Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Midnight Voyager posted:

I will never stop laughing until I scream at the phrase "privileged to give Chris our money." They know that the privilege is HIS, right? Privilege is something positive, not a negative. Not having money is a negative.
Privileged and blessed.

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

pftc posted:

That's him.

Poor guy has a pretty bad case of jaundice too :(

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

pftc posted:

That's him.

I hope that's the lego Chris Roberts steps on when I hope he steps on a lego.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

quote:

I believe he will give us something amazing. And I believe that most of us believe he will give us something amazing with our help. But nobody is entitled to his vision for even one minute.

3 believes, 2 amazings and 1 vision.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Decrepus posted:

Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

I actually heard that in the narrator's voice in my head when I read your post.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Ravane posted:

So... the shitizens have literally just devolved to posting bullshit about Uncle Derek now (not that they weren't before, but they're calling him a massive sexist now).

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/435y5g/derek_smart_locked_thread_without_reply_regarding/

In this thread, they're calling him a sexist for having skimpy female armor. One of the dudes tweeted him about the "hypersexualisation of female characters".

A picture of the armor is below. There's literally no skin showing. And his game has women in it unlike Sausage Citizen :psyduck:

Hey gently caress you shitizens - DS nephew

Archive this:
....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

Yeah, one of them post that poo poo in my game's Steam forum where I responded

quote:

It's a game. It's fantasy. No explanations required.

FYI : I added two women characters to the game and made a big deal about it.

But that wasn't enough; he came chasing me in my Twitter feed:

https://twitter.com/TaySwifty/status/692852393260642305

Where he subsequently got what he deserved (it wasn't pretty). Some gems:

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/692857092445597698

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/692858110185066497

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

LEGO cripple even comes with 'Cancer Beanie' accessory.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

spacetoaster posted:

It finally happened! AND IT'S ALL OUR FAULT!!

I feel horrible! And all of YOU should too!!

BTW thanks to the guy who gave me the background.

:vince:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kilmers Elbow posted:

Will there be g-forces inside my crate as I wait to jump out and rape the reckless pilot who thought he could save a few gallons of fuel by skimming the edge of the Stimpire?

Only if you put the crate on the pilot's seat.

That is called immersion.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

spacetoaster posted:

lol this is starting to just get perverse, it's an overload of schadenfraude

SeldomSeen
Apr 26, 2003

True Story...

This thread has inspired me. I got a rescue cat so I can read this thread while petting him and laughing my rear end off.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/42so2y/star_citizen_hater_converted/czdhbvr

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

pre-ordering a game (see: the official launch of S42 preorders after CitCon) doesn't entitle you to the game, trolls!

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

SeldomSeen posted:

This thread has inspired me. I got a rescue cat so I can read this thread while petting him and laughing my rear end off.

A black catte too, how appropriate.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

Every time I clicked next page, there was another page today!

But this has been an amazing week. EightAce, you should avoid posting here entirely, and write up an amazing tell all story which you can release once this whole thing comes grinding to a halt.

:boom: January for Star Citizen.

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

Madcosby posted:

i am a smug, ama

what are your opinions on :smug: :smuggo: :smugdog:?????

Do you wear pants?????

What is a smug????

spacetoaster posted:

This is great, now Croberts doesn't have to spend 36 hours straight writing the farewell letter when this game crashes.

Hopper posted:

So what if Crobberts decides "aww gently caress it" and the next thing you see is a movie poster:

Coming soon to a cinema near you:
Squadron 42
An animated sci-first tale extraordinaire, with Gary Parp, Gillian X-Files and Mark Beefcake!

Dreams, dreams happen now...

I would prefer a 2 hour movie I can go to watch and make fun of with other people than a 5 episode game where each episode costs $40 and contains 5 hours of cutscenes and 1 hour of gameplay. Actually that makes me wonder, did CRoberts film all the cutscenes with this AAA stars or is he going to need to get them back in the MOCAP studio when they start working on SQ42 Episode 2?

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
When the SQ42 movie comes out (prob a $12 rental on their site, free for conceirge members, proceeds go towards finishing the game), we should all be sure to watch it at the exact same moment, then live thread rifftrax the whole thing

PROMISE ME

*cuts palm, jpgs come out*

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

spacetoaster posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/436mmx/farewell_citizens_a_future_blogpost_from_chris/

:)

e: They don't appear to have a sense of humour :(

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jan 29, 2016

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I got captured by the stimpire and they removed all of my body except my head and my left wrist and part of my waist and put me in a bouncy room where my pain was amplified by 4x every 2.3 seconds :rip:

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

hakimashou posted:

I got captured by the stimpire and they removed all of my body except my head and my left wrist and part of my waist and put me in a bouncy room where my pain was amplified by 4x every 2.3 seconds :rip:

:rip: your genitals

The_Groove
Mar 15, 2003

Supersonic compressible convection in the sun
sataball lookin good

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

hakimashou posted:

They must have realized you are a goon. goodbye commando

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Madcosby posted:

When the SQ42 movie comes out (prob a $12 rental on their site, free for conceirge members, proceeds go towards finishing the game), we should all be sure to watch it at the exact same moment, then live thread rifftrax the whole thing

PROMISE ME

I would take a day off work to do this.

The day off would be the day after we watch it as my brain tries to unscramble itself.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/42rsq8/about_star_marine_serious/czfms5k

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

oh no, the shitposting is coming from inside the community

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

hakimashou posted:

And people were saying it looked like Doom3 even before they added flying heads.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

I wonder what communities this psycho has managed and I wonder if anyone was left alive.

SeldomSeen
Apr 26, 2003

True Story...

Madcosby posted:

PROMISE ME

Lets get Mike Nelson in on this.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I wonder what communities this psycho has managed and I wonder if anyone was left alive.

i bet he was the silent hill wiki male circumcision admin guy

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

hakimashou posted:

I'm just so glad they took the time to make Star Marine look so perfect before putting it into the PU.

" Where Star Marine differs from Arena Commander is that we’re not launching it in its most basic game. Instead, we’re trying for something more. It includes animation fidelity and attention to detail that you wouldn’t normally expect in an “alpha” gameplay module. There’s even an entire sci-fi sports game with zero-G movement fully simulated and animated in there! (And don’t worry, there’s traditional FPS action too… with some new ideas that aim to set Star Citizen apart from the crowd.)"

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

SeldomSeen posted:

would pet.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

SeldomSeen posted:

what a sweetheart

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
I wonder if the backers realize how much they're being bait-and-switched. Chris only ever wanted to make his loving lovely movie, and he was always willing to sacrifice every other module at that altar. Now they're near the end of their funds, all spent trying to build all of the modules like Star Marine, the PTU, and so on, but with Chris's time-proven stupidity and mismanagement turning all that cash, and all that work, into a fine mist of piss on a summer breeze.

So now here we are, with all of the remaining funds being poured into the shittiest single-player space game we're ever likely to see in our lifetimes. Why do people think they need more bug-testing on Arena Commander? Why the sudden laser-like focus on SQ42, when until now all the focus and all the fanfare was on the PU and Star Marine? Because with their remaining funds, Chris cannot complete SQ42 unless he diverts all resources to it. Every other module experiment is now a failure and a write-off. This is it - this is where the last of the money is going.

This is what Chris wanted to do, so he did it with the money given to him for another product, and another promise, entirely.

This was never about building a universe. It was about attempting to build a universe on the side, while fulfilling his personal desires as the main goal, front and center.

He could have chosen to scrap SQ42 and put all resources on the PU that all his backers want, but he didn't. Backers got a hangar so they could see their ships and fantasize about their upcoming experiences, they got Arena Commander so they could better imagine what they would be like in combat, and they got the PTU, a barely-functional glimpse of how it would all tie together. Chris Roberts was not able to deliver both that universe, that the backers voted for with their dollars, AND the single-player mo-cap travesty he's trying to poo poo out right now, before the funds started to dry up. So Chris Roberts had to make a choice.

Backers should never, ever forget that when the money got tight, and Chris had the tough choice on which part of the game to concentrate on, he chose himself. He chose to use backer money to build his personal pet project, and ignore the very project whose promise generated those funds in the first place.

It's only January, but I'm going to nominate Chris Roberts for the rear end in a top hat of the Year award. Good job commando - you've earned it.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

That's too bad. I was laughing the entire 5 minutes I was typing that.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Scruffpuff posted:

I wonder if the backers realize how much they're being bait-and-switched. Chris only ever wanted to make his loving lovely movie, and he was always willing to sacrifice every other module at that altar. Now they're near the end of their funds, all spent trying to build all of the modules like Star Marine, the PTU, and so on, but with Chris's time-proven stupidity and mismanagement turning all that cash, and all that work, into a fine mist of piss on a summer breeze.

So now here we are, with all of the remaining funds being poured into the shittiest single-player space game we're ever likely to see in our lifetimes. Why do people think they need more bug-testing on Arena Commander? Why the sudden laser-like focus on SQ42, when until now all the focus and all the fanfare was on the PU and Star Marine? Because with their remaining funds, Chris cannot complete SQ42 unless he diverts all resources to it. Every other module experiment is now a failure and a write-off. This is it - this is where the last of the money is going.

This is what Chris wanted to do, so he did it with the money given to him for another product, and another promise, entirely.

This was never about building a universe. It was about attempting to build a universe on the side, while fulfilling his personal desires as the main goal, front and center.

He could have chosen to scrap SQ42 and put all resources on the PU that all his backers want, but he didn't. Backers got a hangar so they could see their ships and fantasize about their upcoming experiences, they got Arena Commander so they could better imagine what they would be like in combat, and they got the PTU, a barely-functional glimpse of how it would all tie together. Chris Roberts was not able to deliver both that universe, that the backers voted for with their dollars, AND the single-player mo-cap travesty he's trying to poo poo out right now, before the funds started to dry up. So Chris Roberts had to make a choice.

Backers should never, ever forget that when the money got tight, and Chris had the tough choice on which part of the game to concentrate on, he chose himself. He chose to use backer money to build his personal pet project, and ignore the very project whose promise generated those funds in the first place.

It's only January, but I'm going to nominate Chris Roberts for the rear end in a top hat of the Year award. Good job commando - you've earned it.

Not only that, but what others have said about moving money around like some kind of shell game, I think, is the final kill shot for this "game". Which game studio out of the 15 or whatever is next to get a cash injection?

Whole thing is shady as gently caress.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
You know, less than two weeks ago this thread was starting to get boring. Thankfully the one thing CIG can deliver with regularity is hilarious incompetence.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Did someone at cig seriously otherize that Hutchins guy by calling him "a leaver"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I forgot to post this.

Here is a cat eating a watermelon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr_4ud8j5-I

• Locked thread