Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Well, I really wanted to have a proper opportunity to read the thread fully and come to a considered conclusion, but work and illness aren't allowing me to do that.

So.

##vote Tirade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: :boom: Tirade :boom:

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
You have chosen... poorly.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

:ghost: :munch: :ghost:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
:ghost:##whip

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

:ghost:I've got a bad feeling about this:ghost:

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism
Haha I think a server fart eliminated mine and bifs responses

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Tirade, the Tin Foil Hat Wearing Retired FBI Agent: You are a doctor, every night you may use your special training to protect someone from both possession and being killed. You must post about conspiracy theories atleast 3 times a day.
has been lynched!

The remaining ghost strikes the innocent baby!

TOML, The Innocent Baby has been sent away from this world!
(Innocent Baby: You are confirmed town at the start of the game.)

Mithranderp, the 3rd Party Occultist is the victor!

:ghost:3rd Party and Pyrrhic Ghost Victory:ghost:

The Occultist: You have a one shot ability, you must PM a list to the moderator by day 5 of your three guesses for the three ghosts, if all three are correct this causes an end of world event whereby both scum and town have to find and lynch or nightkill the occultist or else both factions lose the game and the occultist wins.
If one or more ghosts die before day 5, you will instead receive a one shot vigilante and a one shot commuter. If your guesses are wrong, the ritual fails and you die. If all the ghosts die before or after day 5, you die yourself and become a ghost with an additional power (this will not be announced to the thread)
Ghost power: Each night you may send a note to a player which states another player is a ghost. Otherwise you may nightkill.

Scum:
Ghost 1(Drowned Fisherman/Local Fisherman[Fakeclaim]): Every Even Night you may target a player, if the action is successful you possess them. The following day you can send up to four messages to the moderator. These messages will then be passed on to your target, the target must post these messages as if s/he said them normally. These messages cannot be extremely overambitious such as “I am scum” or “I am a ghost” For example you may choose to use your messages to defend someone or make the player look inconsistent. Subtlety is key. If the player doesn’t post your messages, the player is modkilled

Fakeclaim: Each night you bait your hook with a fish, if someone or something visits your target whose direction you cast the fishing rod in your bait is gone.

Ghost 2(Buried Traveller/European Backpacker[Fakeclaim]): Every Odd Night you may target a player, if the action is successful you possess them, you must PM the moderator the name of a player, for the rest of the following day your night target may only vote and accuse that player. If the player doesn’t shark for your target, the player is modkilled

Fakeclaim: You commute every even night.

Ghost 3(Fallen Climber/Mountain Climber[Fakeclaim]): Every day you may choose a player, if your action is successful you possess them. For the rest of the day the target may only use google translator to post in a language of your choice as if they are speaking in tongues. Your secondary action is a night action called freezing touch, this is a one shot action that; using your cold ghostly hands you paralyse a target for the remainder of the night.
Fakeclaim: You may track a target every night, the sturdiness of your hiking boots means nothing can stop you from reaching your destination.

Lid

Town:
Strong-willed Japanese schoolgirl: You are immune to possession from ghosts, however you can only post like a high school girl using Instant Messaging programs. Keep it work safe.

The Magician: By day 5 you must PM the moderator your guess for which player is the Occultist, if you guess correctly; the occultist is struck by lightning. If you guess incorrectly, your guess is struck by lightning. Ghosts are immune to lightning.

Ghostbuster: You have a three shot ghostbusting gun that can be used during the day, much like a dayvig. If you hit a ghost, it will stun them for the entire day, unable to post or vote. If you hit a town, it will stun them for the entire day, unable to post or vote. You activate your gun by saying ##Ghostbust <playername>” in thread. You cannot use your weapon while possessed

Alternative Press Photographer: Each night you may take a photograph, allow for a day for the photograph to develop and you will get a message of who or what is in the photograph. For example, you might want to take a photograph of Anidav, you would tell the moderator to take a photograph of Anidav tonight. The next night your photo develops and it can tell you who else is in the photograph; including ghosts.

Dayshift Exorcist: Each day you can use your exorcism powers to cast out a ghost that has possessed another player. This requires guesswork on who has been possessed or if they are worth being exorcised. After you successfully preform an exorcism, you need a 1-day break to reconnect with Christ. You must post ##exorcise <playername> to use this power. You cannot use your power while possessed.

Small Child with The Shining: Each night you may select a player who you asked a question to. (quote the answer) Your supernatural ability will detect whether this is a truthful answer or a ghoulish lie. The question cannot be a straight arrow such as “Are you a ghost/scum/whatever”. This power cannot work if the question was asked while you are possessed.

Catholic Housewife: You have a one shot ability, if you encounter a ghost attempting to harm or possess you, you scream; making the ghost action fail. All other players in the haunted house will be notified of your scream when this happens.

Gothic Rock Star: If you are killed, you become a Vengeful Spirit and may choose someone to kill and go down with you. How dark and poetic.

Tin Foil Hat Wearing Retired FBI Agent: You are a doctor, every night you may use your special training to protect someone from both possession and being killed. You must post about conspiracy theories atleast 3 times a day.

Innocent Baby: You are confirmed town at the start of the game.

Blind Fortune teller: You have a one shot prediction, starting from night 1 if you correctly guess the next day’s lynch target you disable all ghosts for the following night. You can only post like teller of fortunes.

3rd Party
The Occultist: You have a one shot ability, you must PM a list to the moderator by day 5 of your three guesses for the three ghosts, if all three are correct this causes an end of world event whereby both scum and town have to find and lynch or nightkill the occultist or else both factions lose the game and the occultist wins.
If one or more ghosts die before day 5, you will instead receive a one shot vigilante and a one shot commuter. If your guesses are wrong, the ritual fails and you die. If all the ghosts die before or after day 5, you die yourself and become a ghost with an additional power (this will not be announced to the thread)
Ghost power: Each night you may send a note to a player which states another player is a ghost. Otherwise you may nightkill.

Fake Claim: The Artist; Your creative mind prevents you from being possessed.

The provided fake claims were optional use.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Thank you Zets for trying so hard to be my translator!

And thanks to.Anidav and Tith for a really awesome setup.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
that sure was a thing

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

lol, sorry town

congrats mith!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Man it was so clear Mith was the last evil dude in lylo

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

My night action is crying
My day action is also crying

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
read the scum doc for 4 pages of me whining about the setup :v:

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism
what a mithcarriage of justice

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
Thanks Anidav and tithin.

I'm still floored. TOML did you ignore every single post I made?

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
Hahahaha I'm honestly surprised you lynched Tirade

SEE I MOSTLY WASN'T MAKING MY ROLE UP

Except I replaced commuter with bulletproof because a) I wanted the ghosts to kill me so I could get them to stop trying to get me lynched erryday and b) because commuter is rarely given to town players.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Venom Soag posted:

what a mithcarriage of justice

holy gently caress

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
Hmm now that I think about it, being nightkilled might not have even turned me into a ghost, so boy am I actually glad that didn't happen.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Tirade posted:

Thanks Anidav and tithin.

I'm still floored. TOML did you ignore every single post I made?

nah, i read them, i'm just not very good at mafia

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

that was a very hard game

thanks to the mods

apologies to town for playing terribly and also killing zets

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Oh my loving god, I'm so sorry

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Confirmed Towns are a bad idea (unless it's a soldiers game)

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

I spent yesterday with horrible anxiety about having to lie to you all :negative:

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

bowmore posted:

Confirmed Towns are a bad idea (unless it's a soldiers game)

nothing about my performance is down to my role, all my mistakes this game are entirely my fault

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
There were plenty of times TOML could be died. Tirade didn't always protect him.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Those On My Left posted:

nothing about my performance is down to my role, all my mistakes this game are entirely my fault
yeah but we wouldn't have let you stick around until lylo if you weren't confirmed town

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Anidav do you normally do a breakdown of day and night actions?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Man I was hoping to have the apocalypse happen

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Did I save bif on n1? My doctor picks were:

N1 - Bif
N2-4 - bowmore
N5 - iajanus
N6-7 - TOML

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tirade posted:

Did I save bif on n1? My doctor picks were:

N1 - Bif
N2-4 - bowmore
N5 - iajanus
N6-7 - TOML
pretty sure Coq screamed the kill away

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

tithin posted:

Man I was hoping to have the apocalypse happen

Same, but there was no way I could have gotten the scum picks right. I would have picked lid, MAYBE seagull, but definitely not birdstrike

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Mithranderp posted:

SEE I MOSTLY WASN'T MAKING MY ROLE UP

Except I replaced commuter with bulletproof because a) I wanted the ghosts to kill me so I could get them to stop trying to get me lynched erryday and b) because commuter is rarely given to town players.

v happy with this, I thought your role sounded bananas but also thought it was probably true

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Mithranderp posted:

I spent yesterday with horrible anxiety about having to lie to you all :negative:

You did really well. I also noticed that you were lying as little as possible.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

bowmore posted:

pretty sure Coq screamed the kill away

yeah I attacked Coq

also anidav have better fakeclaims plz thx

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
anidav: the key to your power to make people post what you say is subtlety...

birb: I'M GONNA MAKE PEOPLE POST AVS BANBAIT :v::v::v:

good game

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

thanks for running it tithin & anidav, sorry i didn't get more into the spirit of things

time for my mafia break i think

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Yeah! It was (IMO) a very fun and astonishingly well-balanced setup, in spite of the wacky roles. Can't wait for the next mafia extranidavaganza

I think I'll take a bit of a break from mafia too :3:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Birdstrike posted:

yeah I attacked Coq

also anidav have better fakeclaims plz thx
I don't like giving fake claims, so much better when people make up their own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

black_tangled posted:

that was a very hard game

thanks to the mods

apologies to town for playing terribly and also killing zets

hahaha, if you hadn't been NKed, I would have tried to get you lynched to activate my power that day.

• Locked thread