Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Kilonum posted:

Did mention that that C-130 pack includes one on floats in USCG livery?

Also an AWACS version

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

Kilonum posted:

Did mention that that C-130 pack includes one on floats in USCG livery?

Is it amphibious? *reaches for wallet*

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

carrier ops too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar-poc38C84

e; cant forget this either

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etzqmtYcpCQ

cool new Metroid game fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jan 11, 2016

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

:thumbsup:

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Without question the most realistic thing to happen in a flight sim ever.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
And people make fun of me for time accelerating :psyduck:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Was he just putting it on autopilot for a long flight or something?

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

chitoryu12 posted:

Was he just putting it on autopilot for a long flight or something?

Not kidding its how most simulators are serious business tubeliner pilots do transoceanic flights.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

EvilJoven posted:

Not kidding its how most simulators are serious business tubeliner pilots do transoceanic flights.

What about the people who use FS2004 to do the Charles Lindbergh flight with realistic stability in the Spirit of St. Louis?

i am kiss u now
Dec 26, 2005

College Slice
Fun fact: I simmed from LAX to Tokyo Narita yesterday with a 777LR. It was about 11 hours.

Unfun fact: I did it all at 1x time.

You're doing it wrong if you're not at 1x.

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

I get bored after following a road that's too straight for more than 10 minutes and whack on some time acceleration.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

As someone who's spent over a month cumulatively as a passenger on road trips around the country, eventually you get to the point where you sleep for no reason other than to let your brain skip parts of the drive.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

IceLicker posted:

Fun fact: I simmed from LAX to Tokyo Narita yesterday with a 777LR. It was about 11 hours.

You're in the wrong thread if you think that's going to impress anybody.

E: I mean, Kilonum does that every other day

3 Action Economist fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jan 12, 2016

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

hey now, my last flight over 10 hours was in November

Though that's mainly because I have had a lot of poo poo going on in my life the last two months. (I was even homeless for a month!)

E: And that one was barely over 10 hours.

Kilonum fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jan 12, 2016

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

Kilonum posted:

Captain Sim is doing their annual "Everything is €9.99" sale on Tuesday (UTC). Good time to snag some halfway decent tubeliners.

Or a C-130 package :getin:

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up Kilo! Just picked up the L-1011 and the 727.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I run at 0.5x to simulate that both a pilot and co-pilot would be bored in reality.

Lockmart Lawndart
Oct 12, 2005

Goetta posted:

I run at 0.5x to simulate that both a pilot and co-pilot would be bored in reality.

Proper simulation requires vast quantities of alcohol, crushing debt, and a mental disorder that will forever remain undiagnosed.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Also for your dick to smell like the homely flight attendant just got done with it.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
So I have 2 planes at CPX4 (aka CFR5) and intend on getting a few more over the next several months if FS Economy doesn't implode over the winter and I don't get tired of those neckbeards and goatse them. That being said, having another goon run FBO somewhere say on the west coast or Alaska or somewhere in the south pacific would be cool.

Anyone have any ideas and want to get the ball rolling?

SoapyTarantula
Jun 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I've been looking at buying one of the smaller FBOs around PAWS, I've just been waiting to get one of my aircraft up there to use for supply ferrying.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
I'd pitch in to get that going. Buy another Cub or an Otter.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Anyone have recommendations on where to find a Piper PA-18 Super Cub for X-Plane 10? The only thing I am seeing right now is payware made for X-Plane 9 from Shade Tree Micro Aviation and it looks kind of lovely for 25 bucks.

dedian
Sep 2, 2011
I leased my American Champion Scout to the group, and it's sitting in British Columbia (CZST) right now. I think I set the rental rate right, but group admins feel free to change.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

Anyone have recommendations on where to find a Piper PA-18 Super Cub for X-Plane 10? The only thing I am seeing right now is payware made for X-Plane 9 from Shade Tree Micro Aviation and it looks kind of lovely for 25 bucks.

I need one of these:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

IceLicker posted:

I would rather paint my fence.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
Oh poo poo guys we've been found out!

I think it wants to be friends.

Also, I need to see about how to do this in X-Plane but for FSX/P3D I found a way to add a big rear end floating runway which means we could build up any sea plane base into our own raft airport/city like out of that ridiculous cyberpunk novel.

I might shell out for a pro key for ADE to make it a touch easier on me but even without it I think I can do it up a lot nicer than my prototype so it's actually elevated on a pier but as is it's already awesome to fly in to because you fly around the bend and into this awesome fjord and there's just this lit up steel matted runway anchored there.

You also can't land 100% straight in because that'd be too easy and going around in a DC-3 is a touch sketchy.

And I threw in a beached supertanker because landing a super cub on the deck of that thing is fun.

carbonex
Sep 11, 2001

EvilJoven posted:

Oh poo poo guys we've been found out!

I think it wants to be friends.

Just a friendly hi. :)

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
It's OK guys!

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Tater_Salad <-- game name

wants to join Flying for GOON air may make me dust off my B1900 flying skills and play again.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
I'll add you when I get to a desktop.

Also, all my planes have been leased to the group for some time now and I'm thinking i should just set the rental rate to 0 so nobody else moves em (nobody seems to fly around CPX4 anyway) and that'll make em free for all of us.

The catch is this means I'll need folks to pitch in by honor system when my poo poo breaks or when the FBO is about to run out of gear and I need to shell out to resupply.

This will be a bigger thing when its more than just one dirt patch I bought mostly for my own amusement and don't really expect to see a ton of use.

EvilJoven fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jan 14, 2016

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I wasted 3 hours flying a Cessna 172 in Germany trying to deliver a couple of patients through the worst snow storm I've ever flew in. I had never landed at night and overshot the tiny grass runway I was supposed to hit in the dead of night with strong crosswinds. I wrecked the plane like .1 miles away from the runway.

I need to get some payware aircraft for X-Plane since the default ones outside the Baron aren't too hot. I was looking for a Super Cub but came across the (SMS) DeHavilland DHC-2 Beaver https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuspGl17DGU.

How long would it take me to earn enough FSE bux to at least get a loan for that bad boy? I'd buy it if I knew I'd be able to fly it sometime soon.

Hekk fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Jan 14, 2016

dedian
Sep 2, 2011
Is there a way to see the supplies level for CPX4? Not too familiar with how FBO's function but I wouldn't mind moving supplies around if you need it.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

I wasted 3 hours flying a Cessna 172 in Germany trying to deliver a couple of patients through the worst snow storm I've ever flew in. I had never landed at night and overshot the tiny grass runway I was supposed to hit in the dead of night with strong crosswinds. I wrecked the plane like .1 miles away from the runway.

I need to get some payware aircraft for X-Plane since the default ones outside the Baron aren't too hot. I was looking for a Super Cub but came across the (SMS) DeHavilland DHC-2 Beaver https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuspGl17DGU.

How long would it take me to earn enough FSE bux to at least get a loan for that bad boy? I'd buy it if I knew I'd be able to fly it sometime soon.

Don't buy a beaver for the purpose of FSE the old money fuckers are buying them up and relisting them at dumb prices both because they expect to turn a profit on them when the Milviz payware comes out and also to poo poo on attempts by one of the FSE mods to curb price gouging.

dedian posted:

Is there a way to see the supplies level for CPX4? Not too familiar with how FBO's function but I wouldn't mind moving supplies around if you need it.

I don't think you can. No rush there's 74 days left worth if supplies. It needs 40kg/day to keep running if you're in the mood, though.

EvilJoven fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jan 14, 2016

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I have that same payware for XP, it is nice but keep in mind it is an old rear end plane that slowly (and loudly) chugs through the sky. It is great for short VFR bush hops and whatnot and holds a lot of people but doesn't have GPS or many other modern amenities. They are essentially impossible to buy on FSE right now if you care about actually owning one.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

So I cant find the DCS thread but I accidently did a button in the main menu and now my screen looks like:

:smith: I did a complete re-install but nothing works, any ideas?

i am kiss u now
Dec 26, 2005

College Slice

FAT CURES MUSCLES posted:

So I cant find the DCS thread but I accidently did a button in the main menu and now my screen looks like:

:smith: I did a complete re-install but nothing works, any ideas?

Did you try hitting shift+enter to enter windowed mode and back?

Also: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3633891

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
Oh my loving god INTJ Mastermind if that's you on FSE suggesting they take my time acceleration away and they follow through with it I'm gonna fuckin shank you.

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

Flying around in FSE, had to pick up a passenger at a small strip, wasn't paying much attention but I saw the GPS had the airfield near and looked out and saw one a few miles ahead of me, so went in and landed and whacked on the parking break. Went over the the My Flight doodad and saw my plane was at another airport which was loving confusing. Checked the map and it appears that I landed at the wrong strip, the one I wanted is a couple of miles to the south-east. I practically flew right over it without noticing :v:

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

EvilJoven posted:

Oh my loving god INTJ Mastermind if that's you on FSE suggesting they take my time acceleration away and they follow through with it I'm gonna fuckin shank you.

the grognards who run and who have been flying around using this thing for years now are probably very reluctant to change anything unless absolutely necessary so I doubt they'll take away time acceleration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007

Megadyptes posted:

Flying around in FSE, had to pick up a passenger at a small strip, wasn't paying much attention but I saw the GPS had the airfield near and looked out and saw one a few miles ahead of me, so went in and landed and whacked on the parking break. Went over the the My Flight doodad and saw my plane was at another airport which was loving confusing. Checked the map and it appears that I landed at the wrong strip, the one I wanted is a couple of miles to the south-east. I practically flew right over it without noticing :v:

I used to fly Chicago -> Detroit with FSPassengers and picked the airports in FSX by just entering ICAO codes but I kept mashing my tubeliners on landing. Fun fact: KDET is not a synonym for KDTW, and they have really different runway lengths :downs: