Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bitterblack island is cool, as is ever fall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

How does the ur dragon work.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

In Training posted:

How does the ur dragon work.

you fight him, he runs off, you go back to the arena later and he'll come back at the same HP he left at. that's how offline is at least, I think online everyone in the world is fighting the same ur dragon but every time it dies it comes back more badass and powerful unto infinity

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I want a nude mod for this but the nude models part isn't important what has to happen is when the game boots up and it shows you the rating a big scratch goes over "partial" and spray-paint writes FULL and an electric guitar screeches like an eagle.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i ran into the dragon just chilling out somewhere and thought it was a drake, but it then started shittalking me in the same voice as the intro and oneshot me

earlier i said something like "the dragon got a cheap cutscene kill on me i could have taken it" but i think unless it choked on me i won't be the death of it yet

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
this game owns, only real complaint so far is the UI being lovely and frustrating to use, especially since youre shifting poo poo to pawns all the time to manage weight. that and the black bar on the dark arisen watermark in screenshots

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bitterblack is hard

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I forgot on the PS3 version of Dark Arisen you only get the infinite ferrystone if you have a regular Dragon's Dogma save file already. Oh well. Good thing I love the landscapes in this.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I have been running from jetblack monsters that appear when the screen goes hazy and the scary sound effect from Mario Maker plays

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Those drop the best loot / upgrade items but they're too hard to fight till you're stronger... eventually you cna use corpse juice to summon them and farm them.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah I almost got a big wolf down that kept one shotting all my pawns until it one shot me, and that's when I figured I would run from them for now because it took a really really long time. I'm loving the danger though, a brutal change of pace compared to the rest of the game

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

I forgot on the PS3 version of Dark Arisen you only get the infinite ferrystone if you have a regular Dragon's Dogma save file already. Oh well. Good thing I love the landscapes in this.

You can buy as many as you want, they're pretty cheap.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

You can buy as many as you want, they're pretty cheap.
Who sells unlimited ones? The only shop I found ran out after 3.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I wandered around at night and got lost, then encountered a cyclops. I could only see him by the glow from his eye and the parts of his fur we lit on fire. It was a great fight.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

FactsAreUseless posted:

the black cat sells unlimited ferry stones i think.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
i found out that explosive ballista bolts can be enchanted with magic

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
I bought this game.

e: is there something in particular I should do, to interact with other 'imps' in the game. something about pawns and renting...?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

PleasingFungus posted:

I bought this game.

e: is there something in particular I should do, to interact with other 'imps' in the game. something about pawns and renting...?
If you have Imps on your friends list their pawns will appear free-to-rent in the Rift before anyone else. For example, I entered the Rift the first time and was surprised by a level 17 ranger called Quiet, a large fat man called Sancho Panza and Stacey.

Also I just did some very dangerous Bitterblack diving as early as possible, after beating the hydra, and now I have some extremely cool gear. I love being able to do things like that in games.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Fournival sells unlimited ones I think.

edit: another Bitterblack protip for anyone having trouble with the really really HP spongey mimics - six Throwblasts will kill one mimic, no questions asked.

Good Lord Fisher! fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jan 24, 2016

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

He said it way before I knew what he was talking about so it just sounded unprovoked and out of nowhere and it was epic.

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

Assassin gets a skill that makes you powerful if you are alone.

there's obnoxious phsyical immune enemies + i need mules for loot

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mystic Knight is fun. Gonna try and get some more awesome dragon forged equipment from the everfall before going deeper in bitter black (just beat the big eye)

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

http://i.imgur.com/pmb6GbP.webm

I stole this from youtube to show why i am looking forward to switching to Warrior to unlock the high rank augments. gonna wait until after I rank up fighter and assassin though

Funkchop
Jun 9, 2013
i was so disappointed they had to cut the Berserk armor sets out of this version

Funkchop
Jun 9, 2013
please tell me this game is moddable

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Funkchop posted:

that's sick

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

rediscover posted:

the black cat sells unlimited ferry stones i think.

I've had a ferrystone pretty much all game that I can use over and over, did I accidentally cheat or something?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Leadthumb posted:

I've had a ferrystone pretty much all game that I can use over and over, did I accidentally cheat or something?

No, it's a Dark Arisen DLC item

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The further I get into Bitterblack the longer everything takes to kill, but I'm not getting any better equipment. Hmmm.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Thats your cue to wander off and play the main game some more.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

Thats your cue to wander off and play the main game some more.

From what I understand, I don't have anything left to do in the main game. I have already collected 20 wakestones, which gave me a Point of No Return prompt.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Funkchop posted:

its not on pc bbecause of licensing poo poo and its BULLSHIT

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i never tried magic archer before and im having a lot of fun with it, bbi is starting to kick my rear end though. does bbi get tougher in ng+ liek the base game?

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

In Training posted:

From what I understand, I don't have anything left to do in the main game. I have already collected 20 wakestones, which gave me a Point of No Return prompt.

I see... hmm. Done all the new notice board quests from Cassardis/encampment/Gran Soren? They're good for a few extra levels. Other than that, just start mainlining periapts to kill things in reasonable amounts of time, I suppose

SM64Guy posted:

i never tried magic archer before and im having a lot of fun with it, bbi is starting to kick my rear end though. does bbi get tougher in ng+ liek the base game?

no, it stays the same. It has its own separate NG+ though

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

SM64Guy posted:

Nothing gets tougher in NG+ except if you set hard on.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

SM64Guy posted:

The whole island gets harder once you beat the boss of the third stratum.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Work Friend Keven posted:

Nothing gets tougher in NG+ except if you set hard on.

oh, ive never actually done ng+ before

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Funkchop posted:

i was so disappointed they had to cut the Berserk armor sets out of this version
what the gently caress.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

what the gently caress.

they were still in the files for the version that got leaked/cracked iirc, so they might get modded back in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The quest that triggers NG+ is insanity. Man this game rules. I had a ton of fun and now I'm gonna take a break and return sometime later and try out NG+

• Locked thread