Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Bathroom door. Elevator doors.

Why can't CIG do doors?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

A Neurotic Jew posted:

2.1.0f is LIVE! :asoiaf:

welpp

it is mind conditioning

they let the spergs think that they are awesome for delivering almost daily patches wherein I believe that issues fixed in patch b to f are reported in a

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

TTerrible posted:

I'm the centre channel speaker that either points at knees or taint.
The more I look at the speaker setup, the worse it gets. The left and right channel speakers are under the arm rests.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It doesnt even have a buttspanker or a fleshlight mount. epic faeil

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Hey wikkid, you're going to run into trouble at County Court level without sending a pre-action letter. It's the statement of account that's the important bit, moreso than sending it recorded-delivery. If you turn up the trial without sending it the judge may well ask you why not. There's a set protocol for debt claims and not following it risks being ordered to pay CIG's costs. And you can bet your rear end those fucks will rack up insane costs to try and scare you out of it. It's a stock tactic.

On the other hand, you mention they've already indicated they intend to defend and are disputing jurisdiction - presumably you've filed a claim form? Did you use MCOL?

It'll come down to how the judge is feeling whether or not he makes a point of this on the day, but expect CIG's lawyer to bring it up. You might find you get a direction to set out the exact sum claimed and how each figure was calculated.

I'd be intensely curious to see the paperwork after the case is concluded. The above is not legal advice etc etc.

RE: people asking if they can see the court documents, it'll depend on the court. Statements of case are matters of public record in the UK, as are court judgements themselves, and some courts stick them up as PDFs. On the other hand they'll also have wikkid's real name and address on them so he probably doesn't want to hand out links.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.

fuzzknot posted:

"Eee on way or whatever"

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
still only 99 solar system and 70 some-odd flyable ships left to patch in, good things we're in the early days so we can go one door at a time.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Adventure Pigeon posted:

The bit about Warhammer 40k got me thinking. Given the fact that within the Star Citizen alpha you have ships randomly having parts disappear from them or despawn entirely, people get sucked out of their ships to their death in the void, bodies appearing out of nowhere, and everyone living the same hellish, pointless existence over and over again, they could argue that rather than being buggy, the alpha is taking place in an area where the warp leaks into real space. It's the best 40k simulator out there!

I was thinking that a variation of FPS/Space Combat would be set on this huge gigantic space station, with derelict portions like in 40k. The ships in 40k are so huge they have their own ecosystems and where people don't even go and visit them to fix. This station is mysterious and holds billions of people and is barely explored. You could have your intense FPS portions as you are scrounging for ancient relics in the bowels of this massive space station to jury rig your fighter for longer and longer bursts to explore the universe and get even more supplies. Eventually you could take over parts of the space station for your guild or whatever. Make a little town with shops and living quarters and ship. Have block wars ala Judge Dredd.

Bigger and better engine pieces and weapons would require multiple people to lift out of the depths and you could have competing groups of scavengers try to murder you as you are hauling it out along with the mutants and creatures that have developed in the dark. It'd be more RPG-FPS than Space Sim, but I just thought of combining FPS elements with Space Flight elements.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6234103/#Comment_6234103

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6231118/#Comment_6231118

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
If you are an adult and cannot fathom that the term "monkey" is a traditionally racist term then you are truly broken or have not participated in society in any meaningful capacity. It's not even being politically correct! It's just not being a huge horrible racist, but I guess everything is binary on the internet.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

The ladder theory, now with 200% more fidelity.

Now I want a catwalk in the Whale's Cove.

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jan 13, 2016

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

you are from SA? it can't possibly be racist

:lol:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Dapper Dan posted:

I was thinking that a variation of FPS/Space Combat would be set on this huge gigantic space station, with derelict portions like in 40k. The ships in 40k are so huge they have their own ecosystems and where people don't even go and visit them to fix. This station is mysterious and holds billions of people and is barely explored. You could have your intense FPS portions as you are scrounging for ancient relics in the bowels of this massive space station to jury rig your fighter for longer and longer bursts to explore the universe and get even more supplies. Eventually you could take over parts of the space station for your guild or whatever. Make a little town with shops and living quarters and ship. Have block wars ala Judge Dredd.

Bigger and better engine pieces and weapons would require multiple people to lift out of the depths and you could have competing groups of scavengers try to murder you as you are hauling it out along with the mutants and creatures that have developed in the dark. It'd be more RPG-FPS than Space Sim, but I just thought of combining FPS elements with Space Flight elements.

Damnit man this is the star citizen thread, not the "Talk about awesome ideas for a game that I would definitely buy" thread.

And I WOULD buy it!

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Either Rajafa or one of the mods deleted the monkey post.

The Strangest Finch
Nov 23, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

There's plenty of good 40K fiction that uses the epic lore and puts a really good touch on it. Check out the 40K thread in the Book Barn, their stuff is all good.

My favorite setting is Necromunda. One of these days I'll get off my rear end and do a CYOA for that setting, but then I remember how good my last effort went.

EDIT: gently caress man, I remember reading Prosper and thinking about how much loving fun I had writing that. Maybe it's time to revisit.

Didn't you also do a really awesome CYOA about Orks? Like specifically on a space hulk?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eonwe posted:

you are from SA? it can't possibly be racist

:lol:

Yeah the fact they're ardently defending racial slurs because I post on SA is rather comical.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Either Rajafa or one of the mods deleted the monkey post.

That's odd given that the mod I spoke to said it wasn't an offensive post with a racial slur. :iiam:

Not really, they probably deleted it because they'd realize it'd be easy for Derek or anyone to call those guys racists if it stayed.

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.

God drat I cannot catch up to this thread. It just keeps steaming ahead with funny.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

EminusSleepus posted:

not to be judgemental but having 3 guys as your wallpaper screams loving gay to me

I thought "Hands on throttle and stick" was already pretty gay but this guy has a second joystick instead of a throttle so for him it's "Hands on stick and stick"

I think I read in an earlier post that they are of the "Thrustmaster" brand.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
one time I overheard some people talking at dinner about politics and one guy in a completely serious manner that "Michelle Obama looks like she should be swinging from a tree" is that racist or did i think so just because I post on SA help

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

A Neurotic Jew posted:

still only 99 solar system and 70 some-odd flyable ships left to patch in, good things we're in the early days so we can go one door at a time.

I think the funny thing is that they don't even technically have 1 solar system yet. They have one planet and it's moons.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

This is me trying in a small way to contribute to the thread, Feel free to photoshop this or use it anyway you want (if you want) :

http://imgur.com/D2KfuAo

http://imgur.com/rfSPKCP

If this is the wrong way to post images then let me know and i'll just not do it again.

I am decent with photoshop (just enough to be dangerous) I wonder what I can make...

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

i really really hate when gently caress faces always use "political correctness" as a defence for racism. if you're going to be a bigot/racist at the very least come uyp with an interesting argument for your views instead of "political correctness" this poo poo gives me a migraine.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

one time I overheard some people talking at dinner about politics and one guy in a completely serious manner that "Michelle Obama looks like she should be swinging from a tree" is that racist or did i think so just because I post on SA help
If they were just implying she looked like a monkey then that's not racist because it's just a personal opinion on someone's appearance.

If it were strange fruit then that's not racist either because first amendment free speech free speech.

Vote me for reddit mod of the year thx.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

where can i preorder the goty edition

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Agrajag posted:

i really really hate when gently caress faces always use "political correctness" as a defence for racism. if you're going to be a bigot/racist at the very least come uyp with an interesting argument for your views instead of "political correctness" this poo poo gives me a migraine.

So basically you hate reddit.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

TTerrible posted:

Bathroom door. Elevator doors.

Why can't CIG do doors?

Because we are nearing...the end?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSUIQgEVDM4

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

alf_pogs posted:

where can i preorder the goty edition

At your local Babbage's

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Vitamin P posted:

this is me IRL, if you need representation my standard fee is 2 jpegs

My 5 second photoshop job:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Agrajag posted:

When people say this poo poo you can be pretty sure they probably base all of their opinions off of Rush Limbaugh and his type

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

This is my simpit plz don't steal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d6XcnCB5R0

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

ZenMaster posted:

I am decent with photoshop (just enough to be dangerous) I wonder what I can make...

Go crazy with it, it's all good.

also to the thread, any requests? I like doing requests...or trying to do requests and failing and crying to myself in a corner....

Brazilianpeanutwar fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jan 13, 2016

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Parallel to that, I have an active CYOA in the Games Room :v: Beer and Tias also update intermittently.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

wikidd posted:

No, I just emailed them and told them what I was going to do. I said I considered that my emails constituted pre-action protocol, and they responded and didn't disagree. All my purchases were under the old refund TOS.

If you need some funding to have this see its day in court start a Kickstarter for maximum irony. I would legit contribute to keep the lafs flowing

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Go crazy with it, it's all good.

also to the thread, any requests? I like doing requests...or trying to do requests and failing and crying to myself in a corner....

Chris Roberts as the hamburglar

sanctimoniousqfd
Dec 16, 2015

Amarcarts posted:

I think the funny thing is that they don't even technically have 1 solar system yet. They have one planet and it's moons.

And be careful engaging jump drive by accident with no valid target - I got "reaching end of known universe" about two seconds after leaving from whatever the starting station is called (right in front of the gas giant) before dying and respawning... so their "large" playspace isn't even the "one planet and it's moons".

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Nation posted:

Chris Roberts as the hamburglar

Ben Lesnick as Grimace

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

TTerrible posted:

Jesus loving christ I take back everything I said. These people are functionally loving retarded.

What does that even loving mean? - how can you control your spaceman controlling your spaceship? Trespasser hands smashing into the throttle and joystick. No more clicking buttons on UI panels you're going to have to pilot your hand up to them and then shakily extend a finger using eighteen seperate loving keys on your RSI branded keyboard. what is he even promising?

He has no loving idea what he is saying. No wonder its been implemented the way it has. The developers probably read it and thought "yeah, they can't possibly mean that.." :psyboom:
Back to this briefly. Star Citizens really do buy into the idea.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6230686/#Comment_6230686

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Have these clowns never played WoW or what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
Wow, I predicted the court case earlier today.

Ravane posted:

Meanwhile the FTC,
Teamed up with the CAB,

They tryna lock Chris up
They tryna take the game, B.
See that's Derek's Smart's goons.
Get your peace today!

Give me money, I'll tell you your fortune using Tarot Jpegs.

• Locked thread