning on one another.

CHECK FIRE! CHECK FIRE!!

OMG!! That was awesome!

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
I just came up with an awesome stretch goal: for $200 million, your character should be able to eat your own ships.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
remember when he got paid to play PS2

lol

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The best thing about all the YouTubers/Streamers backing the game early, is that a bunch of them (Jesse Cox, Totalbiscuit etc.) have expressed some public frustration at how the game keeps being delayed and isn't actually what they backed.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lowtax posted:

I just came up with an awesome stretch goal: for $200 million, your character should be able to eat your own ships.

this is a ridiculous idea, think about it

they don't even have a digestive system modeled in this game

WHERE DOES THE SHIP GO WHEN YOU EAT IT LOWTAX

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
god drat

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Eonwe posted:

That's how BIRDS are made, friend.

There can be an entire pokemon-style subgame about eating various combinations of rare ships to lay new eggs for prismatic birds, all in ultra high fidelity.

The_Groove
Mar 15, 2003

Supersonic compressible convection in the sun

Eonwe posted:

what a waste of all the in-house talent

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

fuctifino posted:

LOL :pgabz:

:gary:

e: I refreshed, and a mod deleted the thread.

what.the.poo poo?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eonwe posted:

angryjoe is such a fucklord

He's the epitome of "dumb schtick."

The best was his absolute butthurt antics over Geoff Keighley dismissing him at some stupid game awards show when Joe was trying to be a journalist (which he now claims he's not).

Also his bitching on Twitter is also really pedantic, especially when he used some image from GamerGate and it included the logo of some other YouTuber, who then used a DMCA to get the video taken down because the guy didn't want his name associated with GamerGate (because he was smart and just laughed at everyone) and Joe threw a temper tantrum because of it.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jan 11, 2016

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Hey Sandi, why don't you refund pgabz if you don't want him recording videos of him playing your tech demo? He sent you a refund request already, tough guy.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Matlock Birthmark posted:

The private servers feature? Ya, that was a real promise. They'll rightly put it on the back burner until everyone forgets about it, then cancel it I'm sure.

And the same people that had a fit when Elite eliminated the 'play offline' thing will probably be just fine with it being cut (and many other features as long as it isn't that one thing that they care about, like birds).

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Unfunny Poster posted:

The best thing about all the YouTubers/Streamers backing the game early, is that a bunch of them (Jesse Cox, Totalbiscuit etc.) have expressed some public frustration at how the game keeps being delayed and isn't actually what they backed.

Well that's cool then :)
I dunno, I just saw this dudes pics and thought they made a good photoshop opportunity, turns out he is some rear end in a top hat or something?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Eonwe posted:

It becomes space fertiliser for the next crop of ships, duh.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

D_Smart posted:

what.the.poo poo?

still hasn't been any confirmation on this, no one in the thread seems to have gotten it.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Eonwe posted:

Okay well there will obviously be a digestive system module, idiot. That's probably easy to do and somebody already created a plugin for the Crysis / StarEngine. You can probably download one from CNET. Then the only thing you need to do is make a couple changes to the ini file and bam, you're done. You obviously don't know the first thing about game design. Because you are an idiot.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

D_Smart posted:

You rear end in a top hat. You're single-handedly destroying the dream. You DO realize that they're actively looking for your account, right? I wouldn't be typing in chat when making videos if I were you.

ps: You're going God's work.

I hope they 'find' me in game, I'm not hiding, I'll be stood side by side with Beer at launch laughing, but in reality I'll be banned before then I would have thought.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

peter gabriel posted:

I dunno, I just saw this dudes pics and thought they made a good photoshop opportunity, turns out he is some rear end in a top hat or something?

this is angryjoe

basically he isn't really an 'rear end in a top hat' so much as he is just some random person with a youtube channel who gets paid by companies to shill their video games

he basically almost certainly got paid to convince people on his channel to buy star citizen ships

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Unfunny Poster posted:

I discussed with Ben about utilizing and leveraging the YouTube personalities as the middle-ground of SC news content. Top content of course came from CIG, and the low end came from users like you.

Basically we would give these people "Press Accounts" that had everything unlocked so they could explore all the content that was created in the current builds. We'd also try to arrange, on a quarterly basis, for game-playing interviews with some staff as they were available.

That idea or any alternative of it never happened.

Eonwe posted:

he basically almost certainly got paid to convince people on his channel to buy star citizen ships

I can confirm Joe was not paid.

Bootcha fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jan 11, 2016

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lowtax posted:

Okay well there will obviously be a digestive system module, idiot. That's probably easy to do and somebody already created a plugin for the Crysis / StarEngine. You can probably download one from CNET. Then the only thing you need to do is make a couple changes to the ini file and bam, you're done. You obviously don't know the first thing about game design. Because you are an idiot.

god drat it I'm stupid

of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

:tinfoil:

Ahh Yes
Nov 16, 2004
>_>
Why are goons so salty about Angry Joe?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

peter gabriel posted:

I don't watch his poo poo so I don't know if he's in the crew of people who have said the game is bloated.

He got mad about Geoff Keighley being in that bad Halo/Mountain Dew/Doritos promo thing, but will do it himself despite calling himself a journalist. Dude just cries about anything he can find since that's his gimmick which gets old after three minutes.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ahh Yes posted:

Why are goons so salty about Angry Joe?

im so salty about a youtube personality instead of just thinking he is another hilarious part of this hilarious saga

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Eonwe posted:

this is angryjoe

basically he isn't really an 'rear end in a top hat' so much as he is just some random person with a youtube channel who gets paid by companies to shill their video games

Ah righty, yeah I am well aware of these kind of dudes because my son likes a few of them who do Minecrafty stuff.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I feel like some kind of dark alchemist bringing this Joe dude into the fray.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I met angryjoe at SOE live

he seemed really mad the whole time

first because he wasn't the center of attention
then second because I'm pretty sure there was some competition and he got dunked on really hard

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Not only is it a core promise from Kickstarter, but they emphasized the feature after Elite dropped it. Now the community manager just said they won't even think about it until after going live. And nobody is calling them out for it. You even have assholes saying they don't even want private servers.

gently caress this community. They deserve whatever they get.
I remember seeing some carebears talking about private servers as a backup in the event Chris Roberts doesn't give them the hug zone they desire. If there's any outcry, it'll probably be from them.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Eonwe posted:

I met angryjoe at SOE live

he seemed really mad the whole time

first because he wasn't the center of attention
then second because I'm pretty sure there was some competition and he got dunked on really hard

Sounds like a not cool dude and that is not cool, dude

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

I feel like some kind of dark alchemist bringing this Joe dude into the fray.

You'd think that, but Joe's only a passing anecdote in a long line of SC stories.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bootcha posted:

I discussed with Ben about utilizing and leveraging the YouTube personalities as the middle-ground of SC news content. Top content of course came from CIG, and the low end came from users like you.

Basically we would give these people "Press Accounts" that had everything unlocked so they could explore all the content that was created in the current builds. We'd also try to arrange, on a quarterly basis, for game-playing interviews with some staff as they were available.

That idea or any alternative of it never happened.

I can confirm Joe was not paid.

It's not an abnormal thing. I got a press code to the Goon made Enemy Starfighter (which is great and you guys should go check it out) when I was doing press poo poo for a website.

It's also not abnormal to opt not to use YouTubers/Streamers to promote your product since some of them are huge assholes about it.

There was a few people I know who have similar size channels to my own (2-7k subs) and would demand they also get paid for the content rather than just a free key. These aren't big channels, they're nobodies in most terms. Personally I'd rather get the press account, see if I enjoy the game enough and can make content off it than demand a dev studio pay me.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

peter gabriel posted:

Sounds like a not cool dude and that is not cool, dude

thanks, dude!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
my new avatar is very not chill

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Eonwe posted:

I miss the spinning pink elephant.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

A Neurotic Jew posted:

:bravo: good lord these people are thick

If there was any doubt that these assholes would find a way to justify anything, this isn't it.

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jan 12, 2016

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Eonwe posted:

Who is SMcD?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Ravane posted:

Who is SMcD?

Scrooge McDuck — famous avatar-giver extraordinaire. Usually, though, he gives away duck avatars so Eonwe must be very special.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ravane posted:

Who is SMcD?

I think its like an avatar meme where people say SMcD as in Scrooge McDuck

highlighting that they like are spending $10 to buy someone an av

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos