Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

peter gabriel posted:

I think I am Team Sandi :v:

I've got your back (as long as its shaven) :pgabz:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

:worship::worship::worship:

Literally (J)anus.

Ravane fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jan 20, 2016

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

Ravane posted:

:worship::worship::worship:

Literally Janus.

You got a superfluous J in there somehow, you might wanna edit it out.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Frame rate is linked to pledge amount. Donate more for more fps

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

Eonwe posted:

I suggested SA sell star citizen style concierge cards

??

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wulfling posted:

Why would you be mean like that.

I am a mean person. I'm sorry.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

jaegerx posted:

Frame rate is linked to pledge amount. Donate more for more fps

I stole your idea

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

if you think the cougars in idaho are deformed, wait till you see the people in silver mining towns

I hate idaho

It's not so bad if you don't mind getting lovely drunk with friends every night but there's not much else to do unless you're super into camping and hiking and stuff.

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

fuctifino posted:

How does the artificial gravity work in the ships? As in, how is the gravity produced? Is there any scientific babble behind that, or is it just another unexplained feature?

Chris Roberts' creative genius radiates a gravity field that shrinks and expands with his current creative vision. This is also why it's so easy to fall through the spaceship surfaces - this is just Chris Roberts' creative vision changing in real time.

The_Groove
Mar 15, 2003

Supersonic compressible convection in the sun
in star wars galaxies protesting players were teleported into space, SC is just doing it preemptively

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

yeah, mhm, good game

also my paypal funds are officially in my bank account https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTB46FJOF5w

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

I still have that.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Hey, HEY GUYS! has Roberto changed the world with his game yet???

surc
Aug 17, 2004

spacetoaster posted:

I'm space toasting

I was always mildly annoyed that you and eonwe had the same avatar because it made this thread confusing, but this exchange was the payoff, and I feel complete.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

fuctifino posted:

I stole your idea

Concierge members get priority frames.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Regrettable posted:

It's not so bad if you don't mind getting lovely drunk with friends every night but there's not much else to do unless you're super into camping and hiking and stuff.

well I don't have friends! I might start hiking and camping this summer though.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Is this a real thing?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

In other news marmite is the best and cats are better than dogs :boom:

I do love my cat, but there's no Marmite around, soooooo...

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
I feel like now that Black Desert's character creator (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72rFa_TscYk) was released for free, CIG is just gonna strip it down and try to remake it and tremendously gently caress it up. Seriously though, remember Chris's vision for character creation? He wanted the player to wipe a foggy mirror and each time a new face would appear. Sims 1 had more in-depth character creation than that.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Agrajag posted:

Hey, HEY GUYS! has Roberto changed the world with his game yet???

Yeah, but not for the better.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Ravane posted:

I feel like now that Black Desert's character creator (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72rFa_TscYk) was released for free, CIG is just gonna strip it down and try to remake it and tremendously gently caress it up. Seriously though, remember Chris's vision for character creation? He wanted the player to wipe a foggy mirror and each time a new face would appear. Sims 1 had more in-depth character creation than that.

Hasn't Fallout 4 basically did that with their character editor.

Wait, was Chris' vision before or after Fallout 4?

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Bootcha posted:

I got a WC FMV helmet prop. A gift from Lesnick for making sure he was comfortable and welcome in Austin. poo poo I still have his wife's desert plants she game me too.

Old news, but I find it hilarious that only one and a half of those plants survives to this day.

That seemed relevant, somehow.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
RIP plants

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD
This popped up on Steam for me today. Apparently this guy has already built Star Citizen, by himself http://www.starwraith.com/evochronlegacy/index.htm

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I accidentally posted in the doobie thread, of all loving places.

quote:

"butthurt special snowflake" has 134 hits on google. Nobody uses that term. Many of the results had a comma between butthurt and special snowflake, so weren't even true hits. I hoped Sandi would have used that term before, so I went and had a look at some of the hits, and one looked promising as a comment left on this forum post..

This forum poster Firespawn is quite racist, as a comment further down the page suggests

I was about to dismiss it, but the same person defends Star Citizen A LOT on the same site. Of the 134 recorded instances in the world of people using the term "butthurt special snowflake", is it just a coincidence that this person is also an avid defender of Star Citizen?

e: after checking some of the SC hits, I'm not so sure.

It's too much of a coincidence to not say anything, and needs a few eyes to completely dismiss it.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

fuctifino posted:

butthurt special snowflake" has 134 hits on google.

wait a second here. you used that term and are posting in the star citizen thread! GTFO sandy.

Like, seriously, stop being creeps. only webdog has the proper license.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

trucutru posted:

wait a second here. you used that term and are posting in the star citizen thread! GTFO sandy.

No, I'm Derek Smart. We're all Derek Smart. Even Sandi.

While a lot of the SC posts from this person were pro, it seems like they became critical at some stage, so I'm pretty certain it's not Sandi now.

I dream for the day when her online accounts are exposed, and we get to really see how she thinks and operates. I know they are out there...

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
its octopode he is sandi they are both experts in everything since they were kids

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Why did cig hire a internet investigator? Eonwe can google for you for cheap.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Lowtax posted:

I've had a serious Sinus infection the past 8 days or so, so it was nice to come back and see and old familiar friend.

Somewhere out in the 'verse, there is a redditor reading this thread who just fist pumped because that voodoo doll he bought off amazon totally worked. Be afraid lowtax, who knows what they'll do next.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/41seqy/derek_smarts_guide_to_bullying_your_rivals_wife/cz4udw5

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Young Freud posted:

Hasn't Fallout 4 basically did that with their character editor.

Wait, was Chris' vision before or after Fallout 4?

Sidenote re: Fallout 4 - Bethesda will be releasing the Creation Kit for the modding community soon.

I can't wait for someone to mod FO4 into (a working) Star Citizen :allears:

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
We still don't have goon-de-ada do we? :smith:

edit: or a good chili cheese dog. I've learned there are no good chili cheese dogs anymore.

A large farva fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Jan 20, 2016

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

SharkTattoos posted:

We still don't have goon-de-ada do we? :smith:

Still waiting on Derek to do his part. He should be done in two weeks.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Sandi is one of those people who takes things way too personally. If there is criticism on something about the game or studio she takes it as an attack on herself.

However in this case it's well warranted she take it personally because she is a shitbird

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Goons you know what to do.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

thanks reddit

thanks so much

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
ok of all the dumb bullshit that is star citizen this part makes me the maddest:

some artist tasked with making spaceship assets got bored, decided to take a walkabout, noticed someone left the server room door open, wandered in, saw some 40u racks, and was like "yeah... this is what would be in space"

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

padijun posted:

ok of all the dumb bullshit that is star citizen this part makes me the maddest:

some artist tasked with making spaceship assets got bored, decided to take a walkabout, noticed someone left the server room door open, wandered in, saw some 40u racks, and was like "yeah... this is what would be in space"
Maybe they added those server racks in-game to help with the 64 bit addressing issues...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

well I don't have friends! I might start hiking and camping this summer though.

Where are you living, if you don't mind me asking? I'm in Idaho Falls. It's super Mormon so I mostly hang out with punk kids but it's not that bad aside from alcohol sales being over at 1.

• Locked thread