Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Oh are we sharing IoSM jokes now? This got a laugh from me earlier

The person who shared it seemed to do so without a shred of irony, so there's that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

mng posted:

no one would ever make a joke on twitter!

Internet: serious business.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

:britain:

Decrepus posted:

This isn't really fair because that meme has been around for a long time now and to just slap his head on it to defame him is pretty lame.

I didn't slap anyone's face on this, I just saw it in my feed and found it mildly amusing. I'm guessing the guy who posted this may have been copying a meme then, but if he did I've never seen it before.

Manic X has a new favorite as of 00:13 on Jan 13, 2016

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Decrepus posted:

This isn't really fair because that meme has been around for a long time now and to just slap his head on it to defame him is pretty lame.

Welcome to Facebook.

Most of the quotes I see attributed to politicians are blatantly false but that doesn't stop idiots from liking and sharing them by the thousands.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Saucy Slit
Jul 27, 2011
-

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Brooklyn hipsters don't own cars, by definition. They could probably change a unicycle tire though.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

You know I've never really got this connection because changing a tire is stupidly easy but it is apparently something manly.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
I can make a sandwich and change a tire, yet I can't grow a beard. I must be a Tumblr genderfluid thing.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

mng posted:

I can make a sandwich and change a tire, yet I can't grow a beard. I must be a Tumblr genderfluid thing.

Same. Why, just the other day I used a bunch of tools to assemble a thing, yet no hair grew on my face. I think I'm defective and would like a refund.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

rip are brave boys

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Manic X posted:

Is this harsh or good parenting?

Oh neat, I didn't know you could craft brothels in Minecraft now.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Fiend Computer posted:

You know I've never really got this connection because changing a tire is stupidly easy but it is apparently something manly.

I'm sure I could probably work it out, but how much does this even come up? I've been driving for almost 20 years and never had to worry about it.

I can't find it now, but I had a guy on my feed being all smug about millennials. "I bet if you put them in a library they couldn't even use the card catalog!"

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Dr_Amazing posted:

I'm sure I could probably work it out, but how much does this even come up? I've been driving for almost 20 years and never had to worry about it.

I can't find it now, but I had a guy on my feed being all smug about millennials. "I bet if you put them in a library they couldn't even use the card catalog!"

Do they also complain that millennials can't drive a horse carriage? Hell I bet millennials can't even craft a bow out of a yew stick, a piece of flint, and some animal sinew.

This idea that millennials are lazy idiots because they can't use a card catalog is stupid. The reason people use computers now is because it's just plain loving better that way. The computer can even tell you if the book is checked in so you don't waste your time looking for it if it isn't. Hell yes I'll discard the cart catalog and use the computer instead. Thank you, technology!

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Do they also complain that millennials can't drive a horse carriage? Hell I bet millennials can't even craft a bow out of a yew stick, a piece of flint, and some animal sinew.

This idea that millennials are lazy idiots because they can't use a card catalog is stupid. The reason people use computers now is because it's just plain loving better that way. The computer can even tell you if the book is checked in so you don't waste your time looking for it if it isn't. Hell yes I'll discard the cart catalog and use the computer instead. Thank you, technology!

speaking of "MILLENNIALS!!!" a friend just linked me to the most amazing/tryhard article about how terrible this generation is http://www.phillymag.com/news/2016/01/08/boomers-millennials-workforce/#Ip29IWACltoXGkBz.99

the writer is also a TERF

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

The Saddest Rhino posted:

speaking of "MILLENNIALS!!!" a friend just linked me to the most amazing/tryhard article about how terrible this generation is http://www.phillymag.com/news/2016/01/08/boomers-millennials-workforce/#Ip29IWACltoXGkBz.99

Holy poo poo, this is nothing but anecdotes.

She read part of an article about millennials who gave their kids weird names and concluded that we all do.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Dr_Amazing posted:

It's a pretty good skill to know. Like being able throw the spare on if you get a flat just to be able to drive it somewhere is something everyone should probably know just so you don't get stuck somewhere.

The first time I ever had to change a flat was in high school and I was trying to figure out what to do first so I started to loosen the tire. A really nice woman got out of her minivan and let me know to jack the car up before I take off the tire so the car doesn't crush my fingers or whatever. It was really nice of her but looking back I guess I should have let her know that this was a man's job and she should mind her own business.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

It's almost like there was a large economic shift within the last decade that significantly impaired this generation's prospects for car ownership!

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Next you'll tell me if you don't own your own house then you're not a real man either!

SpliffClavin
Jul 31, 2007

oh geez rick
I pay people to change my tires because I'm not a destitute redneck.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Manic X posted:

I didn't slap anyone's face on this, I just saw it in my feed and found it mildly amusing. I'm guessing the guy who posted this may have been copying a meme then, but if he did I've never seen it before.

I didn't mean you personally I understand people are posting memes they find. :)

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
OK I think I got this figured out. The way to be manly is to smell bad, refuse to shave or groom yourself, and spend literally every waking moment either breaking something or someone or fixing something while you eat the worst food you can find and be drunk constantly.

And also be illiterate.

...gently caress. Well, I'm out. So who wants to have a dinner party and drink some wine? I have a kick rear end new bread recipe I've been meaning to try.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Internet dorks who bitch about loosening gender roles for men and the decline of overbearing enforced masculinity have obviously never experienced coming from cultures where your roles in life are pre-determined for you and if you don't fit into them you suffer massively

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

If you have a beard yet can't assemble a suicide vest.

SHAVE.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Thanks for the recc, facebook.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
I'm torn on whether beards + tires is a bad thing or not. On one hand it's good to know the most basic car repair and maintenance. But it's a terrible example because tires rarely need changing anymore and I can guarantee you my Nazi killing grandfather would have loved Fix-a-Flat.

gradenko_2000 posted:

It's almost like there was a large economic shift within the last decade that significantly impaired this generation's prospects for car ownership!

Wait, is that a thing? Are 20 somethings literally unable to afford cars in a country where 96% of poor people own refrigerators? Is that why they love Uber so much?

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

I want that not be what it is, but it won't stop being what it is, not ever. Eeeewwww.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Helllooooooooooooo? What’s that faint voice I hear drifting in from the great beyond? Oh, my! It’s a GenXer! Nary a mention here, though, of this overlooked generation save an offhand attribution to some Xer’s “tart” tweet that, to our boomer author’s delight, slams a millennial.

It’s like I don’t even exist.

You know what? We GenXers are tired of the bickering between the boomers and millennials. Take note millennial, I may not be worthy of discussion in this article or its commentary, but I'm still paying off your college tuition. And boomer? I’m shopping for your nursing home as we speak. So put a lid on it already. Or I'll separate you two.

Detective Buttfuck
Mar 30, 2011

Oh god Im just here for the State of the Union poo poo, not that

Asymmetrikon
Oct 30, 2009

I believe you're a big dork!

I guess at least they aren't bathing in someone else's "water".

:barf::barf::barf:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Piss

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

ohh boomers :allears:

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Preeeetty sure bathing your kids in bodily waste that grows bacteria like crazy at least counts as neglect or endangerment or something. Holy poo poo.

This lady, constantly with the prayers. I forget how I met her but I'm pretty sure she's only on Facebook to talk about her religion.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Geokinesis posted:

rip are brave boys

A lot of the dead soldiers did fire back. That's why they're dead.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

goose fleet posted:

Internet dorks who bitch about loosening gender roles for men and the decline of overbearing enforced masculinity have obviously never experienced coming from cultures where your roles in life are pre-determined for you and if you don't fit into them you suffer massively

They should be forced to live in one of those cultures that make you undergo a horrifying coming of age ritual and only get one chance to pass so they can fail it and be social children dominated by the village elders and ineligible to marry forever.

Scathach posted:

Preeeetty sure bathing your kids in bodily waste that grows bacteria like crazy at least counts as neglect or endangerment or something. Holy poo poo.

This lady, constantly with the prayers. I forget how I met her but I'm pretty sure she's only on Facebook to talk about her religion.

Oh god this lady could be my boss. :stonk:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Scathach posted:

Sounds like you're OPPRESSING her, stop oppressing her just because she's Christian! They have it the hardest of anyone these days! This is proof! Amen!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I had a conversation with my mom and grandmother about some math because someone on television was talking about the Powerball lottery [1.3 Billion at time of posting] and she saw some meme about how if you had 300M you could pay 1M$ to 300M people because 300M$/ 300M people = 1M$ for everyone. It was a hypothetical thing but after we went back and forth on it because it didn't add up to me and my mom was saying that it didn't sound right since people on television were saying everyone would get 4 dollars and that didn't make sense. So, we went back and forth and eventually I managed to figure out 'Wait, no they're right, all of those people would only get a dollar.' so I went to find out how much it'd take to get everyone a million dollars if you divvied it up like that using my google and I found this.

Unwelcome Participant posted:

1,000,000,000,000 / 300,000,000
=[(1)(10^12)]/[(3)(10^8)]
=(1/3)(10^(12-8))
=(1/3)(10^4)
= 10000/3
= 3333 1/3

That is right students, instead of wasting one trillion dollars of 'stimulus' paying racist unions a bunch of benefits, President Obama could have given EACH AND EVERY SINGLE AMERICAN over $3,000.

You think that would have stimulated the economy just a bit better than letting the janitor at GM keep getting paid $40 an hour to sweep the floors and vote democrat while having payed in full healthcare insurance and retirement with a full pension?

This would be weird enough if not for someone responding.

quote:

Racist? Black people can get any union job if they have a hs diploma and are black. They will get the job before a white guy who went to college for one reason. They are black, not qualified more nothing more! If they applied they would pay less taxes then the white guy also, so racist,yes its called black privlege, fair no, double standards always, bullshit i have to say this because whoever wrote this beleives the corrupt gov and 1 percenters That pit us against each other and believe it. Good job on reporting real news u race baiting manipulated whoever who hates because he is told to,dont complain when they make u a soldier!!

http://www.topix.com/forum/afam/TH7IR2TK820Q6DTLS

Even numbers get racists angry! :shepface:

Sorry this post is so boring, I don't know how to make funny posts.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I still don't know wtf topix is outside of every time a link has ever sent me there there's a bunch of racists rants regardless of whatever the page was supposed to be about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

RareAcumen posted:

1,000,000,000,000 / 300,000,000
=[(1)(10^12)]/[(3)(10^8)]
=(1/3)(10^(12-8))
=(1/3)(10^4)
= 10000/3
= 3333 1/3

What the hell. Who does math this way? Why do you need 5 lines to come to the conclusion that 1,000,000,000,000 / 300,000,000 = 10,000 / 3? :psyduck: