Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

keevo posted:

That Jeremih album is soooo good. What's the deal with him and his label though?

It's like way too good and gets better the more you listen. I'm not really sure I think they're loving him around. Shame because he should be huge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
https://twitter.com/EarthWindFire/status/695380702183829504

We wouldn't have Hip-Hop without Maurice White Just letting you know so you can be cool and pretend to know black culture.

The Polish Pirate
Apr 4, 2005

How many Polacks does it take to captain a pirate ship? One.
Is there a good book that talks about the genesis and rise of hip-hop? I'm pretty clueless when it comes to pre-90s rap and want to know more.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

The Polish Pirate posted:

Is there a good book that talks about the genesis and rise of hip-hop? I'm pretty clueless when it comes to pre-90s rap and want to know more.

Why read a book when you can listen to afrika bambataa

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

yes.

Robert Analog posted:

Really like that Ferg. So much good music this week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QEijk5VZbk

yes.

gently caress yes.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I haven't even listened to anything this year because of work and quality poo poo keeps coming out.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
I'm up is... Up

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Track 3 is fireEreeeke Duke yessss

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
explicit version of Fly poo poo Only is out http://audioinbox.com/s/v8z76d

e: new Boosie tape too! February is full of surprises http://www.audiomack.com/album/world-premieres/boosie-badazz

HorseRenoir fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Feb 5, 2016

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i'm up https://soundcloud.com/atlantahiphop/sets/young-thug-im-up-mixtape

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

so many crap features on I'm Up :(

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

there's a reason it isn't called slime season 3 anymore i'll tell you what

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
A few tracks were okay but who is featured on the last one, his gf or something??

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Thug quality control is out the window.

He's been savings song for HiTunes for over two years, he should focus on getting a polished, cohesive work outhere instead of second-rate Metro collabs and weird throwaways.

I like the tape but I know Thugger is capable of delivering something special.

Besson fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Feb 5, 2016

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

features are crap but honestly i like the production more than most thug. i'm enjoying it.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

No pass dat remix gently caress you thug

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Besson posted:

Thug quality control is out the window.
He's been savings song for HiTunes for over two years, he should focus on getting a polished, cohesive work outhere instead of second-rate Metro collabs and weird throwaways.

i legit don't think this will ever happen. Barter 6 was a fluke.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Track 2 would be tight without that weird as gently caress vocal effect

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I actually think his quality control is fine it's just his leak control is like a billion bad

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Jk actually this kinda stinks

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
I kinda agree and I kinda like some of the tracks a lot, idfk it's hard

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
i don't think people are talking enough about how good the longway album is despite its absurd length

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
It's almost as if my criticisms of thug were correct that his quality control is garbage and he has 0 focus. If you make 100 songs every 3 months or so yea 10 should prob be pretty decent :shrug:

Edit: to add to that,'he is obviously bursting with talent but he needs some good coaching and management pref not by birdman.

Barter 6 was far and away his most consistent release but it couldve been even better i think

thathonkey fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Feb 5, 2016

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

thathonkey posted:

It's almost as if my criticisms of thug were correct that his quality control is garbage and he has 0 focus. If you make 100 songs every 3 months or so yea 10 should prob be pretty decent :shrug:

Edit: to add to that,'he is obviously bursting with talent but he needs some good coaching and management pref not by birdman.

Barter 6 was far and away his most consistent release but it couldve been even better i think

honestly they should have kept rich gang going

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
agree with some of that but do not agree b6 could have been better, it's near perfect imo

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
IM UP would be way better if DJ ESSSSCOOOOOO LETTTTTTSSSSS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
was all over the top of it

I serioTHE COOOLEEEEEEST DJ INN THEEEEE WOOOORRRRRRLLLLLD

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

monkeu posted:

IM UP would be way better if DJ ESSSSCOOOOOO LETTTTTTSSSSS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Man you are terrible

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

monkeu posted:

Aussie rap

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
do yall think puffy really got pac killed or na

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
who give a poo poo

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

monkeu posted:

mods???

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

For My People is basically good enough to carry I'm Up. wheezy beatsssssss

Not An Irish Monk
May 1, 2009

The Polish Pirate posted:

The Big Payback is a great read for this. Really comprehensive and dense, covers pretty much everything from the origination of the culture all the way up to the millionaire superstars of the 2000's and seemingly everything in-between. Found it when browsing around a book store a few weeks ago and it's fascinating and descriptive stuff.

an skeleton
Apr 23, 2012

scowls @ u
5 songs into I'm Up and none of the features seemed particularly horrid. I'm staring at this "Ft. Dora and Dolly' and "Ft. Young Butta" and crying, though.

I think Dora is his sister, FYI. Not sure if Dolly is too.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

an skeleton posted:

5 songs into I'm Up and none of the features seemed particularly horrid. I'm staring at this "Ft. Dora and Dolly' and "Ft. Young Butta" and crying, though.

I think Dora is his sister, FYI. Not sure if Dolly is too.

yeah, i could do without young butta

dora + dolly are both his sisters i think.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
flatbuuuuuush https://soundcloud.com/flatbushzombies/bounce/s-62Gv2

TrixR4kids
Jul 29, 2006

LOGIC AND COMMON SENSE? YOU AIN'T GET THAT FROM ME!
I guess I don't expect that much out of these thugger mixtapes, if he has like 3 really good songs I'll be happy (like ss1 with power, best friend, and again, maybe there were more). His album I definitely expect more out of but we'll see.

Wasn't Hercules ss2?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Nope came out after. It's on I'm Up.

It's also like the only properly mastered song.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I'm waitin for someone to do a best-of for Thugger's mixtapes cuz yeah as much as I love Barter 6 this poo poo is a slog to listen to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

abraham linksys posted:

I'm waitin for someone to do a best-of for Thugger's mixtapes cuz yeah as much as I love Barter 6 this poo poo is a slog to listen to

http://www.cocaineblunts.com/blunts/?p=8360