Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
are you ready for this
yes
hell yeah
YEAAAAAAH
hey yo it's ya boy
View Results

• Locked thread
Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Mithranderp posted:

Does the whip need any more votes to activate btw?

I'll do it

but is it instant?

we need to hit twelve people wanting the whip so it doesn't matter right now

we're on like seven

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Mithranderp posted:

Does the whip need any more votes to activate btw?

I'll do it

but is it instant?

Nah the way I'm reading the rules is that people get whipped if they haven't made the post count at the end of the day.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Luigi doesn't look like he's in a very nice mood.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Beetphyxious posted:

Sorry Anidav I missed your original question.

It's not his actual role sorry, well I do think that's fae, because he "accidentally" role claimed.

Good job buddying up on day 1 though. Why are you doing that?

My role is somewhat similar to Birdstrike's claim. This gives me a personal reason to believe it.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Seagull posted:

we need to hit twelve people wanting the whip so it doesn't matter right now

we're on like seven

wait what?

how is the whip not good for town?

sorry if you've already been through this before, but getting rid of lurkers tends to be a good bet for getting scum as well

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
Or by hammer if we go early I guess.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Mithranderp posted:

wait what?

sorry if you've already been through this before, but getting rid of lurkers tends to be a good bet for getting scum as well

infinitum is extremely mad that i caught him out as scum instantly and that one of his scum buddies is going to get whipped

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
The only real risk now is losing bowmore which nobody seems to have objections to. Makes me wonder if he signs up to games and forgets that he's in them

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Luigi doesn't look like he's in a very nice mood.

Nah he's chill.

You're pinging me super hard tho. In my ~towngut~

Seagull posted:

infinitum is extremely mad that i caught him out as scum instantly and that one of his scum buddies is going to get whipped

lol no I'm not because your argument against my case is literally "yeah nah this is a stupid arguement" even after I explicitly outlined that the gambit only works if everyone agrees to the gentlemens agreement side of it.

If I had to put my money where my mouth is atm my top picks for scum would be: birdstrike, bif and seagull.

Realistically I'll probably switch to the lowest poster atm, bowmore, if you're all deadset on bringing the whip in.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Infinitum posted:

How does Beet have more posts than me..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENnAa7rqtBM

it just wouldn't be an auspol mafiaburg without a beetroot topping

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Infinitum posted:

How does Beet have more posts than me..

pfft scrub

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Birdstrike posted:

weak sauce

:ironicat:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Infinitum posted:

Perhaps I argued for it too aggressively, or didn't present the case for it as simplistically or as eloquently as I could.

That's why I only made cases for the 1st and 12th votes.
To bring the vote in requires most of town to vote it in, so looking at the first and last votes are good ways to get information.

ESPECIALLY if you are town and have very limited ways to obtain solid data, and not just speculation regarding posts.

Whipping is a very good idea D2 onwards.

I was merely putting forward a gambit that can only really work D1, if everyone agrees to the rules.

I agree, this is now my 2nd mafia game and even I can see how frustrating lurkers can be.
I was scum in the Jojo thread, and even I was super loving annoyed hiipfire was on my team and barely contributed anything other than 'ey yo it's ya boy'

This could all be from my inexperience, and the fact I'm town this game and have a desire to get as much info out as I can D1 incase I get lynched.

I still put forward that the initial whip vote by Birdstrike is scummy, before a million and one posts happened.
This was followed up by him attacking me and beet, and him actively avoiding answering my direct question :siren: FOUR :siren: times after I answered his.

If you want to bring the whip in D1 that's fine, I'm arguing against it.
I think town would regret it.

Just keep an eye on the 12th vote either way.

like seriously.

it's dumb.

stop it

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tirade posted:

To me both the name and the mechanic sounds like something toml / sk would have come up with.

you can't say this for certain until there's a flip

quote:

I'm not gonna be too upset if we lynch him since it's not much more effective than a vanilla town, but I'd prefer to put some pressure on other people first.

cools

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Zetsubou-san posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENnAa7rqtBM

it just wouldn't be an auspol mafiaburg without a beetroot topping

Wow page 18 double quote at the same time.

Beetphyxious posted:

like seriously.

it's dumb.

stop it

Page 19?

##vote beetphyxious

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Zetsubou-san posted:

Beetphyxious is the other, you can tell it's not regular Beet because there is no mod star.

curses

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism
wait who claimed to not know i was gaspy because that soudms like bullshit

still cant get a read on bif v annoyign

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Infinitum posted:

Page 19?

##vote beetphyxious

wat

you are making no sense right now

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Seagull posted:

fun fact: because of how much infinitum has pushed this it doesn't actually matter whether he's town or scum - it's utterly useless to look at the whip finaliser because we have all this baggage attached to it now

i still dont think he's scum, i think he's just dumb about it

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anidav posted:

My role is somewhat similar to Birdstrike's claim. This gives me a personal reason to believe it.

hahahaha

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anidav posted:

hey birdy, you send anidav in to defend you?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mithranderp posted:

wait what?

it is good for town.

town who don't post are bad

scum are more likely to lurk.

whip it good

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Infinitum posted:

Page 19?

##vote beetphyxious

it's called 'catching up'

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Beetphyxious posted:

it is good for town.

town who don't post are bad

scum are more likely to lurk.

whip it good

##whip it real good

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Beetphyxious posted:

Lurking town are bad town. Whip is about efficiency.

mass-killing town is also bad for town

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

did I do it right :ohdear:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Venom Soag posted:

wait who claimed to not know i was gaspy because that soudms like bullshit

still cant get a read on bif v annoyign

Man, I wish I knew what I was doing, I didn't even need a spreadsheet!

B_t was the one not sure about your identity. Would still vote for her or Infinitum.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism
post more mith

would you have egg or beetroot on a pizza

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

*scumdoc central*

scum 1 : 'hey guys, we need a distraction'
scum 2 : 'yeah.. something to throw the heat off [RETRACTED]
scum 1 : ' but who?'
scum 3 : 'how bout the new guy?'

*all scum look over to scum 4 who is sitting in a corner spinning round and round on an office chair kicking his legs and squealing with laughter*

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Or maybe Zets. He's kind of in the same box as Anidav right now with his hand-wringing.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Mithranderp posted:

did I do it right :ohdear:

did you remember to vote anidav day 1?

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

##vote birdstrike

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

D1 serious posting, best posting.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Venom Soag posted:

post more mith

would you have egg or beetroot on a pizza

beetroot is objectively better than egg on this hypothetical pizza, but both are poo poo

that being said I've had yoghurt on a pizza and that was a+

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Mithranderp posted:

beetroot is objectively better than egg on this hypothetical pizza, but both are poo poo

that being said I've had yoghurt on a pizza and that was a+

What about the apple of pine

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
Whoever has the 'post nice' PR should probably use it on Beet or me next time. I can't be the only one who thinks either of those would be funny, right.

Anyways, off to work soon so gonna do my coin because gently caress this day is confusing.

Might be able to post a little before work and possibly during if I'm careful.

Egg and beetroot are both acceptable. Esp. On goat and buffalo pizza with garlic and red onion.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

SKY COQ posted:

What about the apple of pine

I will admit that I used to love hawaiian pizza, but now I'm ambivalent. It's okay but there are many better options out there.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Pineapple is wasted on pizza. It should stay cold and fresh.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

yay, caught up on thread

trip report: 7/10 - started of intriguing but the second act dragged on too long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
Heads.

##vote infinitum

If it's wrong then tomorrow is an open and shut case, so there's that.

• Locked thread