Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
PS2 was interesting, for the short time I played it.

I was never able to do really well because of my inexperience and general stupidity at the time.

However, this one time, I was joining an assault on a huge walled and shielded fortress, in which the attackers are not supposed to get vehicles inside due to tank traps and shields at the arches, but I somehow managed to use one of the gate sections to lever my sunder over the stanchion-barrier and set the sunder up inside, right outside the enemy central vehicle/player spawn redoubt.

The enemy quickly figured out where the sudden river of troops were coming from ("It's coming from inside the room!"), and sent a tank round the corner to blow us up, but the constantly respawning waves of engineers were able to out-repair the tank damage, and the maxes were able to fight off the tanks as they kept coming one by one like sheep. Seeing as each tank blast killed a dozen or so troops with every blast, the medics were having a field day running around and performing mass triage behind the sunder, and I swear I heard roleplay. It also didn't help the enemy that part of their inner structure was like a large step behind us, so all the engineers not engaged in repairing had set up all their turrets in a massive 20+ battery covering the entire 90 degree field of access where they could fire over the sunder and friendly troops.

The enemy infantry, exiting the shield and turning the corner to try and fight us off, would just be cut down en mass by the engineers and medics and had no chance.

In 20 minutes, I had gotten more sunder spawn exp than I had in weeks of offensive playing, and I realized you really need a group to get anything done, more or less.

All in all, the setup didn't last very long once rocket spam started, but it was good while it lasted.

Edit: Does anyone know the story of the PS2 guys that found a way to lift Sunders on the backs of the Galaxy transports, and drop them on the giant bio domes?

McGiggins fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Feb 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

VoLaTiLe posted:

Yea totally copied this video and did exactly the same thing. It worked really well the only thing that screwed me up was my piss poor aim but once the turrets and guardians were up I was laughing.

And it also made all the MLG pro COD gamers really upset, I think they patched the room out so there was another entrance though

I feel like I may as well bring up my favorite Black Cops II grief. BLOPS2 was the first game to allow you to fully customize your loadout using a system of ten overall slots, a break from the old "choose one of everything in each category" system. This mean you could, for instance, forego a primary to run around with a pistol and extra equipment, or more commonly, ditch equipment so you could have extra perks and more tactical goodies on your primary kill-stick. The MLG_XTREME_PRO strategy in pub games was generally to sit in a corner, fully kitted out with a suppressor and stealth perks aiming your weapon at a door and generally being a boring no-fun camper.

On the other hand, using the Pick 10 system I was able to kit a guy out with a trophy system, a whole ton of "gotta go fast!" perks and a riot shield that I had laboriously grinded away until I was able to plate it with shining gold and bedazzled diamonds. Emblazoned on the front was a giant version of my custom logo, a parental advisory sticker that read "GAY MEN" in block letters with a pink heart behind it. Due to latency and the fact that it took two whacks to kill, the riot shield wasn't that effective against campers on the other team. But boy oh boy was it effective in trapping campers on your own team in their corner, where they were helpless to do anything but stare at a giant GAY MEN logo because they didn't bring a grenade along to kill themselves with.

I would play with a buddy, and our tactic was generally for me to run over to him and kill myself, allowing him to pick up my shield while I would respawn with a fresh one. Then we'd proceed around the map like a homoerotic phalanx, protecting our battle bros from enemy fire by making sure we were positioned between them and any possible harm. As we chased one hapless British gentleman from room to room attempting to snare him in a quiet golden box, he screamed across the microphone "Get away! I don't want to go back to Gay Prison!"

McGiggins posted:

The FUNDERER

In the original Planetside I bought the certification for the Sunderer simply to force people to kill themselves. It was an armored battle bus, with a few fairly strong cannons, the rare ability to traverse water, and most of all a mighty airhorn that would release a thundering BWAAAAAAAAAAH whenever you press the button. Water in Planetside was fairly deep, and soldiers wore powered exoskeletons that prevented any swimming. It did provide a bit of an air supply for about a minute or so, which was utterly inadequate to cross even the smallest bodies of water. This left three options to get across:

- A bridge. These tended to be major chokepoints, where teams would dig in with anti-vehicular weaponry and mines waiting to score easy kills against forces trying to push through.
- A Galaxy transport, a large flying crate with little weaponry. It could fly high above the range of a lot of AA weaponry and deploy infantry starship-troopers style on the enemy's heads, but generally got shot down because the idiot flying it was too low, dropped you a mile off target because the idiot flying it hit the button at the wrong time or, most likely, the idiot flying it bumped into a tree at takeoff and it exploded horrifically.
- The Sunderer.

Being more heavily armed that the Galaxy and harder to spot at a distance because you could hide behind terrain, the Sunderer was ideal for sneaking across the water and hitting a bridgehead from behind, smashing enemy forces with heavy gunfire while disgorging infantry and allowing your own forces to push across the bridge. Since about 90% of Planetside players were footzerg infantry, it was never hard to fill your bus up with eager guys ready to get some killin' done.

So a pilot drives into a friendly spawn, lets out a few good BWAAAAAAAAAAHs of their horn to let everyone know they're there. The pilot says in local chat that they're heading to flank that nearby bridge and the eager pubbies load the bus to capacity in no time at all. The bus takes a nice, leisurely route around any enemy positions, because remember, this is an ambush! Eventually it heads straight for biggest lake nearby, one outside of the view distance of the enemy, and begins to stealthily ford it. Suddenly, in the center of the lake, the bus grinds to a halt. The crew in the back begin yelling at the pilot to go, because they're sitting ducks. The only response is the air horn, repeatedly BWAAAAAAAAAAHing over and over. After several minutes, the Pilot finally speaks.

Pilot: "Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior?"

With those final words the pilot ejects, sinks to the bottom, chokes on water and dies. The bus is left trapped, surrounded by water for hundreds of meters in all direction. The pubbies chat angrily, wondering what to do now. The turret guns spin aimlessly, hoping that something will wander nearby for them to kill, but the location is remote. Nobody will come this far from the battle when all the good shooting is by the bridge. The passengers, with no other option and no offensive capability, eventually make the plunge and leave the gunners alone. Stuck with the decision to suicide and take a point from their K/D or wait, the gunners wait. And wait. And wait. Eventually, there's movement on the horizon.

It's another Sunderer, pulling up alongside them.

BWAAAAAAAAAAH.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

Wild T posted:

Emblazoned on the front was a giant version of my custom logo, a parental advisory sticker that read "GAY MEN" in block letters with a pink heart behind it.

Please tell me you have screenshots of this :ohdear:

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

Minarchist posted:

Please tell me you have screenshots of this :ohdear:

It was on XBox with no capture card :( once I'm off this island with lovely expensive and slow internet, however, I'd totally be down to jump into a Blops game and get my rear end kicked for laughs just to pass out free Homosexual Assault Shields. Shoot me a PM and I'll give you my tag.

Edit: it's pretty easy to make, anyhow. Black rectangle on top, white rectangle on bottom. Put white "GAY" over the black box, black "MEN" over the white box. Take the standard heart shape, layer it all the way to the back and stretch it across the entire image and you're set. The tricky part is getting the diamond bedazzled tacky camo on the shield to make it really pop.

Wild T fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Feb 1, 2016

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Wild T posted:

FUNDERER!

One of the guys I played PS2 with was super into the original, and he told us about a similar prank he'd play on pubbies.

In this case he'd use a Phantasm, which is a small aircraft with cloaking capabilities, often used for dropping small squads undetected behind enemy lines.

In this case he'd load it full of pubbies, fly over the nearest body of water, then change permissions on the vehicle to lock out people not in his group. Since none of the pubbies were actually in his group when they had loaded in, the game would automatically kick them out of the vehicle, causing them to fall straight to the bottom of whatever body of water they were over.

Of course before he did that he'd always be sure to ask in local chat if everyone had brought their floaties for swimming lessons.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Gay Prison is gold.

Jesus christ.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

Some more random ways to screw with people in BLOPS2:

ENHANCE

(I absolutely stole this idea from that Garry's Mod video of the dude who keeps saying "hello?" to the angry trapped kid.)
It's easy to get people riled up in online games by simply repeating a mindless phrase periodically, especially if you're doing well and they want to attempt to smack talk. If they're already worked up over the game they want to try to get some satisfaction by yelling insults at whoever beat them, and it just confuses them and robs them of any kind of victory when you refuse to engage.

I used to run around with a nothing but a knife in Black Ops II Free-For-All stabbing random people and repeating the word "enhance" every time in a deadpan voice, a la Super Troopers. Normally I’d get one or two people every round who would start blowing up every time they heard it and I'd start singling them out wherever possible and saying nothing but "enhance" as I knifed them. Zero effort, but it doesn't take much to get people extremely angry in CoD. The best I got was from a guy who ended up ragequitting during the game and sent me an angry message calling me all sorts of names, to which I replied to with nothing but the word "Enhance?" and a URL to a natural male enhancement product.

My God, JC!

All modern CoD games have an ultimate tryhard mode called Search & Destroy. In this Counterstrike-like mode, one team must try to make it to one of two or three bomb sites that the other team must defend. Once there, they can plant a bomb that, if the timer runs out, ends the round with a victory for the attackers. Meanwhile, the defenders' goal is to kill the enemy team and defuse any bomb they've planted. If the attackers are dead and there isn't a countdown active, the defenders win. Two things about this mode are important to note for this gried:

1. There are no respawns in this mode. When you die you go to spectator mode and your voice chat moves to a lobby with other dead folks. You can watch your teammates but not talk to them.
2. If the attackers plant the bomb and are subsequently killed before it detonates, the round does not end. The defenders must kill them in time to make it back to the armed bomb and defuse it (which takes about four or five seconds).

This grief requires a little bit of luck, in that you must be the sole survivor on the defending team and allow the attackers to plant. If you can kill them, you've now got both teams in a lobby trapped watching you without being able to communicate. Run to the bomb site, making sure to quickly toss a C4 pack nearby the bomb. Lay down and hold the button to defuse. Your character begins breaking out the standard bomb squad looking gizmos. Laptops, pliers, that sort of thing, as the 'Defusing!' progress bar begins to fill on your screen. Then, just before the bar fills and the round ends in a win, double-tap the reload button. This instantly detonates your C4 pack, killing you and ending the round as a victory for the attacking team.

When you're dumped into the post-game lobby and your team is screaming at you for loving up and costing them the round (and subsequent points to their W/L ration), just stammer "I'm sorry... I knew should've cut the blue wire!"

Just Like Ramadi

Cars in Call of Duty are full physical models, not solid blocks. You can actually walk up to them and bust the window out with your knife and take a look inside. They fully model the entire interior of the car, including the floorboards... Where you can place C4 charges that are totally impossible to see from the outside to anyone not using a specific perk.

In Free-For-Fall, you can quickly cause mass paranoia by choosing stealth perks and tossing C4 into vehicle interiors, then laying down nearby where you can observe and wait for someone to wander close by. Yell out 'ALLAHU ACKBAR' and hit the detonator, which destroys the car in a massive explosion and kills the player. After you do this a few times rounds tend to start with all players mercilessly gunning down any and all cars, barrels or other explosive objects on the map before even searching for each other. I can't count how many free kills I got when someone wandered near a car that was already blown up and I yelled "ALLAHU ACKBAR" anyway. They immediately turned and sprinted from the burnt-out car in a panic and I shot them in the back.

Wild T fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Feb 2, 2016

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Those are amazing and I want to try them out myself!

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Wild T posted:

Just Like Ramadi

Cars in Call of Duty are full physical models, not solid blocks. You can actually walk up to them and bust the window out with your knife and take a look inside. They fully model the entire interior of the car, including the floorboards... Where you can place C4 charges that are totally impossible to see from the outside to anyone not using a specific perk.

In Free-For-Fall, you can quickly cause mass paranoia by choosing stealth perks and tossing C4 into vehicle interiors, then laying down nearby where you can observe and wait for someone to wander close by. Yell out 'ALLAHU ACKBAR' and hit the detonator, which destroys the car in a massive explosion and kills the player. After you do this a few times rounds tend to start with all players mercilessly gunning down any and all cars, barrels or other explosive objects on the map before even searching for each other. I can't count how many free kills I got when someone wandered near a car that was already blown up and I yelled "ALLAHU ACKBAR" anyway. They immediately turned and sprinted from the burnt-out car in a panic and I shot them in the back.

:vince:

This is loving diabolical, and yet I can't stop laughing.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Hungry, Hungry Dragon and a City of Bones

Back in the early days of warcraft, before the first expansion there was a dragon, Teremus the Devourer. Teremus was pretty hard to fight back then, because he would steal your health if he breathed fire on you, requiring a group to kill unless you were maxed out.

A popular activity was kiting him to goldshire, stormwind or whatever the pirate place was at the bottom of the map. Usually these places are full of low level players or people roleplaying. For some reason, if you dragged the dragon through these areas, players would swarm to him, constantly trying to kill him, but as all of them aren't strong enough to do any appreciable damage to him, he gained more health than he lost by killing them.

As the servers shut off for a patch every wednesday, it would be part of my routine, every wednesday night after the patch to drag the dragon to stormwind, where it would stay for a week. As Stormwind was the main trade hub at the time, players would be stood outside the bank trying to trade, where suddenly a dragon would appear, immolating them.

The best part of this was that the game left corpses in the form of skeletons on the floor where people died. Not forever, but a pretty long time. You wouldn't be able to walk down a single street in stormwind without stepping on a skeleton.

An Eggcellent grief

Once players (eventually) found out how to stop the dragon, I developed a new way to grief.

In the blasted lands where you found the dragon, there was also a special enemy who required you to take down their health to a certain level, then kill their "egg". If you didn't kill the egg, the enemy would stay on 1hp and never die.

You could use this knowledge to kite the NPC to any town you wanted. In this case, the NPC did less damage than a massive gently caress off dragon, but it was completely unkillable. If you and a group of friends were tanky enough, you could grab four or five of these guys and drag them to the nearest town.

Even better, was that they lost their "tether" to their eggs once they got far enough away. Even if a group of fairly clever players figured out my trick and killed the eggs, all that would do is spawn more unkillable NPC's in the blasted lands, which we would then drag to stormwind again.

A couple of days in, if an admin didn't intervene you could have 20/25 completely unkillable, high level NPC's running around town, punching all the newbies to death.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

dogstile posted:

Hungry, Hungry Dragon and a City of Bones

Back in the early days of warcraft, before the first expansion there was a dragon, Teremus the Devourer. Teremus was pretty hard to fight back then, because he would steal your health if he breathed fire on you, requiring a group to kill unless you were maxed out.

A popular activity was kiting him to goldshire, stormwind or whatever the pirate place was at the bottom of the map. Usually these places are full of low level players or people roleplaying. For some reason, if you dragged the dragon through these areas, players would swarm to him, constantly trying to kill him, but as all of them aren't strong enough to do any appreciable damage to him, he gained more health than he lost by killing them.

As the servers shut off for a patch every wednesday, it would be part of my routine, every wednesday night after the patch to drag the dragon to stormwind, where it would stay for a week. As Stormwind was the main trade hub at the time, players would be stood outside the bank trying to trade, where suddenly a dragon would appear, immolating them.

The best part of this was that the game left corpses in the form of skeletons on the floor where people died. Not forever, but a pretty long time. You wouldn't be able to walk down a single street in stormwind without stepping on a skeleton.

An Eggcellent grief

Once players (eventually) found out how to stop the dragon, I developed a new way to grief.

In the blasted lands where you found the dragon, there was also a special enemy who required you to take down their health to a certain level, then kill their "egg". If you didn't kill the egg, the enemy would stay on 1hp and never die.

You could use this knowledge to kite the NPC to any town you wanted. In this case, the NPC did less damage than a massive gently caress off dragon, but it was completely unkillable. If you and a group of friends were tanky enough, you could grab four or five of these guys and drag them to the nearest town.

Even better, was that they lost their "tether" to their eggs once they got far enough away. Even if a group of fairly clever players figured out my trick and killed the eggs, all that would do is spawn more unkillable NPC's in the blasted lands, which we would then drag to stormwind again.

A couple of days in, if an admin didn't intervene you could have 20/25 completely unkillable, high level NPC's running around town, punching all the newbies to death.

It was a dark and sad day the day tethers came out. Kiting was a rite of passage (and required if I recall for the super awesome bow) for hunters.

Kiting players was just as fun. Concussion shot is an arrow shot that has a 6 or so second cool down and slows the person down to a crawl for about the same time. So when you were out in the wilderness as you are wont to do, coming across a player who wants to kill you and out levels you, no longer becomes an issue. Essentially, as long as you hit him, the slow thing procs but does no damage. So while you are jumping and spinning and shooting like legless lass, they are futilely trying to reach you. If hey try to run away, you follow them and do the same thing.

Since there wasn't a way you could mount up in combat and flying wasn't available yet, this would happen as long as you wanted, or until someone killed you or went into a friendly town.

I had it happens few times, it's a legit good tactic in higher levels, but it sucks to have happen to you so loving bad.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Wild T posted:

It's easy to get people riled up in online games by simply repeating a mindless phrase periodically, especially if you're doing well and they want to attempt to smack talk.

It's insane how well this works. Back when I played TF2, I would choose sniper, and whenever I got a headshot I would say "Headshot, Ronaldinho style" every time. I was decent enough that people heard it often. On bodyshots I would say, less excitedly "Bodyshot, Maradona style". If you know anything about soccer, Brazil loving loathes Argentina, and vice versa, so this worked in two ways, it annoyed brazillians because i was an argentinian clearly speaking in faux portuguese (killing them) and argentinians got mad because Headshot > Bodyshot, so that must mean Ronaldinho > maradona.

In CS:GO, after every round, no matter if we win or lose, I write "pele > maradroga" and that usually gets people, Brazilian or Argentinian.

It's not much, and it's not very clever, but it works :shobon:

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo
My preferred means of offing myself in Search and Destroy was to lay down a claymore, flop down in front of it and knife it. If you start from a ways off you can take a few swings, crawl towards it, take a few swings and so on until you know the people observing you have frothed themselves up nice and proper. Eventually a swing will connect and you'll receive your reward.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Wild T posted:

Some more random ways to screw with people in BLOPS2:

Just Like Ramadi

Holy poo poo, this alone makes me want to get BLOPS 2 so I can do this. That's awesome.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

ArfJason posted:

it's not very clever

Let's agree to disagree.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

MisterOblivious posted:

My preferred means of offing myself in Search and Destroy was to lay down a claymore, flop down in front of it and knife it. If you start from a ways off you can take a few swings, crawl towards it, take a few swings and so on until you know the people observing you have frothed themselves up nice and proper. Eventually a swing will connect and you'll receive your reward.

I liked to throw down a C4 in the corner and sit on top of it facing away from it hiding until I was the last one alive, pretending to AFK. When everyone was watching me, I would walk forward slowly, turn around so they could see the C4, and light it off. Good times.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

If it helps, every game in the series since CoD4 has allowed the same C4+car trick. I haven't tried BLOPS3 yet, but I know all the other ones have the same style exploding cars. Literally the only way to prevent it is by choosing a perk that allows you to see enemy equipment through walls. Even then it's not something most people think of checking when they're near a vehicle, at least not for the first couple of times.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Meta-griefing:

Guy releases a series of Counterstrike cheats that look legit at first, but after a variable period of time deliberately do things that trigger VAC to ban the user, gets 5000 people banned.

http://www.slashgear.com/counter-strike-player-releases-fake-hacks-gets-thousands-of-cheaters-banned-03425388/

Screenshot gallery of responses:

http://imgur.com/a/zgpi7

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
That is loving beautiful.

BlueKingBar
Jan 25, 2016

Hey guys let's just literally never talk to me again maybe that'll fix things
I didn't know "white hat griefing" was a thing, but if it wasn't before it is now. Godspeed AndroidL, whoever you are.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Phanatic posted:

Meta-griefing:

Guy releases a series of Counterstrike cheats that look legit at first, but after a variable period of time deliberately do things that trigger VAC to ban the user, gets 5000 people banned.

http://www.slashgear.com/counter-strike-player-releases-fake-hacks-gets-thousands-of-cheaters-banned-03425388/

Screenshot gallery of responses:

http://imgur.com/a/zgpi7

haha yeah the dude posted on reddit about that. says he's considering doing it all over again some time later

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

They did this for TFC back in the day. Roaster John and Perfect Player 2. Soooo many top league players banned. It was glorious.

It wasn't VAC bans either, it was a widely disseminated rootkit so it was undeniable

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Feb 3, 2016

Bonald Farndhardt
Apr 18, 2005
Ye it up

McGiggins posted:

PS2 was interesting, for the short time I played it.

I was never able to do really well because of my inexperience and general stupidity at the time.

However, this one time, I was joining an assault on a huge walled and shielded fortress, in which the attackers are not supposed to get vehicles inside due to tank traps and shields at the arches, but I somehow managed to use one of the gate sections to lever my sunder over the stanchion-barrier and set the sunder up inside, right outside the enemy central vehicle/player spawn redoubt.

The enemy quickly figured out where the sudden river of troops were coming from ("It's coming from inside the room!"), and sent a tank round the corner to blow us up, but the constantly respawning waves of engineers were able to out-repair the tank damage, and the maxes were able to fight off the tanks as they kept coming one by one like sheep. Seeing as each tank blast killed a dozen or so troops with every blast, the medics were having a field day running around and performing mass triage behind the sunder, and I swear I heard roleplay. It also didn't help the enemy that part of their inner structure was like a large step behind us, so all the engineers not engaged in repairing had set up all their turrets in a massive 20+ battery covering the entire 90 degree field of access where they could fire over the sunder and friendly troops.

The enemy infantry, exiting the shield and turning the corner to try and fight us off, would just be cut down en mass by the engineers and medics and had no chance.

In 20 minutes, I had gotten more sunder spawn exp than I had in weeks of offensive playing, and I realized you really need a group to get anything done, more or less.

All in all, the setup didn't last very long once rocket spam started, but it was good while it lasted.

Edit: Does anyone know the story of the PS2 guys that found a way to lift Sunders on the backs of the Galaxy transports, and drop them on the giant bio domes?

The Griefing Discussion Thread: I Swear I Heard Roleplay

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Not sure if this is technically a grief or not, but it's funny as poo poo and I'll never pass up a chance to link Criken.

Planetside 2 Team Brazil one

Planetside 2 Team Brazil two

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Captain Bravo posted:

Not sure if this is technically a grief or not, but it's funny as poo poo and I'll never pass up a chance to link Criken.

Planetside 2 Team Brazil one

Planetside 2 Team Brazil two

That's actually perfectly normal for a large PS2 battle. Except normally people don't get weapon-locked for killing their own team quite as often.

genomoreproblems
Dec 27, 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WNHd50sJoU

don't say anything bad about my grief, it gets me mad

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

genomoreproblems posted:

The ending was great. :allears:

"I'm stuck! I must have stepped in some poopoo because I'm glued!"

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer

Just SS13 things.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

genomoreproblems posted:

How do you get the 7 day ban without them having to go through the shorter ban periods first?

Don't play csgo. Just read faqs on what they are.

genomoreproblems
Dec 27, 2015

EVIR Gibson posted:

How do you get the 7 day ban without them having to go through the shorter ban periods first?

Don't play csgo. Just read faqs on what they are.

a week ban means they had three prior bans, so they either can't help but teamkill when they get annoyed at someone or they're just dumb and get banned all the time from shooting people on accident

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

Phuzzy posted:

Just SS13 things.

Every element of this is multiplicativly horrifying.

AxisofIdiocy
Mar 5, 2009

What do you mean this
isn't the ketchup?

genomoreproblems posted:

ahaha that loving grenade trick.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Tempest_56 posted:

That's actually perfectly normal for a large PS2 battle. Except normally people don't get weapon-locked for killing their own team quite as often.

if i download planetside 2 on my ps4 based on these videos, will i have fun y/n

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Probably not. You're gonna have a hell of a grind ahead of you and most people who are still playing are folks with a lot more stuff unlocked, so you're gonna be scrounging for a long time.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Found this in the Fanart thread

FlyinPingu posted:

still my fav undertale fanart, probably because it's so dumb and lovely

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23KLGzsIBuY

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Zurreco posted:

Probably not. You're gonna have a hell of a grind ahead of you and most people who are still playing are folks with a lot more stuff unlocked, so you're gonna be scrounging for a long time.

I'll stick to helldivers

Cal Worthington
Oct 8, 2013

Serious business.
The goon clan has been doxxing folks and posting their "WANTED" poster picture (a real picture of them we find on the internet) on Rust's ingame sign creator. The admins had finally gotten enough complaints (one kid had his dad scream at them) that they came to us to talk about it, with the clan that complained backing them up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzJxmwfytl4

All the pictures found were accounts linked to their Steam through Twitter or Facebook. This kid in particular had his full name on his Steam profile.

e: To be more clear, they were Twitch streamers, and we never used real names, only one photo of their face.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
lol internet detective but it is ok we didn't have to look too hard

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Cal Worthington posted:

The goon clan has been doxxing folks and posting their "WANTED" poster picture (a real picture of them we find on the internet) on Rust's ingame sign creator. The admins had finally gotten enough complaints (one kid had his dad scream at them) that they came to us to talk about it, with the clan that complained backing them up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzJxmwfytl4

All the pictures found were accounts linked to their Steam through Twitter or Facebook. This kid in particular had his full name on his Steam profile.

christ dude, the thread was doing so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i totally didn't put a lot of work into doxxing those people, i just looked up their IRL stuff on the internet, photoshopped it into a wanted poster, posted it in game, and then took a video of myself looking at it

• Locked thread