Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

TMMadman posted:

And you should notice that Kash is one of the biggest people performing the WIFOM arguments.

how about you shut the gently caress up and actually scum hunt. No one gives a poo poo about your cop claim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Khris Kruel posted:

dude, stop thinking that the only way to catch scum is through investigations. Learn to actually play mafia

Chances are I'm not going to pick out the scum in the group, but my investigation will clear someone.

You people seriously don't think outside of the box.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

TMMadman posted:

but my investigation will clear someone.

it wont

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
A N Y W A Y I am moving on

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Khris Kruel posted:

how about you shut the gently caress up and actually scum hunt. No one gives a poo poo about your cop claim

And I already have scum hunted. Jesus loving Christ. I've posted my thoughts on who I think is scum already. Several times.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

TMMadman posted:

And I already have scum hunted. Jesus loving Christ. I've posted my thoughts on who I think is scum already. Several times.

TMMadman posted:

Honestly, we should probably hang Kash or Rarity. I'm almost positive one of them is scum.

And remember, Rarity again came in and bitched about my play and then drops this vote on KK:

At a point when KK had no votes on him.

I'm going back to her because that's just terrible.

##vote Rarity

Khris Kruel posted:

elaborate por favor

Why don't you read the loving thread and explain your reads

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

It will. How does it not clear someone? I mean sure, there's a 1 in 9 chance I hit a godfather or something, and a 2 in 9 chance that I hit one of the NK targets.

The only way it doesn't clear someone is if you don't believe that I am the cop.

But that would just be stupid because I'm the loving cop.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Khris I'm starting to cool on you, but I'm not sold on Hal yet...

##vote imgay he's off

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

TMMadman posted:

It will. How does it not clear someone? I mean sure, there's a 1 in 9 chance I hit a godfather or something, and a 2 in 9 chance that I hit one of the NK targets.

The only way it doesn't clear someone is if you don't believe that I am the cop.

But that would just be stupid because I'm the loving cop.

they could be a godfather

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Khris Kruel posted:

Why don't you read the loving thread and explain your reads

Why don't you actually go read my posts:

TMMadman posted:

Hmm. I think I'd rather vote Rarity right now. She comes in yesterday and makes a big stink about my play style but doesn't offer up any kind of reads. I have a problem with this because I feel that if she has enough time/energy to be bothered by my play then she should have easily been able to make some kind of call on my alignment.

I know she's been sick but she was able to post several times in a different game, but hasn't come back to this one even though the deadline is tonight.

##vote Rarity

TMMadman posted:

So as you can see above, I'm the cop.

When I got my role PM, I knew I would have to claim on D1 because lately I've been the N1 kill due to my play style. Since there are only 2 scum and both have NKs, I figured claiming was the best chance I had to survive N1 and be able to provide some kind of benefit to town. I'm assuming there is a doctor out there and whoever it is absolutely needs to protect me tonight.

So I asked for people to read me to try and determine who I want to cop tonight.

I think the lynch should probably be one of imgay, Rarity or Samfu. Imgay seems to be trying to taunt a cop investigation and that doesn't sit right with me. Samfu was the third vote at an opportunistic time and has stuck with his poor reasoning to keep his vote there. And I made my case against Rarity earlier. Another issue with Rarity is that she tried to say that the game needs to breathe, but with 2 scum NKs there really isn't time to let the game move slowly.

So there you go, all my cards are on the table.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Khris Kruel posted:

they could be a godfather

Seriously, are people having trouble reading my posts? I admit I could hit the Godfather, it's a chance I'm willing to take.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

investigations are just one of many factors to take in account. Post history and voting history the most important

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Seriously, are people having trouble reading my posts? I admit I could hit the Godfather, it's a chance I'm willing to take.

good, then you realize why I take all investigations with a grain of salt and will never lynch anyone based on an investigation, ever.

Although if they are scummy and have a scum investigation, then I'll think about it. Only if there's no other cases

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Khris Kruel posted:

good, then you realize why I take all investigations with a grain of salt and will never lynch anyone based on an investigation, ever.

Although if they are scummy and have a scum investigation, then I'll think about it. Only if there's no other cases

So if I hit the scum in the night and announce it to start the day, you're not just going to jump on it?

Because that would be the stupidest thing ever.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

TMMadman posted:

So if I hit the scum in the night and announce it to start the day, you're not just going to jump on it?

Because that would be the stupidest thing ever.

not as bad as claiming cop on day 1

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

and no I wont. You could be a scum and lying

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

if you were dead though, flipped town cop, and had a scum investigation...that would probably be worth it

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Khris Kruel posted:

not as bad as claiming cop on day 1

Once again, you do realize that this game hits lylo on D3 right? Even if there is a blocked kill one night.

So chances are I will only get two investigations in anyway. Claiming cop is the right move when I feel like I would be the NK target anyway.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Once again, you do realize that this game hits lylo on D3 right? Even if there is a blocked kill on night.

So chances are I will only get two investigations in anyway. Claiming cop is the right move when I feel like I would be the NK target anyway.

good then lets stop worrying about investigations and look at post and vote history

Your investigations are worthless

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

and it won't hit lylo on D3 when we lynch Sam and get rid of one of the scum

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy
I went to work and missed all the fun. I think kk's reason for picking sam is pretty wtf, but I really don't like Sam's reaction.

It's time for Overanalyzing Word Choice with your host, Vienna.

Rarity posted:

Not that I'm necessarily doubting you, I just suspect that was an incredibly boneheaded move.

The "necessarily" here is so base-covering. I'm not saying rarity shouldn't be suspicious of a cop claim -- but "not necessarily doubting you" feels like a way to be neutral without looking too neutral, if that makes sense? She didn't outright say "I'm not convinced" or "I can see it, maybe" -- it feels like there's careful wiggle room built in either way once the rest of the thread weighs in.

Kashuno posted:

I think that was a v bad claim and I don't believe it at all. You are under no pressure right now and claiming cop d1 is the least town play a cop can make.

This reads as more legit and less calculated.

Rarity posted:

I only commented cause I'm tired of your overimportant self-aggrandising bullshit and I can't be hosed to not call you out on it.

This makes me want to fist bump rarity over the internet, regardless of alignment.

But anyway, Sam.

Samfucius posted:

D1 cop claim under no pressure, wowie zowie.

I'm sure reacting here, in a carefully neutral way that doesn't make it difficult for me to either buy the claim or not, depending on how the thread goes!!!

Samfucius posted:

Yeah, ##vote KK for shifty post editing and white noise injections.

And here, Sam reacted quite a bit, but waited until kk gained momentum to let himself be talked into voting. The "yeah, I guess I'm persuaded now, to vote that guy" just feels forced and awkward.

Also, ninja edits are not against the rules, and never have been.

TMMadman posted:

Then try to loving hang me. But you can't because I'm town and there has been no counterclaim.

You know, it's entirely loving possible that we don't have a cop, or that you're scum trying to lure the real cop into counterclaiming. Being smug about your really bad decision to claim is counterproductive.

TMMadman posted:

And frankly, if I get killed tonight, that helps too. Or if I get roleblocked. It's a win/win for town.

How is that possibly win/win for town? If you get role blocked, you won't have results, and we'll have no reason to trust you, and ... Your logic makes my brain want to explode.

And now I'm sure there are three more pages ...

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Khris Kruel posted:

and it won't hit lylo on D3 when we lynch Sam and get rid of one of the scum

Actually right now, I'm think it's probably Kash and Hal. Kash is struggling to discredit my claim and he doesn't seem to want to consider voting Hal.

##unvote

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

pretty solid case, Space vagina

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
SiV, for once, it would be really nice if people just actually believed me when I've given them no reason to doubt me.

I mean everyone else always seems to get the benefit of the doubt, but when it comes to me I never get it and it's frustrating as poo poo. Kash sits there and throws his vote around to everyone and generally just looks scummy as poo poo, but every game nobody wants to consider him scum. Meanwhile, I'll sit there and tell the absolute truth and people will twist themselves into knots trying to figure out how I'm lying.

It's absolutely ridiculous.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Khris Kruel posted:

pretty solid case, Space vagina

There's always space in my vagina. :bigtran:

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

spacing in vienna posted:

There's always space in my vagina. :bigtran:

you're voting for Hal though

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I've actually cooled a little on imgay, but I'd still probably lynch him. I'd probably also lynch Hal as well. Mainly because either of those two would be prime investigation targets due to their posting styles.

However, I really think the lynch should be Kash or Rarity. I've my my case against Rarity, but I think Kash may actually be the better target simply because he is actively scummy and he is twisting himself into knots trying to discredit my claim.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Actually right now, I'm think it's probably Kash and Hal.

##unvote

TMMadman posted:

However, I really think the lynch should be Kash or Rarity.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

so from what I understand, Hal's ~scumminess~ is that he said that his role PM said that TMM was town?

Is that why Hal is the vote leader?

I equivalate that with lynching TMM because he claimed cop. Ya'll dumb

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Whatever. You've voted for 4 separate people. I think scum is somewhere in the group of Kash, Rarity and Hal right now. Outside chances of imgay or Samfu.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Khris Kruel posted:

so from what I understand, Hal's ~scumminess~ is that he said that his role PM said that TMM was town?

Is that why Hal is the vote leader?

I equivalate that with lynching TMM because he claimed cop. Ya'll dumb

yes and also Hal isn't really posting which is mostly a nulltell for him but he tends to do it more as scum.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

3 hours left people. I'm not voting Hal when Sam has been way scummier. Ya'll gonna lynch him on your own

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

TMMadman posted:

SiV, for once, it would be really nice if people just actually believed me when I've given them no reason to doubt me.

I mean everyone else always seems to get the benefit of the doubt, but when it comes to me I never get it and it's frustrating as poo poo. Kash sits there and throws his vote around to everyone and generally just looks scummy as poo poo, but every game nobody wants to consider him scum. Meanwhile, I'll sit there and tell the absolute truth and people will twist themselves into knots trying to figure out how I'm lying.

It's absolutely ridiculous.

Okay, just to be clear: you're kind of doing what you said earlier that other people were doing, e.g. being upset and hurt that people think you might be lying, in a game about people lying.

Also, whenever someone jumps into their own claim and trumpets that it makes them confirmed untouchable town, that makes me much more suspicious of them. That may be what's happening here; you going "OBVIOUSLY I can't be the scum" makes me doubt you a bit, because scum always know things that town doesn't, so "it wouldn't make sense to do this as scum, obviously!!" and "clearly I'm confirmed now" both make me back up and look the person over more closely.

Overall I buy your claim, but I don't think it was a good idea. And I don't think it's a personal insult that people question claims -- we should. I get that you're frustrated, honestly, but some people in this game are lying, and it might be you. That's not a dig.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Khris Kruel posted:

you're voting for Hal though

Yeah, that was a joke vote from earlier, and I'm on my phone so coding is a biiiiiiitch. Gimme like fifteen to grab my laptop and I'll switch over.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

TMM is in no way confirmed cop, fyi. If that was actually debatable.

In a game where a cop would not have time for investigations, as TMM has pointed out, Cop could've been a fakeclaim given to scum

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

spacing in vienna posted:

Okay, just to be clear: you're kind of doing what you said earlier that other people were doing, e.g. being upset and hurt that people think you might be lying, in a game about people lying.

Also, whenever someone jumps into their own claim and trumpets that it makes them confirmed untouchable town, that makes me much more suspicious of them. That may be what's happening here; you going "OBVIOUSLY I can't be the scum" makes me doubt you a bit, because scum always know things that town doesn't, so "it wouldn't make sense to do this as scum, obviously!!" and "clearly I'm confirmed now" both make me back up and look the person over more closely.

Overall I buy your claim, but I don't think it was a good idea. And I don't think it's a personal insult that people question claims -- we should. I get that you're frustrated, honestly, but some people in this game are lying, and it might be you. That's not a dig.

No I mean I understand it and I'm not upset that people think I'm lying, but at a certain point, it'd be nice to just have someone say "Sure, I believe it" without a huge argument cropping up around it. There was no reason for me to claim except to tell the truth and explain my rational for claiming.

I've admitted that it's a high risk play, but I've been the NK on N1 lately, so I felt it was worth the risk. Especially in a game where I am statistically likely to be the NK ~30% of the time even without possible bias from scum.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Khris Kruel posted:

TMM is in no way confirmed cop, fyi. If that was actually debatable.

In a game where a cop would not have time for investigations, as TMM has pointed out, Cop could've been a fakeclaim given to scum

What does this even mean?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

it's p straightforward

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

TMMadman posted:

you're not 100% confirmed, and I can identify a million scenarios where you would cop claim on D1 as scum.

Another reason not to do it ever again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And btw, the last time Asiina ran this type of game, my investigations were the only reason that town was able to win the game. I was the cop in that game too, but it was also only my second real game of Mafia so scum were much more likely to try and lynch me than NK me at that point.

• Locked thread