Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samizdata
May 14, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

Oh Rajafa's RAMPANT AND BLATANT RACISM has been noted at my end my friend and will be brought up in every exchange going forward

Awwwwww, drat. He has aroused the wrath of Pgabz! Wouldn't want to be him!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Samizdata posted:

Awwwwww, drat. He has aroused the wrath of Pgabz! Wouldn't want to be him!

I'm terrible at wrath, it's usually the first step to getting another pal

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

Eonwe posted:

Patch Notes:
We know that there is an elevator that will occasionally break entirely. We have no idea why this happens or why you still be completely stuck in it, but we'll fix it one day and put it in the patch notes. No word on why we put this unresolved issue in the patch notes though.

I wonder if they could start making ships out of the elevator doors since I guess thats the only thing you can't fall out of.

Amarcarts posted:

As I walk through my hangar on deck D of Port Olisar
I take a look at my JPEGs and realize I've gone too far
'Cause I've been griefin' and gankin' so long,
That even Lowtax thinks that my mind is gone
But I ain't never crossed a shitizen that didn't deserve it
I grief 'em as a goon and ruin they immersion
You better watch how I'm runnin' and don't walk
Anything to hear the shitlords whine and squawk
I really hate to crash but I gotta joke
As I croak, I see myself in the laser smoke, fool
I'm the kinda G the little goonies wanna be like
In the 'verse in the night sendin' spergs to their next life

Been spending most our lives, living in a griefer's paradise
Been spending most our lives, living in a griefer's paradise
Keep spending most our lives, living in a griefer's paradise
Keep spending most our lives, living in a griefer's paradise

:golfclap: The goon anthem

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

mrking posted:

I wonder if they could start making ships out of the elevator doors since I guess thats the only thing you can't fall out of.

Cryengine just doesn't have the background tech to make that possible. We're working on modifying the engine with inhouse code that will let us craft entire space stations out of elevator doors, all procedurally done, and all in the ulta high fidelity you've come to expect from Sporce Capistan.

Give us two weeks.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Iglocska posted:

I didn't choose the goon life, the goon life chose me!

And once you try to escape, it pulls you right back in.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

peter gabriel posted:

I'm terrible at wrath, it's usually the first step to getting another pal
Many Bothans died to get you that information :colbert:

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

:pgabz::yarg::gary::pgabz:

I love it

GrimmyD
Jul 31, 2006

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

edit "apocalypse and professor x same panel" is the most disappointing gis

That's him in the wheelchair.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
well, I wasn't looking for the movie poo poo, sorry

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

GrimmyD posted:

That's him in the wheelchair.

This is a bad photshop right cause if not the sfx are pretty Garbo?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

If they show signs of teabagging it may have been at my hand, I am sorry Commando, my heart is heavy

Oh! You teabagged them...too...

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I've always dreamed of playing a game where I could walk to the store.

That's the thing about this game that just baffles me... it sounds like if it actually came out and was everything they expected, it would be boring as hell. When you buy a space shooty mans game, you want to do the shooty mans, not go to the loving store to buy groceries.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
https://books.google.com/books?id=x...elchair&f=false

Um. Kebab juice?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Warcabbit posted:

Ah, yes. When I went to this event thing with this chaos tank made of eight baneblades and a wall. They said bring 450 points of stuff. I brought Broadsides.
The tank melted nicely. They were upset about that as well.

(Broadsides: Walking naval cannons.)

Well, giant rear end rail gun suits, but tomato... For the greater good! (Really an Ork at heart, since they wrote out Squatz.)

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

aleksendr posted:

You forgot something.

I didn't want to SPOIL anything! (Cain really is a slacker at heart. He just keeps getting stuck in situations he has to be heroic to survive.)

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
If we're going to talk about Games Workshop in here too we may as well make this the "Evil corporate entities that openly loathe their toxic communities" mega thread.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

wikidd posted:

About a billion pages ago I mentioned I was taking CIG to small claims court here in the UK to get my refund. I just got notice they are defending the claim(!!); some guy called Ortwin Freyermuth, who is a director of CIG, signed off on the action. An hour of that guy's time must be worth more than the money I gave them.

Lol.

Let us know everything that happens. EVERYTHING!

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.

TTerrible posted:

If we're going to talk about Games Workshop in here too we may as well make this the "Evil corporate entities that openly loathe their toxic communities" mega thread.

I always wonder if their revenues are gonna tank as soon as 3D printing becomes truly mainstream and more advanced.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I've been following along for hundreds of pages but I still don't understand the wheelchair reference - a little help please?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

AlmightyPants posted:

I've been following along for hundreds of pages but I still don't understand the wheelchair reference - a little help please?

derek threatened legal action against a severely retarded child who said mean things to derek

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
that is in no way a condemnation of derek. it's the very reason i continued to follow this loving train wreck.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

The STEMPIRE is real you guys.

https://detroitstem.wordpress.com/

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

SO IS THE STIMPIRE

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

tooterfish posted:

By "a very long time", you mean about 25 years?

Yep, that sounds about right. Ansell getting toppled by the board and the merger between GW and Citadel.

Mr Yeti needs to go look at Amazon. I doubt the current iteration of PU is running on anything seriously meaty, and it's horizontally scaled if anything, with a reliance on a database.

wikidd posted:

$200. Seriously, it's nothing to them. They are claiming it's the wrong jurisdiction. I dunno, I mean, I'm in the UK, they're in the UK. I guess it'll proceed to directions or something. Good thing everything up to actual trial (if they are crazy enough to go that far) is online!

Superb, a jurisdictional test is going to be great. They'll try to claim that the correct court is someplace else. *for small claims court*

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The Warp is another dimension that runs parallel to reality, and by traveling through the warp you can cross space far quicker. There's a downside. The Warp is essentially a sea of pure psychic energy, and it's inhabited by unfathomable beings of incomprehensible malice and cruelty. Simply looking into the warp unprotected would drive you mad, and if the fields that protect each ship as they travel are compromised (even for an instant) then daemons will cross the threshold and wreak havoc among the crew. There are numerous stories of ships being lost to the warp, and often those are eventually returned to reality in the form of space hulks. A space hulk is essentially an amalgamation of ships, the interstellar equivalent of the tides of an ocean bringing together a collection of garbage, and actual dimensions are hard to convey. However then can easily be tens of kilometers long and full of twisting corridors and arrangements that make safe travel impossible. You could easily spend a lifetime trying to cross one, although the typical reason for this is because something horrible will kill you along the way.

One of the major themes of 40K is that progress is dead. A gun made ten thousand years ago will typically be far superior to anything that can be made today, so finding a space hulk is often a massive boon. Entire starships have been resurrected from a space hulk and often they carry archaeotech, lost treasures of the Dark Age of Technology, but they also typically carry numerous foes. The most elite members of the Imperium's most elite fighting force, Terminators of the Adeptus Astartes (Space Marines) are often tasks with purging a space hulk and recovering the treasures within.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMHW_cWoeos

It's not an easy job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGmmXd8r4YQ

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

alf_pogs posted:

SO IS THE STIMPIRE

:vince: space. madness.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

I know it's pedantic, but I keep loling over the fact that the first sentence would read better with a comma in it.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

alf_pogs posted:

SO IS THE STIMPIRE

I'm sorry, where did you find such a candid picture of Christ Roberts and his wife.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

AlmightyPants posted:

Derek got pissed at an incessant troll, found out his real identity, posted a picture of him at a gathering and identified him with the tag "That's him in the wheelchair."

Just remembering that and typing up a simple summary is making me crack up anew.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

G0RF posted:

Derek got pissed at an incessant troll, found out his real identity, posted a picture of him at a gathering and identified him with the tag "That's him in the wheelchair."

Just remembering that and typing up a simple summary is making me crack up anew.

Same.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

I'm sorry everyone I didn't mean to imply that anyone was posting about it, it was more of just a general musing than anything else.

Hey I just want to say you are quick to apologize any time somebody says something you said was wrong in this thread. That is admirable if it actually was wrong and/or bad, but also I don't think people are trying to say your posts are wrong and/or bad. It's more continuing a discussion started by your posts, which makes your posts assets and not something to be apologized for. Have a good night!

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.
Well, this is where it becomes obvious why there's a rats' nest of companies.

"You can't sue that one! That one is nothing to do with Star Citizen: PU, it's Squadron 42!"

"You can't sue that one! That one doesn't do Squadron 42! It's a wholly owned subsidiary that we outsource our motion capture to!"

"You can't sue that one! That one doesn't make procedurally generated planets, it makes the shoes for the orphans!"

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
finally found Sandi's account.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

surc posted:

Hey I just want to say you are quick to apologize any time somebody says something you said was wrong in this thread. That is admirable if it actually was wrong and/or bad, but also I don't think people are trying to say your posts are wrong and/or bad. It's more continuing a discussion started by your posts, which makes your posts assets and not something to be apologized for. Have a good night!

i have serious issues

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
I want a spaceship built entirely out of doors

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Amarcarts posted:

I always wonder if their revenues are gonna tank as soon as 3D printing becomes truly mainstream and more advanced.

Not expensive DMCAing/threatening 3D model sharing sites.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

AlmightyPants posted:

Mkay.

See him?

No, that's HIM. In the wheelchair.

How hard was that?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

finally found Sandi's account.

I think we found something to agree on. None of us here are afraid of a flop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Lowtax posted:

I want a spaceship built entirely out of doors

there isn't enough gigabytes on your computer for that sort of poo poo. keep your expectations reasonable or gently caress off.

• Locked thread