Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AfroKen
Dec 3, 2015

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Oh god him reading jhonen vasquez would be the loving worst.

not to derail this thread, but...what's the goon consensus on JV? With respect to both his output and his work as a person. Wouldn't he be considered a "contemporary" of Andrew Hussie? Hussie's news posts on MSPA read like something Jhonen would write, except less tryhard more clever. Vasquez obviously has a lousy fanbase but have they ever done anything as depraved as recorded a spit bucket being passed around inside a McDonalds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I never liked the guy.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Money, chicken thigh, mirror.

the three sacred treasures :pray:

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
I liked Invader Zim a lot when I was younger but I don't think I'd feel the same about it today.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I never liked the guy.

:golfclap:

Jhonen's stuff isn't that bad, people seem to read it at exactly the wrong age and take the things it parodies at face value.

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

TGT is pretty much canceled in favour of three new comics no one cares about.

http://ultimatelazerbot.deviantart.com/journal/A-Big-Announcement-587317357

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

quote:

Not a lot of people understand what it's like to live in poverty. A lot of people think that people who are poor have a lot more options than they actually do. But the truth is that very few employers in our current economy standing, will hire someone without an education. Poverty has stolen our childhood and limited our chances of getting an education.
Tails Gets Trolled is a special project, the dramatic improvement throughout TGT was real. We had to teach ourselves how to spell, how to write. We wanted to become storytellers, it is our dream. So we did what we had to do to make it happen. But it wasn't easy, even to this day we struggle to accomplish the simplest task due to our situation. We can't even afford gas to go buy a drink from the store most of the time (We currently don't even have a car) so we're stuck here.
We live in a broken down house with 10 people in total and more planning on living here, because the rent is so cheap and the landlord doesn't care about how many people are staying here. The only reason why we have internet is because one of the people who lives here needs it for his online classes. We are constantly looking for work, so far no such luck.

That being said, during this progression? We weren't making any money what so ever. Now unfortunately, we have come to crossroads. Our situation is getting worse and we no longer can afford to work on a nonprofit project. So, with the new projects? There will be ads, but the ads are to pay to advertise our projects.

We will be creating a website for all of our works, and we will soon have a new facebook page. ''Lazerbot'' isn't the only one creating the projects anymore. (His facebook page will be deleted after the transition process ends) Our website and new facebook page will be called (VirtuoCity Studios) And the new projects will be produced by:
Embergram.
Lazerbot.
Shimshomo.
And whomever decides to become our co-artist in the future.
The current projects being worked on are:
To Abide.
Ninja Show.
Once Upon An End.

There will be a delay on the premiere of (To Abide) so we can work out some of the larger kinks on the other two webcomics. And yes, until we have the money required to have our projects animated? All of our projects will likely be webcomics. That being said, we have goals to have many projects animated in the future.

And last off, we will be making a Patreon account Within the next couple days. You can show your support by subscribing to it, We'll likely only charge subscribers $1 a month. It's really not that much but it will help a lot in motivating us to create as much as we can and as fast as we can.
What might our goals be you may ask?
Pay to advertise our work.
Improve our living conditions.
Pay for Merchandising.
Hire artists to draw several reserved projects.
Hire animators to animate several reserved projects.
Hire video game developers to develop several reserved video game projects.
Pay to have a personal studio built.

We'll give more information as we go but these are our hopes for expansion, we hope that everyone is ok with it. We have big things in store, and if all goes well? Then some day in the future, we will spare no expense for the creation of: Tails Gets Trolled (Rebirth)
The comic will be remastered completely and all of the characters will be redesigned to be ''original'' But as for (Tails Gets Trolled) Though it may be halted for now, we do want to carry on the process eventually. Never know right? We'll see how things play out.

In order to escape crushing poverty, Lazerbot is trying to take it full time, launch three new comics alongside a Patreon and eventually restart TGT from scratch. Oh dear.

RiskyChris
Jan 13, 2008
TGT ending prematurely I can confidently say would be by far the worst thing that's happened to me since I started reading this thread. :negative:

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:
Not with a
bang, but
a whimper.

edit for formatting

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

quote:

Hire artists to draw several reserved projects.
Hire animators to animate several reserved projects.
Hire video game developers to develop several reserved video game projects.
Pay to have a personal studio built.

:rolleyes:

this reads like something I would write when I was 11

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
lol. With this business plan, how can he ever fail?

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

2DCAT posted:

lol. With this business plan, how can he ever fail?

hmm yes, personal studio, do go on

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
Rip the 'tism man. May the sonics make swears forever in my dreams.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Yeah, kinda sucks. The whole appeal of TGT was using licensed characters in messed up situations, so redesigning them to be original is missing the point. He would have totally gotten more support if he just focused on TGT instead of splitting it between 3 new comics.

AfroKen
Dec 3, 2015

FlyinPingu posted:

:rolleyes:

this reads like something I would write when I was 11

pretty sure Embergram is in his 20s, it's literally depressing how out-of-touch that dude is. Lazerbot would probably be better off without his brother's influence but who's gonna convince him? Blood is thicker than water. Weird part is that typing out all those presumptions about Embergram doesn't feel wrong, because whenever I read something he posts on DeviantArt or Facebook it comes off as sickeningly pretentious. (And then there's the content of the dude's Facebook itself, mainly the photos...the less said about all of that, the better. :doh: :eng99: ) If Lazerbot were The Beatles, you might say Embergram is ...Yoko Ono.

But I hope I'm wrong somehow because TGT unironically rules and I want to see how it ends Goddammit and no way in hell am I gonna stick it through to the end of this 60-chapter monstrosity if Tails is replaced by some generic shounen anime protag, Elmer and Coyote turn into actual barhoppers-turned-necromancers, and I don't even know how he'd handle a character like Trollface who's neither an original creation nor a copyright violation. Why am I thinking about any of this.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

It's a shame he's ended up disappearing up his own arse, his living conditions sound really rough so I can see why he's grasping at this as a way to get out of his situation but he's pretty delusional if he thinks he's about to launch the next Homestuck or whatever

No Dignity fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Jan 29, 2016

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I would love if Lazerbot remade Homestuck.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Unfortunate news although not entirely unexpected. Can't really do anything but wish them luck I guess.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
...Shims homo?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
You broke my heart Lazerbot. I kept the faith even through the terrible drawn out rape brick joke, but then you broke my heart.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

TwoPair posted:

You broke my heart Lazerbot. I kept the faith even through the terrible drawn out rape brick joke, but then you broke my heart.

Lazy B :(

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
god you guys are a bunch of fools, the comic isn't going to end, lazerbot can't stop it. think of all the other times it should have fell apart

this isn't a matter of believing in lazerbot, its a matter of believing in tails gets trolled, its a force of nature that must exist and live out its natural life span... it will survive this

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS
I can understand their lovely situation (provided it's true) and attempt at making some money rather than dumping time into TGT. Of course, everyone knows that their original webcomics aren't going to ever get off the ground nor make them a dime. His brother is obviously insane, since "our economy" hasn't been a valid excuse in like 6 years, but whatever makes him feel better. Temp agencies could undoubtedly get them jobs, but actually holding a job is a bit more difficult than making masterful TGT art. As I type this, I wonder what the gently caress is wrong with me for posting a serious somethingawful.com forum post about a bad sonic the hedgehog parody.

Sucks to be us and sucks to be them.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I have no regrets about posting about the incredibly good webcomic Tails Gets Trolled

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Tails Gets Trolled remade with original characters wouldn't be the same at all, dangit.

RobobTheGreat
Jul 14, 2003

Mind your manners when talking to the king!
Sad news indeed.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

RIP TGT, as Lazerbot devotes his time to the new comic even after he gets data from laptop

:smug:

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Honestly if Lazy B did a big, classic TGT spread with his Patreon details on it I would probably chuck him and his bro a couple of quid.

I think a lot of us have gotten enough enjoyment out of this to justify the cost of a cinema ticket.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Maybe I'm overestimating the reach of lawyers for this stuff, but I expect that unlicensed characters + taking money might get somebody's attention.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

david_a posted:

Maybe I'm overestimating the reach of lawyers for this stuff, but I expect that unlicensed characters + taking money might get somebody's attention.

That's what a LOT of patreons do, though.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
On one hand, people loved hiimdaisy's Persona parody comics, but as she adapted Gigi Digi and made Cucumber Quest, it's still a love letter to video games that's 100% better in every way.

If lazerbot's OC's become compelling he might be on his way toward doing better things too.

On the other hand, it's lazerbot.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Bell_ posted:

On one hand, people loved hiimdaisy's Persona parody comics, but as she adapted Gigi Digi and made Cucumber Quest, it's still a love letter to video games that's 100% better in every way.

If lazerbot's OC's become compelling he might be on his way toward doing better things too.

I'm eagerly awaiting lazerbot's springboard into a real, professional webcomic, Kill 6 Billion Copyright Infringements

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Bell_ posted:

My only wish is that Rob appears in Lazerbot's new world.

first move tengen
Dec 2, 2011
gently caress this is depressing

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Goddamnit

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

PowerBeard posted:

My only wish is that Rob appears in Lazerbot's new world.

Yeah if he sticks with his originals like Rob and weird rear end troll culture it could maybe work as something almost close and entertaining, but really the magic was in the clashing and unpredictable use of known characters.

woodenchicken
Aug 19, 2007

Nap Ghost
I thought the magic was in the artwork and the writing. Of course now that he has like 3 more people working with him I'm afraid that's it for crummy faces and lines like "Neverbe found."

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

SnowblindFatal posted:

This used to belong to my friend.

I think I feel slightly ill now. What in hell is that yellow stuff? Has your friend a bad skin condition?

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
Normal skin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woodenchicken
Aug 19, 2007

Nap Ghost
Probably sawdust, considering there are also wood chips on the floor. Does the friend work at a sawmill or timber yard?