Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

hey chris who did the motion capture for the sex scenes

also did you need a dedicated mocap studio for them to conform with decency legislation

I'm afraid that all sex scenes are played out in real time, and involve mashing your crouch button over the prone body of your victim partner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Xaerael posted:

I'm afraid that all sex scenes are played out in real time, and involve mashing your crouch button over the prone body of your victim partner.

It'll also involve an unskippable animation. Fortunately, since Chris is directing these with a focus on realism, it'll be the shortest animation in the game.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Hey Karl, someone who paid in the UK for a game in 2012, with an expected delivery date of November 2014 (that still isn't out yet), isn't going to have much trouble getting his money back in court in 2016. That's even without the advantage of the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2014 or the Consumer Rights Act 2015, sorry to break this to you. That's why CIG will settle, though I hope they don't.

Also 2.1 is downloading for me fine, have you tried buying an entirely new computer?

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Xaerael posted:

You think the uncontrollable headbob is bad while you're walking around, just you wait till the mocapped sex scenes take control away from your head movements!

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
When this blows over and the dream becomes a nightmare, will the nightmare become reality?

The Star Citizens better be ready, the end draws near.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Chalks posted:

You think the uncontrollable headbob is bad while you're walking around, just you wait till the mocapped sex scenes take control away from your head movements!

That's more uncontrollable headthrust.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

AP posted:

Also 2.1 is downloading for me fine, have you tried buying an entirely new computer?

No one's told him yet but Karl is one of the game issues they've managed to patch out.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

That's more uncontrollable headthrust.

Consequently, it won't really be a problem until and unless someone new to the game encounters it. From their interaction with CIG, citizens will already be far too familiar with both the movement itself and the feeling of not being in control over it to even notice anything.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Will there be realistic blinking mechanics like in those crappypasta games?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Berious posted:

Thing that gets me is how Chris will say any old poo poo to milk a few jpegs even if it's completely incongruous with his current game design. Like only days ago he says they're going to refocus on VR (because oculus is in the news). How's that going to work with his to hours of cut scenes never mind all of the lovely view stealing animations when you're playing? Cultists lap that poo poo up though, none of them are saying "hang on a sec" or even wondering why at this late stage they're making sweeping changes still.

They'll just post how they've always liked procedural generations and buy more jpegs.
I wrote an effort post about this so I won't belabor it (much). But watching the Best drat Space Sim Ever sit out the commercial birth of VR while all those "wannabe" Space Sims like Elite, Eve:Valkyrie and No Man's Sky give players truly "immersive" space experiences is going to be really rich. Chris will have only himself to blame for this unforced error-- so of course he will blame other people.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

HookedOnChthonics posted:

Why does a space fighter need variable geometry wings :psyduck:

cause crobertz saw top gun one day and said he wanted a space tomcat in his game

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

G0RF posted:

I wrote an effort post about this so I won't belabor it (much). But watching the Best drat Space Sim Ever sit out the commercial birth of VR while all those "wannabe" Space Sims like Elite, Eve:Valkyrie and No Man's Sky give players truly "immersive" space experiences is going to be really rich. Chris will have only himself to blame for this unforced error-- so of course he will blame other people.

I remember that effort post clearly, and it stands out as one of my favorite posts in this thread. It was one I read out loud to my wife, who is also enjoying watching this train wreck from a safe distance. Here's a late show of appreciation: :golfclap:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

SelenicMartian posted:

Will there be realistic blinking mechanics like in those crappypasta games?

:chanpop:

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Berious posted:

Thing that gets me is how Chris will say any old poo poo to milk a few jpegs even if it's completely incongruous with his current game design. Like only days ago he says they're going to refocus on VR (because oculus is in the news). How's that going to work with his to hours of cut scenes never mind all of the lovely view stealing animations when you're playing? Cultists lap that poo poo up though, none of them are saying "hang on a sec" or even wondering why at this late stage they're making sweeping changes still.

They'll just post how they've always liked procedural generations and buy more jpegs.

looking forward to all the "cutscenes make me puke" topics on reddit

(and not cause they're bad).

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

G0RF posted:

drat VR stuff releasing during a year in which I can't afford it. :argh:

I really need to convince one of my friends to buy one of these things so I can check it out.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

celewign posted:

My wife chewed me out for spending $10 on "that stupid website"

to be fair she did the right thing.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Mocap sex scenes.

You are all now thinking of Chris in a skin tight black spandex suit with a ping pong ball on his dick.

And do you think they have to redo scenes when he gets half a chubby and the mocap data for his dick is out of synch with the last scene?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Thronde posted:

Warhammer40k chat, I wish Relic would make a new DoW with the squad/rpg/loot mechanics of DoW2, but elements of the base building stuff from 1. Was a fun and good game. Plus playing a dreadnought was :black101: as gently caress.

For those of you who don't kow: Dreadnoughts are space marines who have fallen in combat and had their body/brain interred in a giant walking tank so that they can continue to fight for the Emperor. Even after death.

Please click on these things:

http://gin22.deviantart.com/art/Dreadnought-Soundboard-205123160

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

JFC that's not even a good fish! What the gently caress are all those fins supposed to be doing? If loving space fish is all you're going to make, at least make them look like they might not immediately die horrible deaths. God drat.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

spacetoaster posted:

For those of you who don't kow: Dreadnoughts are space marines who have fallen in combat and had their body/brain interred in a giant walking tank so that they can continue to fight for the Emperor. Even after death.

Please click on these things:

http://gin22.deviantart.com/art/Dreadnought-Soundboard-205123160

It's hard to make fun of the fourth stimpire when there are 50k posts about warhammer in this thread.

This isn't aimed at you specifically.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Beet Wagon posted:

JFC that's not even a good fish! What the gently caress are all those fins supposed to be doing? If loving space fish is all you're going to make, at least make them look like they might not immediately die horrible deaths. God drat.

Space fish = regular earth fish + eyes + fins

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Beet Wagon posted:

What? Do you expect your space fish to be aero/aqua/molten-borondynamic? They're space fish and don't need any such silly restrictions.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
God drat it, how long can it take to scan that damned article? Do the translation afterward.
If this poo poo isn't up by the end of the day Lowtax should ban all french goons for dereliction of duty.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

What is 1000 citizen bucks equal to in real money anyway?

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
Adding to the Elite chat. Will it be worth buying the game and the expansion for when VR comes out? Is it actually well integrated in the game?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beet Wagon posted:

since air resistance in space is so low they would require more fins to propel themselves you see :cigphysics:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Sillybones posted:

Adding to the Elite chat. Will it be worth buying the game and the expansion for when VR comes out? Is it actually well integrated in the game?

Anecdotal evidence from a single play session from back before they accidentally broke the Rift support…

Yes. Very yes. It is/was arguably better integrated than in many made-for-VR games I've seen. A fair amount of Elite revolved around staring at and manipulating various screens in your cockpit, preferably while also maintaining some situational awareness of what's happening in space around you. VR works spectacularly well for that task. It also manages to convey scale, distance, and speed — pretty important things for a space game — in a way that doesn't quite come across in flat 2D representations.

As G0RF said in his old effort-post, by eschewing all the nonsense minutiae and “fidelity” that plagues SC, Elite + VR manages to actually be hugely immersive in a way that must be driving CRobber insane with jealousy.

Tippis fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Jan 15, 2016

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Space fish = regular earth fish + eyes + fins

Tippis posted:

What? Do you expect your space fish to be aero/aqua/molten-borondynamic? They're space fish and don't need any such silly restrictions.

I don't know why it's this that finally drove me to the edge with SC, but it is. That loving fish looks like poo poo. I'm angry about a fish. A non-real, barely molten-borondynamic fish for a loving video game. God damnit. I hate you so loving much, whoever designed that fish.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/41240p/we_are_the_lucky_ones/cyz1vsx

:yikes:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Xaerael posted:

well that's well and good but will there be an accessory for my HOTAS if you get my drift

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Beet Wagon posted:

I don't know why it's this that finally drove me to the edge with SC, but it is. That loving fish looks like poo poo. I'm angry about a fish. A non-real, barely molten-borondynamic fish for a loving video game. God damnit. I hate you so loving much, whoever designed that fish.

It's for space sushi in the mile high club that has also been released.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Sillybones posted:

I've got a DK2 and Elite is easily the best commercial game to play it with. The menus feel like they were designed for head tracking, and the sense of depth it gives to the world is incredible. The text resolution is a little low and makes doing some tasks kind of a pain, so I tend not to use it for long trips or for trade runs, but for combat it feels like a significant advantage. The sound work in that game is also incredibly immersive- just loading into the docking bay and suddenly feeling like you're in this cavernous space hangar is a really cool moment every time the game starts.

They stopped supporting the software because Oculus was changing it so rapidly, but now that the 1.0 kit is out they're supposedly catching up at the usual glacial pace they do things. In the meantime the game is on steam and so has integrated steamVR support, which works pretty well if you fiddle your settings around.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
How much has CIG said about tractor beams and boarding mechanics?

Are goons responsible for the scope creep? The answer will astound and outrage you.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

but also, lmao at how these idiots are freaking out over the superficial changes brought by 2.1 going live.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

A Neurotic Jew posted:

but also, lmao at how these idiots are freaking out over the superficial changes brought by 2.1 going live.

I thought the only change was less crashes, effectively making the game worse

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

MeLKoR posted:

Are goons responsible for the scope creep? The answer will astound and outrage you.

The astounding answer would be “no”. The outrageous answer would be one with any kind of logical coherence and consistence.

You should apply for a job at Cracked with those title writing skills.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Did I miss something? Didn't they just take a patch from one server and move it to the other? Why is this a thing? Doesn't everyone have equal access to both test servers anyway? Isn't there no persistence at all to the universe in any form, so it doesn't even matter which server you get on in the first place? How is it "Live" except in name only? With all this excitement, it has to be me that's wrong. Right?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

MeLKoR posted:

How much has CIG said about tractor beams and boarding mechanics?

this explains the cautious and understated promise of procedurally generated planets and moons

also we shouldn't judge the game by its own standards friends it's unfair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

MeLKoR posted:

God drat it, how long can it take to scan that damned article? Do the translation afterward.
If this poo poo isn't up by the end of the day Lowtax should ban all french goons for dereliction of duty.

Its an old school paper mag and the electronic version is not online yet. Unless we get a Belgian, Swiss or French goon with a scanner to run to the store and scan the thing we will have to wait untill the e-copy is in the virutal store.

Latest issue on sale is still the december one :

https://www.epresse.fr/recherche?q=Canard+PC

Edit : if anyone get a scanned (or ideally, OCR) copy of the thing before its for sale online i'm willing to translate it

aleksendr fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jan 15, 2016

• Locked thread