Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

MustardFacial posted:

This is the right opinion to have.

Exactly. Him and Max "The Boss" Vercrappen are the best things to happen to the sport recently. I'd rather have hot-headed dicks than ice-cool robots like Kimi Ericcssson, Kimi Magnussen and Kimi Kimi Raikonnen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
Hella racism in this thread.

This is what we get from having a nazi car win both championships.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

1500quidporsche posted:

Hella racism in this thread.

This is what we get from having a nazi car win both championships.

Um excuse, but that is completely inaccurate. Calling it nazi implies only Germans worked on it!
However, we do actually know it's a wonderful cooperation between the British and German master races to produce the ultimate Aryan car.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
If Pastor is in a Manor he'll be in such a slow car that it'll get lapped by Benzes all the time and therefore will be far more likely to kill Lewis or Nico than before.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

MustardFacial posted:

This is the right opinion to have. Pastor is the shittest driver on the grid but everyone rags on him endlessly and then he crashes doing something stupid like forgetting to turn left. These are things that make this tap water of a sport enjoyable.

There are shittier drivers.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Brainwrong posted:

Exactly. Him and Max "The Boss" Vercrappen are the best things to happen to the sport recently. I'd rather have hot-headed dicks than ice-cool robots like Kimi Ericcssson, Kimi Magnussen and Kimi Kimi Raikonnen.

You want hot dicks in your rear end.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Don't worry, if the glorious scud rise to dominance then Lewis going nuts on track and Nico's complete and utter mental breakdown will be all the entertainment we will need.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Hilarious. The man is a national treasure.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
at least he's not as bad as Petrov or rookie Grosjean.

Looking forward to seeing if Palmer can keep the Lotus tradition alive.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

AgentJotun posted:

gently caress this thread is even worse then usual atm.

Haven't seen you post in a while. Hope you are doing well. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.

poty posted:

I wish we had that for posting in this thread, keeping your posting A-game up 12 months a year leaves scars both physical and psychological

lol

Pretty great that Pastor is on his way out. Not only is he far too inconsistent and reckless of driver he's also ugly as sin.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Hand Knit posted:

Please develop some self control so that you can avoid making these posts in the future.

Are people still reporting me for this poo poo? Lmfbo

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

AgentJotun posted:

gently caress this thread is even worse then usual atm.

Especially with all this racism against 2012 Spanish Grand Prix Winner Pastor Maldonado.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

I want to believe.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

What team is that?

Edit: Lotus?

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

darth cookie posted:

What team is that?

Edit: Lotus?

I'm guessing, and I know this is a stretch, but I think it may well be Renault.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Waiting for some smartarse designer to come up with a dazzle ship style livery design to gently caress up overtakes in corners

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

Human Grand Prix posted:

I want to believe.

:gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz:

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Kmag may be decent but I have doubts as to whether Palmer is any good. Certainly not better than Maldonado.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

djssniper posted:

Waiting for some smartarse designer to come up with a dazzle ship style livery design to gently caress up overtakes in corners

Red Bull literally did this in testing last year

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Tsaedje posted:

Then Kvyat broke their only front wing on the way to the track on the first day of testing and had to crawl round all day. http://www.crash.net/f1/news/213335/1/frontwing-issue-limits-red-bull-laps.html

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
F1 2016 drivers salaries and bonuses revealed

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/552299/F1_2016_drivers_salaries_and_bonuses_revealed/

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Wish I could be paid $40m to drive a lovely f1 car. I'd be a robot but I'd be paid $40m.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Human Grand Prix posted:

Kmag may be decent but I have doubts as to whether Palmer is any good. Certainly not better than Maldonado.

Palmer was beating Pastor on the practice days last season so he is already proven faster than Pastor, bet he wont be as fun to watch though.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Tsaedje posted:

Yeah I saw that, not a true reflection of dazzle, more just fancy patterns

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Yeah, RB were just spergs trying to hide their aero.

Berger has gone soft in the heda

quote:

Gerhard Berger believes Rosberg is better than the rest of the current drivers in the field, with the exception of his team mate. “With any other driver as his team mate, Rosberg would have probably won the last two world championships.” Further, the ex-Austrain F1 driver believes Rosberg’s close of 2015 form can trouble his current team mate. “Hamilton appears to be walking on a tightrope,” says Berger. “He always appears close to losing his nerve so if Nico succeeds in rattling his confidence, then he will have a chance [of winning the WDC]”.
http://thejudge13.com/2016/01/29/nico-rosberg-better-than-vettel-or-alonso/

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

i've stopped listening to anything said by a current or former red bull/toro rosso employee because they're all loving retarded

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Of course Rosberg is better than the rest of the grid. His car is magnitudes better than every other car...it has very little to do with his boring driving style.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
"Ex-Austrain F1 driver".

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

Riso posted:

Yeah, RB were just spergs trying to hide their aero.

Berger has gone soft in the heda

http://thejudge13.com/2016/01/29/nico-rosberg-better-than-vettel-or-alonso/

Pretty funny that this came from one of F1's best examples of a great driver who was always a bridesmaid.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

love how all the red bull folks say "F1 needs to do X" when what they're really saying is "X would benefit red bull" and they expect people to care. they are truly abhorrent.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I think we can all agree that redbull is poo poo

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

"Ex-Austrain F1 driver".

Berger really was the worst of the Austrain F1 drivers.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

BTW Nice FC. If your curious about the AAS still, the shocks on my uncles GXL are made by Tokico.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

Human Grand Prix posted:

BTW Nice FC. If your curious about the AAS still, the shocks on my uncles GXL are made by Tokico.

Pardon?

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

Yeah I have a feeling saving the AAS is going to be dependent on the motors still working and then finding somebody willing to rebuild the shocks, I doubt anything currently made my tokico is a direct drop in but I'll look into it. I'm going to do some poo poo to it tomorrow so the thread should get updated tomorrow night or sunday morning.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

1500quidporsche posted:

I'm pretty sure Helmut Marko was worse. At least Berger won a bunch of races and didn't get his eye hosed up by a French stone.

edit: I think I missed a joke with the typo there but Helmut Marko is still the worst

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jan 29, 2016

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
Marko is literally worse than the Habsburgs.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

1500quidporsche posted:

Yeah I have a feeling saving the AAS is going to be dependent on the motors still working and then finding somebody willing to rebuild the shocks, I doubt anything currently made my tokico is a direct drop in but I'll look into it. I'm going to do some poo poo to it tomorrow so the thread should get updated tomorrow night or sunday morning.

Tokico doesn't make AAS shocks anymore. Last I checked you could still get replacements from Mazda*, but it was stupid expensive. The closest you can get is a Tien shock that uses EDFC. It's the same idea as AAS but a different system.

*This was 5-6 years ago.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

MustardFacial posted:

Tokico doesn't make AAS shocks anymore. Last I checked you could still get replacements from Mazda*, but it was stupid expensive. The closest you can get is a Tien shock that uses EDFC. It's the same idea as AAS but a different system.

*This was 5-6 years ago.

Yeah my uncle got them from his RX7 guy in 2012 but I think they may have been NOS. I think Mazda AAS shock are like $1400.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

George Zimmer posted:

Pretty funny that this came from one of F1's best examples of a great driver who was always a bridesmaid.
The most famous man ever to throw Ayrton Senna's suitcase out of a helicopter

• Locked thread