Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
1. Do you tell the Brood of what you DO recall of Mosquito mountain, namely the above and the revelation that you had inside of your own head?
B.

2. What do you tell them about what you find in the ruins of Amalek?
G.

3. The Maggot asked to know about your trip in great detail. Do you tell them about your wings, something you apparently gained after your encounter with Amok?
K.

4. What do you tell the Brood of the Amalakites?
M.

5. Well, you've seen some smokey figures on this journey. What do you say of them?
O.

6. As to Ur I told them....
U.

7. Do you tell them about the demon attacks on Ibleam, Tanaach and Acco?
Z.

8. What do you tell them about Zepath?
B.

9. What do you tell the Brood about Athar and the nearby villages?
H.

10. Pending the outcome of the other votes, what are you going to tell them your men about this?
F

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Outrail posted:

We'll get half a mile outside their borders and have a spideroid jump out "You have trespasssssssed on the great queensssss territory! Tribute!"

Six legs good, eight legs bad.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Ralith posted:

Changing my vote for V to U

10. Plan Theglavwen

You voted T for that vote, but..ok, assuming you want that question to be U.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I can't believe E is winning for question 10. Somehow you guys made it more annoying to count than the entire rest of the vote. JFC.

Here's the updated spreadsheet (10 isn't on it because I am not a masochist.) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wFqf1Rs8TmPGxFQ1w_AlkQjgNN3kjFBishTKJO5udCM/edit?usp=sharing

a - 0
b - 2
c - 0
d - 0
e - 6
f - 2
g - 0
h - 0
i - 0
j - lots of random write-ins, diog will have to make sense of this.

a
b
bede
Mexican Deathgasm
c
d
e
Nyaa
dyzzy
Swedish Thaumocracy
hollylolly
the_steve
There Bias Two
f
Lord Cyrahzax
Hot Dog Day 80
g
h
i
j

vavrek: F + I. Tell the men we're away having conversations with the bugs, discussing the world, learning how each other operates, but seriously downplay how much info we're giving out and play up how much we're learning of them.

Task Manager: J: H. Lie to them. Claim that you managed to work out a really sweet deal with the Brood. They REALLY value amber, small amounts of it were enough to convince them to give you all of this help! As to the delay? As per D, you decided your group needs a rest.
+
Actually give the Brood a large gift of amber to strengthen the lie.

theglavwen: J: Essentiall Sogol's old plan*. Send Asahel back to the group to tell them these bugs have an old agreement with Zepa. Tell them to trust us that we know it to be true (whether or not we actually do). Tell them that we're going to commune with their leaders and exchange information, as did Zepa in days gone past, to renew terms and understanding, and to negotiate aid. Tell them that they are safe here, and that they should take the opportunity to rest and recuperate. Treat the bugs as our hosts, and do not dishonour the line of Zepa. We'll be considering how best to use this safe territory to make our trip more successful. Tell them to be glad that El has led us to aid and safety; this is a resource, and we will make use of it.
-ralith

Zybourne Clock: G+Tell them the Brood Queen was personal friends with some ancient Zepathan figure they call the Traveler (which may or may not be a lie)

Horrible Lurkbeast:tell the people that the bugs recognise us all as relatives and followers of Zepa, which they respect.
Not totally a lie.

sogol: Tell them:
- The bugs claimed that they had an agreement about respecting borders that they had made with Zepa.

- They believed that when we crossed the border that we broke that agreement and they were very surprised to see us so far from home and coming from the wrong direction. No one expects the Balls of Labaras! Hoozah!

- They claim to have honored this agreement since the time of Zepa.

- They recognized us for Zepathan's before we said or did anything to tell them because they recognize this shield, which is made more strongly and with wisdom and knowledge now lost to us. This shield which has been passed down father to son in the house of Zepa for time immemorial. They claim that this shield belonged to Zepa himself and I believe them, for who among us could craft such a work.

- We needed to learn about this agreement from them to determine whether it was real and whether or not to honor it. We are Tudiya's voice in this matter and representatives of Zepath and Zepa himself.

- The bugs are an enemy of the Bnaimokt and such creatures. They have honored their agreement for all these generations, which is why we know nothing of them. We will keep it that way since without doubt Zepa's wisdom was greater than our own.

- Report the conclusions of the negotiations without the details. E.g We have negotiated to maintain the agreement Zepa made and they have agreed to offer us safe passage and supplies for our onward journey. It took a long time for both sides to satisfy the other that this was not simply a trick. I am satisfied.

- We will honor this agreement that has stood since the time of Zepa and it would be a great misdeed not to do so.

Do not show any weakness about this or attempt to reason and explain any further. There will be no debate on this. We are not and have not negotiated because we are outnumbered, need help or any such thing. Such things do not even need to be said. We have negotiated because to not do so would dishonor Zepa himself and this shield we carry. Any other course of action would have been literally dishonorable. We live by laws from El given by Labaras and handed down by Zepa's line until this time, just like this shield. The core grows rotten and men weaken in the inner cities, no longer honoring borders or agreements. We, all of us. We Zepathan's will not succumb to the greed and pettiness that weakens men. We will honor this ancient agreement and the wisdom upon which it was based.
If asked for more details, the negotiations were a lot of talk the result of which is that we are persuaded that the agreement is real and both parties agreed to honor it. Then state the final result of the agreement (again). Do not vary from this in the slightest.
Let any "will of El" statements come from them.

Cornuto: Like B or C, but don't try to claim knowledge of who 'the traveler' is that we don't really have.
Ex: They recognized Tudiya's family shield as the shield of someone they refer to as 'the traveller' whom their queen met with long ago to discuss where the border of their swarm's lands should stop.

Whiteoutmouse: plan Sogol + EL. I like what he said, he is less "El is in the details" I would like to put that message out there. Some of our men are basically Zealots, and any whisper of their god can change their heart to our side. And it's not like I don't believe it. Diog EL put these bugs in our path afterall!

slightly lions: E + Promise we'll leave this incident out of our story when we get home. I'll tell you most of the truth about most of what I know in the trust that you won't use it against me, and I'll not use what I learn about you against you. Fair?

Tsyni fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jan 31, 2016

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
10.) J: "We're now negotiating, this could take a while." When we're done telling the stuff "We totally got a sweet deal for the amber! Its super valuable to them"

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Voting 10: .... F I guess. Seems like the option with a chance to beat E. And lots of J votes are variations of F.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

Tsyni posted:

You voted T for that vote, but..ok, assuming you want that question to be U.
Whoops, close enough.

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
1B
2E
4M
5O
6U
7Y
8B
9G

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,
1. Do you tell the Brood of what you DO recall of Mosquito mountain, namely the above and the revelation that you had inside of your own head?
B. No. Let's not tempt fate.

2. What do you tell them about what you find in the ruins of Amalek?
E. I tell them we found the prisoners held there, as well Amok and woke him up. The Children of the Great Queen don't seem to consider Amalek hostile, like they do the Bnaimokt, so letting them know this is honest and has (hopefully) low chance of backlash

3. The Maggot asked to know about your trip in great detail. Do you tell them about your wings, something you apparently gained after your encounter with Amok?
K. No.

4. What do you tell the Brood of the Amalakites?
M. I tell them everything that happened and every detail I can recall, including, apparently, more than one incident of divine intervention from El.

5. Well, you've seen some smokey figures on this journey. What do you say of them?
P. I tell the Maggot about all of them. Lets try to get some answers on the question that has haunted us since Bareem's temple.

6. As to Ur I told them....
T + U: Tell them of Baitel and the greatest of Ur's founder cities. Avoid talking about how foolish and decadent their successors are - at least until we know more about them.

7. Do you tell them about the demon attacks on Ibleam, Tanaach and Acco?
Z. Yes as per Y. Also, I tell them about my Balls heroic efforts in Ibleam, my Balls fight at Kavodel and what I saw in Tanaach. They need to know the storm is coming.

8. What do you tell them about Zepath?
B. Tell them of Zepath and Kavodel, but if they ask for specifics tell them forthright that we need to know about the Children themselves before we reveal the details of our home..

9. What do you tell the Brood about Athar and the nearby villages?
G. I tell them about Athar and its neighbors, they are primitives living an idyllic and simple life, except for the part where they murder everyone who gets sick or crippled or get too old and then eat them or sacrifice them to the demon Asherah.

10. Pending the outcome of the other votes, what are you going to tell them your men about this?
Plan Sogol/Theglavwen. Honest while appealing to their faith.

Scrree fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jan 31, 2016

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Just a reminder that case matters when entering the vote into the spreadsheet. The second set of ABCD votes is lower case. Thanks to whoever did that though.

OrangeOrbit
Apr 27, 2008
Fun Shoe
Sogol's plan for explaining why we are negotiating. Abstain on the rest.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Voting is closed.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Vavrek posted:

10: J: F + I. Tell the men we're away having conversations with the bugs, discussing the world, learning how each other operates, but seriously downplay how much info we're giving out and play up how much we're learning of them.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

"The consensus needs to determine if you are a threat before we aid you further"

"Oh in that case let me tell you about the Donut, where my kind are needlessly cruel to each other, nevermind creatures that look different :v:"

"Enkidel how did we get here and why does my nose bleed when I try to remember the last couple days?"

Crudus
Nov 14, 2006

Aaah if it's not too late, I vote school's explanation to our balls

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

maxhush posted:

"The consensus needs to determine if you are a threat before we aid you further"

"Oh in that case let me tell you about the Donut, where my kind are needlessly cruel to each other, nevermind creatures that look different :v:"

"Enkidel how did we get here and why does my nose bleed when I try to remember the last couple days?"

Oh no!

Wow, if we don't die on the way back home, this thread will probably hit 3000 pages. Another 233 pages is nothing at this point.

How many pages can a thread even have?

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Even if we do die right here and now, I reckon we'd hit it.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

maxhush posted:

We're the exception to the cruelty and bullshit in Ur. I think we'll be fine.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
Aye, there's a chance it could work to our advantage. "Our people can be needlessly cruel and petty, but look at how cool I am despite all that. You should praise me and lavish me with aid and booty."

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Diogines posted:

You are left waiting several minutes this time and when the Maggot opens its eyes the other insects in this great chamber again falls silent. The Maggot says "That one so young has come so far is inexplicable. There are many dangers, terrors and evils far from the safety of the Hive and that your swarm has passed them and survived defies explanation. Even if your swarm is given all the sustenance they could transpot the Consensus does not anticipate you will survive the dangers ahead of you. You have spoken of a desire of both friendship and aid. The first may be earned and the second may be given. But the Consensus wishes to know of your journey in great and precise detail, all of the places you have gone and the things you have learned. Additionally the Consensus wishes to know of all the places you know of, not simply from your journey, but of the world. In great detail. This may take days or weeks. Your swarm will be safe above in the shadow of the Great Queen, they may rest from their difficult journey and will be provided for while this occurs."

You look to Asahel for his thoughts, he leans in and says quietly to you "Father, not needing to forage or hunt will surely speed our trip. Maybe they do just want to know more about us before they help us? But I worry. Snarls does not think they are demons but these creatures ask for the secrets of Ur. The demons of the sea and mountains already attack us and the Bnaimokt still trouble Acco."

You tell the Maggot "Your offer is very gracious, we accept." Asahel says "Truly, thank you." You tell the Maggot you will return soon, you want to re-assure your men all is well, you will return after to begin telling them what they wish to know.

You and Asahel are lead outside by a swarm of glowing insects outside. As you walk towards the surface, Asahel says to you "What are you going to tell our brothers? Uriah is not going to take this well." You tell him "For now, we tell him we are still negotiating, for a few days. It is going slowly because they are so strange. The negotiations are... very formal and convoluted, the language barrier is not helping either. We'll tell them what they want to know during this time, then reveal how much the Brood loves amber! Lucky us! They will give us all the food and drink we wish for even small amounts of it."

Asahel says "Clever father".

Your men are eager for news when you rejoin them. What were the bugs like? Was a deal reached? Are you alright? Can we pass through? Your Balls are not thrilled when you explain you fear the negotiations will take some time, but you think you will be safe here for now, the bugs are even going to send up some supplies and they promised we would be safe here for now, that we are not their guests.

Your men accept your deception readily, none of them seem to question your story, nor do they question the delay in the coming days.

Shortly after you arrive back with your men, The Bug rides up the canyon wall on the back of a giant beetle, another giant beetle is with him as well. Your men draw their weapons as the bugs approach, you motion for them to hold them and ask The Bug "What is the other one for?"

The Bug rapidly vibrates a claw against its mandible making a high pitched buzzing noise which mimics human speech rather well and says "That one will inzzzzzpect your zzzzzwarm for dangerouzzzzz dizzzeazze and tend to any who are ill or injured." The Gebebans are a little uh, apprehensive about being inspected by a giant insect which looks like it could eat anyone in your group for breakfast. Yet you've committed to cooperate with the Brood and so you order the Gebebans to cooperate. Which they do, though they are still terrified.

When inspecting Ithma the... Doctor Bug tries to put the stump where Ithma once had a shoulder into its mouth, Ithma cries out in alarm, every Ball in range raises their weapons, a spear thrown with great force and deadly precision by Uriah grazes the head of the Doctor Bug so closely that it could have shaved it, the Doctor Bug scuttles away and makes a click noise which you are guessing is probably either fear or alarm.

The Bug makes a loud and aggressive clicking noise as it raises its sword arms, then says to you "That one izzzzz injured. Treatment izzzz being given." You allow the Doctor Bug to resume its work, though none of your men are very happy about that decision either. The Doctor Bug sticks the hole which was once Ithma's shoulder into his mouth and Ithma yells out in pain, you let it continue regardless. After several minutes, the bug lets go. Ithma's wound has been been re-opened but then... stitched shut with greater precision than anyone in Ur could manage. The Doctor Bug spits some kind of gooey substance on the edge of the wound which quickly hardens into a translucent cap.

Ithma, how do you feel? Ithma tells you "It feels like a bug just chewed off a piece of me! How do you think I feel!? But... it doesn't hurt anymore." Ithma had been in great pain for days. Several of the Gebebans with minor wounds and injuries also recieve treatment, though they are likewise terrified to receive such aid.

You re-enter the Hive a short time later, this time without Asahel for you intend to tell the Maggot things you've decided not to tell your son, or any of your men. The meeting hall(?) is just as crowded the second time you arrive. You have decided you will tell the Maggot what it asked for and so you will.

-You are not going to tell them about Mosquito Mountain.

-You are going to tell them about your trip in great detail, including how you found Amok, woke him up and what Amok told you. Among other things, that you are a half-Melachim, that the god he knew was absent from the world, the less than flattering things he said about the Melachim and that "the chains upon Asherah are nearly spent". And that Amoks aid I am a child of the Melachim. You will also tell them where he went, presumably to fight "Faramu" which is what he yelled before going northeast?

-Even though you are going to tell the Maggot that your apparently half-Melachim, you have decided you are not going to tell the about the fact you grew wings.

-You will tell them about your encounter with the Amalakite Giants, the events at Gebeb as well as the apparently multiple times that El intervened to aid you. You are going to omit the bit about where your actions got you stranded in a demon filled wilderness however.

-You will not tell them of the vaporous figures you saw during your trip, strange things which only you appear to see.

-You will tell them about Athar and nearby villages, the truth of such places and of your rescue.

You will likely tell the Brood about the demonic attacks and the Bnaimokt still troubling Acco as well as your Balls battle at kavodel. You don't intend to go into great detail however. The Brood wishes to know many things and in great detail and even before you get much into detail about Ur or Zepath, you have plenty of other matters to explain first, such as your trip. You decide to focus on such matters first and gauge the Brood's reaction before revealing information about your home.

So you begin your tale. You begin with the ruins of Amalek and the events since, leaving the details of your early journey and thus the distance of Zepath for later. The Maggot asks you for clarification or explanation on many points as you describe your trip. Several times the thousands of spectating giant inspects erupt into a cacophony of chirps and clicks while the Maggot "consults with the Consensus" but the crowd becomes quiet each time the Maggot re-opens its eyes.

As you tell your tale you ask questions of your own and the Maggot seems happy enough to answer them. It seems in no rush at all to get your tale rapidly, indeed, this is going to take days, possibly a week or several. From what the Maggot said it probably wants to know the Old Tales. All of them. And you have a great and encyclopedic knowledge on such matters. There are a number of topics and a number of questions that the Maggot declines to speak of, saying that "It is not appropriate to speak of this matter" or "We require additional information as to your swarm before we can share information on this topic".

1. You can freely question the Maggot on any topic you like. Yes. Anything. During "breaks" you can also discuss anything they raise with anyone in your group, who are camped outside.

There are some things they may not be willing to discuss but, fire away. Normal rules apply.

Questions regarding Ur and Zepath were too close. Some interpretations of the outcome may even be a tie. Those issues are being tossed back for a second round of voting, perhaps your opinion might be swayed by the information you get from the Maggot?

2. You are uncertain what exactly you want to say to the Brood about Ur and Zepath. Yet you will speak to it of other matters at least for a day or two first. What do you tell the Brood about Zepath?
A. Lie about where Zepath is.
B. I tell them where it is and that it was founded by Zepa but avoid details.

C. Tell them where Zepath is and what Zepath and nearby settlements are actually like.
D. C., also, tell them about the ancient hero there, Ishamal.
E. C., also tell that three Melachim live there and protect it.
F. Both D and E.

G. Based on information I gained questioning the Brood, deal is off. I don't tell them about about Zepath.
H. Something else. Fill in.

3. As to Ur I told them....

I. Very little indeed. I claimed ignorance of the many cities of Ur and their histories and locations. I am from Zepath which is at the edge, I know little of the interior, it is too far away.

J. I lie about Ur. Lie wildly about the locations of cities and how powerful they are. Ur is great and powerful and there are greatly Blooded men all over, as great as the days of the Old Tales. Avoid talking about Ur's most famous city, Baitel, in case they do know anything about it. If pressed, you don't know much about it, you live in Ur's most far flung city.

K. Don't lie to them. I know of the ancient founders of many of the most famous cities of Ur, a lot of the Old Tales are about them. They want to know about Ur? I tell them. The location of the cities and what I know of them. I don't know every city in Ur of course, not by a long shot but I do know most of the oldest and more famous cities. Tell them of the Old Tales, my recall of which is fantastic.

L. I tell about the great and powerful city of Baitel and of its history. I don't give much detail on other cities, avoiding the topic as best I can or simply pleading ignorance. Focus on the great strength and power of Baitel, which is absolutely true. There are large numbers of greatly Blooded men in Baitel, the King of Baitel lived in the days of the Old Tales and while no one knows who El's High Priest is, it is rumored to be a son of Labaras. I want to tell the Brood as little as possible about wider Ur, WITHOUT lying to them, while focusing on the great power of Baitel, so that Ur does not seem weak.

M. Tell them what Ur is really like. Baitel is pretty great and powerful. And there are a number of other great cities still left. But men today live in a shadow of a great past. Much of Ur, in the interior, aka the Donut, is a cesspit where men are cruel to each other, war like, decadent and far less Blooded. Give them all the fine details they asked for, the histories of the more famous cities and where they are.

N. Based on information I gained questioning the Brood, deal is off. I don't tell them about about Zepath.

O. Something else. Fill in.

If you want to, feel free to join us on irc #madgod on synirc.net. The channel tends to always have some people in it and is especially active when updates go up.

If you do not know what IRC is, here is a web based chat version which will not require you to register or download anything: http://chat.mibbit.com/

One of our players made a wiki about the game: http://sa-diogines.wikia.com/wiki/Paradise_Lost_CYOA_Wiki It has various bits of information, some of it is spot on, other bits are very wrong. If you find it difficult to keep track of the growing number of names and places in our game, the wiki has a good list.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

This THANK YOU SUNDAE is for those who helped to count the last vote.

Thank you!

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

2. D
3. K

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

BM

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

B, K

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

Also question time! ROUND 1

How old is the brood?

How many members does the brood have?

What do you know of the lands around the brood?

How do you measure the passage of time?

How does the brood talk to each other?

What does the brood eat?

Is each member of the brood given a purpose, or are they made with a purpose?

How does the doctor brood person know how to heal humans?

What was done with the donkeys?

When is the last time the brood ventured out of the lands of the brood?

Can we meet the great queen? Why not?

How was the one that speaks with us made?

Was he made just for talking with us? What will happen to him when we leave?

How does he consult the consensus?

How did messenger bug know how to speak our language?

Are there other broods?

What do you know of the original Amok?

Were there other civilizations around you?

Can you tell us of the threats that lie between us and safety?

Does the brood poop? Is there a part of the brood that deals with the poop?

Is each member of the brood smart like a human, or are some dumb like mules?

Does the brood like music?

Does the brood have art?

Has the brood ever traded before?

Have the brood discovered the secrets of metal working?

Do they know what the strange metal we found on the giants is and how to shape it?

What does the brood do for fun?

How big is the hive?

Are there other hives?

Does the brood farm?

Does the brood play sports?

What do the brood do in times of trouble?

Do the brood know how to use bows? Do they have any tips on how to improve my archery?

What things do the brood consume the most that aren't food?

Bede
Jun 2, 2006

I wasn't even around for the goblin baby vote
DK

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

Has the brood heard of currency? We invented currency in Ur!

Does the brood write or read?

Can the translate these nifty scrolls?

Does the brood worship anything?

Do they have temples?

Could we take a walk through the hive? If not, why not?

Does the brood know anything about our sandals?

Does the brood know sorcery or magic?

Does the brood know what amber is?

Does the brood know of the dangers that dwell deep beneath the earth?

What did the norcs try to steal, and how did the brood deal with them?

Do they run into norcs often?

What is the biggest threat to the hive?

Can they tell us about fleshblight?

Have they heard of Asherak?

How do they feel about the ocean?

Does the brood mine?

What are the different roles in the brood?

Can we look at the different specialists and see what they look like?

TheCog fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Feb 1, 2016

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
C,K

2. You are uncertain what exactly you want to say to the Brood about Ur and Zepath. Yet you will speak to it of other matters at least for a day or two first. What do you tell the Brood about Zepath?
C. Tell them where Zepath is and what Zepath and nearby settlements are actually like.

3. As to Ur I told them....
K. Don't lie to them. I know of the ancient founders of many of the most famous cities of Ur, a lot of the Old Tales are about them. They want to know about Ur? I tell them. The location of the cities and what I know of them. I don't know every city in Ur of course, not by a long shot but I do know most of the oldest and more famous cities. Tell them of the Old Tales, my recall of which is fantastic.

I suppose I have some questions:
Why did the guard we met want goats so much?

Can I have Fred back? It is not an important, but my friend misses him.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
BL

Ask if they or their Great Queen senses something powerful far to the Northeast.
If so, ask for how long they have sensed it, if it has always existed, or if it suddenly popped into existence one day.

Do they know of an Aish of Ishat?

Ask them what they know of the lands east, west, south, and north of the Great Queen's borders and would be willing to share.

Ask if they have ever heard of Smythos/Smattas/Smis/any being similarly named in their lore, a being who is associated with punishing wicked deeds or defending those in trouble.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
We went with the stupid amber story? Ah well, I guess the chance of somebody coming back down here and trying to barter, knowing their 'great love of amber', is pretty slim. Still, wish we'd been a bit more inspiring and a bit less mercantile about it, drawing parallels between ourself and Zepa would have been good, inspiring to the men.

I also wish we'd chosen to talk about the spirits. What's the harm? It's not even something we're 'forbidden' from talking about. What would it have hurt to talk about? I would have loved to hear their commentary.

Diogines posted:

-Even though you are going to tell the Maggot that your apparently half-Melachim, you have decided you are not going to tell the about the fact you grew wings.

:doh:

I take it from the update that we've already talked about the events of Amalek then, since you said that's what we've started with? In that case:

Was the Brood familiar with Amok when he was last awake?

Does the Brood recognize the name Faramu?

Does the Brood know anything about Asherah?

About Amok's reference to Asherah's chains?

Did the fall of Amalek cause problems for the Brood?

Um, any reaction to us being the child of a Melachim?

Any more info on that?

Vote-wise:

2. H: B+Tell them Zepath is a place of heroes and demon-fights, many great and blessed people live there, and our King Tudiya has bested Dragons and went forth, alone, to destroy a mighty Demon of the sea last Jubilee.

3. L.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

TheCog posted:

Also question time! ROUND 1

How old is the brood?

How many members does the brood have?

What do you know of the lands around the brood?

How do you measure the passage of time?

How does the brood talk to each other?

What does the brood eat?

Is each member of the brood given a purpose, or are they made with a purpose?

How does the doctor brood person know how to heal humans?

What was done with the donkeys?

When is the last time the brood ventured out of the lands of the brood?

Can we meet the great queen? Why not?

How was the one that speaks with us made?

Was he made just for talking with us? What will happen to him when we leave?

How does he consult the consensus?

How did messenger bug know how to speak our language?

Are there other broods?

What do you know of the original Amok?

Were there other civilizations around you?

Can you tell us of the threats that lie between us and safety?

Does the brood poop? Is there a part of the brood that deals with the poop?

Is each member of the brood smart like a human, or are some dumb like mules?

Does the brood like music?

Does the brood have art?

Has the brood ever traded before?

Have the brood discovered the secrets of metal working?

Do they know what the strange metal we found on the giants is and how to shape it?

What does the brood do for fun?

How big is the hive?

Are there other hives?

Does the brood farm?

Does the brood play sports?

What do the brood do in times of trouble?

Do the brood know how to use bows? Do they have any tips on how to improve my archery?

What things do the brood consume the most that aren't food?

I missed you Tomn. Welcome back.

Give me a minute and i'll start on the list.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

I don't know if this is the right time, but

Can they tell us about any specific threats that lie on our expected route between here and Zepath, and how we might avoid or best fight them?

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

Diogines posted:

I missed you Tomn. Welcome back.

Give me a minute and i'll start on the list.

I apologize ahead of time. I just really really like this aspect of the game, and this is the first really alien culture we get to experience (that isn't actively trying to kill us. At the moment) .

Like, being a badass is an awesome part of the game, but meeting strange new cultures and trying to figure out their secrets is my favorite part.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

2. B
3. L

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

BK

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
DK

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Describe the strange incident with the disappearing children we experienced shortly before our arrival, and ask if they have any insight into what happened.

Ask them how the world was formed

Ask them the story of the origin of the hive and The Great Queen

Ask if they have ever gone to war for reasons other than defense

Ask what they have found most surprising about the information we have shared so far

I'm going to wait to listen to some answers before I vote.

Also:

:siren: COME BACK THOMN IT'S YOUR TIME TO SHINE!! :siren:

Globofglob
Jan 14, 2008
D, K

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Diogines posted:

This THANK YOU SUNDAE is for those who helped to count the last vote.

Thank you!

Is there an Ice Cream (or insert Urian dessert food here) making bug?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Picture made me really crave a banana split