Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Majestic posted:

I don't quite share the same level of hostility towards Ish, as annoying as his recalcitrance is.

I don't like this vote and I don't like this situation and I wish I'd been able to start voting before we went on a death march, but I think it boils down to this:
Diog has straight up told us that our friends are going to die if we pick B, guaranteed. Our children are probably going to die.

What parent, when confronted with the almost certain death of his children (not to mention all his closest friends) wouldn't pick the option that gives them a chance at surviving?

I don't like the idea of A, I would have enjoyed this game a lot more if we bided our time and spent a few decades in Kavodel building our power and skill and being able to survive something like this. We were growing consistently stronger and more powerful, but for whatever reason, people decided that they couldn't handle a few more timeskip updates and had to go see the most dangerous parts of the world immediately. That brings us here. Where our children are going to die unless we pick A.

Saying things like "Oh well we can just reform our body, shame about three of our kids" is crazy, nothing about Enkidel to date has suggested he would be so mercenary with the lives of his family.

So, I don't like it, and I generally trust Ishamal, but I don' think that's relevant compared to our children dying.

A and hating it.

This entire post. We were so stupid to wander this far, or to leave Kavodel at all in the face of such a direct warning.

But we met Amok
But we met the swarm

And we're here now, and we can't go back.

Coq au Nandos fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Feb 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absum
May 28, 2013

I hadn't actually checked I just happened to notice because of the Q vote but you made me check now and as of this post I also count 42 to 40 same as your count.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
We would have been fine if we didnt vote to "rescue" the Gebebans. Just saying

The flaming lip
Oct 1, 2005
Likes shitty music
A

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Basscop posted:

That was probably a bad idea, yes.

Well, insofar as keeping your group alive went.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Basscop posted:

now we have a seed of people to be our worshipers

twitch and spasm
Jul 21, 2010
A.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
Voting A

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
B

There's worse things than death.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
We're going to throw everyone's lives away? Why B, fuckkkk....Enkidel himself would never give up.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Tsyni posted:

We're going to throw everyone's lives away? Why B, fuckkkk....Enkidel himself would never give up.

A is winning I think

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

SerSpook posted:

A is winning I think

Barely, barely....I just am perplexed as I always am.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

Tsyni posted:

Maybe this is when Enkidel finally accepts that you can't win 'em all.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

SerSpook posted:

now we have a seed of people to be our worshipers

Last time a giant demon we had no hope of defeating was poised to eat Demonkidel and people seemed largely ignorant of that threat because WOO YEAH DEMONKIDEL TIME HUN-GER HUN-GER BUILD US TEMPLES! This time we're probably going to become a hunger demon and people are planning how awesome it's gonna be, while a giant demon we have no hope of defeating lurks nearby...

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

We can finally build our own civilization with blacksmiths and potters!

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

TheCog, hop on IRC? I have a question about your count.

kalam
Oct 30, 2010
A

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

After reading the recent discussion, I've been convinced to change my vote.

Changing from B to A.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

Slaan posted:

FULL CONFESSION PEOPLE

I don't want to eat everything
I do not HUNGER
I do not want to destroy the world
I do not like Asherah, she is a bitch

Why do I vote for these things? Because people kept voting for us to be subservient to an obviously lying rear end in a top hat like Ishamal. The guy that cut off our balls at literal gunknife point. The guy that routinely refused to teach us anything, to tell us anything, to even declare the sky is blue [Diog, the sky actually IS blue here, right?]

The guy that follows a bunch of assholes that allow slavery and rape and war and demonic incursions and hate intelligence and kill minorities and literally burn heretics all in the name of neutrality. The guy that loving stunted us physically, emotionally, biologically and spiritually.

Ishamal is a loving rear end in a top hat.

He is the reason that I voted for Hunger
He is the reason that I voted to devour
He is the reason that I voted to destroy

Because all of these things were still better than letting someone like Ishamal win. His society is grotesque. It's better to die than to live in that world. It was for mercy killing.

But now. Now we have a chance to win. Now we have a chance to do better. Now we have a chance to actually make a difference and fix this place.

VOTE A you god drat sycophantic cowards. You have seen that we cannot trust Ishamal. Hopefully this has opened your eyes.

Be the better person and help people, don't be like Ishamal

This is beautiful, sums up my feelings perfectly and is why I am voting A. I have never hated any characters in any fiction more than I hate Ishmael and his lovely angel buttbuddies. Their arrogant hypocritical bullshit can suck it.

Even though this is probably a vote to die, it's better to die trying to be a good person and do the right thing than to die playing some childish game with a bunch of cosmic fuckheads.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

This is beautiful, sums up my feelings perfectly and is why I am voting A. I have never hated any characters in any fiction more than I hate Ishmael and his lovely angel buttbuddies. Their arrogant hypocritical bullshit can suck it.

Even though this is probably a vote to die, it's better to die trying to be a good person and do the right thing than to die playing some childish game with a bunch of cosmic fuckheads.

I guess playing it safe for a few centuries until we have enough information and power to actually challenge the status quo is out of the question for some reason? :confused:

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

Ralith posted:

I guess playing it safe for a few centuries until we have enough information and power to actually challenge the status quo is out of the question for some reason? :confused:

Mostly because that would take many years of IRL time that would consist of a continual barrage of stonewalling and demands for unquestioning obedience, peppered with comments about how disappointing Enkidel is.

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice

Ralith posted:

That ship has sailed. Barred from Ur. Uncertain about Zepath. And we just knocked on a gate that Uncle Castration and crew didn't tell us they installed.

Status quo is gone.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
B

I have a feeling that if we open that door everyone is going to die anyway.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey

Bularin posted:

That ship has sailed. Barred from Ur. Uncertain about Zepath. And we just knocked on a gate that Uncle Castration and crew didn't tell us they installed.

Status quo is gone.

The status quo in question is what happens in our absence, so if you want us to be unable to change that due to being chained up by Melachim or eaten by a greater demon attracted to our presence, vote A I guess? Nobody's banished us from hanging out with bugbros or Everfang or whatever while we power up.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(

Bularin posted:

Status quo is gone.

WE are gone. We alone can't change the status quo, specially right now. We are getting banned from everywhere we could actually help mankind. It's going to be fun though, but when Ashera comes we are not gooing to be as useful as if we had remained within Ur. Moot point anyway, we are dead in a few minutes.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Edit: gently caress! Nevermind!

Diogines fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Feb 12, 2016

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
Not Final Votecount!

A - Open the Gate (50)
1. Lord Cyrahzax
2. hollylolly
3. Nyaa
4. Raserys
5. Basscop
6. Hobolicious
7. Beastyfella
8. ClothHat
9. Arbitrary Number
10. RadicalR
11. Outrail
12. Toughy
13. CainsDescendant
14. Balder
15. ArbitraryTA
16. Ouroborus
17. Viking_Helmet
18. KPC_Mammon
19. nothing to seehere
20. maxhush
21. Rahul
22. Puella Magissima
23. TK-42-1
24. Bede
25. Bularin
26. Vavrek
27. Grognan
28. SKY COQ
29. Arkanomen
30. Aades
31. Vagon
32. Slaan
33. Jester Mcgee
34. B.B. Rodriguez
35. Tsyni
36. whattodo
37. Waci
38. Theglavwen
39. Majestic
40. Eryxias
41. stevey666
42. The flaming lip
43. Marigi
44. Morand
45. kalam
46. LivesInGrey
47. Mexican Deathgasm
48. Drothmar
49. Lazaruise
50. Esper

B - Don't open the gate (45)
1. HiHo ChiRho
2. Task Manager
3. dog kisser
4. TheCog
5. FoxTerrier
6. OrangeOrbit
7. LowellDND
8. Cornuto
9. Ralith
10. Zybourne Clock
11. Absum
12. Hot Dog Day 80
13. Mr Apollo
14. Greggster
15. Voliun
16. Deadly Ham Sandwich
17. dyzzy
18. Arcturas
19. unimportantguy
20. 100 HOGS AGREE
21. falcon2424
22. WhiteOutMouse
23. gnarl
24. Gantolandon
25. Sogol
26. Jewcoon
27. the_steve
28. Mr. Nemo
29. Everseen
30. Klingtron
31. Canasta_Nasty
32. rex monday
33. Amazed
34. Kristopher
35. Numeron
36. McSpanky
37. Wuzzlez
38. HBar
39. There Bias Two
40. Markoff Chaney
41. Pladdicus
42. paragon1
43. John Lee
44. SerSpook
45. a cat irl

Count updated up to this post

EDIT: For clarity, check up to what post this count has been updated, I'm editing as votes come in.

TheCog fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Feb 12, 2016

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

gently caress. I wanted to close at 100 votes. That was 90. Voting re-opens!

We are closing at 100 votes, whatever that outcome is. On that vote.

I don't have time to update tonight but this one is going to take the Capybaras a while no matter what and we need to close at SOME arbitrary point for fairness sake, so, 100 votes it is. On the hundredth vote we stop.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
:rms:

a cat irl
Feb 13, 2010
A

changed down thread :v:

a cat irl fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Feb 12, 2016

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Opening the gate is pure hubris. Having power, saving the world and everyone we love is all well and good, but we have no idea what we're doing. And don't say that we're accessing our godhood because we have no idea what that means. Don't forget that we knocked out several hundred people on accident just trying to scare away one drat demon. Let's not open the gate, kill everyone and then go "Oops."

a cat irl
Feb 13, 2010
Dragging 600 hundred people across the demon-infested world is the true hubris.

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
*rolls ankle* *gains 15lbs* *apologizes to TFLC* *rolls ankle*...

There Bias Two posted:

Opening the gate is pure hubris. Having power, saving the world and everyone we love is all well and good, but we have no idea what we're doing. And don't say that we're accessing our godhood because we have no idea what that means. Don't forget that we knocked out several hundred people on accident just trying to scare away one drat demon. Let's not open the gate, kill everyone and then go "Oops."

I agree with this, let's keep the gate closed, let the demon kill everyone and then go Oops.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey

a cat irl posted:

Dragging 600 hundred people across the demon-infested world is the true hubris.

We've already made that mistake. We can still stop before we make another while trying in futility to save these people.

Drothmar
Feb 18, 2015

I vote A.

Drothmar fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Feb 12, 2016

Lazaruise
Jan 25, 2009
A This is my first and maybe only time voting though I've been reading from the beginning. I think this is the best bet. Even if we fail it will be going out amazingly.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Bold that poo poo Drothmar, we gotta win this!

E: nevermind.

^picked a great time to start voting!

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Task Manager posted:

Wait. This and my conversation with Theglavwen just made me realize something. Ishamal didn't make the door - he's just guarding it.

Not necessarily- as far as 'Snarls' is concerned yes Ishamal did just show it to him, but thats not to say he didn't make it himself then show it to him

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Lazaruise posted:

A This is my first and maybe only time voting though I've been reading from the beginning. I think this is the best bet. Even if we fail it will be going out amazingly.
Welcome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Esper
Nov 23, 2004
Killed a baboon, once.
I'd really like us to get to 100 votes because I'm desperately awaiting the next update, but... I really have no idea which way to vote. I do have the sudden impression that we've been denied our destiny for too long and exercised patience long enough, however, so I very reluctantly have decided to vote A. Ever since this CYOA has started, I've really felt like Enkidel wasn't necessarily meant to be the *good guy* and it's frustrated me time and time again seeing us try to do that anyways. Let's piss some people off and carve out our place in the world... or die trying. But truly, I think the greatest danger isn't embracing our destiny or denying it but rather trying to walk the middle path like we have for so long. If we're going to do this, let's take this all the way and never look back.