Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

I liked Big Ghost back when he actually wrote reviews instead of spending all his time tweeting crusty backpacker poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

Being a (bad) dj myself, dj drops are what I live for. Ive even paid people to make terrible ones for me to spam. I hope one day I get to ruin your night, drop haters.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013
Sadistik came out with a free new EP last week. If you like that style of music, it's very good. Here's a track with Nacho Picasso and Mr MFN Exquire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gy43eFfQ6g

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
shoulda had Freeway or Sigel instead of Meek for the Creed soundtrack smdh

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I was listening to this podcast that had this guy who directed a coupe of Future's music videos. He talks about why Karate Chop never had a released music video and how he's happy that Future is no longer with Ciara because he saw Ciara as pretty controlling of Future and of his image. Also DJ Esco has the BEST drops.

http://talltalespodcast.com/post/137087521827/decatur-dan

Harley C posted:

Being a (bad) dj myself, dj drops are what I live for. Ive even paid people to make terrible ones for me to spam. I hope one day I get to ruin your night, drop haters.

I've been spamming DJ Khaled's ANOTHER ONE at a couple of my gigs lately. It's a lot of fun.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

HorseRenoir posted:

I liked Big Ghost back when he actually wrote reviews instead of spending all his time tweeting crusty backpacker poo poo

It's hard to take the dude seriously after he wrote like 100000 words praising Because the Internet.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Wezlar posted:

It's hard to take the dude seriously after he wrote like 100000 words praising Because the Internet.

That was a positive review? I thought that it was supposed to be some sort of ironic deconstruction of Donglover's script.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Yeah pretty sure that wasn't a positive review

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Pusha' album still owns, and if this is the cast offs from the actual King Push album, KP is going to scorch the earth.

an skeleton
Apr 23, 2012

scowls @ u
Why does Spotify never have tapes soon after they drop? I wanna listen to Purple Reign but I don't wanna go to HotNewMixtapes or whatever and deal with their lovely web app.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Because most rappers don't deal with Spotify independently from a label? Mixtapes are often hard to find on there in general

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Boywhiz88 posted:

Y'all need to listen to some GANGSTA GRIZZ-ILLZ YA BASTARD

I actually liked the versions with the drops better than without

(C)ANNON

STEPS BACK

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

the_american_dream posted:

(C)ANNON

STEPS BACK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeEVla7PVH8

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

HorseRenoir posted:

That's me and I'm pretty sure he deleted that tweet

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

Which is the only reasonable thing to do after embarrassing yourself so much

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

the_american_dream posted:

(C)ANNON

STEPS BACK

I actually can't even imagine We Got it 4 Cheap 1 and 2 without Clinton Sparks

GET FAMILIAR

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Harley C posted:

Being a (bad) dj myself, dj drops are what I live for. Ive even paid people to make terrible ones for me to spam.

You da real MVP.

The mixtape version of Purple Reign is mastered really badly , the levels are all over the place. The first track after the intro sounds particularly awful.

an skeleton
Apr 23, 2012

scowls @ u

Quantum of Phallus posted:

You da real MVP.

The mixtape version of Purple Reign is mastered really badly , the levels are all over the place. The first track after the intro sounds particularly awful.

I noticed that. Some of these songs sound really weird.

The last couple (Run Up, Perkys Calling, Purple Reign) are all good tho.

edit: actually Run Up is mixed really weird too, but it sounds like it could be dope if it was mixed a bit better.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Some tags are great and some are a bit much after repeated listens.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

HorseRenoir posted:

Yea I'm just following him for the retweets and occasional good bits of trivia he drops.

Had no idea that the beginning of Victory was big getting puff back for talking all over his songs.

Also new ways of telling people to eat a dick

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jan 19, 2016

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
this was mentioned like 200 pages ago but this is a really different album to blaze a few to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dnUADTPy7Y

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Did anyone mention how hilarious it is that all the Metro Boomin drops on Purple Reign are Future instead of Thugga since that twitter poo poo?

an skeleton
Apr 23, 2012

scowls @ u

Wezlar posted:

Did anyone mention how hilarious it is that all the Metro Boomin drops on Purple Reign are Future instead of Thugga since that twitter poo poo?

I think he actually mentioned that those were changing before the actual beef. Like he rotates them every year or something. IDK though

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
the thugger one is way better

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

there's at least one thug metro tag on purple reign

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
speaking of thugger https://soundcloud.com/localsavage/young-thug-serious

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
ysl till I'm dead and pale nah freal freal

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDlTEs5ViZY
welcome back migos

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Purple Reign is on iTunes now without drops and... the mix is still really bad :(

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Esco and boomin they got it on smash is a pretty weak sample to hear more than once

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

good poo poo

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Purple Reign is on iTunes now without drops and... the mix is still really bad :(

Yes!

DJ ESCO
JUST GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

and get hosed with your annoying drops

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
people seeking out no-drops versions of future mixtapes falls under the so-called "pussification of America"

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

album is sooooo good.

thathonkey posted:

people seeking out no-drops versions of future mixtapes falls under the so-called "pussification of America"

only reason i was looking for Purple Reign without tags was I thought it'd be better audio quality. It isn;t.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
I went back to spotify and they never have any full mixtapes. Sometimes songs will show up on extremely random compilations ive never heard of with some really bad cover art months later. How does apple music keep getting them? I cant loving stand itunes

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Why do you guys even use that stuff when it take 5 seconds to find,download, then copy to phone.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

thathonkey posted:

I went back to spotify and they never have any full mixtapes. Sometimes songs will show up on extremely random compilations ive never heard of with some really bad cover art months later. How does apple music keep getting them? I cant loving stand itunes

i'm going back to spotify soon so i'm gonna have to figure out how to get all my mixtapes on it

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

RBX posted:

Why do you guys even use that stuff when it take 5 seconds to find,download, then copy to phone.

i switched over for ease of use because i'd started to use a bunch of different devices for listening between my phone, car, work, and home and keeping a huge collection of mp3s or whatever sync'd on 3-4 things is a huge pain in the rear end unless you run your own streaming server. but yeah i'm starting to regret letting my personal collection of digital music files fall by the wayside now. apple music seemed like a promising way to mix my personal collection with their streaming library at first but it turned out to be pretty lovely service and their apps are terrible. maybe some day they will have improved it to the point where it is worth using.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

monkeu posted:

Purple Reign (and 56 Nights) would both be soooo much better without DJ Esco's loving annoying drops all over them.

Trip report: I was 100% right about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

thathonkey posted:

i switched over for ease of use because i'd started to use a bunch of different devices for listening between my phone, car, work, and home and keeping a huge collection of mp3s or whatever sync'd on 3-4 things is a huge pain in the rear end unless you run your own streaming server. but yeah i'm starting to regret letting my personal collection of digital music files fall by the wayside now. apple music seemed like a promising way to mix my personal collection with their streaming library at first but it turned out to be pretty lovely service and their apps are terrible. maybe some day they will have improved it to the point where it is worth using.

FWIW, here's how I listen to music that's not available on Spotify in Spotify:

- Put all my music in Dropbox. 100 gigs isn't that pricey and I don't have that many MP3s these days. Any kind of syncing service with a desktop client works fine though
- Add my Dropbox/Music folder to Spotify's "local files" configuration. Now all my files show in Spotify's desktop client and I can make playlists and poo poo there. I sync my Dropbox across three computers and they all can pull the music into Spotify just fine and share the same playlists.
- On the phone/tablet apps, go to one of the Spotify playlists I've made entirely of local files and check "make available offline." Now those playlists will be synced from the Spotify desktop client to your phone if you're on the same wifi.

The only part of this that's a bit of a pain in the rear end is making a separate playlist for each local album/mixtape you have, but if you only have a handful it's not so bad. Manually specifying which playlists to sync is also kind of a plus if your phone's like mine and doesn't actually have the space for an entire Dropbox music folder :v:

this serves me well for both my cool Young Thug mixtapes, my weird Japanese pop EPs, and my random albums that aren't available on Spotify (Blondie's Parallel Lines, what the gently caress?!?)

(of course now I live in fear some product manager at Spotify ruthlessly cuts the desktop->mobile syncing feature because "pfft look at these stats only like 0.5% of users even know it exists so who cares" but at that point I could probably get some app that just plays straight from Dropbox and I'll be okay)

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Jan 19, 2016