Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I'm glad that designing an interesting livery for an F1 car is illegal. Apart from the glorious Scuderia Ferrari adorned with the finest Rosso Corsa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

They put the colors the wrong way round.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Good news guys, they kept the twitter guy.

https://twitter.com/RenaultSportF1

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

I'm literally falling asleep.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

td4guy posted:

It looks leagues better than any of the liveries last year. If you don't like it you have very bad taste i.e. your a Tiffoso.

Bet it ends up being like the amazing Red Bull livery they had for testing, then they didn't use it and instead went with the same boring poo poo.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

Riso posted:

Good news guys, they kept the twitter guy.

https://twitter.com/RenaultSportF1

Literally the only positive here is that this guy now gets paid on time.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alain Post posted:

Boring imo

It could have been much worse. All Black is fine, but I wish they had gone with the Yellowjacket livery.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

jammyozzy posted:

I am so glad that doesn't have red Total logos on the front wing this time around.

The Black/Gold looked good 30 years ago on the 98T, it was ugly on a modern car.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
With haas rumored to be black with ferrari red accents and McHonda dark grey with slightly different red accents to last year this is going to be a very serious and grown up looking grid.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

Human Grand Prix posted:

It could have been much worse. All Black is fine, but I wish they had gone with the Yellowjacket livery.

It definitely could've been worse, McLaren looked pretty bad last year. I really wish I could understand the decision chain where they look at everyone clearly clamouring for a retro style livery and decide gently caress it were going to water it down in an attempt to modernize it.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Its at times like this when you look back and wonder "What might have been"?

(total has killed so many potentially tasteful liveries with their dumb red blocks its ridiculous)

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

I kinda like the matte bits tbh

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

td4guy posted:

That's a nice car, what's wrong with you people?

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

funeral fag posted:

I kinda like the matte bits tbh

Well don't like it too much, since it's probably just a testing livery. FIA regulates that no one can do anything cool or interesting during the season.

TheJudge13 posted:

Jerome Stoll stated the predominantly black livery would be the one we will see through the two winter tests in Barcelona, but that the livery will change for the first race in Melbourne: “It will be equally elegant, but maybe not black.”

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Pirelli had a test car built by lotus in 2010/11 in matte black, possibly a nod to that with a view to some livery through the ages poster or something.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I thought the Pirelli test hack was a stillborn 2010 Toyota?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I want more yellow on the grid.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

i agree 100%. even the matte parts are cool. It might look better under natural light

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
So the livery is not the real one and neither is the car obviously weeks away from testing. At least there's this

https://twitter.com/RenaultSportF1/status/694873388704227328

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Human Grand Prix posted:

I thought the Pirelli test hack was a stillborn 2010 Toyota?

It ended up as a toyota lotus hybrid thing.

/posted with adanoids

They tried to buy the TF110 when Toyota caved, but ended up getting the TF109 (2009) for some reason, presumably because it came with a free Nick Heidfeld, who immediately binned it. Lotus did the maintenance on it including adding stuff like KERS, DRS and so on in exchange for tires. Other teams got pissy because they thought Lotus/James Allison were getting access to data they were not, which given how well they did in 2012 may have been a fair point and the pirelli car got canned.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

poty posted:

So the livery is not the real one and neither is the car obviously weeks away from testing. At least there's this

https://twitter.com/RenaultSportF1/status/694873388704227328

Well toot-toot, who is this lively looking little minx? :wink:

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I'd like to follow the development in her vest...if you know what

simble
May 11, 2004

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

It's because it's different. It is a nice looking livery.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

simble posted:

It's because it's different. It is a nice looking livery.

It looks like the packaging for my sister's gamer mouses or headsets, its dumb.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Hey look at that Ferrari have cool looking bright red cars and sell a poo poo load of merchandising, oh wow, Williams are making an absolute fortune because fans think the clean white with pops of colour in exactly the right places is awesome, so, what should we make our cars, cool, novel and interesting? Naw, gently caress it, let's just go black or grey which will always look poo poo on tarmac.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

they are quite clearly hedging their bets in case they sign a new sponsor. especially during the season, you can't massively change your livery, so doing something "fun" and "different" just means limiting your options.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

learnincurve posted:

It ended up as a toyota lotus hybrid thing.

/posted with adanoids

They tried to buy the TF110 when Toyota caved, but ended up getting the TF109 (2009) for some reason, presumably because it came with a free Nick Heidfeld, who immediately binned it. Lotus did the maintenance on it including adding stuff like KERS, DRS and so on in exchange for tires. Other teams got pissy because they thought Lotus/James Allison were getting access to data they were not, which given how well they did in 2012 may have been a fair point and the pirelli car got canned.

I can spot the TF09 with any livery, that nose/front wing was such a uniquely lovely looking design

not as bad as that one Renault though (don't hate me lurking nickthenorse)

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Tsaedje posted:

I can spot the TF09 with any livery, that nose/front wing was such a uniquely lovely looking design

not as bad as that one Renault though (don't hate me lurking nickthenorse)

Yeah the nose is very weird. Very narrow, the would be-2010 car's nose is different and more conventional looking.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

1500quidporsche posted:

It looks like the packaging for my sister's gamer mouses or headsets, its dumb.

Like your posting
:troll:

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

monkeytennis posted:

Well toot-toot, who is this lively looking little minx? :wink:

Carmen Jorda, they showed her in pretty much every race last season.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Norns posted:

I want more yellow on the grid.

I don't think Kobayashi or Sato are coming back anytime soon. :(

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

td4guy posted:

The matte black bits should be yellow.

gret posted:

good post.

MustardFacial fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Feb 3, 2016

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

gret posted:

LOL

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
So what do you guys get up to during off season or perhaps when races are not dominating our weekends. As I have never been rich enough nor ever will be to partake in motor sports at lesser levels, or even carting on a regular basis I get my adrenaline kicks through mountain biking. Thinking about doing the coast to coast later this year in the UK that is. 7 days of pure fun through awesome scenery. Seriously with scenery like you get in many parts of the UK you never need to go abroad.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Like your posting
:troll:

I love you too baby :wink:

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Alonso is alive and looking as handsome as ever

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBVdMmhhmrh/

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

So what do you guys get up to during off season or perhaps when races are not dominating our weekends. As I have never been rich enough nor ever will be to partake in motor sports at lesser levels, or even carting on a regular basis I get my adrenaline kicks through mountain biking. Thinking about doing the coast to coast later this year in the UK that is. 7 days of pure fun through awesome scenery. Seriously with scenery like you get in many parts of the UK you never need to go abroad.

Lots of sim racing, and watching old races I've never seen.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I build scale models, F1 and other motorsports.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

j.o

• Locked thread