Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

alf_pogs posted:

caught up finally. wow, two key resignations in the last 24 hours? poo poo its really happening isnt it. i cant look away.

hey Big Games Media how does it feel knowing derek loving smart king of all cosmos beat you to the punch

:feelsgood:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Just posting ahead of the catchup to point out that the goon named 1500 missed out on posting in page 1500.

Ya I know. drat my real life, why can't I be a true citizen.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

*clicks report*

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
It's nice seeing Star Citizens becoming aware of the Star Citizen trademark issue

I swear DogonCrook reads this thread

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

G0RF posted:

Man, he's been gilded 4 times now- I've never seen that happen.

Emergent lucidity on a popular Star Citizen thread -- en masse no less -- is highly disorienting. I want to believe this is a turning point of some kind-- yet it's hard to believe that, given that they seem most comfortable in a state of cognitive dissonance.

I guess we watch the funding tracker over the next few days and weeks and see.

Wrote something similar to what you're doing here earlier. http://www.informationredux.com/index.php/2016/01/26/star-citizen-lets-talk-more-about-star-marine/

Feel free to use any info there for your post. You're doing good work.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

this guy is gonna get banned by their mods. :rip:

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

So having not read this thread since late last year, when did the brown sea suddenly start turning on CIG? Negative posts like this would have been unthinkable or sent into the cornfields even a few months ago.

quote:

[–]The_Smokey_Bandit[S] 51 points 13 hours ago
But just look at this video from 6 months ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuBvRp_BXow
Not only is the footage of the FPS module pretty compelling and playable, the commenter seems adamant that CIG will be releasing Star Marine within the next couple of weeks. I mean, where the hell did all of this stuff go anyways? I'm not pulling out my tinfoil hat here, but I would watch the FPS gameplay from gamescom hundreds of times before pledging, because it was what sold me on the game. I just dont see why we havn't seen anything at all, and that's probably the reason people think it got cancelled, because they showed us all of this stuff but then where the hell did it go?

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

Alright, who's DogonCrook?

chrisplained to about what dreams really mean :laffo:

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

So having not read this thread since late last year, when did the brown sea suddenly start turning on CIG? Negative posts like this would have been unthinkable or sent into the cornfields even a few months ago.

literally less than a month ago. There have been some grumblings since the start of the new year, and when they effectively cancelled star marine on monday there has been a huge groundswell. Before that you very rarely saw it happen.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Wrote something similar to what you're doing here earlier. http://www.informationredux.com/index.php/2016/01/26/star-citizen-lets-talk-more-about-star-marine/

Feel free to use any info there for your post. You're doing good work.
I thought you might appreciate this feedback I came across.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

babby's first gifcam

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Spot on

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

BMan posted:

babby's first gifcam

Lol

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

G0RF posted:

As CIG employees play D&D, it looks like there's another girl to add to Sandi's magic mirror...

Is that a kitchen in the background? Where was this pic from?

G0RF posted:

Alright gents, this is a bloody long Effort Post that remains, despite considerable time spent, incomplete. But I figured it would be worth putting some of the key Star Marine dates into a single hyperlinked timeline. Forgive me in advance for minor errors. I know most of this isn't news to the Regulars here; my hope is to enlighten the casual visitors, particularly those who are skeptical of our skepticism. I may be overestimating the power of deductive reasoning here.

:words:

GORF out!

Absolutely incredible. Awesome work.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Is that a kitchen in the background? Where was this pic from?

Absolutely incredible. Awesome work.

That's the new office in SM, when hobo santa was giving the tour he pointed out the kitchen.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

lol

stop being fascist goons! lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/42vtjb/star_citizen_trouble_in_paradise/

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

Well...I'm loving shocked honestly. I knew it made its way there, but drat. That's the only time one of them has said anything even close to nice.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Lol

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

The dissent is lovely.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6291816/#Comment_6291816

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6292619/#Comment_6292619

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6292736/#Comment_6292736

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

1500 posted:

That's the new office in SM, when hobo santa was giving the tour he pointed out the kitchen.

I know the office, who took the pic?

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Chris really screwed up. I would love to hear the conversation between him and Sandi. Or should I say the shrilling accusations that Chris is now costing them money.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I know the office, who took the pic?

Sandi's pussy troll.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i cant believe today i read the word "chrisplained" used disparagingly about 104tc on the rsi forum. a true milestone

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

This man is a retard.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Another good post from a good poster

Wishes Chris Roberts' movie, Squadron 42 was cancelled

It's good to see posters hammering away at the "open development" and "donations" arguments

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Well it's nice to see that some backers can recognize when they are being talked down too. Chris really answered that question poorly, "this annoys me" indeed.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Well...I'm loving shocked honestly. I knew it made its way there, but drat. That's the only time one of them has said anything even close to nice.
The only "negative" feedback I remember from the thread is Lethality (yes, that Lethality) saying that you weren't a Star Citizen backer and had links to Derek Smart. That "argument" fell upon deaf ears however. No one cared.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Sorry, that was me.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

HookedOnChthonics posted:

Alright, who's DogonCrook?

chrisplained to about what dreams really mean :laffo:

Goddamn it really is a nice phrase to use in response to these 10FTC bullshit.

BMan posted:

babby's first gifcam

:laffo:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Man, if I hadn't been banned back then it sure as hell would have happened this week.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Mirificus posted:

The only "negative" feedback I remember from the thread is Lethality (yes, that Lethality) saying that you weren't a Star Citizen backer and had links to Derek Smart. That "argument" fell upon deaf ears however. No one cared.

Yeah v pointed that out to me. Funny I didn't realize only backers were allowed to discuss SC. Someone needs to let the gaming press/bloggers know that. Clearly they've been doing it wrong.

That aside, I really do hope this is a real turning point for the backers.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

A Neurotic Jew posted:

literally less than a month ago. There have been some grumblings since the start of the new year, and when they effectively cancelled star marine on monday there has been a huge groundswell. Before that you very rarely saw it happen.
I've noticed a change in the air in the past couple of weeks in the RSI forums. There were no specific incidents until now but things seemed to be adding up.

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

or things have just hit the volume where the mod team can't keep up

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

BMan posted:

babby's first gifcam

Yes, yes, and yes.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Are they upvoting my comment? What the crap.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

CrazyTolradi posted:

They're literally the dumbest and most gullible people on the planet.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Derek, I'm still checking your twitter. Don't do this to me Derek. First you didn't pay for last week's misinformation and trolling and now this.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

They're literally the dumbest and most gullible people on the planet.
That would explain a lot.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

CrazyTolradi posted:

lol spergs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

G0RF posted:

As CIG employees play D&D, it looks like there's another girl to add to Sandi's magic mirror...

https://www.restorationhardware.com/catalog/product/product.jsp?productId=prod1870813&categoryId=cat3250041

• Locked thread