Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

A normal fantasy:

Throw arms up, exclaim "YES!!!", explode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

EightAce posted:

Am very surprised no one has created a Cat headed Croberts in light of the French article. ..... Considering how much y'all love felines

Don't know if anybody is going to spend time on that when this exists.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bootcha posted:

Holy gently caress, Kant?

I know that guy from City of Heroes, STO, and (you'll love this) an IRC RPG with Kir and others BASED OFF THE WING COMMANDER UNIVERSE.

Yes I am that giant of a WC nerd.

Anyway, Kant? It's Rakescar. Smeep. There's some bad poo poo behind the CR wizard curtain. Get a refund if you're in over $100.

rakescar is a cool name

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/41ejqz/translation_of_the_french_canard_pc_article/cz1v8xf

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

the good ol self-blaming cig supporter: "we were too inept to read when we backed the project."

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Bootcha posted:

Holy gently caress, Kant?

I know that guy from City of Heroes, STO, and (you'll love this) an IRC RPG with Kir and others BASED OFF THE WING COMMANDER UNIVERSE.

Yes I am that giant of a WC nerd.

Anyway, Kant? It's Rakescar. Smeep. There's some bad poo poo behind the CR wizard curtain. Get a refund if you're in over $100.

Who what how in the why now?
This sounds important, please explain.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Cognitive dissonance is a hell of a drug, that's quite inventive.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

A Neurotic Jew posted:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/313714/i-know-star-citizen-is-special-because

Reminder that Duke of Goa is a "Space Marshal", meaning he is a $5000-$9999 backer. You never would have seen this (besides maybe that smurf dude) in 2015.

This discussion has been closed.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6255771/#Comment_6255771

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

There's that mention again, of "building on" the PTU. They really honestly don't see it.

Spoiler Alert! What they're calling the PTU was a thrown together tech demo to give the illusion of gameplay, silence critics, provide screenshots to milk more cash, and deny refunds. It will not be "iterated" into the game. Oh God, I'm so sorry.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

For future use, also parp.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Star Citizen: The Discussion Has Been Closed

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

As if lacking an automated bug reporting tool wasn't enough

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/313738/issue-council-needs-updating-weeding-tidying-to-ensure-accuracy

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
It's almost as if the issue council is just a place for the whales to vent into the void and the devs use an internal bug tracker. I bet I know who controls the priority flags on all issues, too.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Gilganixon posted:

Friends, don't forget to pick up your free Steam keys for Omikron. It's not a perfect sci-fi game and there's no space combat, but it's interesting and fun and has a soundtrack by David Bowie. Also it actually exists and was published, unlike SC.

What free Steam keys? It shows it at $9.99.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
wait.....what? :raise:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Samizdata posted:

What free Steam keys? It shows it at $9.99.

Type in the discount Omikron, it worked for me.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Agrajag posted:

gently caress you shitlord

Shitlords won't even let Eonwe in their clubhouse.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Could somebody shop the badly restored Ecce Homo to be dressed in plaid, with that WC movie cross around the neck?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Graphic glitch or issue with my computer? (self.starcitizen)
submitted 7 minutes ago by Ufokaraage

Not really sure what to make of this
Computer specs: MSI Notebook i7-4710HQ CPU@2.50GHz 16 GB RAM GeForce GTX 970M

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jan 17, 2016

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

TTerrible posted:

It's almost as if the issue council is just a place for the whales to vent into the void and the devs use an internal bug tracker. I bet I know who controls the priority flags on all issues, too.
Please stop. You'll make this person sad.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/41bibo/after_12_hours_of_bughunting_and_issue_council/

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

:pgabz: says PAAAAAAAAAAARP!

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

LowellDND posted:

Right then, that's done it. Cheers!

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

LowellDND posted:

ah that step isn't required for UK folks so didn't see it

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

A star citizen bug hunt sounds like someone on an intrepid expedition to find something to eat at a buffet.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

"Hunting" is not exactly the term I'd use when referring to Star Citizen bugs.

Sisyphus: "Hey guys, anyone else feel good after a binge session of rolling this boulder up a hill?"
Others: "Shut the gently caress up, Sisyphus."

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

I've got bad news for you, Baloth...

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6254164/#Comment_6254164

I like the cute whale logo

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Gilganixon posted:

ah that step isn't required for UK folks so didn't see it

Also not required for German folks, if any are here. Too bad I've binge-read a LP of Nomad Soul already, or I'd try it myself.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

man that thread was pretty polite, all things considered.

enjoying the gradual turn of the tide of the RSI forums, but god drat i'd say one of the chief problems with the game development is the mods and admins fostering nothin but an echo chamber. delete rude and offensive poo poo, sure, but backers politely criticising the game and discussing their problems can actually be super beneficial to whoever is developing it. you get a clear line of sight into what people want and what they don't want, if you can overcome your own knee-jerk reaction to even the mildest criticism.

that spaceship has definitely sailed for this project, though. HO WELL

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Chalks posted:

A star citizen bug hunt sounds like someone on an intrepid expedition to find something to eat at a buffet.

I'm not sure if it's pathetic or adorable that this guy creates bug reports complete with screenshots, and sends them in, thinking that he's helping, and that CIG is actually going through that data. These are the same people who send script improvement ideas to movie studios.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Chalks posted:

…or someone who's watched too much Aliens and who happen to know about the silly details that Ron Cobb put into that movie, such as the nose art on the Sulaco dropship:

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tippis posted:

Who what how in the why now?
This sounds important, please explain.

Video game bros telling other video game bros they've just walked into a minefield.

Ahh, I miss City of Heroes. RIP Ascendant.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

MeLKoR posted:

It doesn't matter what you say, do you think Dolvak and the INN crew don't know they are full of poo poo? They are at war, if it takes a little lying to fight evil and protect CIG that is what they'll do and they do it every day.

I've been saying this for a long time, the community is the worst part of all off this. The GIC management are in it for the money, Ben fucks the moderation because he's in it for the petty power but these people? They do it because they are shithead cultists. There's nothing it it for them but protecting CIG and luring in however many incautious passersby as they can. What do you call those guys encouraging those "I have a problem and I'm in for thousands of dollars already" dudes to buy even more ships other than "human trash"?

^this

Which is why I don't see any merit in engaging them in ANY kind of meaningful discussion or debate. They are not worthy of the time spent. There is no middle ground. They have no redeeming qualities. They are Shitizens whose only claim to fame and notoriety is acting like they're "somebody" by attaching themselves to a ticking time bomb; and are prepared to go down in flames regardless of how this turns out. They know the project stands a very good chance of failing. But even entertaining that notion right now - when it's still in "development", is an admission of failure. They won't do it. And so any discussion with them is going to be of the same fair: denial + attacks

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

LowellDND posted:

Worked for me as well.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Young Freud posted:

Does anyone have the urge to e-mail Canard PC with corrections? They handle a lot of the issues that the thread has brought up, but there's some curious gaps. For example, when they briefly discuss Roberts' Hollywood career, they curtly mention that he quietly sold Ascendent Pictures for no reason, when we know that he hosed up and got into legal battle with Kevin Costner. That sounds like anything but without incident.

No need. They are the equivalent of any of the lovely gaming magazines (pick one) we have over here. And we know they never - ever - do corrections. So why bother?

Also, here is a better translation. I looked it over and it's very accurate, though some of the idioms are lost in translation.

https://mittelsmaerz.wordpress.com/2016/01/17/criticism-of-star-citizenfrom-canard-pc/

Also...

https://twitter.com/GospelOfRoberts/status/688438649491296256/photo/1

Just wait until some Arabic magazine decides to get in on the act. My guess is they'll say my family owns the publication.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

alf_pogs posted:

the good ol self-blaming cig supporter: "we were too inept to read when we backed the project."

They constantly refer to Fart Shitizen in quasi religious terms. Having "faith" in CIG, dismissing views of people who don't "believe" in the project. You know guys if you stuck to evil publishers you wouldn't need to work yourselves into a cultish frenzy over a video game. It must be exhausting.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

CommanderFuctifino :wave:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

fuctifino posted:

CultistFuctifino :wave:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Tippis posted:

…or someone who's watched too much Aliens and who happen to know about the silly details that Ron Cobb put into that movie, such as the nose art on the Sulaco dropship:

Ahem it wasn't the Sulaco that had the nose art, it was the UD-4L Cheyenne dropship. :colbert:

• Locked thread