Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Matt besser is doing an AMA tomorrow, ask your questions now
https://www.reddit.com/r/Earwolf/comments/40k2a5/i_am_matt_besser_ama/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Is the UCB show going to have any improv? I heard its sketch and stand up, no mention of improv though.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Man. The end of the intro commercial for Spont already has me excited for a great ep. I feel like the live ones have more potential for feeling cohesive and less messy.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

mr.capps posted:

Is the UCB show going to have any improv? I heard its sketch and stand up, no mention of improv though.

I just signed up for Seeso last night, but fell asleep before I could watch, but the way I heard about it in http://splitsider.com/2016/01/the-ucb-show-isnt-for-everyone-but-thats-ok/ , looks like it's mostly honed material.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Terror Sweat posted:

Matt besser is doing an AMA tomorrow, ask your questions now
https://www.reddit.com/r/Earwolf/comments/40k2a5/i_am_matt_besser_ama/

Pretty impressed by his volume of answers here. Nothing super in depth, but he seems to be doing a thorough job. He's answering right now if anyone didn't see this last night.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

feedmyleg posted:

Pretty impressed by his volume of answers here. Nothing super in depth, but he seems to be doing a thorough job. He's answering right now if anyone didn't see this last night.

feverously
Hi Matt! What do you enjoy doing in your free time?
What is your favorite snack food?

i4hMattBesser
eating your momma's pussy your momma's pussy

Classic Besser.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I love Besser not naming names, but giving immense clues that he's talking about like Father John Misty as the rear end in a top hat monologist and the people who haven't come back since the Del Close marathon I4H episodes as the worst guests he's had on the podcast.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Bang Rodgers is on fire on the newest Handbook.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
I'm so happy for Brett and Ad-bot.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Besse AMA posted:

YES. And why hasn't Sean been on I4H in so long?

[–]i4hMattBesser[S] 38 points 1 day ago
I've asked him and Dom a lot but they are usually busy writing on Grinder
Sean is so perfect on i4h (and Dierkes is also a subtle treasure), that'd be so great to have those two back.

Also, huge lol:

quote:

[–]PopWhatMagnitude 31 points 1 day ago
Is it true that CBB was originally called Comedy Besser Besser?

[–]i4hMattBesser[S] 55 points 1 day ago
stop it

ManoliIsFat fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jan 13, 2016

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I really want Adam McKay back on I4H. Besser seems to be the only other guy who uses the audio medium to his advantage and paints the scene as it goes, and Besser's use is pretty clunky.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

But Matt, I really, really, really hate pressing the skip forward 15 seconds button on my iPhone a few times during the weekly 90 minutes of free content you give me. There's no way this redditor doesn't post in this thread. Fess up.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I think he should start doing the other genres he likes. The lyrics thing makes sense but doesn't he usually print them out anyway? Also they could still improv based off of what inspire the song instead of the lyrics which is what happens half of the time anyway.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
"I like having people come in and give me free, private acoustic performances"

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
if i had an improv podcast i would get math the band, the ghost of david bowie, and heavenly

oh and the national

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm just making this up I don't really know but I would guess that musical episodes maybe also get more listeners than the regular ones because of the band tweeting about the podcast (but maybe the people skipping musical episodes balances it out)

Also I saw somewhere in the AMA that he's trying to get video episodes going again this year which is pretty cool

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

But Matt, I really, really, really hate pressing the skip forward 15 seconds button on my iPhone a few times during the weekly 90 minutes of free content you give me.
Me, but unironically.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

mr.capps posted:

I think he should start doing the other genres he likes. The lyrics thing makes sense but doesn't he usually print them out anyway? Also they could still improv based off of what inspire the song instead of the lyrics which is what happens half of the time anyway.
Didn't he have an actual band on one time? Those are way harder to record and make it sound good than a dude with a guitar.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
It was cool when he had Mike Eagle on

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

JethroMcB posted:

"I like having people come in and give me free, private acoustic performances"

Do guests not get paid for their appearances? Or do you just mean free from Besser's point of view?

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
I think it's perfectly reasonable to ask people who dislike the music episodes to endure if it means Matty B will continue to enjoy doing the podcast. Due to it being free and everything.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Get hyped: https://www.instagram.com/p/BAfZcQqjfBh/

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Farts Without Procreation?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Maybe they're finally going to talk about that U2 HBO special?

SpacePig posted:

Do guests not get paid for their appearances? Or do you just mean free from Besser's point of view?

From Besser's point of view, also I assume nobody is getting paid for these things

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

mr.capps posted:

if i had an improv podcast i would get math the band, the ghost of david bowie, and heavenly

Scott should have Mookie Blaiklock on CBB doing The Ghost of David Bowie with the exact same voice and characterization as The Ghost of Michael Jackson.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
If this really is Farts and Pro I'm just going to cry over Harris the entire ep ;_;

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Pardo really needs to put time codes for when the guest comes in on Never Not Funny. I listen to the show when there's a guest I like but I don't really care for the intro part with Pardo, Bellknap, and random guys. 42 God dang minutes in to it Scott Aukerman comes in. I have to skip through 42 minutes for the part of the show most interesting.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Hell I guess the guest dying is no reason to stop riding that horse deep into the ground. I can't wait till till the JASH video ep where scott stands in a graveyard and holds a skull up and says Very... Very good! and the skull says Please, call me Gary!

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Work Friend Keven posted:

Hell I guess the guest dying is no reason to stop riding that horse deep into the ground. I can't wait till till the JASH video ep where scott stands in a graveyard and holds a skull up and says Very... Very good! and the skull says Please, call me Gary!

lol

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I can't tell if you guys are joking but I'm sure it's UTU2TM and not farts and pro

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

piratepilates posted:

Pardo really needs to put time codes for when the guest comes in on Never Not Funny. I listen to the show when there's a guest I like but I don't really care for the intro part with Pardo, Bellknap, and random guys. 42 God dang minutes in to it Scott Aukerman comes in. I have to skip through 42 minutes for the part of the show most interesting.

Thank you. You have saved me 42 minutes.

Matt Bellknap may be the least interesting, bland person on the entire planet. You could replace him with a computer that just fluctuates between repeating what Jimmy just said and saying "I agree, Jimmy" after everything Jimmy says.

I guess that decade-long fans would have a conniption if anything in that show changed, but I wish they'd leave that junk for the Player's Club episodes and let the rest of us just enjoy Jimmy and his guest.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jan 14, 2016

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
The lowest point of NNF, which I like the guest segments for, were when they would play the number guessing game. It was so painful to think of having a great guest and host reduced to just running out the clock like that.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Nnf is 9 hours long and basically drive time radio complete with zoo crew. If you don't like that it's fine but I mean yeah it's a lot of chatting and time wasting, it's not an interview show.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Anyone listened to Earwolf's new kids cast? Going from the description it seems to be kids say the darndest things but with NY improvisers instead of Bill Cosby
http://earwolf.com/episode/kids-ask-chris-gethard-unanswerable-questions/

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
I think it's very odd that anyone would listen to NNF and not enjoy the loving around parts

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
It's a party conversation

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

lol @ Eugene Cordero in the Making a Murderer scene in today's I4H (the whole episode is great)

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Daaaaaaang dude

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Riptor posted:

I think it's very odd that anyone would listen to NNF and not enjoy the loving around parts

I love Jimmy loving around. I just don't enjoy anyone else in the room - none of them add anything to me, it's just Jimmy goofing around and being brilliant and being constantly dragged down by the others. But it's not like the guest segment is an actual interview, it's just the guest loving around with everyone else. That's when the show works for me. There have been occasional episodes that do have a much more straight interview and I'm not as into them.

Also, yeah, I4H was great today. Classic episode with fantastic improvisers, mostly one-word suggestions, and great scenes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
The last episode of NNF I listened to was the Andy Daly ep with the 7/11 saga. I rarely listened before then and I feel like that's a pretty drat good stopping point.