Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Brony paints pony... with own blood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Say Nothing posted:

Needs more blood. A lot more.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Wouldn't that like....absolutely reek after a day or two? That's a lot of blood to hang indoors.

Also wtf is wrong with people these days.

Waverhouse
Jun 8, 2009

A highly sophisticated simpleton.
These people have always been around, it's just that nowadays they have deviantart.

Honestly real curious to the amount of overlap between deviantart and gun-owner-websites.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Say Nothing posted:

Huh. I've got that same facial expression right now.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ryoshi posted:

Also wtf is wrong with people these days.

Do you have zero art history education or something

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Pomp posted:

Do you have zero art history education or something

I actually studied Renaissance art in Florence for months, but I skipped learning about the modern art diarrhea Jesuses and such because I'm not a 12 year old kid on Newgrounds

Sorry if you failed to make this wise life choice :(

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ryoshi posted:

I'm not a 12 year old kid on Newgrounds

jesus christ really???

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ryoshi posted:

I actually studied Renaissance art in Florence for months, but I skipped learning about the modern art diarrhea Jesuses and such because I'm not a 12 year old kid on Newgrounds

jesus loving christ

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Say Nothing posted:

Probably either fake or period blood (looks a little chunky)

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Ryoshi posted:

Hahahahahahahaaha

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

Ryoshi posted:

Everything people hate about the stereotypical art major packed into one little post

This is truly art in itself

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Post modern art is stupid though. This guy thinks so and he's a teacher so he can't be wrong:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNI07egoefc

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

Post modern art is stupid though. This guy thinks so and he's a teacher so he can't be wrong:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNI07egoefc

I mean, there were other continents besides Europe for starters. I wonder what art they were making back then... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

The video is also a prime example of how badly anecdotal evidence messes with an argument. If I ever give lessons in debate again, that video is going to be really useful.

edit: Oh my god, his other videos get even worse.

Ramos has a new favorite as of 16:00 on Feb 2, 2016

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012
The 'about' page at PragerU is fascinating.

quote:

"Students no longer learn that America is a land of opportunity, a defender of freedom around the world, and a source of pride. Instead, they are taught that America is a land of inequality, racism, imperialism, and, ultimately, shame that can only be redeemed through the adoption of leftist ideals."

quote:

Our goal is to reach every teacher and professor who shares our values. We are building the largest community of conservative educators in America.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
That brony should have used all his blood, and possibly the blood of another brony.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Marta Velasquez posted:

Everything people hate about the stereotypical art major packed into one little post

This is truly art in itself

Not an art major either, I like being a productive member of society. :)

VVVV good art major impression :cheers:

Rockman Reserve has a new favorite as of 19:51 on Feb 2, 2016

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Ryoshi posted:

:jerkbag:

Scathach has a new favorite as of 19:51 on Feb 2, 2016

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Ryoshi posted:

Ryoshi posted:

VVVV good art major impression :cheers:
Lol

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Ryoshi posted:

Weirdly specific and insufferably pretentious. Gold star art nerd.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Whole lotta folks seem to think I'm really into art when I said almost the exact opposite, weird how goons are so bad at reading.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

How the hell do you spend months in Florence studying art and not be into art?

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

By being into Italian and the history of the Renaissance era.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ryoshi posted:

go watch your weird fuckin italian cartoons (or Italianime as they call it)

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

Ryoshi posted:

So maybeeee.....study the history of the Renaissance era?

Content:

These two masks were used by a guy they're calling 'the Swedish Fritzl' to transport a drugged woman from her home, into his homemade rape-bunker where he kept her for a week. He apparently fed her Rohypnol-laced strawberries, put her in a wheelchair with the old woman mask on, put on the other mask, and just....drove away, no one the wiser.

Here's the story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35399854

Astrofig has a new favorite as of 03:55 on Feb 3, 2016

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Ryoshi posted:

Whole lotta folks seem to think I'm really into art when I said almost the exact opposite, weird how goons are so bad at reading.

Okay then, you loving loser history nerd.
Is that better?

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

You seem very upset. You should calm down, it would likely help your reading comprehension issues as well as your blood pressure.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Oh poo poo it's the u mad, everyone has been owned

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ryoshi you actin a fool bro

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Ryoshi posted:

You seem very upset. You should calm down, it would likely help your reading comprehension issues as well as your blood pressure.

Whoa buddy chill, this is just the creepy picture thread. No need to be so intense

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Ryoshi posted:

Keep going, I wanna see how deep of a hole you can dig.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

Astrofig posted:

Content:

These two masks were used by a guy they're calling 'the Swedish Fritzl' to transport a drugged woman from her home, into his homemade rape-bunker where he kept her for a week. He apparently fed her Rohypnol-laced strawberries, put her in a wheelchair with the old woman mask on, put on the other mask, and just....drove away, no one the wiser.

Here's the story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35399854

I don't know if every company does it, but one of the only places I know that makes masks like that has to get your full information before they can sell them to you. It makes sense, now. I can't imagine anything productive being done with those masks.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

gently caress!!! I have been owned so hard!
Somebody post some creepy images so my shame is hidden away! Also before Ryoshi pms me again asking me why I'm so mad!!

E: Actually, I have a request. I see a lot of American posters talking about a book series with really intensely scary illustrations, apparently a kids book? This wasn't something we had in my country afaik, so if anyone knows the book I'm talking about can you name it/post images from it? I'd love to check it out.

Roro has a new favorite as of 23:16 on Feb 3, 2016

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark
More Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark
Scary Stories 3 More Tales to Chill Your Bones
https://www.google.com/search?q=sca...ell+in+the+dark

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The stories themselves aren't scary in the slightest, half of them end on grandpa puns, but the illustrations were amazing.

So obviously they've been reissued with those taken out.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Thanks guys! It's a pity they took the illustrations out, but I guess children can never be exposed to anything that is not cotton wool.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

RandomFerret posted:

The stories themselves aren't scary in the slightest, half of them end on grandpa puns, but the illustrations were amazing.

They didn't just take them out, they replaced them with more appropriate imagery. Oh man, look what they've done.

This means your lovely nephew is going to read the new version and think everyone from the last 30 years were huge pussies for being afraid of pictures like these.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I like how the priest is like "Miss, please, I am a man of the cloth."

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

RandomFerret posted:

The Thing that walked across the field in a tuxedo terrified me until I was in my twenties. I couldn't close my eyes without seeing the drawing. Sure, the stories are lame, but the illustrations still make my blood run cold. I don't want anyone coming for my toes either and heads falling down the chimney aren't cool.

The new illustrations are an abomination. Fortunately, I have the 3 volume collection with the original illustrations so my daughters can have proper nightmares when they are ready.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I would like for someone to set up an interview with the new artist, and then the two of them just stare in silence for several, uncomfortable minutes, until finally, exasperated, the interviewer says "What the poo poo man?!"