Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Lol@new queue system for ranked

9 games in, haven't got my primary pref yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Gridlocked posted:

Lol@new queue system for ranked

9 games in, haven't got my primary pref yet.

What are you queuing as with primary/secondary?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Mikujin posted:

What are you queuing as with primary/secondary?

Bot/Fill with my friend as Mid/Jungle.

Also on my way to bronze city atm. Such funs.

5-5 will be Bronze city right if everyone I'm up against is Silver atm?

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Feb 9, 2016

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Guys, if you go as Support/Fill as your primary or secondary, you are going to get support.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Gridlocked posted:

Bot/Fill with my friend as Mid/Jungle.

Also on my way to bronze city atm. Such funs.

5-5 will be Bronze city right if everyone I'm up against is Silver atm?

You could still get into Silver if you go 5-5 in that situation. I did, and I'm trashcan supreme!

But yeah, don't put Fill as your secondary, or you're going to get fill.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
No, I went 7-3 from Silver 2 and got Bronze 1 for some reason.

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

I think it's based on MMR rather than division? What kind of opponents/gains were you seeing previously?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

RealFoxy posted:

No, I went 7-3 from Silver 2 and got Bronze 1 for some reason.

Zaodai posted:

You could still get into Silver if you go 5-5 in that situation. I did, and I'm trashcan supreme!

But yeah, don't put Fill as your secondary, or you're going to get fill.

Sooo there is really no clear indicator? Choo-choo-bronze city.

Andarel posted:

I think it's based on MMR rather than division? What kind of opponents/gains were you seeing previously?

I wasn't. Haven't played since S4. Started again about 2 weeks before S6.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Last season i went 6-4 from the bottom of Silver 5 into Bronze 4 since my MMR was in the trash can. This season I went 4-6 from the bottom of Gold 5 to Silver 3 because my MMR from season 5 was still in Gold but I played my placements like a retard.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I didn't play last season due to laziness, but in the season before I played to Silver 5 just to get the border because I was lazy. Somehow it put me in Silver 4 after going 5-5 in placements.

It's probably just a slot machine running in the background, unrelated to everything else. Oh, finished your 10 games? You placed iiiiiin... Oh, Bronze 5! The surprise upset for going 10-0!

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
hi leeg thread i am noob plaer what do i do when i am first pick pick lucian and my team proceeds to pick jhin and shaco with malph support for me and the enemy team goes braum elise gnar building near full tank? like is there some item im supposed to build because i never felt like I could do damage at any point of the game

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
step 1 kill you are self

breaks
May 12, 2001

Luna Was Here posted:

hi leeg thread i am noob plaer what do i do when i am first pick pick lucian and my team proceeds to pick jhin and shaco with malph support for me and the enemy team goes braum elise gnar building near full tank? like is there some item im supposed to build because i never felt like I could do damage at any point of the game

Next time this happens try starting off with a sapphire crystal, then rushing a tear of the goddess. Then rush 5 more of them.

Make sure to get the farsight alteration at level 9 also so that it kinda looks like you have 7 if you squint.

You still won't really do any damage, but this should help you communicate your feelings about the situation more clearly with your bros, and maybe get one of them to honor you with the coveted "teamwork" message.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

breaks posted:

Next time this happens try starting off with a sapphire crystal, then rushing a tear of the goddess. Then rush 5 more of them.

Make sure to get the farsight alteration at level 9 also so that it kinda looks like you have 7 if you squint.

You still won't really do any damage, but this should help you communicate your feelings about the situation more clearly with your bros, and maybe get one of them to honor you with the coveted "teamwork" message.

I'd like to think this is some amazing joke but then I met someone who actually did it.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Good to see one of my posts made the OP.

Played my first normal match in three months tonight. Was quality, would queue again.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Jhins weird. Critting baron for 3k on the fourth hit is pretty funny though.

Regular hits critting champions for 1500 is pretty dumb though.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Libertine posted:

Good to see one of my posts made the OP.

Played my first normal match in three months tonight. Was quality, would queue again.

lol, quality game

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Morgana mid is ridiculously good right now and has been borderline broken since the FCQ buffs (in my experience, starting Doran's ring and backing at ~850-1k for Frostfang typically results in close to 2k passive gold generation at 35-40 minutes).

All of the super-gold efficient AP items in this patch (FCQ, RoA, and Abyssal) are really good on her, and let her hit a gigantic midgame power spike relatively early. I usually skip Zhonyas unless against an AD midlaner like Zed/Talon; Morgana's damage is seriously underrated and being able to rotate through all your skills near-constantly feels a lot better than just flashing into fights and mashing Zhonyas (which you can still do minus the Zhonyas if you pick your spots well). Round out the build with Rabadon's/Void Staff, and I usually get so much gold that I swap my CDR boots out for a Lich Bane eventually (same CDR, only slightly less movement speed, way more damage). The FCQ + CDR boots + RoA + Abyssal build is good on several other champs as well, but arguably none as good as Morgana.

I run a standard thunderlords page + scaling CDR blues (gives 35% CDR with FCQ and CDR boots), and TP always (Morgana has one of the best TPs of any midlaner, especially with FCQ).

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Methanar posted:

Jhins weird. Critting baron for 3k on the fourth hit is pretty funny though.

Regular hits critting champions for 1500 is pretty dumb though.

nice yellow trinket

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I like lane Morg because 3 ranks in W plus a single Dorans ring will kill the entire row of caster minions

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I really wish new queue had a "naw im good I'll wait for my primary" option

sometimes I just want to chill in the jungle and not play a lane

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

This was not the outcome I expected when I decided to take Sona into my placements.

Umbreon fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Feb 9, 2016

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I think I just hit peak pubbie

Zed feeds Lux mid, rages at us all game about it, starts dropping hate speech as the game ends and complaining about "loving bronzies kill yourselves"

I look him up after game out of morbid curiosity, Silver V last season :allears:

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

blah_blah posted:

mid lane Morg

Yeah, this is absolutely correct and pretty good build advice. I tried a game without FQC last night and the utility is still too high, even with the nerfs.

Marvin the force is not bad right now:

This whole game was basically a slow strangling until I hit the point where I could reliably blow up Vayne in about a half second.

e: Also that Ashe that nearly owned us last night was diamond. What a weird mix of player levels in that game.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Feb 9, 2016

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
who are you playing against as jarvan in lane that doesnt make you want to hate yourself? jax?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Verviticus posted:

who are you playing against as jarvan in lane that doesnt make you want to hate yourself? jax?

That game was Azir. It was not a great lane phase for me but I never got killed and I got some CS, so...

e: actually I did die once when I all-inned Azir at a bad time. Their jungler just happened to be right there. Other than that, it went ok.

Here's the game http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2092730188/38198234

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
j4 was my go-to last season because he had basically the most undeniable assassination in the game if you wanted to pop an AD carry but the popular laners now (malphite/tahm/fiora/poppy) all make his life loving miserable. irelia/jax/renekton/shyv of yesteryear were a little more even. also hydra and tiamat loving suck to build as laning items

shen/riven are both pretty miserable as well. havent seen a GP as j4 but i imagine thats not so bad

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Verviticus posted:

j4 was my go-to last season because he had basically the most undeniable assassination in the game if you wanted to pop an AD carry but the popular laners now (malphite/tahm/fiora/poppy) all make his life loving miserable. irelia/jax/renekton/shyv of yesteryear were a little more even. also hydra and tiamat loving suck to build as laning items

shen/riven are both pretty miserable as well. havent seen a GP as j4 but i imagine thats not so bad

Yeah, I don't think he's a very good toplaner anymore. He only works as a midlaner in some matchups. I would build yommuu's first (unless you want hexdrinker). So something like yoomu's/hexdrinker/cdr boots/one defensive item (armor or MR + CDR)/infinity edge/triforce or something like that.

You're right that you have to blow people up immediately or it's a useless champion right now.

The new AD assassin item might be good on him next patch.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Very brave, not many would admit to being 69 online

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I don't see why the queue selection thing can't just be a checkbox. Check any and all roles you are willing to play!

If it's only mid I don't see the problem, if you are willing to wait 40 mins more power to you.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
i just had bard picked away from me lamo

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
One of the top 10 most popular supports!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Patch 6.3 notes!

quote:

"Fixed a bug where killing enemies in the fog of war sometimes caused your CS counter to decrease"

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Talon is going to be loving cancerous

Good

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

How.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
They really put it in.

Who is this item bad on that's not AP or full tank?

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

That's why I kept seeing enemy junglers with clearly false CS like 3 at 18 minutes, I assume. I'm going to guess that it has something to do with them not wanting CS for players you can't see to update, so you can't try to track their junglers movements by their CS - "Oh hey just got four, he's at wraiths!", but they hosed it up somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
http://www.surrenderat20.net/2016/02/29-pbe-update.html#more

Blood Moon Yasuo (and Kennen) and pretty strong GP nerf

• Locked thread