Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

imgay posted:

i haven't logged in in awhile, been up in the korean game too deep

dont miss the value man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i guess, i can't figure out the reason i keep playing this game though

oh thats why

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
lol thats ridiculous

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
dont be shaming me

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
so hey lets lynch anon. Like i jailed her 2 nights in a row and no kills happened so thats a thing, but with this whole summon thing, even if she ends up flipping town, then at that point lil mac is confirmed town based on anons claim. There is way to much of a likelihood based on my claim that anon was the scum attempting the night kill the first 2 nights, and the worst case scenario of lynching her is we end up with a confirmed town player. Cant lose

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ya but giving littlemac a night lets him make another scum

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also mad dumbsaying scum comes back as confirmed town since they already would know who the scum team is. Why would u claim something so retarded anarc

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
##vote Little Mac

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
You're right that is dumb. But that's not at all what I said or what happened. I summoned someone completely new, not a scum who died.

It's interesting that you say that though And I'm wondering if you have some extra setup knowledge. My given role was that I could return someone to life. But since everyone who died was scum, Tomm said he reworked some setup stuff and I could instead summon someone new.

You're suspicious af right now.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

imgay posted:

but littlemac can seed dudes

imgay posted:

Ya but giving littlemac a night lets him make another scum

How do you know this? I don't think mac was serious when he said he was the beast :\

JakeP posted:

so hey lets lynch anon. Like i jailed her 2 nights in a row and no kills happened so thats a thing, but with this whole summon thing, even if she ends up flipping town, then at that point lil mac is confirmed town based on anons claim. There is way to much of a likelihood based on my claim that anon was the scum attempting the night kill the first 2 nights, and the worst case scenario of lynching her is we end up with a confirmed town player. Cant lose

If jake's right then we would be in a great place, with 2 scum down and one confirmed town, in a 11 player game, I'd say that's good odds for the rest of the game

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

You're right that is dumb. But that's not at all what I said or what happened. I summoned someone completely new, not a scum who died.

It's interesting that you say that though And I'm wondering if you have some extra setup knowledge. My given role was that I could return someone to life. But since everyone who died was scum, Tomm said he reworked some setup stuff and I could instead summon someone new.

lol what

i refuse to play against the mod but that's ridiculous!

FilthIncarnate
Aug 13, 2007

Weird owl has life all figured out
I'm a little rusty: are votes reset at the end of the day or am I still voting Anonymous?

Because I'd like to keep my vote there, thank you very much.

Flying Leatherman posted:

If jake's right then we would be in a great place, with 2 scum down and one confirmed town, in a 11 player game, I'd say that's good odds for the rest of the game

I disagree; I think that, unless there's a mechanic somewhere to prevent beast seeding, this game might actually be unwinnable.

But I guess we'll find out.

preview edit:

##vote AnonymousNarcotics

just so we're clear.

Second preview edit:

TheCog posted:

This post is pretty bleh, the first line reads like scum pretending to be overly happy over something they're not.

The second is almost forcibly non-nonchalant.

The last line is... probably bullshit, but it does sound like something someone not reading the thread carefully might thing.

I'm not actually gonna vote yet, because I'd like the day to last more than 12 hours.

As I said yesterday:

that is a scumpost.

I'm glad we agree.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Also even if Met was apparently not lying about being an alignment cop, he was beast-aligned and lied about who he visited so :shrug:

The lack of a NK makes Jake's way of thinking seem pretty legit.

FilthIncarnate
Aug 13, 2007

Podima posted:

lol what

i refuse to play against the mod but that's ridiculous!

I suspect this game is unwinnable, but goddamn if I'm not going to try.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

FilthIncarnate posted:

I'm a little rusty: are votes reset at the end of the day or am I still voting Anonymous?

Votes get reset at the end of each day yeah.

FilthIncarnate
Aug 13, 2007

Podima posted:

Also even if Met was apparently not lying about being an alignment cop, he was beast-aligned and lied about who he visited so :shrug:

The lack of a NK makes Jake's way of thinking seem pretty legit.

Your claim from yesterday is vindicated; thanks for being cool, man.

Unfortunately since the beast can seed and mutate people and poo poo the fact that you were town yesterday might now be totally meaningless but :shrug:

Preview edit:

Podima posted:

Votes get reset at the end of each day yeah.

Thank you.

FilthIncarnate
Aug 13, 2007

I propose we kill Anonymous and jail little mac.

I'm open to further discussion, however.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
actually hang on a tick

FilthIncarnate posted:

I disagree; I think that, unless there's a mechanic somewhere to prevent beast seeding, this game might actually be unwinnable.

But I guess we'll find out.

FilthIncarnate posted:

I suspect this game is unwinnable, but goddamn if I'm not going to try.

but... we killed two beast-aligned people in a row? :confused: This comes off as a very strange opinion when you actually think about the context of the game and who might be concerned about unwinnability

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

FilthIncarnate posted:

I propose we kill Anonymous and jail little mac.

I'm open to further discussion, however.

Actually, if you're right about the seed mechanic, this makes perfect sense. If ANarc flips beast tonight and Mac is jailed, he wouldn't be able to spread the seed (assuming Kash's flip is accurate in terms of how the mechanic works). The roles that we've seen so far kind of make sense given that.

From Kash's flip:

quote:

only one person may be seeded at a time, even if you can seed a new person each night, only the most recent seed, is considered seeded

so if we can successfully kill the current seeder and jail the seed, we can win.

It's all a little speculative, but it's a reasonable theory to test today.

##Vote: ANarc

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
The thing is we vigged the beast day 1 before he could have seeded anyone. If this is just some stupid gimmick disguised as a mafia game where the mod is just loving with us I will be pretty disapointed that I didn't sign up for a real mafia game. I am confused as to how Met could have been turned unless there were multiple beasts, or the mod just didn't want to let go of their gimmick and beasted some rando.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

JakeP posted:

The thing is we vigged the beast day 1 before he could have seeded anyone. If this is just some stupid gimmick disguised as a mafia game where the mod is just loving with us I will be pretty disapointed that I didn't sign up for a real mafia game. I am confused as to how Met could have been turned unless there were multiple beasts, or the mod just didn't want to let go of their gimmick and beasted some rando.

I'm just as confused as you are - but occam's razor, we vigged someone with a killing role on d1 and you jailed the same person n1/n2 and there was no kill

Either anarc is a second killing role or, as someone else said, the doc has been batting 1.000. scum could be withholding kills but that seems tremendously unlikely 2 days in a row.

if anarc flips beast, cool, we nail little mac and we're done. if she flips town then we lynch tommunist

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Also if ANarc flips beast this will be the second time you've personally solved a game largely through lucky night action choices!

FilthIncarnate
Aug 13, 2007

JakeP posted:

I am unironically okay with this game no matter how things turn out?

It's been fun and interesting.

Podima posted:

actually hang on a tick

but... we killed two beast-aligned people in a row? :confused: This comes off as a very strange opinion when you actually think about the context of the game and who might be concerned about unwinnability

Looking at Kashuno's flip, the seed mechanic seems like it means it's potentially mechanically impossible to eliminate all Beast-aligned players, especially since the seeding process works alongside the nightkill instead of in lieu of it.

i.e. unless the town has resources I don't know about to shut seeding down, there might be no way the town can win.

But, again, this is setup speculation and therefore useless.

I mention it only now, after I've already made my case and placed my vote.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

FilthIncarnate posted:

I am unironically okay with this game no matter how things turn out?

It's been fun and interesting.

I just don't like being tricked into playing experimental non mafia games that are specifically labled mafia, but that might not even be the case and there might actually be a scum team

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

FilthIncarnate posted:

Looking at Kashuno's flip, the seed mechanic seems like it means it's potentially mechanically impossible to eliminate all Beast-aligned players, especially since the seeding process works alongside the nightkill instead of in lieu of it.

The thing is Kashuno never had an opportunity to seed anyone, yet Met was somehow seeded and turned anyway. If it was similar to kash's role this could only have happened if a beast died after seeding him, which was impossible, since kash died before night 1, and no one else died between him and Met

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
and if anon is telling the truth about her role and flips town then I don't even know what to say

"yeah sure I will let you modify your role into something it isn't and summon an additional player into the game that sounds fine!!!" isn't something a mod should ever say

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##vote anon thought i was voting anon

FilthIncarnate
Aug 13, 2007

JakeP posted:

and if anon is telling the truth about her role and flips town then I don't even know what to say

Right?

JakeP posted:

The thing is Kashuno never had an opportunity to seed anyone, yet Met was somehow seeded and turned anyway. If it was similar to kash's role this could only have happened if a beast died after seeding him, which was impossible, since kash died before night 1, and no one else died between him and Met

That's true, as far as we know.

I'm just operating under the assumption that we have no idea what is happening rolewise this game and that it'll be a better strategy to scumhunt traditionally.

Speaking of which: if Rarity's been seeded, we might just be letting them coast to victory on the strength of their successful dayvig.

But I don't know that we should tear ourselves to paranoid pieces yet.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
A thought I had along those lines - do dayvigs usually end the day? I haven't seen town dayvigs do that, and it seems kinda anti-town to remove the town's ability to lynch for a day.

FilthIncarnate
Aug 13, 2007

Podima posted:

A thought I had along those lines - do dayvigs usually end the day? I haven't seen town dayvigs do that, and it seems kinda anti-town to remove the town's ability to lynch for a day.

I've seen things work like that before; I've also seen dayvigs not end the day, tho.

Often it boils down to moderator preference.

I don't know that we should read into it.

FilthIncarnate
Aug 13, 2007

I'm talking too much.

I'd like to hear more from Rarity, Opop, Anon, and LittleMac; I'll be quiet until we do.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

JakeP posted:

I can see it being possible if there was a pregame action that we weren't told about (which might make sense if Kash was the only scum dude originally). That's about all I can come up with, though.

FilthIncarnate posted:

Speaking of which: if Rarity's been seeded, we might just be letting them coast to victory on the strength of their successful dayvig.

I can't figure out a set of actions where this would happen. The only way that she could be scum (assuming this is still a game of mafia and not something wacky and experimental) is if she started as scum.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Podima posted:

They usually don't, I don't think it makes sense to try to make an alignment call on how this mod decided to handle a vig, it could go either way.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

FilthIncarnate posted:

I mean I am not, I am just voting anon because she is very likely scum. If people are still being seeded there is no scum hunting that will win this game, its just random as gently caress. Its not like someone who gets seeded is going to suddenly act differently and become scummy.

If there isn't a mafia team then this game is a crapshoot

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Podima posted:

it seems kinda anti-town to remove the town's ability to lynch for a day.

And yes this is true, but if Rarity is scum she is going to say she didn't know it would end the day

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
Eh, I have a pretty strong town read on Rarity, not at all based on her vig, which is non-alignment dependent.

I'm not going to treat this any differently than a real mafia game, because if there are two beasts and two+ scum then we're hosed anyway. You can play the game, but you can't play the mods.

Right now, my scum list:
imgay
AnonymousNarcotics: Thematically, it might make sense to have a role that summons the beast. I also don't know what to make of it, I have never seen a role that did anything like this. Resurrection? Yeah, summon random player from out of the game? No. But the jailing is indicative.

My "are you even playing this game" list:
Opopanax: You've made 5 posts, of which one is a lovely "I bet we mislynched!" post, which frankly, makes me wonder if you're mafia and we're just swimming in a pool of mafia.

gently caress it, this game is weird. I'm going to vote Anonymous, but I would like for the day to play out a little longer so I'm not going to vote for him yet.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I have no idea what's going on

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Opopanax posted:

I have no idea what's going on

just vote anon

JakeP