Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Lu Yan posted:

The logic of an autocrat.

It's crystal clear now why Chris hates publishers.

I'm sure the feeling is utterly mutual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/16409/is-a-2014-release-rushing-it

memories of a more innocent time :allears:

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

wyoak posted:

whoa there i wasn't calling you a bad person, just saying that a little proofreading goes a long way. constant grammatical errors aren't going to help you make your point or grow a readership (unless they're accompanied with funny videos or pictures of cats).

To be fair, to you, I in no way took it as you calling me such. I was just stating who/what we are and why we do what we do. I didn't take it personally like an attack, so it's all good. You didn't tell me to remove the stick from my rear end after all.

But yeah, I do agree with your overall point. We proofread it all, and at times I know we gently caress up and miss stuff. It's going to happen. But either way, all good.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I sense a lot of negativity in this thread and it is affecting my chakras. Sure, Croberts may have given the backers less than they expected on the star marine front but what he takeths away on one hand he giveths with the other. For instance, he just confirmed GTA in space.

quote:

So did CR just confirm GTA-style "5 stars" coming eventually to a crusader near you? self.starcitizen

submitted 5 hours ago by lordx3n0saeonPirate

(based on the most recent 10ftC) So hear me out. Seems like he said:

-If a com array is online and it witnesses violence you get penalties

-bounties, NPCs showing up to screw you over, etc pile up the more you do.

I'm imagining someone going on a rampage and eventually having this huge gang of crusader security chasing them from QD to QD unleashing hell as they go.

(Note: I'd totally do this to see how long I could hold out against all the police NPCs, could be fun PVP/PVE for small orgs too)

quote:

Jack_Frak 1 point 6 minutes ago

I hope it can be tied to the individual pulling the trigger. So if you have a crew member who goes off the deep end inside a turret and starts blasting a parked ship and the captain didn't want that to happen he could then turn in the mutineer.

and so a new feature is born

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
There's a lot of grand theft involving spaceships alright

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

If you would like to get down there and let me know where it is I'll be more then happy to allow you a peak. Real original comment though. I give you credit for that. I've never once heard about a stick in the rear end. That's an entirely new concept. If you have something of actual value to say, then come with it. If not, well the offer still stands to come try to find the stick. Maybe we can replace it with your head since you have such a wonderful understanding of who/what I am.

I like the simplicity of the stick. Your give off the stink of a writer who takes themselves very seriously. You respond to "drat get an editor" with an emotional outpouring. Get over yourself and focus on improving your work (which conveniently is outside of your self) is my point with the stick.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

trucutru posted:

I sense a lot of negativity in this thread and it is affecting my chakras. Sure, Croberts may have given the backers less than they expected on the star marine front but what he takeths away on one hand he giveths with the other. For instance, he just confirmed GTA in space.

and so a new feature is born

Ironically, this is the only five stars the game will receive.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I can't wait to read the post mortem of CIG when the money runs out.

Star Citizen has cut stretch goals, whole modules, and appearances. People still are lapping this poo poo up. I don't feel sorry for them anymore, let them waste their money.

Common sense is dead after all.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

Solarin posted:

I like the simplicity of the stick. Your give off the stink of a writer who takes themselves very seriously. You respond to "drat get an editor" with an emotional outpouring. Get over yourself and focus on improving your work (which conveniently is outside of your self) is my point with the stick.

Dude, do you have something constructive to say or you just getting off on random attacks? I know my limitations as a writer. I know it's not for everyone. You seem to think you know everything about me and how I feel about myself, let me assure you - you don't. I responded, because it's not the first time a comment like this has been sent my way and felt it was important to state why we do what we do. If you have a problem with that, okay.

The offer to replace the stick with your head still stands. Maybe having you up there would give me a better understanding of how I can get over myself, since you seem to know of so much.

Oh and if you noticed a problem in the article, why not point it out instead of being random internet dick number 5 that can talk poo poo but not actually point out any problems they have.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Dude, do you have something constructive to say or you just getting off on random attacks? I know my limitations as a writer. I know it's not for everyone. You seem to think you know everything about me and how I feel about myself, let me assure you - you don't. I responded, because it's not the first time a comment like this has been sent my way and felt it was important to state why we do what we do. If you have a problem with that, okay.

The offer to replace the stick with your head still stands. Maybe having you up there would give me a better understanding of how I can get over myself, since you seem to know of so much.

Dude, relax, take it easy, you're in a comedy forum full of shitposters. Don't take your own work too seriously. Believe me, it's better than the one Croberts does and he has a 100m dollar company!. Have a laugh at star citizen and paaarp in the general direction of the people that annoy you.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Oh and if you noticed a problem in the article, why not point it out instead of being random internet dick number 5 that can talk poo poo but not actually point out any problems they have.

The breakdowns are coming from inside the thread.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

trucutru posted:

Dude, relax, take it easy, you're in a comedy forum full of shitposters. Don't take your own work too seriously. Believe me, it's better than the one Croberts does and he has a 100m dollar company!. Have a laugh at star citizen and paaarp in the general direction of the people that annoy you.

Oh I get it my man. For sure. And trust me I don't take it seriously, it's not ruining my night or anything. With that in mind PAAAAAARP!

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Nice but the quote should be coming out of his rear end

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Look dude he's right, all your articles are poo poo and boring. That's why we read this thread and not your garbage blog poo poo.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Lime Tonics posted:

I can't wait to read the post mortem of CIG when the money runs out.

Star Citizen has cut stretch goals, whole modules, and appearances. People still are lapping this poo poo up. I don't feel sorry for them anymore, let them waste their money.

Common sense is dead after all.

These citizens are dysfunctional miscreants unfit for this world, born that way and made moreso with time and my only aim is to reel and marvel at the view. Their life-method has categorically failed them and they foul every nest they find and ever still they ooze and crawl to new and ever more desperate nests to foul them too and on again for ever and ever until they die.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/42q6dh/i_generally_oppose_bans_but_users_with_100/

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Seriously. If you joined the forums to shill your articles about star citizen expect to get poo poo on. You're the new dolvak.

Junk Puncher
Dec 31, 2009

G0RF posted:

...because of Chris Roberts' micromanagement/scoop creep/unreasonableness?

G0RF posted:

Chris Roberts' scoop creep

G0RF posted:

scoop creep

So in Jr college, I there was this guy that would say "Free scoop Friday!" (or a different version for whatever day of the week it was)
And then make a scoop shape with his hand and act like he was groping people.
Mildly creepy, but he was one of those guys that if you knew him then you knew it was just a twisted sense of humor, and he wasn't actually creepy.

Anyway, I read "scoop creep" and now envision that being a thing CR has a problem with.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

This is "stating why you do what you do"? This is basically a meltdown letter split up into little pieces. You're (presumably) representing people besides yourself, would you send this to someone giving you crap via your site's "Contact Us" page?

Yes, you're in a business where people criticize every thing you do or don't do, and it's really stressful to get poo poo on when you did the best you could, but you still have an image to maintain. If you don't agree with what someone has to say, you can just say "Thank you, we'll keep that in mind" or "That sounds like a good idea". But putting on public record that you'll fling poo poo back whenever someone flings poo poo at you... well, that pretty much puts you on Sandi's level.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Toops posted:

These citizens are dysfunctional miscreants unfit for this world, born that way and made moreso with time and my only aim is to reel and marvel at the view. Their life-method has categorically failed them and they foul every nest they find and ever still they ooze and crawl to new and ever more desperate nests to foul them too and on again for ever and ever until they die.

I like this thread because of the cat pictures and whatnot. Things today are serious though, so serious moods are happening.

What I'm saying is paarp and post cats.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Good Dumplings posted:

This is "stating why you do what you do"? This is basically a meltdown letter split up into little pieces. You're (presumably) representing people besides yourself, would you send this to someone giving you crap via your site's "Contact Us" page?

Yes, you're in a business where people criticize every thing you do or don't do, and it's really stressful to get poo poo on when you did the best you could, but you still have an image to maintain. If you don't agree with what someone has to say, you can just say "Thank you, we'll keep that in mind" or "That sounds like a good idea". But putting on public record that you'll fling poo poo back whenever someone flings poo poo at you... well, that pretty much puts you on Sandi's level.

You know what you are right. We can't all be Total Biscuit and make money while posting Soundclouds about how we're leaving social media because of the toxicity. Sorry about that. I'll take to mind what you say though.

Oh and to the person that stated they hate our blog. Cool, we'll keep that in mind too.

Take it as a meltdown, take it is a statement of why we do what we do. That's fine. Either way I know when it's not liked. So thank you for the criticism, I'll work harder to ensure we don't fall into any traps. Thank you.

But isn't shitposting what people do on here? That's at least what I have been told.

But like I said, you're right. So thank you, we'll keep that in mind moving forward. either way this thread isn't about me, or what I write, nor should it be. I apologize for that.

B_of_InfoRedux fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Jan 26, 2016

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

I don't know what's funnier, how cozy they want their hugbox to be or the thought that any of them can comprehend sarcasm or satire.

The next list of demands includes a plate of four chicken tenders weighing between 5.5 and 6 oz three times a day, tendies arranged left to right, largest to smallest and a 4 oz. container of easy-mac (CHEESE SAUCE, NOT THE POWDER, MOM)

skaboomizzy fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jan 26, 2016

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

"Oh, that was easy," says Man Chris Roberts, and for an encore goes on to prove that black is white and gets himself killed on the next zebra crossing.”

E: Apologies to Douglas Adams

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

The only game involved in this is the betting on how many suicides/murders will result when the house of cards inevitably collapses.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Solarin posted:

caption: Roberts' flight response kicks in as he hears his own explanation re: Star Marine

You just know that every single person backing this game has called George Lucas a hack at some point in the recent past

and yet somehow they've formed a cult of unquestioning faith around this doughy scumbag

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Lime Tonics posted:

What I'm saying is paarp and post cats.

Dancy cat :pgabz: says knock it off with the amateur blog critiques guys. There are Redditors who think Orwellian word filters will solve their problems.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

You know what you are right. We can't all be Total Biscuit and make money while posting Soundclouds about how we're leaving social media because of the toxicity. Sorry about that. I'll take to mind what you say though.

Jesus Christ....

You are coming across as passive aggressive and childish.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Gonkish posted:

The only game involved in this is the betting on how many suicides/murders will result when the house of cards inevitably collapses.

If something like this passes with little complaint, what could possibly cause a collapse? This is going to be another Ouya. Something will come out, legal requirements will be tenuously met, and die hard backers will say they love what they get.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Good Dumplings posted:

You know what, you're right. It can be hard to take criticism, especially when we are just starting out, but you have some very valid points. Especially the point about the contact page. So in all honestly, I will take it all into account and work harder to ensure that this does not happen in the future. All bullshit aside thank you for the well worded and constructive criticism - I mean that. You're right.

As far as on the public record goes, it is what it is. If people want to use this against me/us in the future, they can do so. It's out there and that's on me. I won't retract it. All I can do is grow from the experience and ensure that I take criticism such as yours constructively and ensure that the proper lessons are learned. So in all sincerity, and I'll say it again, thank you. I hope you guys have a great night. .

B_of_InfoRedux fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Jan 26, 2016

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Unfunny Poster posted:

Jesus Christ....

You are coming across as passive aggressive and childish.

Thank you I'll take that into account moving forward. I apologize and retract that statement. Good evening.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Take it as a meltdown

I think we did.

Suggestion: Chill the gently caress out, and don't write provocative blog posts if you can't handle the feedback or constructive criticism.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

fuctifino posted:

I think we did.

Suggestion: Chill the gently caress out, and don't write provocative blog posts if you can't handle the feedback or constructive criticism.

We will take the suggestion to heart and thank you for the criticism, it will only allow us to grow and be better then what we are. Thank you.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

So moving on. How about that star marine?

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Oh and to the person that stated they hate our blog. Cool, we'll keep that in mind too.

Take it as a meltdown, take it is a statement of why we do what we do. That's fine. Either way I know when it's not liked. So thank you for the criticism, I'll work harder to ensure we don't fall into any traps. Thank you.

But isn't shitposting what people do on here? That's at least what I have been told.

But like I said, you're right. So thank you, we'll keep that in mind moving forward. either way this thread isn't about me, or what I write, nor should it be. I apologize for that.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Chris Roberts deserves to step on a lego piece.

whoa man calm down :gonk:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Noooooo! what did I tell you? abort! abort!

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
man who bought ace plughead a rereg

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

I know this is the Internet but I wasn't trying to attack your work or you as a person, but make a joke about your sensitivity to criticism (see above). Mostly because you said you have professional aspirations.

I'm no writer but in every field having your work torn to shreds is a chance to get better. Learn to love it quietly tolerate it (hint: your work is not you the person) or clench down harder on that stick. Good luck!

e: changed to reflect reality of being critiqued

Solarin fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Jan 26, 2016

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

trucutru posted:

Noooooo! what did I tell you? abort! abort!

Aborted. I promise. It's been a long day, and I made mistakes, I haven't paaarped enough. that's on me, no one else. SO PAAAAARP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Junk Puncher posted:

Anyway, I read "scoop creep" and now envision that being a thing CR has a problem with.
It's funny you'd write this today, since today was maybe the first in this history of CIG that Chris Roberts actually demonstrated signs of "scope shrink"' instead of "scope creep"...

Maybe in another 75 episodes of "Ten for the Chairman", he'll have deflated the expectations bubble enough to deliver that space pew-pew game he pitched back in the day...

• Locked thread