Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
Seriously, they don't even show us the credits with the awesome music anymore. They could at least award a choice of white 6-link armor, for crafting/selling, or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
well, you get a rare T1 map!

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray

Pharnakes posted:

well, you get a rare T1 map!

Where? Because I got nothing.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Vinktar Square is a very, very cool map. Well worth the money, even if I got the spellpower flask.

TODO: level trapper, get more than 2800hp, get some form of passive health regen that isn't Binos.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
so i noticed they nerfed arctic armor, what's the new hotness in survivability?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

TipsyMcStagger posted:

Lightning Coil and Taste of Hate

oh also max block+acro is possible for firepoison trap builds

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
If you're ranged just avoid melee dmg and save yourself 4ex. Softcore of course.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
I like the idea of Converting a bunch of enemies to fight for me, and really wanted to like Conversion Trap, but it sure seems awful. Is Dominating Blow a more viable option for a build with something like Melee Splash?

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005
Is Dominus' Touch of God an auto one shot on Merciless? Unlike the Vaal Oversoul's one shot which is really easy to dodge, i practiced trying to dodge it when fighting him on cruel and I still got hit once or twice. I'm doing a Det/Grace build with about 30,000 armor at this point, will I be able to take a hit from this?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Touch of God is tankable with capped lightning res and lots of hp, but it's also very avoidable (even as melee). Just keep on your toes while attacking: as soon as you get the audio cue, leap slam/whirling blade/quicksilver away. I find the lightning ghost projectiles trickier to dodge, because there is less windup, and you are more likely to get hit by some of them.

I love the Dominus voice actor, the guy sounds like he's having a blast shouting some of those lines.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Mo_Steel posted:

I like the idea of Converting a bunch of enemies to fight for me, and really wanted to like Conversion Trap, but it sure seems awful. Is Dominating Blow a more viable option for a build with something like Melee Splash?

It's viable but not amazing from what I've seen. It did get buffed directly and indirectly the last couple of patches so you should be able to make a decent build out of it, but I've never tried it out myself.

Xequecal posted:

Is Dominus' Touch of God an auto one shot on Merciless? Unlike the Vaal Oversoul's one shot which is really easy to dodge, i practiced trying to dodge it when fighting him on cruel and I still got hit once or twice. I'm doing a Det/Grace build with about 30,000 armor at this point, will I be able to take a hit from this?

What's your build and HP? Assuming you're melee you should be able to dodge it with a bit of careful play, like only attacking him when he attacks something else or when he's in the middle of another attack and preemptively getting out of the way. Using something like a Decoy Totem helps a lot. Note that his Touch of God attack does both lightning and physical damage so armor will only go so far. Bringing a Topaz Flask to the fight is useful if you want to be careful.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Mo_Steel posted:

Dom Blow has a lot of buggy interactions with stuff like bloodlines. Stuff like giving you corrupting blood when the monster dies.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Kild posted:

Dom Blow has a lot of buggy interactions with stuff like bloodlines. Stuff like giving you corrupting blood when the monster dies.

This is my favorite one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBN4dzG9bQ0

What happened is one of his converted mobs releases poison clouds when it dies/expires. However that poison cloud is buffed by his links and passives so it does a shitload of damage. This vid is one and a half years ago so I assume they have that one fixed by now but I'd never play a dom blow build on hardcore.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

TipsyMcStagger posted:

Arctic armour!

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Something everyone seems to forgeet about Touch of God (and vaal slam) is that they are 50/50 physical and lightning (fire for vaal slam). You need topaz/ruby AND granite to properly tank it.

E: Ok I see this was actually mentioned a few posts above, but a lot of people dont know this so it doesnt hurt to say it twice :v:

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

I wish it was more obvious what kind of damage boss attacks are.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Dominus

The wiki is actually pretty good for this

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Ekster posted:

This is my favorite one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBN4dzG9bQ0

What happened is one of his converted mobs releases poison clouds when it dies/expires. However that poison cloud is buffed by his links and passives so it does a shitload of damage. This vid is one and a half years ago so I assume they have that one fixed by now but I'd never play a dom blow build on hardcore.

I'm reasonably sure they haven't fixed this yet, go forth and PK!

Kea
Oct 5, 2007
This game is fantastic but the loot rolls can be hilarious, I found a bow at level 32 normal with 47-124 damage, im now level 47 on cruel and I still havent been able to replace it.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
is swapping challenge league loot for someone else's standard league loot TOTALLY BANNED NO RMT NO RMT NO RMT, or is it just not supported or moderated

Ada
Apr 22, 2014

Practice proper gun's safety.

ronya posted:

is swapping challenge league loot for someone else's standard league loot TOTALLY BANNED NO RMT NO RMT NO RMT, or is it just not supported or moderated

There's a subforum in the trading section of the official forums for cross league trading so it's not bannable, but they do warn that it's unmoderated so be careful.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

ronya posted:

yeah some people might it's unfair, but it is simply unregulated so don't get scammed

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.
Was there a purge of inactive accounts done in the guild? If yeah, I'd appreciate an invite for char named FencyFancer.

I'm mostly trying not to die while playing THC on the London gateway (don't know if that matters).

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx

Ada posted:

There's a subforum in the trading section of the official forums for cross league trading so it's not bannable, but they do warn that it's unmoderated so be careful.

Cross league trading is only allowed HC to Standard, and HC challenge league to SC challenge league. Trading Standard to talisman is definitely bannable. I'm not sure if they have ever done it, but they have said that they would. I remember when this policy started at the beginning of the second challenge league, because people were getting so rich on Standard that cross league trading was loving the economy up.

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005

Ekster posted:

What's your build and HP? Assuming you're melee you should be able to dodge it with a bit of careful play, like only attacking him when he attacks something else or when he's in the middle of another attack and preemptively getting out of the way. Using something like a Decoy Totem helps a lot. Note that his Touch of God attack does both lightning and physical damage so armor will only go so far. Bringing a Topaz Flask to the fight is useful if you want to be careful.

3500 HP, 30k armor, resists are capped. I'm doing a mace/shield molten strike build, with fortify linked to leap slam, molten strike linked to concentrated effect, life gain on hit, greater multiple projectiles, and physical projectile attack damage. I also have molten shell and enfeeble linked to cast on damage taken.

Ada
Apr 22, 2014

Practice proper gun's safety.

Katasi posted:

Cross league trading is only allowed HC to Standard, and HC challenge league to SC challenge league. Trading Standard to talisman is definitely bannable. I'm not sure if they have ever done it, but they have said that they would. I remember when this policy started at the beginning of the second challenge league, because people were getting so rich on Standard that cross league trading was loving the economy up.

Oh, I didn't actually click the forum link to see the sticky thread. Makes sense I supose.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Katasi posted:

Helmann, i think, got banned from a 1week race about a day into it because he promised to pay someone with stuff he had in another league. His mistake was talking about it on stream.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Shut up and take my GGG points.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1568861

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
That explains this (emphasis mine):

quote:

There is a big lack of skill effect MTX. Especially on new/popular skills. Is that limitation (artists too busy elsewhere) or do you feel like it would be considered "milking" and not taken well? Seems like when introducing such skills like Bladefall / Blade Vortex / Blast Rain - all very fun, satisfying and strong and not adding 1-2 alternative effects you just fail to capitalize on a decent amount of $ from the community.

It's mostly that artists are busy elsewhere and also that individual skills don't make as much money as other microtransactions. This is because each one can only be sold to say 5% of the community. We could make effects for flavour of the month skills and milk it, I guess.

From: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1562421

Totally getting golden shower bladefall tho.

Buckingham-Phallus
May 21, 2014

d'ya like dags?
Invite please! Username in game is BuckPhal

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

Phobophilia posted:

I love the Dominus voice actor, the guy sounds like he's having a blast shouting some of those lines.

All the voice acting in this game is awesome. Even Gruest.. the tribal man you love to hate. I'd like to shove his spear so far up his own rear end....

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

TipsyMcStagger posted:

All the voice acting in this game is awesome. Even Gruest.. the tribal man you love to hate. I'd like to shove his spear so far up his own rear end....

Speaking of that, why aren't there spears in this game? They'd be awesome as a pure dex melee weapon with a melee range implicit.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007
My friend just realised the golden statue ladies have a molded vag and now he wont stop laughing over vent. This game.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Kea posted:

My friend just realised the golden statue ladies have a molded vag and now he wont stop laughing over vent. This game.

They also have statue dicks, IIRC.

Phobophilia posted:

I would pay like $20 for a Dominus VA pack mtx.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

vOv posted:

They also have statue dicks, IIRC.

I hope he never notices.

In other news im still using the same bow i got at level 32 normal, im now level 51 and in act 3 cruel.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

there is a statue in act three who's had his penor painted red hehe

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.

Bluemillion posted:

Speaking of that, why aren't there spears in this game? They'd be awesome as a pure dex melee weapon with a melee range implicit.

because the Ranger is thematically designed around fast 1h weapons (claws, daggers, swords) or a bow

that's more or less it, really

Panzerkin3D
Dec 13, 2011

The mountains have always been here, and in them, the bears.
Did I miss a purge of some kind? Can I get an invite back? MorzanEssenceTaker (and all the other Morzan's)

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

NecroMonster posted:

there is a statue in act three who's had his penor painted red hehe

Marceus the Red! I killed myself on his tempest shield in Merciless once :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

TheRat posted:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Dominus

The wiki is actually pretty good for this

I've been playing this game so long that seeing Dominus strategies is really weird. I fight him half asleep without a care in the world these days.

• Locked thread