Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Oh look no time limits and a gigantic map, who would've guessed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Trying to decide between the normal and deluxe preorders. Is this reinforcement pack just cosmetic goodies or does it touch on gameplay? It's hard to tell from the description.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
All cosmetic.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
A few days ago I saw a video in Italian with cutscenes from a mission where they rescue the commander. Is that the tutorial?

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

Fuligin posted:

Trying to decide between the normal and deluxe preorders. Is this reinforcement pack just cosmetic goodies or does it touch on gameplay? It's hard to tell from the description.

The Digital Deluxe is more or less saving 5 or so bucks on the three first DLCs that'll come out over spring and summer.

I went for it because I'm a dork, mostly and I know I'll be buying them when they come out at full price ANYWAY.

There's also the thing you get for preordering that is just cosmetics, yeah, that is independent from the Deluxe version.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Guy I know on another forum gifted me XCOM 2 on Steam and I'm over here trying not to :qq:

My body is ready.

64bitrobot
Apr 20, 2009

Likes to Lurk
"Stunlancers are balanced"

They are probably the most terrifying thing at the start of the game.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Even if he's starting to recover from that huge loss earlier, I just can't seem how Beagle is possibly going to stop the Avatar project in this playthrough.

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

emTme3 fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Mar 31, 2022

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The ship ai kind of sounds like ADA from Zone of the Enders to me.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Fuligin posted:

The reinforcement pack is just a season pass for their first three DLC. The first DLC is cosmetic-only, the second and third have new classes and enemies and event maps and poo poo.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Kenshin posted:

Even if he's starting to recover from that huge loss earlier, I just can't seem how Beagle is possibly going to stop the Avatar project in this playthrough.

He's been really stubborn about avoiding expanding his territory. Maybe that served him well in the demo build but it's really biting him on the rear end here. Without territory you can't attack Dark Events well.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Haha, we'll see what happens when the Avatar project reaches its completion, cause Beagle cannot stop getting distracted by every little thing.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

By the way I know rockets are out; do grenade launchers have that same margin of error? I love that.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I'm going to need to figure out how to export the dildobat from Saint's Row and import it in as a sword skin.

64bitrobot
Apr 20, 2009

Likes to Lurk

Kenshin posted:

It's kind of unfortunate, I'd love to see him turn it around.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

RBA Starblade posted:

By the way I know rockets are out; do grenade launchers have that same margin of error? I love that.

No, grenade launchers work the same way as normal grenades do, but with larger AOE and longer range.

By the way, rockets are back as heavy weapons on the exosuits.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Zoran posted:

No, grenade launchers work the same way as normal grenades do, but with larger AOE and longer range.

By the way, rockets are back as heavy weapons on the exosuits.

I didn't know that. I'm even more excited now. :v:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Wow I love the crappy cheap robot voice the Advent MECs have. Do they have a winding key on their back?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

Wow I love the crappy cheap robot voice the Advent MECs have. Do they have a winding key on their back?

They might not even have a human brain in there. It's like the drone suits Whiplash made in Iron Man 2: an exo-armor that has the human brain replaced.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Man it really bugs me the more I think about it. I hope they just run with it and have the intro be you losing all your rookies to a sectoid in month 1, then smash cutting to 20 years later. :haw:

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

Man it really bugs me the more I think about it. I hope they just run with it and have the intro be you losing all your rookies to a sectoid in month 1, then smash cutting to 20 years later. :haw:

I'm going with my "mental time travel" fanon theory. Ethereals let humans in in game 1, come back earlier with foreknowledge of everything in game 2, kill XCOM before it even gets off the ground.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
Hey guys, late to the thread and also slightly off topic, but I have any of you heard for sure whether the mac release will be on the same day as the PC release?

I have a windows desktop that can probably play this thing on lowish settings but it's not in the state where I spend most of my time.

The lack of mac system reqs on steam concerns me, because it makes me think the mac release date will slip, and I loving love XCOM perhaps more than anything else in existence, and the thought of having to wait longer fills me with an indescribable pain.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Cathode Raymond posted:

Hey guys, late to the thread and also slightly off topic, but I have any of you heard for sure whether the mac release will be on the same day as the PC release?

I have a windows desktop that can probably play this thing on lowish settings but it's not in the state where I spend most of my time.

The lack of mac system reqs on steam concerns me, because it makes me think the mac release date will slip, and I loving love XCOM perhaps more than anything else in existence, and the thought of having to wait longer fills me with an indescribable pain.

I would also like to know this. Every source I can find says same-day release but still...

I bet if Beagle had more Blademaster rangers instead of Phantoms he'd be better equipped to deal with the Stun Lancers. Get some Bladestorm going to counter those assholes when they get in melee range.

Speedball fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Feb 1, 2016

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
It's just not Beagle's day.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

:rip: campaign ahahahahaha.

Edit: Though this is Beagle we're talking about so he's more or less got this covered.

Crosspeice fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Feb 1, 2016

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
drat, he might actually pull this off.

Edit: Oh my god, the mimic beacon is amazing.

AegisP fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Feb 1, 2016

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
That seems completely broken.

64bitrobot
Apr 20, 2009

Likes to Lurk
...Holy poo poo Mimic beacons are amazing.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
mimic beacon is amazing holy poo poo

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
the mimic beacon owns, drat

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

That seems completely broken.

It's balanced by only lasting one turn and having limited health. But it's clearly great for getting alien death squads off your rear end, yeah. WAY better than XCOM 1's mimic beacon.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Well holy poo poo.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

"You're pretty good!"

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

So, uh, this game seems really easy guys. Might have to mod in some difficulty, because pfffffffffffft

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
The Mimic Beacon can appear on the MVP list for most under fire, beautiful.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Chin Strap posted:

Really disappointed that controller support isn't in at launch.

Wait what the gently caress? Seriously?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

"Everyone, stop freaking out about the blacksite!" *is two pips from campaign failure with one imminent Dark Event guaranteed to add an extra pip*

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I was a little concerned about the Avatar Project until I realized it's just the Doom Meter. I'll miss interceptors though. They were rad as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

I was a little concerned about the Avatar Project until I realized it's just the Doom Meter. I'll miss interceptors though. They were rad as hell.

Instead you have to dodge enemy UFOs chasing YOU.