Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Gibberish posted:

RE: #2

I think you underestimate the ADD of young men using computers

i dont think you understand who i am and how i am actually the perfect person to make that argument

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heehee Hartlocks
Feb 9, 2012

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
i beat reckful on stream once on typeracer that was a very proud moment of mine

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Excellent graph detailing how the lock rate problem is being solved with time lyte.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
the idea that LCS doesn't make money for riot is a stupid as poo poo rumor that they likely perpetuated themselves

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Never underestimate the capacity of corporations to make random idiots feel some sort of sympathy for them for no good reason whatsoever.

See: The McDonalds hot coffee lawsuit.

Mottie
Mar 30, 2011

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Jhin's main problem is when you leave a regular ADC alone with a wave and a tower, it's going to melt, you leave Jhin alone with a tower and it's going to get tickled before he spends 5 seconds reloading and oops the wave is gone better slowly push it again.

Honestly Jhin shouldn't have to expend ammo when shooting wards or towers, that in itself would make him ten times better than he currently is now along with some other QOL changes (E slow being more than like 2%, Q bounces prioritizing champions on the last bounce a la MF Q, etc)
He'd still be squishy and easy to kill but at least he'd be able to take objectives.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

exethan posted:

the idea that LCS doesn't make money for riot is a stupid as poo poo rumor that they likely perpetuated themselves

It might now that they're selling all kinds of flair icons and poo poo. Back when they were putting up the prize money and the LCS salaries themselves, plus renting the TV studios (not cheap) and venues and whatever all the overhead of employees+tournament server+etc cost I wouldn't be surprised if they technically lost money. I dont even know if they run ads on their twitch but its gotta be peanuts compared to a proper TV deal.

Keeping League in the forefront is absolutely worth it even at a loss, though - I bet Riot makes like 100x on one skin this month as NRS will make on their whole MKX pack

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Placed into Plat 5 from Plat 3 off of a 6-4 W/L in placements.

I started 1-4, and was legitimately concerned about placing into silver, but went on a huge streak instead. Don't think my mmr's high enough to skip Plat 4 this time around, but hey. Courtesy of Mikujin I'm in Maokai's Crushers, no reason to hurry to get out with a name that badass.

Also, in my 2nd to last placement, got carried pretty hard by Lapaka, of season 2 Curse fame. Turns out that at the moment he is hanging out in Plat, playing a mean counterjungle TF.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I mean its probably been making money since they got the coke partnership

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I have severe and poorly managed ADHD that is primarily inattentive, and I have never missed a lock in besides when the client used to bug out with the invisible mastery screen when new select first launched. It isn't rocket surgery to hit a button to select a champ, and then hit a button to confirm. Going through 5 lobbies per game played because people choose champions, but won't lock in, is just god drat retarded and means that it can (and way too frequently does) take up to 20 minutes from choosing preferred roles to getting the match started. I definitely prefer it over the shitshow that was pick order drafting, but it adds on the old time from dodging trolls in every 4th or 5th lobby onto every game with the locking in mechanic

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich

stump collector
May 28, 2007

A Stupid Baby posted:

Keeping League in the forefront is absolutely worth it even at a loss, though - I bet Riot makes like 100x on one skin this month as NRS will make on their whole MKX pack
Right, to me it's like saying a company advertises or is growing their brand at a 100% loss

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I get 15 minute queues with my stack in normal draft now and its terrible

Blind pick for life

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xh1F-kAyOw

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
Is the auth server down for anybody else?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Coca Koala posted:

Is the auth server down for anybody else?

Yup it's down for me. It looks like people who are already logged in have a problem getting into games as well.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

When someone on your team picks Jhin ADC but w/o the smile at he end

stump collector
May 28, 2007
This guy just went into bird form and raced by me on my way to lane to explode 2 frozen waves at my top turret when his full jungle was up

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
On champ.gg, Amumu's highest win rate build involves Ohmwrecker 5th item.

The world is a good place (and on top of that, the highest Win rate Udyr build has a zzrot, which imo is less surprising but also great).

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
bad champions build bad items to beat bad players

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
It looks like the item with zeds passive is actually going to make it out of pbe

What a joke

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Luna Was Here posted:

It looks like the item with zeds passive is actually going to make it out of pbe

What a joke

Zed bout to get silly

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Luna Was Here posted:

What a joke

Kashuno posted:

Zed bout to get silly

Boy it sure is gonna be fun playing against champions with 70 flat armor pen and 400 AD.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
Ban Zed
Ban Xin Zhao
Continue banning Tahm Kench

Insh'allah

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
oh yeah i forgot xin's heal is getting an ad ratio and he gets a crit every 3 attacks

good stuff

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
I started off this season by ripping off such a losing streak that after getting placed in silver 1 and going up to gold 4 I think I'm back down to like actually playing silver players because I just played against a Tryndamere that started with cull and instantly tried to fight me at level 1 in my own creeps :what:

The Xin thing is only a mini-crit until you level W up, I'm still not sure it'll make W worth getting anything higher than last, but it will definitely make his last points do more, kinda like when they made cocoon length scale

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

Something is brainswrong with people who pick Kog'Maw. New kog is tough enough to slog through, never mind taking deathfire touch, teleport/flash and yelling at your team for suggesting you buy rageblade.

I think anytime the phrase "trust me" is typed out by someone on your team you should get a free dodge.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Forget banning Zed, ban loving Talon. He is going to be completely unstoppable.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
"We thought AD assassins weren't picked enough, so how about 5 of them?"

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB

Stefan Prodan posted:

The Xin thing is only a mini-crit until you level W up, I'm still not sure it'll make W worth getting anything higher than last, but it will definitely make his last points do more, kinda like when they made cocoon length scale

I remember the Xin changes also making E's cooldown a flat number across all levels instead of being reduced. If that's true, it's instantly a 1 point wonder. At that point you just gotta weigh the difference of maxing Q nd W first.

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

The Crusher posted:

I remember the Xin changes also making E's cooldown a flat number across all levels instead of being reduced. If that's true, it's instantly a 1 point wonder. At that point you just gotta weigh the difference of maxing Q nd W first.

Slow and damage still increase so no, you're still maxing the charge first.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Chumppell posted:

Slow and damage still increase so no, you're still maxing the charge first.

Actually no, you maxxed it for cooldown

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Actually no, you maxxed it for cooldown
And the benefits of 40 damage per level and 5% slow as opposed to... a minor gain in heal and a slight boost to an endgame crit scaling ability.

Maxing Q or E is good. There's no point in going for W early when it matters least. I lean E because you will get all the damage in one go and it matters more at the start.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
I've taken to banning Jhin if anyone on my team hovers over him in champ declare phase. I have seen him do well approximately once, and it was in a team with a dozen peels for him (Janna, Nautilus, Poppy). In every other game I have seen him either explode instantly to focus or just be an ult/trap bot because he can't get close.

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?

Mystery Prize posted:

I've taken to banning Jhin if anyone on my team hovers over him in champ declare phase. I have seen him do well approximately once, and it was in a team with a dozen peels for him (Janna, Nautilus, Poppy). In every other game I have seen him either explode instantly to focus or just be an ult/trap bot because he can't get close.

I'm 2 wins 1 loss with him in ranked.

(That's admittedly in Tard League. But I did not have a terrible game in any of the three. Unless you count the mere fact of playing in Tard League as having a terrible game. And I'll cop to that.)

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

SlyFrog posted:

I'm 2 wins 1 loss with him in ranked.

(That's admittedly in Tard League. But I did not have a terrible game in any of the three. Unless you count the mere fact of playing in Tard League as having a terrible game. And I'll cop to that.)
That's part of the beauty of low elo though, you can play basically anything and get away with it. Stuff is only counterable if people know how to use the counter :v:

This was in Plat 2-ish elo, where people generally have a basic understanding of how to counter low mobility champs with very little cc

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.
Yo Riot where is my Bernie Branders skin with his ult name changed to Burn the Rich?

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Chumppell posted:

And the benefits of 40 damage per level and 5% slow as opposed to... a minor gain in heal and a slight boost to an endgame crit scaling ability.

Maxing Q or E is good. There's no point in going for W early when it matters least. I lean E because you will get all the damage in one go and it matters more at the start.

Pretty sure I'll be maxing W after the next patch because it's going to be so loving broken and one of the two reasons you max E is a shorter cooldown, which will become irrelevant.

If the heal is now scaling even a little bit with AD and you now crit every 3 autos maxing W first will probably make Xin Zhao's clear speed monstrously strong early-midgame.

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

How Rude posted:

Pretty sure I'll be maxing W after the next patch because it's going to be so loving broken and one of the two reasons you max E is a shorter cooldown, which will become irrelevant.

If the heal is now scaling even a little bit with AD and you now crit every 3 autos maxing W first will probably make Xin Zhao's clear speed monstrously strong early-midgame.

So at level 6, you do approximately 44 damage every 3rd hit which is cool! But relies on you always being on top of the opponent. You will be buying devourer so that number isn't increasing until you go into BotRK or Rageblade. It is pretty much equivalent to the damage you're getting out of maxing E first once you hit level 5-6~. The heal scaling is for getting a single point in it and is bonus AD based so... whatever.

Talking about it in terms of jungle clear is neat but his charge is also AoE for camps so it's not as effective until level 5, and the three talon strike CDR is probably going to be causing your charge to do more DPS to camps (in an AOE no less) until level 7.

W is broken because why do you want to give this dude a mini-crit going into late-game jesus.

Chumppell fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Feb 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heehee Hartlocks
Feb 9, 2012

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
clear speed only matters if regarding whether ur uninstalling this on an SSD or HDD, hth

• Locked thread