Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
One thing I loved at Uni studying the Vietnam War was reading the Pentagon papers and reports from generals, etc, that kept saying 'we need more time and more soldiers and to be allowed to cut loose'. Over and over again. For years. If you thought Friedman was an idiot with his Friedman units, you'll love reading the Pentagon types constantly asking for more time and more money. The American War in Vietnam, when it was in full swing, went for about a decade (I know this is highly open to dispute and you could argue it was more like twenty). The US has been in Afghanistan since..?

More time. More soldiers. Let us cut loose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

Zelder posted:

of all the people i expected to be a flat earther, famous rapper B.o.B was definitely not anywhere on that list

i guess he really is out of his loving mind

Half the people who have heard of B.o.B. have heard of him because of that tweet. Think about it.

Though I like to think he's just a die-hard Thomas Friedman fan

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

albany academy posted:

Wouldnt the sent texts be the ones in green rather than received? So this person is texting Jeremy and Jeremy responded with the lawsuit?
I'm unfamiliar with iPhone UI so I could be wrong but this seems like a bad Bennett.

The hand is the guy who lined up all those drinks for the GOP debate. He's the one being sexually harassed.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Stinky_Pete posted:

The hand is the guy who lined up all those drinks for the GOP debate. He's the one being sexually harassed.

i have no idea what this means

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

MAP OF
AFGHANISTAN

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

What is this based on? Can any who's actually in the military explain it? What exactly is it that the president is not letting the troops do in Afghanistan that the right is pissed off about?

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

What is this based on? Can any who's actually in the military explain it? What exactly is it that the president is not letting the troops do in Afghanistan that the right is pissed off about?

Shoot civilians and nuke Baghdad.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Military grousing over rules of engagement, "If only those goddamn civilians who don't know poo poo about poo poo would just untie our hands and really go after the bad guys, we'd have this thing tied up." It's a complaint as old as organized warfare, I don't know how valid it is in Afghanistan but I'm pretty sure that we lost our chance to finish off the Taliban and build something that would last after we left right around March 20th, 2003.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Bors on Donald Rumsfeld's new app:

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

beepsandboops posted:

tbh;dr

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

beepsandboops posted:

I don't hate Rumsfeld as much as I hate Cheney, but that first panel still fills me with rage and despair.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I remember asking some Jews about Kirschen's haggadah (maybe in this very thread), and I was told you can one with actual art for maybe half the price of the Dry Bones one.

Also probably fewer veiled references to putting Muslims in camps.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rorus Raz posted:

I remember asking some Jews about Kirschen's haggadah (maybe in this very thread), and I was told you can one with actual art for maybe half the price of the Dry Bones one.

Does the Dry Bones Haggadah omit the part where you're supposed to express regret for the innocent Egyptians who had to die in the plagues so the Jews could be free?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Rorus Raz posted:

I was too late anyway :ohdear:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Selachian posted:

Does the Dry Bones Haggadah omit the part where you're supposed to express regret for the innocent Egyptians who had to die in the plagues so the Jews could be free?

May be because I'm the eldest, but that last plague seemed like some real bullshit to me.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

zoux posted:

May be because I'm the eldest, but that last plague seemed like some real bullshit to me.

Lmao my favorite part is that the Pharaoh was going to let them go and then god hosed him over and made him say no, then killed a bunch of children. What a piece of poo poo.

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

zoux posted:

I remember watching a show on the History channel a long time ago that looked at the plagues as being a possible outcome of volcanic and seismic activity. Killing the first born was related to the eldest child having a nicer bed that was lower to the ground, and them being smothered by a CO2 cloud while the younger siblings had beds that were elevated off the ground. I guess the first kid got the bottom bunk.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Take away the Obama and Khamenei and this look like some kind of opaque commentary on childhood. The arcade with only one game/ride and a gumball machine, the kid-who-is-an-old-man asking for billions, the parent offering a check for a coin-operated device...

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

:drat:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Hahaha nice.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Lead in the drink
Lead in the drink
Killin' all the poors
with your lead in the drink

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

inkblot posted:

I remember watching a show on the History channel a long time ago that looked at the plagues as being a possible outcome of volcanic and seismic activity. Killing the first born was related to the eldest child having a nicer bed that was lower to the ground, and them being smothered by a CO2 cloud while the younger siblings had beds that were elevated off the ground. I guess the first kid got the bottom bunk.

Also I think tainted grains from the eruption stuff were a factor because the firstborn son got more.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Before this joke gets old (again), someone needs to add a final panel to this masterpiece

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Is the argument literally "you are not a good Christian if you have anything else at all going on in your life" because wow

e: seriously this poo poo is how cult leaders get you to give them all your possessions and cut off ties with your family

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009

TheBigAristotle posted:

Before this joke gets old (again), someone needs to add a final panel to this masterpiece

"god is uncle sam" -C.S lewis

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
*Typical Adam4d nonsense*

AGC

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

loquacius posted:

Is the argument literally "you are not a good Christian if you have anything else at all going on in your life" because wow

e: seriously this poo poo is how cult leaders get you to give them all your possessions and cut off ties with your family

"But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

So that's why so many good Christians are fat welfare losers

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
Adam4d just makes me irrational angry. There are bigger jackasses regularly posed ITT but old Adam's air of smugness just pisses me off.

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)
Someone mentioned that they thought he might have been an atheist before, him citing C.S. Lewis and kinda loving it up makes me consider that he might of been.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

He's not going to win any converts to his brand of theocratic garbage by telling people they can't live any part of their lives except fervent devotion to his god. His Christ can gently caress right off.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Denmark seizing refugees' assets – Danish police will search asylum seekers on arrival and confiscate any non-essential items worth more than £1,000"

Telegraph:

Migrant crisis: EU seeks more controls for Schengen borders

Independent:

After Eriksen.

Times:

Dad's Army film out soon

Mail:
Mac on... Beached sperm whales in Norfolk

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just an FYI, in DbD news Argentina has revoked the ranches embassy status. I suspect Muir has done this in solidarity with BLM. Also, boobs.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Axetrain posted:

He's not going to win any converts to his brand of theocratic garbage by telling people they can't live any part of their lives except fervent devotion to his god. His Christ can gently caress right off.

He's not looking for converts, he's drawing god fan service for cash dollar bills.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I think Ramirez has been slowly becoming Gorrell lately

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Zelder posted:

and please dont' diss the only notable thing to come out of winston salem, nc

Krispy Kreme and Texas Pete would like a word with you

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Rorus Raz posted:

He's pandering to the right, though. He could literally just write HILLARY BAD on a napkin and it would be met with acclaim.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Rorus Raz posted:

Holy poo poo, he couldn't even be damned to just make the logo out of colored blocks. You can see the sloppy erase job on the left leg of the H.

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb

Man was not made for the Sabbath, the Sabbath was made for man. A Good Cartoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Rorus Raz posted:

It's an improvement.

In fact, if from now on Ramirez would only produce totally blank papers, without a single pixel of a different color than all the others, I'd hand him his third Pulitzer myself.

• Locked thread