Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

This looks to be almost the companion piece to the behind-the-scenes book (that I still have to get :ohdear:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1s267t9bOA

Looking forward to this, and Ghostheads. Crazy to think that THREE of the people being interviewed (Ramis, Marguilies, and Michael C Gross) passed away from when they were interviewed to when this was/will be released :smith:

EDIT: And just for the hell of it, have some original film score (linked the entire playlist):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5JgvmilwNI

And my favourite part of the whole film, musically (should start at around 7:00):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrB94IlCARs&t=391s

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Feb 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
What are these people?

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Kevyn posted:

What are these people?

Various stages of Stay Puft models?

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

xezton posted:

Oh poo poo... I didn't even notice the red-eyed version!

At first I thought you were talking about the fact that he has his own uniform.

That verifies something I suspected when somebody posted about a supposed scene where Kevin seems to have troubles understanding that his hand doesn't pass through glass objects. They were kind of describing it like he was just supposed to be an extreme airhead, but it kind of reminded me of possessed Louis Tully doing things like sniffing that popcorn container. Like he's secretly a demon in disguise who doesn't quite understand the rules of our world.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Drink-Mix Man posted:

That verifies something I suspected when somebody posted about a supposed scene where Kevin seems to have troubles understanding that his hand doesn't pass through glass objects. They were kind of describing it like he was just supposed to be an extreme airhead, but it kind of reminded me of possessed Louis Tully doing things like sniffing that popcorn container. Like he's secretly a demon in disguise who doesn't quite understand the rules of our world.

Oooh, I kind of like this :allears:

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008
Oh God I'm going to have to bail on this thread just like the star wars one.

You goons with your spoilers.

Talk to you in five months or whatever

xezton
Jan 31, 2005

hhhat posted:

Oh God I'm going to have to bail on this thread just like the star wars one.

You goons with your spoilers.

Talk to you in five months or whatever

:wave:

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Oooh, I kind of like this :allears:

:agreed:

I wonder if this movie is going to include a token Giant Walking Object™. I mean it has to, right?

Pretty sure the GB2 trailer gave away Lady Liberty, but I don't think any of the GB1 original trailers showed Mr. Staypuft.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

xezton posted:

:wave:

:agreed:

I wonder if this movie is going to include a token Giant Walking Object™. I mean it has to, right?

Pretty sure the GB2 trailer gave away Lady Liberty, but I don't think any of the GB1 original trailers showed Mr. Staypuft.

I think there's a trailer for the first film on the website, and I thought I saw Stay puft.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
Regarding Kevin's secondary face: The scene where he's kinda dumb has nothing to do with him being possessed. He gets possessed by the (supposedly) main bad guy for a little while. That was one of scenes they showed in Munich as well. The one with the endless vomiting.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Hmm. Sounds like I might end up liking my idea better.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

xezton posted:

Oh poo poo... I didn't even notice the red-eyed version!

I dont see it anywhere which pic is it

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
The LEGO Facebook pages says they uploaded 36 pics to the album but there's only 31 available, maybe they removed the spoiler hints.

xezton
Jan 31, 2005

zVxTeflon posted:

I dont see it anywhere which pic is it

Ha! Yup, they removed them.

There are several news pages that still have the SPOILER pics up tho! Like this one: http://www.hitfix.com/news/check-out-the-new-ghostbusters-lego-set-which-might-have-a-spoiler

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
Still working my way through Halloween photos.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Boomerjinks posted:

Still working my way through Halloween photos.

That is an extremely beautiful shot. So vibrant, too.

Anyway, guys.... FOUR DAYS LEFT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYndBvhz8hU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Bummer. :smith:

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

That is an extremely beautiful shot. So vibrant, too.

What used to be an empty lot opposite the firehouse is now an office building with windows that reflect the sun perfectly. Expect pictures of the firehouse taken on the simplest camera to be gorgeous now that it's getting hit with light!

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

"What we're dealing with...
is us! Those things look just like us!"

"Speak for yourself, I couldn't look that bad on a bet."
A special announcement from Elaine...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IYMIszcDfg

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

http://ghostbustersnews.com/2016/02/11/ghostbusters-monopoly-is-coming/

So there's going to be a Monopoly game.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
It would be amusing to see the contrast between a bunch of friends growing to hate each other while still dishing out thematically appropriate quotes from the movies over the course of the game.

"You're never gonna regret this, ray!"

"My parents left me that house. I was born there!"

"You're not gonna lose the house; everybody has three mortgages nowadays!"

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Feb 11, 2016

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Ugh, loving Monopoly.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Lastdancer posted:

It would be amusing to see the contrast between a bunch of friends growing to hate each other while still dishing out thematically appropriate quotes from the movies over the course of the game.

"You're never gonna regret this, ray!"

"My parents left me that house. I was born there!"

"You're not gonna lose the house; everybody has three mortgages nowadays!"

"Why shouldn't I invest in Baltic?"
"It would be bad"
"I'm fuzzy on the whole good/bad thing... what do you mean 'bad'?"

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Given the merchandise blitz that started in 2009, I'm shocked it took this long.

Wank
Apr 26, 2008

So... is most of the merchandise for the new Ghostbusters going to be the original Ghostbusters? That is kind of weird.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Wank posted:

So... is most of the merchandise for the new Ghostbusters going to be the original Ghostbusters? That is kind of weird.

Kind of STUPID.

So they got into all kinds of dumb bad publicity for leaving out the main character of the new Star Wars when they dropped Star Wars Monopoly. So what's the next thing they do? Well just leave out the entire new female cast from the new Ghostbusters flick of course. That'll go over well.

Not saying it's a huge deal, but lots of people are gunna hate that and make a stink over it, even if a lot of people are gonna love it.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Feb 11, 2016

xezton
Jan 31, 2005

I dig it. The lovely logo and the duct tape.

Edit: source http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/02/11/ghostbusters-first-look-photo-of-the-ecto-2?abthid=56bc94233eb4dd213f00000b
Edit: also I made a cute radiation+heart symbol smilie :3

xezton fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Feb 12, 2016

Avril Lavigne
May 29, 2006

Wank posted:

The Monopoly thing is pretty specific but a lot of the upcoming merchandise seems to be being kept as generic as possible across the whole GB brand in order to appeal to the widest audience. This stuff is some of the laziest merchandise I've seen and I've practically been collecting GB stuff since birth.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

AndyElusive posted:

Kind of STUPID.

So they got into all kinds of dumb bad publicity for leaving out the main character of the new Star Wars when they dropped Star Wars Monopoly. So what's the next thing they do? Well just leave out the entire new female cast from the new Ghostbusters flick of course. That'll go over well.

Not saying it's a huge deal, but lots of people are gunna hate that and make a stink over it, even if a lot of people are gonna love it.

Nothing stupid about playing it safe since theres a 70% chance this movie bombs hard

WaywardWoodwose
May 19, 2008

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
It's probably really cheap to use all old art assets over and over again, also they can double dip some things like Monopoly, and make two versions.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

"Why shouldn't I invest in Baltic?"
"It would be bad"
"I'm fuzzy on the whole good/bad thing... what do you mean 'bad'?"

"If nothing happens we go to jail. Quietly, peacefully, we'll enjoy it. We won't pass Go, we won't collect $200."

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Kevyn posted:

"If nothing happens we go to jail. Quietly, peacefully, we'll enjoy it. We won't pass Go, we won't collect $200."

"Who does your taxes?"

Alternatively, "Top hat and Thimble Fleming! Top hat owns Marvin Gardens, which is in receivership, and Thimble's drawing a deferred rent payment from the green property set, so they're ok!

Would anyone rather play Parcheesi?"

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

To quote Egon in the photo lab, "What... the hell... is that (in the back)?"

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Why, I'd say that looks like some sort of spook, specter, or ghost (in the back)...

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

A class 3 vaporous, full torso apparition?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Sockser posted:

A class 3 vaporous, full torso apparition?

I wonder how many of those stupid "Ghost Hunters" style shows actually believe that the "science" that was written in the the Ghostbusters script was real? I heard some use the terms "Class A", "Class B", and "Full Body Apparitions".

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Wasn't it though? Didn't Akroyd use real terminology and ideas for the script?

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Well, "real" in the sense that he didn't make it all up is my understanding. Both Ghostbusters and those shows draw from the same pool of pseudoscience.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yeah. It may be a buncha bullshit, but it's the terminology they use. I've been looking that poo poo up for a script I'm writing. It adds a nice little insane layer to it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I want Spates Catalog and Tobin's Spirit Guide to be real. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

CelticPredator posted:

Yeah. It may be a buncha bullshit, but it's the terminology they use. I've been looking that poo poo up for a script I'm writing. It adds a nice little insane layer to it.

Got any good links?

• Locked thread