Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
What is this about birds?
And rape?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Unfunny Poster posted:

Also, the best part of this thread is the insinuation that Totalbiscuit's criticisms are only because he has cancer and is afraid he won't see the game released before he dies.

What the gently caress is wrong with these people.

https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/status/691337745927634944

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That's not related to Star Citizen at all, it's related to stuff about some Canadian court case and people sperging out over how he didn't say X or Y and that he's terrible etc.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Huh… I just realised that EVE's database uses doubles for its universe-map objects (star systems, planets, moons, stations etc). I really need to poke one of the devs to see how they translate that to the actual systems and grids that the client and server simulations have to work with and render.

I really should have poked around a bit more in the data types earlier. :eng101:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Midnight Voyager posted:

I think that is the opposite of how it is, isn't it? I mean, you can't have an infinite thing in a finite thing.
The key thing he's missing is that infinite is not mutually exclusive to finite. The universe can be finite (has an end/boundaries) and also infinite (at a scale beyond human conception) - and by definition it must be finite because science has established that it is expanding, even though we are incapable of determining or measuring its limits.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Tippis posted:

On my part, I'd still remove the Peter Principle. From what I've seen, the exact opposite seems to happen: anyone that displays competence is kicked out (their good ideas clash with management's bad ones) or leave (for the same reason, but before they have a chance to be kicked out). Can't let them move up and be in a position to argue, now can we?

I couldn't think of any other reason to explain Lesnick as the director of pretty much everything inconsequential.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I couldn't think of any other reason to explain Lesnick as the director of pretty much everything inconsequential.

That's more the Dilbert Principle, isn't it? :D

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

D_Smart posted:

Just as I predicted and said they would. Just sayin' :p

They crashed because you can now buy back things you melted, not you.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Kakarot posted:

Rubbish. Unless you weren't paying attention, the crash started back in August. Long before unmelting was a thing. Look it up. Get your facts right. Be happy.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Kakarot posted:

Bullshit. He used his vaguely described math formula, like he said he would!

DON'T STEAL HIS THUNDER!

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

What is this about birds?
And rape?

You have been banned from this twitch stream

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

D_Smart posted:

Unless you weren't paying attention, the crash started back in August.

So if he wasn't paying attention, the crash didn't start in August? Kakarot has powers we do not guess.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Might take a while for the full HD fidelty to kick in but:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_EKZhjc0w0

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Jobbo_Fett posted:

If I post myself with guns, does that make me an anti-dark knight? Do I become a white knight, or does that turn me into something completely different like a void knight?

So many questions...

The Dark Knight's thoughts on knights:

The Dark Knight posted:

Hopefully this doesn't get me on probation, so, here goes:

Star Citizen has its fair share of White Knights, those who would stand up with CIG and protect it against all those who would seek to tear it down.
But recently those attacks have grown to be more vicious and aggressive than ever before, which presents us with a question:
Does Star Citizen need, therefore, a Dark Knight?

Does Star Citizen need, or deserve him?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Solarin posted:

I've been working on a theory about the original marketing plan for this game mass delusion and think I'm pretty close. SC thread please peer review my model.

I am legit fascinated by the combination of personality disorder (from pretty much everyone involved including us) and exploitation on display here.

lol

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

Pgabz how do you always make the babby-poo look so fun?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Matchmaking fantasies

1 2 3

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

peter gabriel posted:

This doesn't seem like it is, or will be, a good game

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beet Wagon posted:

Pgabz how do you always make the babby-poo look so fun?

Because it IS fun if you approach it from the angle of it being a lovely half baked space flying game with tons of bugs and no personality.
It is a terrible and unfun game if you approach it from the angle of it being in any way good or decent

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Mirificus posted:

Those are some shitkickers there, this guy got bullied a lot in school, I can tell because of his poo poo footwear.

And his poo poo "Mummy bought me these when I was 13" tracksuit pants. Tosser.

Brazilianpeanutwar fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jan 25, 2016

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

peter gabriel posted:

excellent music as always

also where is the last 25% of your ship. or is it supposed to be an asymmetrical abortion?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Mirificus posted:

lovely gun, shoes, pants, vest, and hat.

The scarf is probably the only good thing in that entire photo.

If you're going to sperg out on Star Citizen I would hope you have something original for your firearm.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

excellent music as always

also where is the last 25% of your ship. or is it supposed to be an asymmetrical abortion?

I dunno, I didn't hit anything but that doesn't matter, could be anything - normal rules do not apply in the 'Universe o9

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

lovely gun, shoes, pants, vest, and hat.

The scarf is probably the only good thing in that entire photo.

If you're going to sperg out on Star Citizen I would hope you have something original for your firearm.

Original? You mean like the Sabre that looks like a ripped off robotech Valkyrie? There is nothing original about SC.

And can someone explain to me how the previous Wing Commander games aren't considered B-Movie level of writing at best? I get there's a lot of love for them but goddamn the writing is atrocious.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

peter gabriel posted:

Has there been any good Afterburner game since Climax?

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

And can someone explain to me how the previous Wing Commander games aren't considered B-Movie level of writing at best? I get there's a lot of love for them but goddamn the writing is atrocious.

Oh they are. There are just different levels to it — the good ones are B-level, which is campy and fun and enjoyable by all. The ones written by Chris are… below that.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Original? You mean like the Sabre that looks like a ripped off robotech Valkyrie? There is nothing original about SC.

Look, the "Dark Knight" is trying to break new ground. Its not working, but he's trying.

Also, I think one (or two?) WC games had decent writing and the others didn't according to reactions from this thread.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
TotalBiscuit plays Star Citizen

Sorry it's not in video form, I thought I'd just show the highlight.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the eve thread has been pretty good today

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
This is a bit random but I discovered that the guys who did Conker's Bad Fur Day on N64, way back in the day, did a drunken commentary thing. It's hilarious because they're game developers and made an awesome game, but they're also incredibly northern and bitter and also as previously mentioned quite drunk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgtAXCaSlpk
Just postin' cus.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

Because it IS fun if you approach it from the angle of it being a lovely half baked space flying game with tons of bugs and no personality.
It is a terrible and unfun game if you approach it from the angle of it being in any way good or decent

Discover two easy secrets to enjoying bad games!

Game Devs Hate Him!!

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Eonwe posted:

free kimsemus

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eonwe posted:

:agreed:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

PVP by consent only

I suspect there will be separate PvE and PvP servers because that is what I want

Explain to me how it will not work... everyone get what they want

Mirificus fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jan 25, 2016

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
What happened in the space game that exists today?

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Eonwe posted:

lol DBRB supports trump.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

kingcom posted:

lol DBRB supports trump.

Of course he does.. just like he supports 1v1 honorable combat.

If it turns out to be true trump love though then I will have to hate him. We shall see.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

grimcreaper posted:

Of course he does.. just like he supports 1v1 honorable combat.

If it turns out to be true trump love though then I will have to hate him. We shall see.

Maybe thats why Kimsemus is locked up???

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's all Eonwe's fault anyway. He just wants to make the OP for all the gaming threads, clearly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Vote Eonwe in 2016

• Locked thread