Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Eonwe posted:

What dumb pie in the sky game do we follow next

What's Richard Garriot up to these days?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
We talk about how XCOM2 is actually a bad game and goons only like it because Something Awful is an echo chamber.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfa3MHLLSWI

:eyepop:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

When one of the devs mentions a cappuccino the other looks down, tries not to laugh by sealing his mouth and generally has confused look in his eyes. I can only guess that the espresso machine is an in joke within CIG as well.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

"M-m-mmm....M-Major T-t-tom...Has released...a new...vi-PAAAAAAAARP!"

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

:tipshat:

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Ben getting owned yet again:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6343529/#Comment_6343529

$250+ backer

this is getting hard to ignore:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6343208/#Comment_6343208

$250+ and $15,000+ backer, respectively.

Cobbler racks up some more points:

$125+ backer

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Fupa master race?

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Gay baby jail...? What the hell?

I really don't like the sound of that...
Fun Shoe

Eonwe posted:

Fish Dancer

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Eonwe posted:

Well my friend made this, but since it's technically functional it might not meet the criteria.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Gilganixon posted:

i present you the parp systems A-3whatever "shortbus" for space parping

it comes with a viewport set at knee level for fidelity and immersion and a van door* you can paint with whatever jpeg you want as long as you buy that jpg from the Solar Plebeian show room from an authorized dealer

* we are aware of a bug with the van door, opening it will eject you into warp

it costs $250 and comes with LTI whatever that does

E: this one has a wizard painted on the side but the only limit to what can be there is dreams and also what we carry in the store

Dude I can't wait to write the game logic that randomly ejects players from seemingly innocuous objects at unfathomable velocities.

Of note: I actually have to ADD CODE to Solar Plebeian's flight model to make ship collisions even remotely as hilarious as SC's "weightless bird physics." Given I'm just a hobbyist, that should make you think.

Some of the physics silliness can be explained by desync, but not all of it. My theory is they've hand-written their own "translation based" physics code, which would explain why they're having such a tough time detecting collisions, transferring momentum, and generally honoring mass.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

peter gabriel posted:

He is making a UO clone but without any of the stuff that makes it good and its only kind of multiplayer

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

A Neurotic Jew posted:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6343529/#Comment_6343529

$250+ backer

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6343208/#Comment_6343208

$125+ backer

yes, YES

Toops, playing around in UE4?

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

peter gabriel posted:

At least I got my money back from croberts :negative:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

this one still has a while yet

psychonauts 2 and fig more generally I think will be a good one to watch burn

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
You can pay a thousand for a manor though

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

1500 posted:

The expansion was announced 5 months ago. And you would have gotten a $15 credit on the purchase of Horizons, meaning you would have payed a whopping $5 more to play it earlier.

What credit? If I want to play Horizons I have to fork out another $33USD. I'm looking at the steam store right now. Elite Dangerous: Horizons, $32.99USD with the 20% steam sale discount applied. Unless you mean directly after Horizons was released, in which case no discount or credit was displayed anywhere on the product page I viewed.

Maybe it's for the best, Horizons doesn't look particularly deep based from the gameplay videos I've seen posted. I watched the flashy launch trailer for Horizons and saw all the planetary surface combat and thought that'd be in the game, but apparently not?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

A Neurotic Jew posted:

$250+ backer

$125+ backer

CIG have a massive problem brewing, they are so so so obsessed with making loving videos and / or talking poo poo that there is now a massive papertrail covering the internet that the worlds' biggest spergemeisters can reference to and call them out at will.
It's absolutely brilliant.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Beet Wagon posted:

Well my friend made this, but since it's technically functional it might not meet the criteria.

This minigame should be added to star citizen.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
It's really cool listening to these guys talk about the 1st/3rd person stuff. Like, really cool. It's clear that they have an appreciation for the tech, and a genuine love for their work, that Sandi/Ben/CR are utterly incapable of delivering. I mean holy poo poo I've watched the whole loving thing and it's REALLY loving GOOD.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

When one of the devs mentions a cappuccino the other looks down, tries not to laugh by sealing his mouth and generally has confused look in his eyes. I can only guess that the espresso machine is an in joke within CIG as well.

Holy poo poo the $20K espresso machine is real.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
CIG have a problem that they've lied to passionate and emotionally invested internet nerds and it will bite them in the rear end

Hopefully a backer doesn't snap and straight up murder someone

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Eonwe posted:

CIG have a problem that they've lied to passionate and emotionally invested internet nerds and it will bite them in the rear end

I seriously worry about this sometimes.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Beet Wagon posted:

Maybe change the music to this

Daztek posted:

I am a jack of all trades, master of none :shobon:

Also, I am sorry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF9elfrrF4M

MP3: http://we.tl/9xKTV0l5Ew

and change the graphics a little to make it Star Citizen themed.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

drat Dirty Ape posted:

This minigame should be added to star citizen.

One of the next concept sales better be a space food truck or I'm going to burst a blood vessel. Come on Wave 5, treat daddy right!

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Eonwe posted:

Beware the wulge.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Eonwe posted:

No man pie in the sky

But they're just quietly making the game and not even selling planets or some poo poo. Very retro.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

AugmentedVision posted:

We talk about how XCOM2 is actually a bad game and goons only like it because Something Awful is an echo chamber.

Setting up /r/AugmentedVision hate reddit now btw

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

I'd like to see the cheesey military orchestra music in the background of Gary Oldman's speech replaced with a paaarp orchestra.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
someone makes a cool thread that makes you think:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/317577/ship-concept-pictures-misleading-to-backers

look at how dumb this person is. just look.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Berious posted:

Setting up /r/AugmentedVision hate reddit now btw

Want PM of my resume so you can attack my education and work?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
This was the first bit of content that came out of LA that actually channelled the goofy, freewheeling, straight-tech-talking info dumps of the Wingman era. While it is impossible for me to take Ben seriously (he parrots whatever the lie-from-on-high is), Sandi (come on), the RtV castmates (they mostly goof off), etc-- a guy like Sean comes across as credible, trustworthy, and humble.

Sandi/Ben, if/when you read this, THIS IS WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN DOING THE WHOLE TIME AND YOU SHOULD DO MORE OF IT GOING FORWARD. Reverse the Verse ERODES CONFIDENCE in the project -- save when you have guys like Sean on.

Give people faces they can trust and put aside vanity and ego and you just might help regain partial control of your narrative, CIG.

The same was true with having degree-holding library sciences major Cherie Helberg on talking about video game lore and the importance of archiving games for historical purposes. That she is impish and has a ludicrous laugh would be a big plus on top of that.

You have credible, educated, talented men and women in your employ-- people who are easy to trust and without any baggage. Make them your new faces, give them the freedom to say "No- that's not going to be in game" (like sean did tonight) and you could greatly improve your standing with dissenting fans. (Which is a WIN/WIN for everybody but us hecklers!)

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

alphabettitouretti posted:

Keep your throttle in the blue for maximum manoeuvrability. Yaw is deliberately nerfed so you need to use pitch and roll mostly, yaw is just good for minor adjustments. Use thrusters when pitching to gain an advantage in turning fights. Also helps to make use of your forward and back thrust to stay on their tail, if you feel like you're about to overtake slam on the brakes and it'll help keep enemies in sight. If you want you can switch FA off and spin around to shoot behind without changing your direction of travel, but be aware that movement is sluggish when doing this so you don't wanna be too close or they'll tear you a new one and turn around for another go. Get used to adjusting energy distribution on the fly - WEP increases the available weapon energy and recharge rate, ENG changes your top speed, SYS affects the shield resistance and recharge. If you're being shot at prioritise SYS then ENG, if you're the one doing the shooting you want pips in WEP. Check target details before engaging and see what kind of loadout they're packing. If you're going up against a ship with loads of turrets it's different to facing up to something toting big powerful front facing guns like cannons or plasmas.

Who the gently caress chose those names for the directions?

This was helpful but I'm still not a fan of name. "Yaw"? What the hell.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
what

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Khanstant posted:

yaw bein silly

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

Bootcha posted:

Ugh, while napping before my hockey game tonight, I had a Star Citizen dream where Erin Roberts accidentally BCC'ed me in an email to Goons vehemently defending Sandi's abilities and role in SC and SQ42 development, as well as claiming her past transgressions as patently false, and finally saying that Goons like us are the kind of trash that kill video games.

To my credit, I responded back to him about the allegations.

And I signed the email with PAAAAAAAARP.

loving video games man.

Star Citizen: where reality becomes dreams and dreams become reality

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Beware the wulge.

quote:

A man visiting a Santa Monica video game studio reportedly "exposed his genitals to a female member of staff", before drawing a handgun and shooting nine people. The assault ended when a bullet hit staff member Ben Lesnick, rebounded and killed the unnamed gunman instantly. We tried to get a comment from Mr. Lesnick, but we believe he was in a state of shock, because he kept simply rambling on about "Winged Commandos" while checking his phone every few seconds.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

that but instead with a sword. I love the highlander pic of him.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

G0RF posted:

This was the first bit of content that came out of LA that actually channelled the goofy, freewheeling, straight-tech-talking info dumps of the Wingman era. While it is impossible for me to take Ben seriously (he parrots whatever the lie-from-on-high is), Sandi (come on), the RtV castmates (they mostly goof off), etc-- a guy like Sean comes across as credible, trustworthy, and humble.

Sandi/Ben, if/when you read this, THIS IS WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN DOING THE WHOLE TIME AND YOU SHOULD DO MORE OF IT GOING FORWARD. Reverse the Verse ERODES CONFIDENCE in the project -- save when you have guys like Sean on.

Give people faces they can trust and put aside vanity and ego and you just might help regain partial control of your narrative, CIG.

The same was true with having degree-holding library sciences major Cherie Helberg on talking about video game lore and the importance of archiving games for historical purposes. That she is impish and has a ludicrous laugh would be a big plus on top of that.

You have credible, educated, talented men and women in your employ-- people who are easy to trust and without any baggage. Make them your new faces, give them the freedom to say "No- that's not going to be in game" (like sean did tonight) and you could greatly improve your standing with dissenting fans. (Which is a WIN/WIN for everybody but us hecklers!)

Alternatively don't do this and let us keep laughing at the train wreck that is Sandi trying to launch her acting career via a bad newscast talking about a fake video game

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Khanstant posted:

Who the gently caress chose those names for the directions?

quit pitching about it. y'aw going to have to get used to it. or are you just trolling us?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I know which one you guys will pick

• Locked thread