Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NuttO
Oct 22, 2001

sold fifty gold sixty platinum

Coolguye posted:

i look forward to seeing your hello world on github

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Is going to be GOTY 2016.

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

emTme3 fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Mar 31, 2022

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

splifyphus posted:

warhammer 40k full conversion

I can see this happening and being amazing and getting completely shut down by lawyers

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Kenshin posted:

I can see this happening and being amazing and getting completely shut down by lawyers

That game Templar Battleforce is literally improved space hulk with a bare minimum of effort put toward changing names of things, and it's being sold right now on Steam with no repercussions. (It's also very good)

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

emTme3 fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Mar 31, 2022

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

splifyphus posted:

The games setting and mechanics just scream for it. I would totally pay for a decent XCOM: Space Marine.
So would I. With the geoscape as the world the war is being fought over, similar to Dawn of War II. :v:

So many different possibilities for enemies.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I mentoined this in the X Files thread but someone should really do like a little X Cops thing, just a few missions where you control Fox and Scully and 2 cops.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I do hope the strategy layer is moddable enough to do ADVENT: the alien collaboration simulator.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Fangz posted:

I do hope the strategy layer is moddable enough to do ADVENT: the alien collaboration simulator.

Well with what we've been shown as far as what they're providing us, the question is less 'are we able to do this' and more 'are we able to make this fun', I think

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Actually it would just be better to stick Mulder and Scully in the game instead of making a conversion mod or whatever. Just have Fox be constantly smug he was right all along and Scully give you some sort of autopsy bonus.

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

emTme3 fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Mar 31, 2022

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I had no idea this was coming out so soon. gently caress yeah!

Loving the heavy duty Syndicate/Syndicate Wars vibe in this one. Can't wait.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Still hoping that there are more enemies and research projects that we don't know about.

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

So is Bradford's Sweater going to be DLC or is there a cutscene at the end where he victoriously puts it on having avenged the loss of the original X-Com.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Junpei posted:

Still hoping that there are more enemies and research projects that we don't know about.

According to them we haven't seen half of the enemies yet. I can guarantee there's research we don't know about too, but it'll probably follow similar lines to EW.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

splifyphus posted:

warhammer 40k full conversion

i want a hunter mod tbh

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Fuzz posted:

Ooo, that's a thought. Bring in some more Syndicate themed stuff.

I know a lot of people are hard on the FPS Syndicate but it had some fun guns. The two that could see and shoot through walls would be nice to have to eliminate line of sight blockers, and the chain gun with homing bullets and the hand held swarming missile launcher would be cool too. We already hack brains, so ripping chips out of people's heads would be a cosmetic difference.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Fuzz posted:

You should check out Satellite Reign, its by the makers if Syndicate and has similar but updated gameplay.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Lotish posted:

I know a lot of people are hard on the FPS Syndicate but it had some fun guns. The two that could see and shoot through walls would be nice to have to eliminate line of sight blockers, and the chain gun with homing bullets and the hand held swarming missile launcher would be cool too. We already hack brains, so ripping chips out of people's heads would be a cosmetic difference.
Apparently the co-op mode of that game was ridiculously fun, too bad nobody will ever know because it is origin only

Speedball posted:

You should check out Satellite Reign, its by the makers if Syndicate and has similar but updated gameplay.
That game owns

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Possibility: Armor that has the "re-stealth after cover is blown" skill that Rangers get?
Armor that has the Blast Padding Grenadier passive?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Oh yeah, I played it on console. It had some others that could be fun, like a belt-fed shotgun that could be incorporated to give Grenadiers a weapon that increases accuracy and crit chance at close range at the obvious sacrifice of long range.

I can also see something like a mode where plainclothes but heavily modified operatives in an EXALT vein working for competitive ADVENT governments receive missions to sabotage other collaborator governments in order to advance their place in the ADVENT hierarchy.

"Agent. New India has developed a mutagen that could accelerate the AVATAR project. They must not be allowed to keep it, or their place in the ADVENT hierarchy will threaten our own. Infiltrate the New India lab facility. Dispose of any assets, organic or mechanical, that you encounter, and secure that mutagen. Leave no trace of our involvement, and you will be among the first to be uplifted."

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Rangers don't get to renew concealment, they simply don't lose concealment when other people do

redoing concealment might cause some pretty hilarious AI fuckups though

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Coolguye posted:

Rangers don't get to renew concealment, they simply don't lose concealment when other people do

Actually, they do.
Check out Christopherodd's Ranger skill tree vid.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Coolguye posted:

They've got an ability later in the tree that reconceals them once a mission. I think it's just called Conceal or something.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Oh right, I completely forgot about that one

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

Junpei posted:

You should make a thread where we have fun speculating what they are!!!!

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Lander county's safe as heaven,
despite all the strife and boilin',
Tin Star,
Oh how she's an icon of the eastern west,
But now the time has come to end our song,
of the Tin Star, the Tin Star!
Also re-entering concealment is occasionally a hack reward.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
let the junpeis roam free on this tender plain

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Hey Junpei. Tell you what. If you actually mod weapons in the game and post them on the nexus, I'll buy you platinum.

You're a blithering idiot that just goes on and on but you have some great ideas.

Put those ideas to work, learn how to mod the game and start your path to a career in STEM.

You'll fit in with the other autistic code monkeys you'll be sharing a cube farm with one day.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Roobanguy posted:

i want a hunter mod tbh

If you mean Hunter: The Reckoning/The Vigil, then I agree

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

If you mean Hunter: The Reckoning/The Vigil, then I agree

yeah, thats what i meant, probably should of typed the full name haha.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Junpei posted:

Things I want to mod in:
Medi-grenade (heals all allies in blast radius)
Chain Grenade (prevents enemies from moving)
Thunder Rounds (+1 damage, stuns organic enemies and disables mechanical ones)

I think learning how to mod XCOM 2 will be a good experience and might cause you to develop some marketable skills in the long run. I know a guy who started out modding things and messing around with flash as a hobby, he eventually started supporting himself with his work and wound up with a very nice government job from the repertoire of skills he built from his hobby. I hope it goes well for you Junpei. :)

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Mildly disappointed that 'No Junpeis' wasn't just a joke about 20% chance to miss with sword attacks.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

kater posted:

Mildly disappointed that 'No Junpeis' wasn't just a joke about 20% chance to miss with sword attacks.

Well, I don't think Yukari, Akihiko or Mitsuru are going to show up.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
just wanna say that I've totally tuned out of all pre-release coverage since this was announced and I'm only coming in knowing "it's based off of when you lost the first game and there's some concealment mechanics now" and I'm insanely loving hype

Enemy Unknown is one of my favorite games of all time, UFO defense is one of my favorite games of all time, and if this doesn't join them I'm gonna be super shocked

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

ParanoidInc posted:

just wanna say that I've totally tuned out of all pre-release coverage since this was announced and I'm only coming in knowing "it's based off of when you lost the first game and there's some concealment mechanics now" and I'm insanely loving hype

Enemy Unknown is one of my favorite games of all time, UFO defense is one of my favorite games of all time, and if this doesn't join them I'm gonna be super shocked

Do yourself a favor - don't watch or read anything else about it. In 5 days you get to experience all of it fresh and, I promise you, it'll be so much better that way. I still remember reading that Arthur C. Clarke quote from XCOM: EU in the beginning and being sooooo glad, that I deliberately chose not to learn any details about it beforehand at all, other than that it's XCOM and returning in the same format as it started.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Just finished the novel, and I gotta say, it does get better about halfway through. The more they focus on the poor dumb grunts, the better. All the Forrest Gumping they do to set up the beginning of XCOM 2 just detracts from the best part of any XCOM narrative--the hatred you feel towards stupid loving rookies who miss every shot, your amazement when some of them actually do cool poo poo, and how shattered you are when they die to a random thin man through full cover.

It also does a pretty good job of demonstrating why the average person thinks ADVENT are the good guys. They have an excellent PR Department.

Vengarr fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Feb 1, 2016

Calipark
Feb 1, 2008

That's cool.
Here's a (bad) idea that I believe could be hilarious.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1DFyfwTHtPYNyn52qKzWhWhRU085cJVn4p6P7N1COwXs/viewform

Submit your XCOM 2 mod ideas here. All of them.

View them (laugh at them) here:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1DFyfwTHtPYNyn52qKzWhWhRU085cJVn4p6P7N1COwXs/viewanalytics?usp=form_confirm

Enjoy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Can the Weed trooper use the cum gun?