Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
First-party retail games go up 12AM EST.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

First-party retail games go up 12AM EST.

Oh hell yeah.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of January 21):

quote:

WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Adventures of Pip - €13.06 / £11.79
    Life of Pixel - €9.99 (Germany)
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Mario Kart 64 (N64, US ver.) - €9.99 / £8.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Cubemen 2 (Wii U) - €3.99 / £? until January 28
    Runbow (Wii U) - €10.49 / £? until January 30
    Unepic (Wii U) - €4.99 / £? until February 11

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Goosebumps: The Game - €24.99 / £19.99
    Project X Zone 2 (demo)
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Moco Moco Friends - €36.50 / £26.98
    Radiohammer - €5.48 / £3.98
3DS MENU THEMES (January 22)
    Mario Hanafuda - €1.99 / £1.79
    Etrian Odyssey Untold 2: Story Theme - €1.99 / £1.79
    Legend of Legacy: The Chibi Adventurers - €1.99 / £1.79
    The Legend of Dark Witch - Al Theme - €0.99 / £0.89
    The Legend of Dark Witch - Klinsy Theme - €0.99 / £0.89
    The Legend of Dark Witch - Papeline Theme - €0.99 / £0.89
    The Legend of Dark Witch - Riva Theme - €0.99 / £0.89
    The Legend of Dark Witch - Sola Theme - €0.99 / £0.89
    The Legend of Dark Witch - Stoj Theme - €0.99 / £0.89
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    ? (3DS eShop) - €? / £? until ?

NA update (week of January 21):

quote:

WII U eSHOP
    Minecraft Story Mode Episode 1: The Order of the Stone - $4.99, five-episode season pass $19.99
    Brunswick Pro Bowling - $39.99
    SKEASY - $1.49
    A World of Keflings (demo)
WII DOWNLOADS FOR WII U
    Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure - $19.99 (requires wiimote)
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Super Mario Bros. 3 (GBA) - $7.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed (Wii U) - $19.99 until January 25
    Cubemen 2 (Wii U eShop) - $3.99 until January 28
    Puddle (Wii U eShop) - "on sale" until January 28
    Adventure Time: Finn & Jake Investigations (Wii U) - $19.99 until February 12

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam - $39.99
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Pet Inn 3D - $19.99
    3DS MENU THEMES
    [list]
    Sega SG-1000 - $1.99
    Animal Crossing: Winter Frolicking - $1.99
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Code of Princess (3DS) - $9.99 until January 25
    SMT Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker (3DS) - $29.99 until January 25
    Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed (3DS) - $19.99 until January 25
    Etrian Odyssey Untold (3DS) - $9.99 until February 1
    Etrian Odyssey Untold 2 (3DS) - $39.99 until February 1
    Adventure Time: Finn & Jake Investigations (3DS) - $19.99 until February 12

NA is having another first-party sale but yet again, they didn't bother to mention the games or their sales prices, check back here in a few hours: http://www.nintendo.com/eshop/offers

NA Wii U fans, note that this version of SMB3 GBA includes all the exclusive e-reader levels, unlocked from the get-go. Japan got quite a few more e-reader levels than NA but I don't know whether this release has the full set of extra stages or just the ones released in NA back in the day.

For those not in the know, the Sega SG-1000 was Sega's first console and the precursor to the Mark III (Master System) it launched around the same time as the Famicom and was very similar in specs to the first-gen MSX and Colecovision. Most of the games sucked or were superseded by Mark III versions but I kinda like Girl's Garden.

In Training posted:

Oh hell yeah.

Mario & Luigi is actually out 9AM PST today, they deviated for this one game, who cares why.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

irlZaphod posted:

It's Kaubocks

the art style sucks, the touch screen stuff sucks, the increased emphasis on grinding sucks, the map design isn't as good

i do like dawn of sorrow but there are things to dislike. though julius mode adding yoko and alucard was really cool

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

quote:

Mario Kart 64 (N64, US ver.) - €9.99 / £8.99

Oh, so we are getting the better version. Cool.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
So this WiiU release of Super Mario Advance 4/Super Mario Bros. 3 has all the e-reader content?

There were reports of this a while back, but I'd like some confirmation for the U.S. release.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Sarchasm posted:

You're painting with a real wide brush there, champ. Not everyone in America lives in a dense metropolitan area with public transit and a Gamestop on every corner. And even if that was the case, I'd bet good money that not everyone with an American Wii U is actually an American resident. When I lived in Japan I bought all my 3DS games digitally because that was the cheapest option by far, with the second-cheapest option involving a two-hour train ride to Akihabara and then buying the game with a 50% markup from an import shop.

Not only that I live in a large metro area in the US and there is one shop with only two copies within 100 miles, it's more than $17 in gas to grab a physical copy.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Whys this minecraft more expensive? Any differences compared to the Xbox 360 one?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Whys this minecraft more expensive? Any differences compared to the Xbox 360 one?

You get some the extra tile packs included, I think.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

It's a couple of versions behind the others, but they just announced they've started work on bringing the Wii U edition to the latest version. As to why it's more expensive... :iiam:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Oh hell yeah.

You can preload it now, I already did. so hype

Edit: The eshop says that it launches at 1/21 midnight EDT.

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jan 21, 2016

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

eShop deals this week:

Super Mario 3D World - $41.99
Rayman Legends - $27.99
Game & Wario - $20.99
Sonic Generations - $20.99
FreakyForms Deluxe - $13.99
Freedom Planet - $10.49
Teslagrad - $9.99
Donkey Kong Country (SNES) - $5.59
OlliOlli - $4.99
BitTrip Runner 2 - $4.99
Steamworld Dig - $4.99
UnEpic - $4.99
3D Classics: Excitebike - $4.19
Wario Land 3 (GBA) - $3.49
Donkey Kong Jr (NES) - $3.49
VS. Excitebike (NES) - $3.49
Mighty Bomb Jack (NES) - $3.49

and the usual Atlus games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

You can preload it now, I already did. so hype

Edit: The eshop says that it launches at 1/21 midnight EDT.

I'm gonna buy it but I'm too deep into Dragon's Dogma to start it. Can't spread myself too thin.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Echo Chamber posted:

So this WiiU release of Super Mario Advance 4/Super Mario Bros. 3 has all the e-reader content?

There were reports of this a while back, but I'd like some confirmation for the U.S. release.

It does have them all. They apparently changed the rom around to make it so all of them could be on one save file as opposed to the original that only allowed 32 at once.

The new levels are cool but I'm used to Mario Maker physics now so I need to adjust since some of these levels are pretty tough. Some of them also have things from different Mario games like 2 and World. You can also unlock 3 mini games if you collect all the advance coins in each e-level.

I forgot how awful the sound is on these Advance ports.:(

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Fuuuuck do I really need another Etrian Odyssey game (Millennium Girl)? I'm about 3/4 through EO4 and I'm liking it quite a bit more than I thought, but the difficulty is really kinda draining. I'm not struggling through it or anything, it's just the propensity for getting unavoidably killed at virtually any point is wearing me out. Is Millennium Girl at least different enough to be worth $10 more?

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

enojy posted:

Fuuuuck do I really need another Etrian Odyssey game (Millennium Girl)? I'm about 3/4 through EO4 and I'm liking it quite a bit more than I thought, but the difficulty is really kinda draining. I'm not struggling through it or anything, it's just the propensity for getting unavoidably killed at virtually any point is wearing me out. Is Millennium Girl at least different enough to be worth $10 more?

Millenium Girl is a remake of 1 so you may have already played it. If not though, it adds a story mode which gives you a fixed cast of characters to use and expands the story a bit, though classic mode still exists if you want to make your own characters and classes.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

SeANMcBAY posted:

It does have them all. They apparently changed the rom around to make it so all of them could be on one save file as opposed to the original that only allowed 32 at once.

The new levels are cool but I'm used to Mario Maker physics now so I need to adjust since some of these levels are pretty tough. Some of them also have things from different Mario games like 2 and World. You can also unlock 3 mini games if you collect all the advance coins in each e-level.

I forgot how awful the sound is on these Advance ports.:(

I just came to ask about that; I was wondering if it was the NA levels only, or the Japanese ones as well (aka ALL OF THEM). Do you get any of the demo or power-up cards too? I would love to be able to gently caress around and give myself free Hammer Bros suits.

Best power-up ever

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Wonder if the updated version of Brunswick Pro Bowling is any good. I mean, I guess I could just go bowling, regardless.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Asking for some help, I will be much appreciated if someone could give me their insight.

Between Splatoon, Super Mario Maker or Smash 4, what would be the better purchase?

Smash 4 was going to be my choice, but I would be able to only get the game vanilla and leave the dlc. All I really want are the characters, but even those prices add up to money I'd rather save at this moment.

Super Mario Maker just seems like it is amaxing. Not sure how the designing a level aspect would work for me since I don't much have the patience, but I do love the 2D Mario games that this seems to have endless content for quick run-through levels.

Splatoon just looks interesting to me. I haven't played many shooters due to lack of interest, but the mobility, different assortment of weapons, and fighting for map control has my curiosity peaked.

Edit: As for Smash 4. I understand I don't need to buy them now. I just prefer having all the characters at once, so holding off on the game altogether would be the better option.

jetpackhewy fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jan 22, 2016

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

They're all good choices and you basically can't go wrong for the many many hours you'll get out of each of them. Though, I will add that even without DLC characters, Smash 4 is not exactly lacking for roster.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Mario Maker does have an endless stream of levels but most of them are really bad, so if you do want to get it you'll want to check the thread here or other communities where people post and share non-terrible levels.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

JetpackHowwy posted:

Asking for some help, I will be much appreciated if someone could give me their insight.

Between Splatoon, Super Mario Maker or Smash 4, what would be the better purchase?

Smash 4 was going to be my choice, but I would be able to only get the game vanilla and leave the dlc. All I really want are the characters, but even those prices add up to money I'd rather save at this moment.

Super Mario Maker just seems like it is amaxing. Not sure how the designing a level aspect would work for me since I don't much have the patience, but I do love the 2D Mario games that this seems to have endless content for quick run-through levels.

Splatoon just looks interesting to me. I haven't played many shooters due to lack of interest, but the mobility, different assortment of weapons, and fighting for map control has my curiosity peaked.

Edit: As for Smash 4. I understand I don't need to buy them now. I just prefer having all the characters at once, so holding off on the game altogether would be the better option.

If you don't mind all single player, I'd go with Mario Maker just because endless content. Smash 4 is a lot of fun but it's at it's best if you can play locally with people. I wouldn't worry about not having the dlc characters for now. The game has so many characters, you shouldn't get bored with them for a while. Splatoon is really good, has a fun/short single player campaign, and a lot of fun online. If playing off screen on the gamepad is a factor, know Splatoon doesn't let you use that feature. All three are excellent games.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Mario Maker does have an endless stream of levels but most of them are really bad, so if you do want to get it you'll want to check the thread here or other communities where people post and share non-terrible levels.

In addition to this, look up the in-game profiles of level designers you like and check out what they've starred. Each level's end screen also comes with "You may also like..." suggestions based on fav-ing patterns, those tend to be 50/50 for me.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Look, you know exactly what you're getting with the other two, but Splatoon is Nintendo's first brand new IP in like a million years and deserves to have every Wii U owner check it out.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

JetpackHowwy posted:

snip

You can't really go wrong with any of those, but Splatoon is one of the best drat games on the system. Anyone with a Wii U should have it.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Everything I've heard about Paper Jam makes me think that I'd be better off sitting down with another used copy of Thousand Year Door and drinking away my feelings. At least Mario and Luigi combat is still pretty fun? :effort:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's actually a pretty fun and surprisingly challenging game.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
I would get Splatoon but given how laggy Smash Bros is I don't think I'd have a good time online. My router is across the house on the first floor and I'm renting so I can't drill holes for wires.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

My router is 2 feet from my wii-u and it's a laggy piece of poo poo

Did order than LAN adapter tho

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Drill baby drill. Just patch em up when you move

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

My router is 2 feet from my wii-u and it's a laggy piece of poo poo

Did order than LAN adapter tho

Routers have a halo around them where they don't really work well. You shouldn't have it right next to stuff connecting to it.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Also the wifi hardware in the Wii U is pretty weak. Invest in a LAN adapter

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Houle posted:

I would get Splatoon but given how laggy Smash Bros is I don't think I'd have a good time online. My router is across the house on the first floor and I'm renting so I can't drill holes for wires.

http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-PA4010KIT-Powerline-Adapter-Starter/dp/B00AWRUICG/

I get 50 Mbps down with a pair of these and it's phenomenal.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

JetpackHowwy posted:

as others have said, all three are amazing, but i think it kinda boils down to whether you want amazing online multiplayer, amazing single player, or amazing local multiplayer, respectively

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Cartoon Man posted:

Look, you know exactly what you're getting with the other two, but Splatoon is Nintendo's first brand new IP in like a million years and deserves to have every Wii U owner check it out.

First successful and notable new IP, you mean.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It's EAD's first new IP in forever but Nintendo themselves have had a bunch of new stuff that's been fairly well received

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
Splatoon is good for $19.99, but knowing what I know now, I definitely wouldn't have spent more than that.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What do you know now

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

That he's not worthy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

MisterAlex posted:

Splatoon is good for $19.99, but knowing what I know now, I definitely wouldn't have spent more than that.

What exactly do you know now? The game has had a steady content flow since release.