Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Champagne vs Sparkling wine.

both suck.

Only hard liquor and beer chat allowed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Today was actually kind of newsy in that Ben said that CIG is basically development anarchy where everyone does their own pet projects at their leisure with apparently no actual deadlines (lol as if there ever were) or planning.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

i just skip 10 pages at a time and see if anything quoted is referencing poo poo i don't know

nice strat

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Booourns posted:

This thread would be a lot more fun if you could actually read it.
Think you guys could cut back a little on the food chat, cat posting, "wow this thread has lots of replies", madden football gif generator gifs, and completely random off topic chat?
It would be real cool if I didn't have to skip through 5 pages at a time looking for actual SC related stuff

This thread would be intolerable without cat pics.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Tippis posted:

No, don't. You don't know where it's been and what it might be carrying.

Below Canada and lots of poverty?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

trucutru posted:

both suck.

Only hard liquor and beer chat allowed

No I meant the story between whiskey and whisky is regional naming, like the difference in wine names.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Booourns posted:

Think you guys could cut back a little on the food chat, cat posting, "wow this thread has lots of replies", madden football gif generator gifs, and completely random off topic chat?
It would be real cool if I didn't have to skip through 5 pages at a time looking for actual SC related stuff

You first.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

hanales posted:

Down with cattes Unless they are cute, long live :dogge:

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

Ghostlight posted:

Hey guys, I'm about to get some rump steak out of the fridge for dinner, can everyone just shitpost instructions at me on how to cook it in the least effective manner possible

duct tape it to the radiator of your car then just drive around for an hour or so

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Gerblyn posted:

duct tape it to the radiator of your car then just drive around for an hour or so

That's for Kraft Dinner.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Catching up is for chumps.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Justin Tyme posted:

Today was actually kind of newsy in that Ben said that CIG is basically development anarchy where everyone does their own pet projects at their leisure with apparently no actual deadlines (lol as if there ever were) or planning.

To be fair this seems like a smart way to run the PU misdirection campaign while they desperately try to make a salable game with SQ42.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Ghostlight posted:

Hey guys, I'm about to get some rump steak out of the fridge for dinner, can everyone just shitpost instructions at me on how to cook it in the least effective manner possible

Buy the $3500 SPECIAL PRICE FOR U ONLY!! $2500 TNGS first prize AMD rig. Put steak in oven computer and do some benchmarking

That thing's like $1200W, not gonna take long

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Lol if you don't spend hours every day catching up to this thread

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Booourns posted:

yeah but look at it this way, at least when you see 1800+ posts unread, 95% of them are just noise posts and most pages only take as long as it takes to scroll all the way down to hit next page.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Solarin posted:

To be fair this seems like a smart way to run the PU misdirection campaign while they desperately try to make a salable game with SQ42.

That's true, especially with not only shifting focus but also shifting money to the UK. Pretty much confirms that the PU is something CR wishes would go away.

I always just skip to the last 3 pages of a thread, if something major happened then people surely will still be talking about it. Perhaps someone should start up a SC news site that only posts the best tidbits from the thread.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Justin Tyme posted:

Yeah but that's just his opinion at the time he stated that information. He is not a reliable source of information nor should anyone quote him at any point.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

Person A, having gifted the item to Person B, is no longer the rightful owner of the item. So Person A doing the chargeback, thus leaving Person B holding the bag, is the real issue here.

Derek for a full year CIG were selling LTI ships to original backers, while new backers couldn't get LTI. So it was extremely common for new backers to gift their non-lti package to a trusted original backer who would melt the non lti package, buy a lti version and gift it back. Most original backers did this for free and threads talking about the game advised new backers to do this, CIG knew about it and didn't really have an issue with it.

They recommended people avoid the grey market but that's different as the real money for LTI laundering went to CIG and the melt/buy with credits took place on RSI, no paypal involved and the RSI hangar logs show a history of the transactions, so person A gifting a non-LTI Rear Admiral to person B and receiving a LTI Rear Admiral in return a few minutes later is easy to track.

Years later people get told this affects the amount they can get refunded, even though that's not true, for a long time CIG were refunding gifted items as long as the amount was less that the person had spent on the account (which makes sense and is fine).

[PSA] CIG is loving up to those who helped them during LTI conversion days

CIG can look at the total someone has spent on their account and in the majority of cases the melt value of the items on the account will be close or slightly less than that total. So the total purchase value they have to buy things on the RSI store is close to what they've spent which makes sense. But when considering refunds CIG subtracts the value of anything gifted away and does not add on the value of anything received as a gift.

Years after the year long 2013 period when they encouraged gifting to get LTI.

Now I appreciate legally this is complicated but the reason laws are created is to stop companies doing dodgy poo poo like double dipping and these items are digital. Two $1000 backers who gifted $500 to each other both have a melt value of $1000 on their accounts, yet for refunds CIG will only offer $500 each.

AP fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Feb 4, 2016

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

hanales posted:

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Is every top he owns black?

Jesus christ. I remember when citCon started live streaming some goon was like "waiting for cr to show up in all black" and right then dude was decked out in all black lol

And he has a personal stylist? Talk about an easy job

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Justin Tyme posted:

That's true, especially with not only shifting focus but also shifting money to the UK. Pretty much confirms that the PU is something CR wishes would go away.

I always just skip to the last 3 pages of a thread, if something major happened then people surely will still be talking about it. Perhaps someone should start up a SC news site that only posts the best tidbits from the thread.

GNN - Goon News Network

Currently accepting dick pics to determine who will be on the board of erectors.

"Comprehensa - Fraudem - Perfidiam"

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Down with cattes Unless they are cute, long live :dogge:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Romes128 posted:

Jesus christ. I remember when citCon started live streaming some goon was like "waiting for cr to show up in all black" and right then dude was decked out in all black lol

hmm yes today i think monsieur thumb will look good in... black!

*is paid out of the development money raised to build the BDSSE*

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.
Anyone worried about the LTI stuff , check these guys out they are pretty good. Saw the advert in the newspaper last night ...

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Darkpriest667 posted:

Bootcha how the hell do you gently caress up rice?

also

AP posted:

Derek for a full year CIG were selling LTI ships to original backers, while new backers couldn't get LTI. So it was extremely common for new backers to gift their non-lti package to a trusted original backer who would melt the non lti package, buy a lti version and gift it back. Most original backers did this for free and threads talking about the game advised new backers to do this, CIG knew about it and didn't really have an issue with it.

They recommended people avoid the grey market but that's different as the real money for LTI laundering went to CIG and the melt/buy with credits took place on RSI, no paypal involved and the RSI hangar logs show a history of the transactions, so person A gifting a non-LTI Rear Admiral to person B and receiving a LTI Rear Admiral in return a few minutes later is easy to track.

Years later people get told this affects the amount they can get refunded, even though that's not true, for a long time CIG were refunding gifted items as long as the amount was less that the person had spent on the account (which makes sense and is fine).

[PSA] CIG is loving up to those who helped them during LTI conversion days

CIG can look at the total someone has spent on their account and in the majority of cases the melt value of the items on the account will be close or slightly less than that total. So the total purchase value they have to buy things on the RSI store is close to what they've spent which makes sense. But when considering refunds CIG subtracts the value of anything gifted away and does not add on the value of anything received as a gift.

Years after the year long 2013 period when they encouraged gifting to get LTI.

Now I appreciate legally this is complicated but the reason laws are created is to stop companies doing dodgy poo poo like double dipping and these items are digital. Two $1000 backers who gifted $500 to each other both have a melt value of $1000 on their accounts, yet for refunds CIG will only offer $500 each.

the online store is the only competent thing they have produced and it's designed to gently caress you and get your money.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Booourns posted:

gtfo nerd

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Justin Tyme posted:

i guess Ben missed the memo for that for the past 4 years

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Romes128 posted:

Chris: I want to look thinner!

Stylist: Ok, let's see about putting you on a good diet and -

Chris: Perfect! I'll hire a chef!

Stylist: Right. You'll still need to move around -

Chris: Great idea! I should head to the UK and German offices and manage them in-house.

Stylist: But you need to get some exercise!

Chris: Does that involve work?

Stylist: Black top and pants it is!

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Agrajag posted:

i guess Ben missed the memo for that for the past 4 years

Nah. It's probably his own work schedule that he assumes is universal in the company, but is actually just something they dreamed up for him to keep him from breaking things (even more).

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

the online store is the only competent thing they have produced and it's designed to gently caress you and get your money.

Exactly.

LTI only during kickstarter to get money.
extend LTI for a year till Nov 2013 to get money
LTI gifting/melting from new backers till Nov 2013 to get money.
November 2013 8 million the final end of LTI sale month, no take backs we promise
CCU upgrades to upgrade LTI ships and keep LTI to get money
Return of LTI on concept ships to get money
No refunds on gifted items to keep money.

Assuming in November 2013 they knew the game wouldn't be out in November 2014, it's really hard not to see everything as a device to raise funding with zero intention to deliver. LTI still means absolutely nothing and there's no actual game and no sign of one coming either.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Solarin posted:

To help soothe the cringe-pains here is a thread masterpiece from forever ago. Could anyone assign proper credit for this I just had a saved copy

Mr.Tophat

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=888#post454170564

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Chris: I want to look thinner!

Stylist: Ok, let's see about putting you on a good diet and -

Chris: Perfect! I'll hire a chef!

Stylist: Right. You'll still need to move around -

Chris: Great idea! I should head to the UK and German offices and manage them in-house.

Stylist: But you need to get some exercise!

Chris: Does that involve work?

Stylist: Black top and pants it is!

A shocking reveal as Sandi turns out to be quintuple dipping collecting five salaries as stylist, nutritionist, actress, marketing VP and CS rep

Literally doing the work of 6-10 people!

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Gonna need that original Stimpire screencap for...reasons. The one with the electricity that doubles in pain every second. Something eerily charming about it. It's almost inspiring.

Also, does anybody (including people at CIG) know, what is the next major feature we can expect to see in the game?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

BeefThief posted:

Gonna need that original Stimpire screencap for...reasons. The one with the electricity that doubles in pain every second. Something eerily charming about it. It's almost inspiring.

Also, does anybody (including people at CIG) know, what is the next major feature we can expect to see in the game?

A balance patch because the game is done

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Tippis posted:

Nah. It's probably his own work schedule that he assumes is universal in the company, but is actually just something they dreamed up for him to keep him from breaking things (even more).

Ben's 1-week work schedule:

Record an episode of Around the Verse. (This takes all day as Sandi struggles with her script every 30 seconds - thankfully edited out)

Livestream on Fridays. (This also takes all day to "research" all the available content)

The other 3 days are split between moderating one forum, eating, breathing heavily, and planning his exit strategy.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Ben's 1-week work schedule:

The other 3 days are split between moderating one forum, eating, breathing heavily, and planning his exit strategy.

no need to list the same thing twice

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Solarin posted:

A shocking reveal as Sandi turns out to be quintuple dipping collecting five salaries as stylist, nutritionist, actress, marketing VP and CS rep

Literally doing the work of 6-10 people!

Considering how blandly he dresses, compared to his 80's/90's days, this doesn't strike me as unlikely.

Seriously, Chris, put on your Hoyle's Playing Cards. I want to call a spade a spade.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

no need to list the same thing twice

We both know this is his real exit strategy.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Jobbo_Fett posted:

:rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
I'm one of the greatest judges of good threads in the world and have been since I was a child and I can confirm that this thread is good and you should all post more.

• Locked thread