Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...
That reach is nuts and the way he used his kicks... other than just being Brutal Bob, what does Robbie answer with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Lawler/Wonderboy asap please.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
All the Robbie lawler fanboys should be worried that he just did that in 1 round to a guy Robbie basically couldnt hurt in 1 hour of fighting

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
woodley going to cry himself to sleep tonight lol

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
i know hendricks is small (lol) for the division height wise and reach wise but wonderboy looked loving massive in there

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Not sure that was worth staying up until 2am for given the turd sandwich in the middle, but good ending

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
Pull someone out of the crowd, I'm not ready to stop watching wonderboy fight.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Sharzak posted:

I wanna see if wonderboy can keep that up for 5 rounds vs lawler baaaaaaaaadly

That poo poo is going to happen and it is going to be tense as gently caress
Robbie relies so much on his head movement and Wonderboy is so good at sneaking headkicks from blind angles

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
GEE WHIZ I HOPE YALL WERE IMPRESSED

*is a literal monster*

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Lloyd Boner posted:

Ok guess we have a fight for Robbie for UFC 200 now

The thought of this is extremely good to me

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

Andy Dufresne posted:

Pull someone out of the crowd, I'm not ready to stop watching wonderboy fight.

Stipe is sitting riiiight there.

Fifthace
May 3, 2003

No.
i feel like a six inch reach advantage is, like, a lot.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
hendricks did look poo poo though...

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

manyak posted:

All the Robbie lawler fanboys should be worried that he just did that in 1 round to a guy Robbie basically couldnt hurt in 1 hour of fighting

As a Robbie Lawler fanboy I won't complain if he gets destroyed by Stephen Wonderboy Thompson.

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

I assume I didn't miss much by just catching the end of the co-main and the main?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

origami posted:

hendricks did look poo poo though...

Those body shots early hurt him bad. His gas tank emptied immediately.

Fifthace
May 3, 2003

No.
"it's a new stort" - Johny Hendricks, gracious in defeat

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Wonderboy will be champ. No ones ever stopped Hendricks, right?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Hostess stock is probably going through the roof very soon.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

manyak posted:

[smithers voice] you softened him up for me sir

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Hendricks is a broken man. And I can't help by think those 10 rounds with Lawlor really put a dent in him.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Hendricks did not look worse than usual whatsoever aside from Thompson perfectly gameplanning for and avoiding everything he did

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Marching Powder posted:

lol

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Wonderboy sliding just out of Hendricks' range and landing his own strikes was beautiful.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

tesilential posted:

Wonderboy will be champ. No ones ever stopped Hendricks, right?

nope

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

manyak posted:

Hendricks did not look worse than usual whatsoever aside from Thompson perfectly gameplanning for and avoiding everything he did

and taking only a couple minutes to do all that, too boot.

Vitamin Boss
Oct 23, 2006
Burn it to the ground

manyak posted:

I love Robbie Lawler a whole lot but Thompson is also really cool as are Rory and Condit and I am fine with any of them being champ as long as it's not like Woodley

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Marching Powder posted:

lol

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
When GSP said Thompson is the best striker he'd ever trained with I thought it was training partner hyperbole but drat you do not want to strike with that dude.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Oh man I totally forgot about Tyron Woodley and his supposed title shot. Oh man that's funny.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

acejackson42 posted:

That reach is nuts and the way he used his kicks... other than just being Brutal Bob, what does Robbie answer with?

Forward pressure to jam up his kicking game and force him into boxing exchanges where Robbie's head movement and punching power can be decisive. Conversely, Wonderboy showed that his understand of his reach and his kicks are absurdly dangerous. He just blasted through Johny Hendricks, a guy who came within an ace of winning a decision over GSP and survived 10 rounds with Robbie Lawler. So I'm not saying "ah-ha Robbie's pressure is the solution and obviously it will work!" When somebody dominates and finishes Hendricks like he's a scrub, all bets are off.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
This is why you don't wait on title shots. Also, gently caress Woodley.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Tezcatlipoca posted:

When GSP said Thompson is the best striker he'd ever trained with I thought it was training partner hyperbole but drat you do not want to strike with that dude.

Reminder that weidman started training with him because he was the closest they could find to Anderson silva

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
i definitely want to see wonderboy fight robbie more than tyron fight robbie...man that fight sounds cool

Max Awfuls
Sep 10, 2011
Thompson is going to do cool karate kicks for the first 3 rounds and Lawler is just going to eat them, then he'll get clipped and staggered in the 4th. By the 5th Lawler will do the most terrifying move in MMA, that little hop midstride towards his opponent he does to signal that Berserker Mode has been activated, corner him against the cage and murder him.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Le Saboteur posted:

Oh man I totally forgot about Tyron Woodley and his supposed title shot. Oh man that's funny.

at this point he should gently caress off. when it was between Condit rematch and Woodley I still mostly felt like it was dumb, but not an outcry if Woodley got it. But Thompson just did the craziest poo poo that's happened in the welterweight division since Lawler/MacDonald at 189 last year. gently caress Woodley and his 1 fight against 2 fat guys title shot. Seriously. No reason to honor that now. Thompson is ready for a championship bout. Woodley can rematch Condit which would make more sense.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

manyak posted:

Yeah that was magic. he stood with Hendricks for a while and read him, then at some point he decided he'd seen enough and that was when he started really throwing his hands and just not respecting Johny's standup at all, really

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
So I need to see Wonderboy vs Robbie and also vs Condit and hey why not a rematch with Matt Brown

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Bubba Smith posted:

at this point he should gently caress off. when it was between Condit rematch and Woodley I still mostly felt like it was dumb, but not an outcry if Woodley got it. But Thompson just did the craziest poo poo that's happened in the welterweight division since Lawler/MacDonald at 189 last year. gently caress Woodley and his 1 fight against 2 fat guys title shot. Seriously. No reason to honor that now. Thompson is ready for a championship bout. Woodley can rematch Condit which would make more sense.

yeah I would be really down to see a woodley condit rematch for a title shot with wonderboy lawler as the current fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

https://vid.me/TmAQ

Love the casual switch of stances right before he lights Johny up.

• Locked thread