Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
December and January are the months F1 drivers use to rest from the other 10 months of traveling around the world drinking champagne, loving models and driving million dollar cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
I wish we had that for posting in this thread, keeping your posting A-game up 12 months a year leaves scars both physical and psychological

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

This is clearly more appealing to potential sponsors because no McLaRon has ever had a "cool spot" on it.

I would also accept "no McLaren has "speed" written all over it"

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

learnincurve posted:

Nando has been completely off the grid for nearly a month now as well, Spanish press don't know where he is either :ohdear:

(he said on twitter he would be back feb 1st)

Hes dead.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
He's not really dead. As long as we remember him.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Sorry we lost Fernando Alonso. The GP2 Driver.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

1500quidporsche posted:

He's not really dead. As long as we remember him.

Hell I don't.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

be nice wicka posted:

no one is putting an explosive device of any kind in an f1 car, end of discussion

Stewart-Ford tried it in 1997 with the Ford Zetec.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Good Engine.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Stewart owned.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Is that confirmed? It's a better tribute to the 312T than the 1993 Ferrari at least. Though the random rear end twitter handle doesn't really make it look real.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Not sure, I like the look of it tho.

Came from here via reddit > http://www.f1analisitecnica.com/2016/01/esclusiva-ferrari-con-livrea-bianco.html

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

It's a mockup, the caption says as much:

"Interpretazione di @Kappa224 sulla possibile livrea Ferrari"

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Oh good, their is drama after all. Pirelli didn't invite Mercedes to the tire test, they asked if they could come but pirelli said no four cars on track would "create too much spray" .

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

This is clearly more appealing to potential sponsors because no McLaRon has ever had a "cool spot" on it.

Certainly not that near where you install the Honda.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Apparently, Renault are looking to replace Pastor with some Norwegian weirdo:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/122625

Disagreement with PDVSA, they're saying. This is a travesty, Pastor is a good lad and doesn't deserve to be axed like this.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Doc Morbid posted:

Disagreement with PDVSA, they're saying. This is a travesty, Pastor is a good lad and doesn't deserve to be axed like this.

this is good.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Doc Morbid posted:

gently caress yes.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Pastor reported to be in talks with Manor, if this is about the amount of money his sponsors were willing to pay then they will probably take him for half of what Renault wanted.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
So we'll be seeing Pastor at Indy then?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

learnincurve posted:

Pastor reported to be in talks with Manor, if this is about the amount of money his sponsors were willing to pay then they will probably take him for half of what Renault wanted.

At least he'll be a loving back marker like he deserves.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Pastor didn't want that seat anyway

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Magnussen is as bad as Bottas but with teen angst

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
Is Helmut Marko mentally ill?

"Renault should focus its efforts on helping Red Bull rather than its own works teams in 2016, claims Helmut Marko."

I'm pretty sure his mouth-piece. Adultery Spice, has spent most of the past 9 months saying Renault are poo poo.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

lol I like how he straight calls lotus drivers poo poo.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

I haven't seen a Claire Williams post in pages so this thread is indeed quite bad right now.

I would explode my bolts into Claire Williams cockpit. If you know what I mean fellas :smug:

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Does anyone know why reddit has such a huge boner for Kevin Magnussssen? I know the obvious answer to that is "because it's reddit" but I just recall him as a child-man who didn't really stand out and got thrashed by his team mate

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

Norns posted:

lol I like how he straight calls lotus drivers poo poo.

As opposed to the driving team of an ungestated fetus of a frogman and the son of a cheating WRC driver :rolleyes:

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Brainwrong posted:

Does anyone know why reddit has such a huge boner for Kevin Magnussssen? I know the obvious answer to that is "because it's reddit" but I just recall him as a child-man who didn't really stand out and got thrashed by his team mate

No idea, maybe because he got hosed over by Ron so hard and it's trendy to hate Ron? v:v:v

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Brainwrong posted:

because they think mclaren were mean to him and because most of them don't watch F1 and just look back at results and say "oh well magnussen got a 2nd place and button didn't ergo magnussen is better"

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I would explode my bolts into Claire Williams cockpit. If you know what I mean fellas :smug:

My helmet would need protecting by her closed canopy if we ever rolled over together.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'd rather see Kevin Magnussen with a seat vs Pastor killing someone eventually.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
I'd rather see Pastor because at least he's entertaining instead of Kevin "Human Valium" Magnussen.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
The only thing Pastor is killing is Kimi's odds of remaining in that Ferrari seat the full year.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

1500quidporsche posted:

The only thing Pastor is killing is Kimi's odds of remaining in that Ferrari seat the full year.

Vettel will never agree to someone who would beat him to the championship on the other car. Which is why Ferrari should put Pastor in Vettle's car

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Please develop some self control so that you can avoid making these posts in the future.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

magnussen is far superior to pastor but he's still not very good and much less entertaining so yeah i'm in two minds about this

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

Hand Knit posted:

Please develop some self control so that you can avoid making these posts in the future.

I'd let Clare Williams control my post in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

El Hefe posted:

I'd rather see Pastor because at least he's entertaining instead of Kevin "Human Valium" Magnussen.

This is the right opinion to have. Pastor is the shittest driver on the grid but everyone rags on him endlessly and then he crashes doing something stupid like forgetting to turn left. These are things that make this tap water of a sport enjoyable.

• Locked thread