Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Enjoy posted:

Wait why is the Soviet Union illegitimate?

Because Communism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004
I'm gonna say that the Ottoman claim is legitimate and that Bayesid III is the current heir of Rome.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
And the Caliph for that matter!

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Man he better get an heir soon.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Dreylad posted:

There's some Ottomans in Britain, mostly descended from the female line I think. They all look like pasty englishmen by now.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Dreylad posted:

Nah, I think they're set.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_of_succession_to_the_former_Ottoman_throne#Current_line_of_succession

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
If the title was inherited by Charles V then obviously Juan Carlos Felipe VI is the true Roman Emperor.

Edit:

Wait no, this guy has it figured out.

http://theunhivedmind.com/UHM/new-jerusalem-owns-the-order-of-the-garter/

quote:

No one controls the Jesuit Order except its Superior General and his Assistancy at the Curia Generalizia. Emperor Juan Carlos is not an Emperor as was once known he is just a leadership figure head of the New unHoly Roman Empire. The Jesuits command the House of Bourbon, the Jesuits reinstalled the House of Bourbon. Juan Carlos of Spain was born in Rome and trained by the Jesuits. Those who have the power are the masterminds of education and the occult mystery schools which means the Jesuit Order. Those on the inside know all too well about the Jesuit Order’s power over these mystery schools...The World has always been dominated by the Priesthood in conjunction with its Kingships it created and grants along with its merchants using its Vatican Canon Law based UCC/Admiralty Law (Roman Civil law)...

King Juan Carlos never came of power until 1975 which was twelve-years after the assassination of U.S. President John F. Kennedy. Notice he came into power on November (11) the 22nd the same dating that Kennedy was slaughtered years before. This is the symbolism of Judas and also Saturn’s reaping judgment and the light of Lucifer tied to death and chaos. Kennedy was slaughtered by the Vatican power structure in conjunction with its control base as the City of London Corporation commanding the British Government. Kennedy was connected in the end with the non-aligned Nations and many of these detested all sides of the same Roman Empire coin. Kennedy could not be allowed to challenge the banking system of The Worshipful Company of Mercers. The economy is what rules the World for the merchants and their masters the Priesthood. This is the exact same reason Gaddafi was executed in the fashion he was by the French DGSE and with no trial etc being held unlike Saddam Hussein and Hosni Mubarak. Ask yourself why?

Someone mod in the Unholy Roman Empire.

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

And you can go see one of them on stage.

http://www.nazosmanoglu.com/

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Athaboros posted:

And you can go see one of them on stage.

http://www.nazosmanoglu.com/
I vote this guy number 1 funny Roman emperor. It works on votes right?

https://twitter.com/naz_osmanoglu/status/682739791297929216

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Nckdictator posted:

If the title was inherited by Charles V then obviously Juan Carlos Felipe VI is the true Roman Emperor.

Edit:

Wait no, this guy has it figured out.

http://theunhivedmind.com/UHM/new-jerusalem-owns-the-order-of-the-garter/

Someone mod in the Unholy Roman Empire.
I'm Zeus from Age of Mythology.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
And even if the Ozzies all died out imperial law had a contingency plan for that. The dynasty was pretty small due to all the fratricide and it's pretty much a miracle the dynasty never went extinct. Shame though, the Giray Empire wouldn't have had the same ring to it, but it could claim to be the successor to Rome AND Ghengis.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Schizotek posted:

And even if the Ozzies all died out imperial law had a contingency plan for that. The dynasty was pretty small due to all the fratricide and it's pretty much a miracle the dynasty never went extinct. Shame though, the Giray Empire wouldn't have had the same ring to it, but it could claim to be the successor to Rome AND Ghengis.

Which LP had the Roman Horde?

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dibujante posted:

I'm gonna say that the Ottoman claim is legitimate and that Bayesid III is the current heir of Rome.

kinda weird how the current Ottoman claimant was U.S. soldier.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Dibujante posted:

Huh, never married and no kids. It's like Murad IV only instead of going from soldier to insane serial killing sultan he became a librarian.

Nick Esasky
Nov 10, 2009

Schizotek posted:

What WAS the contingincy for that? All Goes To The Strongest Bey? Husband of a random Ottoman Daughter gets it?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Nick Esasky posted:

What WAS the contingincy for that? All Goes To The Strongest Bey? Husband of a random Ottoman Daughter gets it?

The last Sultan would bury his treasure in a fantastical place and the Ottoman nobility (who all have distinct eccentricities and powers) would go on a wacky race to be the first to find it and claim the title of Sultan of Rum.

They called it the Steel Ball Rum.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Look, I just want to know how many people you have to kill before the Chrysanthemum throne inherits Rome.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Randarkman posted:

There's some Ottomans in Britain, mostly descended from the female line I think. They all look like pasty englishmen by now.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
I hate to break up this scintillating discussion but today's World War Wednesday video is below if you've not yet seen it:

http://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive/v/35210959

This week has someone who seems to know what they're doing, a functional AI and a number of adjustments from what we've seen before. Notably, the role of Adolf Hitler has been reprised by a department store mannequin.

Still really looking forward to this game. And Stellaris. Stop blue-balling us please.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

Nick Esasky posted:

No. The Osman family had a pathological hatred of the other Turkish nobility and would rather have seen the Empire burn than let them have even a whiff of power. They went WAY out of their way to keep the feudal nobility more or less powerless. The official contingency plan was to bring in the Crimean Khans as replacements. Mostly as a final gently caress you to the aforementioned Turkish nobility. The actual answer is whoever the Janissary wanted to take power would take power.

Randarkman posted:

The Girays are in the same boat. Some rad artists in the family, though:

Schizotek fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Jan 14, 2016

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Psychotic Weasel posted:

I hate to break up this scintillating discussion but today's World War Wednesday video is below if you've not yet seen it:

This week has someone who seems to know what they're doing, a functional AI and a number of adjustments from what we've seen before. Notably, the role of Adolf Hitler has been reprised by a department store mannequin.

Still really looking forward to this game. And Stellaris. Stop blue-balling us please.

Unfortunately, the war was called off because Poland surrendered. Poland - first to fold.

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

Psychotic Weasel posted:

It really does look quite good. One thing I noted however is that you apparently can just rush down the entirety of the doctrinal paths from the start. Germany was on the verge of researching "modern Blitzkrieg", the last technology on the tree, after Fire-Brigades and the Backhand Blow (which one would assume necessitate the Eastern Front to exist) by 1939. Maybe it should be linked somehow to military XP so you can't just leap ahead (I understand the desire not to firmly link it to dates but this seems sillier).

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

ArchangeI posted:

Unfortunately, the war was called off because Poland surrendered. Poland - first to fold.

Really enjoyed that bit. I had that happen to me in my very first game of HoI2 and got so flustered that I reloaded the autosave.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Ghost of Mussolini posted:

It really does look quite good. One thing I noted however is that you apparently can just rush down the entirety of the doctrinal paths from the start. Germany was on the verge of researching "modern Blitzkrieg", the last technology on the tree, after Fire-Brigades and the Backhand Blow (which one would assume necessitate the Eastern Front to exist) by 1939. Maybe it should be linked somehow to military XP so you can't just leap ahead (I understand the desire not to firmly link it to dates but this seems sillier).

On the other hand he is really behind in other areas. It's 1940 and he is only just now getting Panzer IIIs online.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Mans posted:

kinda weird how the current Ottoman claimant was U.S. soldier.

He probably hoped he'd be installed as dictator and could reclaim his rights!

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Tahirovic posted:

He probably hoped he'd be installed as dictator and could reclaim his rights!
"Mr. President, it seems one of the companies assigned to the landings at Anzio has gone AWOL. Apparently the commander was convinced by one of his subordinates to support his claim on the Ottoman Empire, in return for a governorship."

[This will not be tolerated]
[Give him our support]

Pinback
Jul 22, 2012

I've been having real awful dreams about giant apocalyptic machinery
just mowing us all down...
E: Wrong thread.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

ArchangeI posted:

On the other hand he is really behind in other areas. It's 1940 and he is only just now getting Panzer IIIs online.

It's like that Gihrens Greed challenge where you try to fight the entire One Year War with nothing but the starting tech Type 61 MBTs and Saberfish fights versus every drat robot killing machine that Zeon can throw at you.

Are you a bad enough dude to conquer the world with nothing but PzIIs and really great doctrines?

Epinephrine
Nov 7, 2008

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Notably, the role of Adolf Hitler has been reprised by a department store mannequin.
I think shadow Hitler looks pretty cool.

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

Epinephrine posted:

I think shadow Hitler looks pretty cool.

He's like the evil version of Hitler!

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012

ArchangeI posted:

Yeah the dude that took over for him one week really screwed him over, since he was about to research Panzer IIIs becuase he had just got some national focus that would make the tech really cheap even though he was way ahead. Furthermore the guy who played for him instead started building a shitload of light tanks and added Grosstraktors to the panzer divisions.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

That tractor is so gross.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Lord Tywin posted:

Yeah the dude that took over for him one week really screwed him over, since he was about to research Panzer IIIs becuase he had just got some national focus that would make the tech really cheap even though he was way ahead. Furthermore the guy who played for him instead started building a shitload of light tanks and added Grosstraktors to the panzer divisions.

Authentic nazi arms procurement simulator 2016 :v:

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Alikchi posted:

He's like the evil version of Hitler!

Mirror universe Hitler has a wicked goatee.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
I hope next week's stream has the same portrait but with googly eyes or giant anime eyes glued to his face.

It also sounds like they planned on doing some save scumming or editing the save file to force the confilct with Poland to happen so maybe they'll get other things brought back on track as well.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Will HOI4 accurately model Nazi Germany's insane production problems compared to the mass production of the US and USSR? Some doctrine that makes all their tanks 50% better at fighting but 500% more expensive and time-consuming maybe?

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Just don't research mass assembly technologies.

Done.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Psychotic Weasel posted:

I hope next week's stream has the same portrait but with googly eyes or giant anime eyes glued to his face.

Kawaii~ :swoon:

Crash74
May 11, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

Thus lit up Hitler's eyes when he saw there was a new development diary.