Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

TTerrible posted:

gently caress, I want whatever the high admiral one is.

High Admiral or double-down for Grand Admiral

But this is Star Citizen, commando, and the sky is the limit when we can steal $15,000 jpegs as easily as I have this one -

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

Good video but I really hated the effect on his voice as he was speaking? Did he speed it up? And who is James and why should I care. So many questions.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Did someone at cig seriously otherize that Hutchins guy by calling him "a leaver"

Ya it was Ben :lesnick: on Twitter.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Hey DigitalMocking, learn anything interesting from your latest webstats? Most curious if you had any interesting visitors or referrers. Hit count would be nice to know as well. Not expecting radical numbers but am curious a ballpark of visits. If you have a google analytics graph of it it would be just as interesting.

I really find it interesting that it seems like the Reddit mods blocked upvoting on the main article. It still shows 0 on my Reddit-- yet over 180 comments means engagement was high. Curious how it would've fared if mods hadn't kneecapped it- but knowing the governor they put on it, traffic was semi-decent when last you updated us. (Better than it would've been had it stayed in thread.)

Thanks, man!

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.
So ben's ign is banditloaf?

Wtf does that even mean?

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

iminers posted:

Wtf does that even mean?

no one should be accountable to their usernames

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
Literally the boogeymen of Star Citizen: A non-game

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/434fq6/what_are_you_afraid_of_seeing_when_the_game_is/

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Ghostlight posted:

High Admiral or double-down for Grand Admiral

But this is Star Citizen, commando, and the sky is the limit when we can steal $15,000 jpegs as easily as I have this one -

Thankyou commando o9

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Did someone at cig seriously otherize that Hutchins guy by calling him "a leaver"

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

iminers posted:

Wtf does that even mean?

Bread thief?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

iminers posted:

Wtf does that even mean?
Sometimes you have to steal all the carbs.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mrking posted:

Good video but I really hated the effect on his voice as he was speaking? Did he speed it up? And who is James and why should I care. So many questions.

They speed it up yeah.

Also James is some dope who worked on a game at some notable studio once but now doesn't really do much but talk about games and how they're made.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

mrking posted:

Yes, it's filtered a bit to keep him a “cartoon persona” rather than some clearly identifiable “that guy”. James is the more public face of the team and is and identifiable guy, largely because it's part of his job. He does some kind of game design consulting and a lot of public speaking on the topic. He's reasonably well known and hiding him doesn't serve any purpose.

If you look for some of their other videos (notably the gameplay ones), you can hear what he actually sounds like.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Jason Sextro posted:

I had literally never heard of this game at all until, I think, last month. It's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen - I literally can't comprehend donating tens of thousands of dollars for a ship that they just want to simulate the mundane. It breaks my brain every time I try to make sense of it.

Aww, that's cute, you think there are actual ships. Ask to see a (insert non-implemented ship here) in game.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
Is "more cushion for the pushing" a thing when it comes to prison rape? Asking for a friend.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/306794/unmelt-is-live/p19

I first thought this was a goon troll but he's a $125+ backer so lol.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
leavers
http://i.imgur.com/q1Sbunb.gifv

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

A Neurotic Jew posted:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/306794/unmelt-is-live/p19

I first thought this was a goon troll but he's a $125+ backer so lol.

that's the thing, in any sane game the hugely priced packages would come with everything from the lower tiers too. All this unmelting and token crap is just a huge money grabbing, frustration machine.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

goons may be unlovable trash but starfleet dental's glory cannot be denied apparently

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin

G0RF posted:

Hey DigitalMocking, learn anything interesting from your latest webstats? Most curious if you had any interesting visitors or referrers. Hit count would be nice to know as well. Not expecting radical numbers but am curious a ballpark of visits. If you have a google analytics graph of it it would be just as interesting.

I really find it interesting that it seems like the Reddit mods blocked upvoting on the main article. It still shows 0 on my Reddit-- yet over 180 comments means engagement was high. Curious how it would've fared if mods hadn't kneecapped it- but knowing the governor they put on it, traffic was semi-decent when last you updated us. (Better than it would've been had it stayed in thread.)

Thanks, man!

This is for today:

code:
#reqs	site
409	[url]http://forums.somethingawful.com/[/url]
387	[url]https://www.reddit.com/[/url]
139	[url]http://www.hard-light.net/[/url]
26	[url]http://forums.mmorpg.com/[/url]
17	[url]http://forum.star-citizen.pro/[/url]
14	[url]https://t.co/[/url]
13	[url]http://www.thegamesmachine.it/[/url]
9	[url]https://as.reddit.com/[/url]
7	[url]http://www.lampfleet.com/[/url]
code:
United States	us	502	502	8.93 MB	Pages: 502 Hits: 502
Great Britain	gb	100	100	1.90 MB	Pages: 100 Hits: 100
Germany	de	63	63	1.11 MB	Pages: 63Hits: 63
Canada	ca	57	57	1.05 MB	Pages: 57 Hits: 57
Australia	au	44	44	800.84 KB	Pages: 44 Hits: 44
Netherlands	nl	25	25	440.14 KB	Pages: 25 Hits: 25
Russian Federation	ru	18	18	340.50 KB	Pages: 18 Hits: 18
Finland	fi	17	17	319.96 KB	Pages: 17 Hits: 17
Italy	it	16	16	320.47 KB	Pages: 16 Hits: 16
France	fr	14	14	279.91 KB	Pages: 14 Hits: 14
Sweden	se	14	14	260.21 KB	Pages: 14 Hits: 14
Austria	at	11	11	200.29 KB	Pages: 11 Hits: 11
Portugal	pt	9	9	159.90 KB	Pages: 9 Hits: 9
Switzerland	ch	9	9	159.90 KB	Pages: 9 Hits: 9
Ireland	ie	8	8	140.21 KB	Pages: 8 Hits: 8
Denmark	dk	7	7	120.01 KB	Pages: 7 Hits: 7
Estonia	ee	7	7	40.06 KB	Pages: 7 Hits: 7
New Zealand	nz	7	7	120.18 KB	Pages: 7 Hits: 7
Spain	es	5	5	100.15 KB	Pages: 5 Hits: 5 
Japan	jp	5	5	99.81 KB	Pages: 5 Hits: 5
Poland	pl	5	5	99.98 KB	Pages: 5 Hits: 5

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
That guy must be in sfd. They're the only ones who mention themselves

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

starkebn posted:

that's the thing, in any sane game the hugely priced packages would come with everything from the lower tiers too. All this unmelting and token crap is just a huge money grabbing, frustration machine.

Yep, plus this is a game where what a ship even is changes with every patch or "redesign". This is such a blatant gently caress you to backers. To the point where people on the RSI forums simply refuse to believe it's happening.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

drat, son.
:drat:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Cao Ni Ma posted:

that someone is Fats "t-Rex" Lesnick

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

All right goons. You need a platinum account to read this message says you all know the deal. We've spent the last couple of years joining all the orgs (that matter) involved in star citizen. Some of you are more involved in their activities than others. Doesn't matter. Start You need a platinum account to read this message.

Don't do enough to get kicked out if you can help it. Just sow the seeds of discontent and/or help them grow.

Star Citizen is failing, let's have fun tearing these tryhard orgs apart.

Goonspeed.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

alf_pogs posted:

goons may be unlovable trash but starfleet dental's glory cannot be denied apparently

Didn't Starfleet Dental first appear in Star Wars: Galaxies, where the joke was putting confusing Star Trek poo poo in Star Wars?

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Ilustforponydeath posted:

I know this, yet it didn't stop me from putting about thirty bucks into the harebrained mechwarrior kickstarter.
Nostalgia.

I gave Harebrained money because they went above and beyond to earn my trust with the Shadowrun kickstarters. I'm not a hugely familiar with Mechwarrior outside of LPs, but it looked interesting and I trust Harebrained to put out a solid product, so I figured it was worth a shot.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
"No statements about incompetent traitorous rear end in a top hat leavers. They deserve privacy"

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Quick someone make a cig store credit standard joke.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

If I leave in the thread do I leave in real life?

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

trucutru posted:

"No statements about incompetent traitorous rear end in a top hat leavers. They deserve privacy"

I think it might be more "No attention for incompetent traitorous rear end in a top hat leavers. They could have been legends like US, SAVIORS of PC gaming! Now history will forget them forever!"

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

spacetoaster posted:

All right goons. You need a platinum account to read this message says you all know the deal. We've spent the last couple of years joining all the orgs (that matter) involved in star citizen. Some of you are more involved in their activities than others. Doesn't matter. Start You need a platinum account to read this message.

Don't do enough to get kicked out if you can help it. Just sow the seeds of discontent and/or help them grow.

Star Citizen is failing, let's have fun tearing these tryhard orgs apart.

Goonspeed.

You got it captain, should I You need a platinum account to read this message?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

alf_pogs posted:

was there anything of interest in the latest ATV?

i tried listening to it but after five seconds of "casual banter" from ben and sandi while refusing to talk about anything of substance i ragequit

Did they finger each other at least?

JacksAngryBiome
Oct 23, 2014
Anything important happen since Christmas?

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Eonwe posted:

chris and sandi if you are reading this thread

you are not getting back in hollywood

the only reason actors are giving you the time of day now is because you are paying them a lot of money, it doesn't mean you are 'in'

This post sums up the entire Star Citizen saga.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

JacksAngryBiome posted:

star marine cancelled. so what.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

JacksAngryBiome posted:

Star Marine is already in the game already, stop loving asking about it you loving arsehole. :argh:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

TTerrible posted:

Am I understanding this unmelt token thing properly?

The original plan was that stor credit could be used, then there was a miscommunication and turbulent implemented it incorrectly so that only cash could be used. Ben promised a fix was in the works and now people get one use unmelt tokens?

Does anyon have the screenshot of bens promises?

Pretty sure you nailed it. And that "miscommunication" took many many weeks to "correct." And by "correct" I mean "Given one unmelt token and told to go gently caress themselves after they'd used it, even if they'd melted thousands of dollars worth of ships in order use "credit" to get back things they'd melted previously."

Add Turbulent to the list of retards that can't competently do what CIG tells them to do, just like Illfonic couldn't. Or anyone. Not CIGs fault. Even if CIG hired them to do supervised work that they paid them millions for, still not CIGs fault, just means they're sneaky and liars and managed to pull one over on old crobberts. Doesn't at all mean that he's an out of touch mush mouthed retard that's incapable of directing his vidya game properly.

bird with big dick fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Jan 29, 2016

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

So, ive been chain watching old Linus Tech Tips videos on youtube and came across this gem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYG-7T2LVDc&t=151s

hint: theres something there.

I wonder what Linus thinks about the current Star Citizen stuff going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

grimcreaper posted:

So, ive been chain watching old Linus Tech Tips videos on youtube and came across this gem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYG-7T2LVDc&t=151s

hint: theres something there.

I wonder what Linus thinks about the current Star Citizen stuff going on.

I got no audio atm but wtf is a 792p or that the joke?

• Locked thread