Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Nooo Greg don't get sucked back into her vortex of madness!!

I am just not strong enough for the emotional rollercoaster we're on :prepop:

Brock Samson fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Feb 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Haha two competing law firms just drop everything to help out on a relationship problem, that's awesome

oh god hair band lmao

telling the story word for word from the show intro holy poo poo this might be my favourite episode

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Feb 9, 2016

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
omg the bitch song

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"
I left my wife for a prostitute! :negative:

The best recurring joke!

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

DivisionPost posted:

Things can get a little more serious between Rebecca and Josh without it being as creepy,

HA HA HA HA HA SO MUCH FOR THAT

This was a tremendous episode.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

DivisionPost posted:

HA HA HA HA HA SO MUCH FOR THAT

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Barry Convex posted:

omg the bitch song

seriously. Song ruled, episode was great.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Okay, this episode was the best in a while. It was so fast paced and barely gave me time to think about it. I will rewatch it at some point.

It was also well directed. For example they did a good job with this vertigo zoom.
https://zippy.gfycat.com/LastAridAmphibian.webm

And I love 80s hair rock. So that's probably a plus.

EDIT: Aww sorry. Does anyone know a way to make webms smaller? I don't want to break your tables.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Feb 9, 2016

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Air is lava! posted:

It was also well directed. For example they did a good job with this vertigo zoom.
The NOOOOOOOOO was absolutely delightful as well.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

well this certainly made up for the last couple episodes.

i love this show :allears:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I was about to say the show was losing its unique edge at the start of this episode but quickly realised it was a definite return to form. Both songs were full length and really good. Stupid bitch was brutal in how real it was, absolutely top stuff. I really like what they did with Scott and the title card conversation was really clever writing. The stuff with Greg was so well handled too, clearly keeping that plot running without discounting Heather. Also glad to see I was correct with the bus confession not being her revealing moment.

Also was Santino playing the piano in the second song?

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Thank god Greg got out of there when he did

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Phoon posted:

Thank god Greg got out of there when he did

His settle for me song was so tough to watch. I'm glad he is taking care of his emotional well being more now. I still can't forgive her for loving that vegan on their date.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
The people that want Greg to keep pursuing Rebecca must hate Greg.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

There is a difference to wanting them to end up together and him pursuing her as things stand now.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Jamesman posted:

40 minutes in before the title card.

I didn't even realize they skipped the regular intro. I'm now twice as happy with the way they did it.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

I really thought they were gonna gently caress which would have been a disaster for everyone involved.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

About 30 minutes ago I had never heard of Rachel Bloom. Out of boredom and insomnia I checked out this thread. I am now in love with Rachel Bloom. Gotta figure out where I can binge this show, CW like everyone else doesn't leave the loving season up for streaming, just the last few episodes. I don't understand why they do that. I'd sit through their loving commercials to make up for the fact that I am getting in to the show late. Do they hate advertising revenue? LET ME CATCH UP ON YOUR SHOW.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I think more networks are finally figuring out how this streaming poo poo works and how they commercially benefit from keeping all the episodes up. CW still hasn't.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Help! I am literally obsesed with this show.
I started checking Rachel Blooms twitter account more than daily. Usually, I don't even use twitter, but that woman puts so much of her heart into this show. She tweets about every episode while they air and shares some interesting stuff.
It's only wednesday and I am already looking forward to next monday. That's not healthy! I think I'd need a really sucky and tediously boring episode just to level me down.

Also, textastrophe rolls of the tounge way better than textmergency.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"
I'm with the Ghost of Steve Jobs: Messapocalypse.

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

Should've went with catextrophe.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
So who here is Team Textmergency, who's Team Textastrophe, and who's Team Messagepocalypse?

I'm Team Messagepocalypse.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Senerio posted:

So who here is Team Textmergency, who's Team Textastrophe, and who's Team Messagepocalypse?

Team Textastrophe from the womb to the tomb

Clevermuldoon posted:

Should've went with catextrophe.

This is real good though

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Jamesman posted:

Guys, it's on!

Frather Brah is back!

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Haha two competing law firms just drop everything to help out on a relationship problem, that's awesome

oh god hair band lmao

telling the story word for word from the show intro holy poo poo this might be my favourite episode

Father Brah is best character.

Everyone completely understanding the nature of a bad text is amazing and it made me think about how much we have change our society based on our spilt second messages to each other.

Greg's person growth stuff is pretty great because I know Rebecca said in an interview that she in Greg where going to end up together but Josh worked so well as a character they changed things up.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Senerio posted:

GET OUT OF HERE STEVE JOBS.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
We really need to acknowledge how great it is that Paula's husband was just so on board with doing everything and ended up being sucked into all the drama with Rebecca's love life.

So now there's no new episode this Monday because we're getting a loving Mortal Kombat tournament instead? Is that seriously what's happening?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Monday is an important holiday afterall

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Jamesman posted:

We really need to acknowledge how great it is that Paula's husband was just so on board with doing everything and ended up being sucked into all the drama with Rebecca's love life.

So now there's no new episode this Monday because we're getting a loving Mortal Kombat tournament instead? Is that seriously what's happening?

I forgot that Paula's husband was awesomely down for everything and there relationships whole problem was the fact that neither of them listened to each other.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jamesman posted:

Shes so broken inside*shakes head*

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
C-R-A-Z-Y

MrBuddyLee
Aug 24, 2004
IN DEBUT, I SPEW!!!
he's not the brightest, but he's not dumb as a rock
ROCK!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Jamesman posted:

Why? The guy who decided that that's going to happen is really stupid and terrible.

MrBuddyLee posted:

he's not the brightest, but he's not dumb as a rock
ROCK!

See what I did there?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Finally caught up with the show, and dear god that last episode was perfection. Hilarious right out the gate with all the professionals weighing in on the severity of Rebecca's text-mergentastrophe. Amazing musical numbers, and of course the brilliant spoken-word version of the theme song. I knew something was up when they didn't have it at the beginning and immediately screamed with glee when Paula said the first line.

The previous episode, while weak, had some great moments, and I am dying to see more of Whi-Jo/Chief. Hot young dude chasing after a middle-aged male divorcee is definitely something that hasn't been done on television. Along with the Asian-American bro for a leading man and the realistically diverse cast, this show is pretty great at doing the things that you don't see on television and executing them well.

Ugh, I love this show so much, my heart will not rest until I know it's getting a second season.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I heard about this show for the first time and caught up with it all this week. I love this show! I'm a huge fan of musicals, and while I think a lot of the songs fall flat, the ones that hit really hit, and most of the weak ones were in the first few episodes anyway. It's gotten better every week.

I am really unsure how Rebecca is going to get out of her latest jam.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Also not only is Rachel Bloom a fantastic actress and singer, and beautiful, she's also a writer! swooning hard

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Senerio posted:

SMS signal

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SOS) :downsrim:

blue squares fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Feb 18, 2016

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
New music video previewed!
Click here to see it.

They released their first compilation album, including 5 demos. The demos are pretty great.

1. "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Theme"
2. "West Covina"
3. "West Covina Reprise"
4. "The Sexy Getting Ready Song (Explicit)"
5. "Feelin' Kinda Naughty"
6. "I'm So Good At Yoga (Explicit)"
7. "Face Your Fears"
8. "I Have Friends"
9. "A Boy Band Made Up Of Four Joshes"
10. "Settle For Me"
11. "Settle For Me (Reprise)"
12. "Sex With a Stranger"
13. "I Love My Daughter (But Not in a Creepy Way)"
14. "I'm A Good Person (Explicit)"
15. "I Give Good Parent (Explicit)"
16. "What'll It Be?"
17. "His Status Is... Preferred"
18. "I'm In a Sexy French Depression"
19. "California Christmastime"
20. "Where's The Bathroom"
21. "Feelin' Kinda Naughty (Demo)"
22. "I Have Friends (Demo)"
23. "Settle For Me (Acapella) (Explicit)"
24. "Sex With A Stranger (Demo)"
25. "What'll It Be? (Demo)"

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
A preview is up.
The show picks the Daryll, White Josh situation up again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So I'm still an episode behind (well my external HD crapped out halfway through the first song) but MAN this show is so good. Do we know how many episodes this season is going to have?

• Locked thread