Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

So, uh, more incoming Cyclone nerfs? I can't see them letting the Shadow Trickster do it for free as it currently stands. -24 mana cost from three Elreon rings/amulets is one thing since it takes three slots, etc.

Cyclone + CoC + Faster Attacks + Increased AoE + Poison + Bladefall = 34 mana per use and I'm pretty sure you can get up to something like three attacks per second.

efb: Sort of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Magus42 posted:

Does Flicker Strike count as a movement skill?

I checked before typing that and it is tagged as movement so I'd assume so.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Magus42 posted:

Does Flicker Strike count as a movement skill?

Yep!

Strength: Leap Slam, Shield Charge
Dexterity: Blink Arrow, Cyclone, Flicker Strike, Phase Run, Smoke Mine, Vaal Cyclone, Whirling Blades
Intelligence: Flame Dash, Lightning Warp, Vaal Lightning Warp

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Elementalist Witch looks like she's having the time of her life.

Also free ele prolif looks sweet.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Ekster posted:

Elementalist Witch looks like she's having the time of her life.

Also free ele prolif looks sweet.

No damage penalties, but the radius is even smaller than the gem version, and the gem version is tiny.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Ascendancy is definitely going to get me back in the game a bit... I like what's happening with these ascensions.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Ekster posted:

If you want top end ES gear it's going to cost you a lot, but if you go for decent ES it isn't too bad in my experience.
I never know how to read something like this. Is "top end" when you stop looking at buyout-only or merely in the ~10ex range? Is "decent" the stuff I'm buying at 10's of chaos or is that what you'd call "entry" or "scrub" or something? I'm comfortably tanky up through t7, haven't really hit the wall though.

And I was, inelegantly, trying to ask if I switch over to a build that relies on evasion or armor if the same actual tankiness for the same cost? As in other games had defensive stats that involved massively different calculations so certain classes or defensive schemes weren't really able to hit the same total EHP.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

JawnV6 posted:

I never know how to read something like this. Is "top end" when you stop looking at buyout-only or merely in the ~10ex range? Is "decent" the stuff I'm buying at 10's of chaos or is that what you'd call "entry" or "scrub" or something? I'm comfortably tanky up through t7, haven't really hit the wall though.

And I was, inelegantly, trying to ask if I switch over to a build that relies on evasion or armor if the same actual tankiness for the same cost? As in other games had defensive stats that involved massively different calculations so certain classes or defensive schemes weren't really able to hit the same total EHP.

Yes, that's what I meant to say, decent being 5-15 chaos gear and top end being multiple ex.

ES is considerably more expensive than an equivalent armor or evasion build, yes. Unless you're rich you're better off going for a life-based build in most cases. You don't need that much ES for a EB/MoM/ZO build (which is still life-based) so it's still affordable at that range but if you're going CI or low-life you're going to have a harder time than life-based builds unless you have the cash to buy top-tier stuff.

Ekster fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Feb 5, 2016

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Well I was already thinking of doing another perma freeze caster (I did one for the beta for 2.0, ps; it was pretty loving good) so hellooooooo new witch class.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
I don't really get the trickster class outside of walk the aether... Is it just intended to be like the generalist ascension for Shadows?
I guess it makes more sense when you have to choose 6 points, but it definitely seems like the least cohesive of the ascensions outside of 'benefits mana/es/ev'. Atleast MoM+Walk the Aether+Weave the Arcane with Lightning Warp as your main damage skill sounds fun and super sturdy.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

It's overall lackluster but in exchange for that it gets a passive that literally breaks a fundamental part of the game.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
It doesn't have many flashy things, but it has one game-breaking thing and a couple other just solid buffs.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Kild posted:

In image form

What does using an [Element] Skill mean? If HoT procs, is that a cast? I wanna see some weird lightning incinerator build.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Shaper of Desolation seems cool

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...lorXz-j8ho-8i8=

My skill tree plan for the 24h race as a dual totem Templar, if anyone wants some ideas. Uses 49 skill points; I'll get 7 from quests (flat life from bandits), The Harvest is level 40, so roughly 48-49 points is a good estimate for what I can get. I took lots of life and armor and resistances where I could get it (including Chaos res), 4.3% life regen, and the good nearby damage nodes so it doesn't take too long to kill things.

Might be overkill in the planning department considering the tons of strongboxes but I'm not a hardcore player at all and die all the time in act 4 when levelling up new characters, so I wanna play it safe.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Kild posted:

In image form

Paragon of Calamity, potential for a amazing righteous fire build?
Those elementals could be interesting depending on their stats and how long they last.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

It does say hit by, and the RF degen is a DoT which specifically isn't a hit.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Safari Disco Lion posted:

It does say hit by, and the RF degen is a DoT which specifically isn't a hit.

It's still useful if you can wrangle up a redblade helmet, because that way every single physical hit you receive will proc fire damage on you, and buff your regen. Also, the increased damage you deal looks like a global mod, so it should affect the RF burn on enemies.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
playing my first energy shield character

(it's a hybrid)

whoa I just cannot get used to ES being so sensitively dependent on your gear. I upgrade a bit and the bulb explodes.

also: ignite and misc viper poison DoTs, suddenly so annoying. Can't just ignore ignites any more :(

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

My skill tree plan for the 24h race as a dual totem Templar, if anyone wants some ideas. Uses 49 skill points; I'll get 7 from quests (flat life from bandits), The Harvest is level 40, so roughly 48-49 points is a good estimate for what I can get. I took lots of life and armor and resistances where I could get it (including Chaos res), 4.3% life regen, and the good nearby damage nodes so it doesn't take too long to kill things.

Might be overkill in the planning department considering the tons of strongboxes but I'm not a hardcore player at all and die all the time in act 4 when levelling up new characters, so I wanna play it safe.

No idea on your spec so if someone else can comment that would be cool. But usually people die in hardcore because they are skipping everything and their mom and under leveled for the zone. I'm just gonna take my time and be safe. But as I say this I will probably die.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009

I'm going to try this:https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...dH9ES0snBBYh2U=

A little more damage, %life, and chaos res, a little less flat life, regen and ele res compared to yours. 6 and 2 3s really I would think. Mine does have the possibility of getting ZO and MoM, not sure if that would be a good idea though.

Korwin
Jan 24, 2011
If I die somewhere in Act 2 and try again with an new Character, will I get the points for killing Brutus gain a second time?

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
I don't think so, or the hardcore racers would just run Malachai six times.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

holy poo poo is the cold unbearable

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
I was 64th overall :toot:

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.
How do the cold patches work in the race now it has started? Stupid work stopping me from playing until this evening!

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

They do damage and chill you. The damage isn't too much early on but in A3 it starts to do a lot of damage. I have 75% cold resist and standing in it does a decent amount of damage, whereas in A1 and A2 the damage was negligible.

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

Thanks. Still trying to work out what build to use, I don't think I can face traps/flame totem again! Was considering whirlwind but I don't know if that is ill advised in this race.

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.

Wtf?

Infinite Monkeys fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Feb 5, 2016

Hauki
May 11, 2010

I got like halfway through the race before realising I just do not give two shits about the rewards and wondered why I wasted all that time

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Nice to see that can still happen. Cool screenshot.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
piety room, cold butt spawned on top of me, she turns into ice rear end in a top hat and im dead

had such nice jewlery and op shield and honourhome and argh

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

You've got general chat open, shocking indeed.

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.

Ekster posted:

You've got general chat open, shocking indeed.
General 820, for challenges

J
Jun 10, 2001

Hauki posted:

I got like halfway through the race before realising I just do not give two shits about the rewards and wondered why I wasted all that time

This is what happened to me too, only at a lot earlier point. The clouds are really annoying and I'm not even to the point where they start doing significant damage yet.

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I was really looking forward to this but reading these posts and watching streams whilst at work has somewhat broken my enthusiasm!

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
The cold spots get seriously scary late A3 into A4, and its a serious bullet hell dodging sort of deal. Be deathly afraid of bear traps from exiles, and just nope out of things (I'm running dual quicksilvers).

Currently made it to Koam, but am really scared due to no fire resistance.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I have a 5link, capped resists, 1.4k health at level 35, and full acrobatics and phase acrobatics. I'm in act 3.

This honestly feels like they are just giving away alt art whispering ice to me.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

In case anyone is still doing the 24 hour race, there is a guaranteed Strange Barrel in Dried Lake. If you are using Fire Spells you can farm a Consuming Dark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Hmm...perhaps coming home from a drink or two was not optimal condition for staying alive in Arctic A4 - got detonate deaded (without a single cold cloud in sight for that matter!)

• Locked thread